Pleasantries Aside.
[html]
WC: 442 OOC: Eclipse is in Optime, :3

It has been a few days since she had gotten the news of the wolf woman who origionally owned the horses. It was sad to think that she passed away and Eclipse promised to take good care of the horses for as long as they were in her care and it seemed with each passing day Grace was letting Eclipse come closer and spend more time with her and her colt. She had yet to name the colt. She had kept an eye on him closely trying to see if he would show signs of a good name, but nothing came to mind. She admired his spunk though and she wondered how his mother could keep up with such a frisky foal. She was out once again watching the two, now neither were in danger of leaving her and she couldn’t believe she had two beautiful horses to take care of. One was rather young, but perhaps if she could train him she could give him to one of the smaller wolves. But she knew nothing about training a horse, much like she had known nothing about taking care of one either. She watched them for a little while, and figuring she wasn’t going to get a name out of him today moved onto working with the garden. She loved being there, it gave her sense of tranquility. She once had her own garden. Before she left Ichika and it disbanded. The thought of it saddened her and she always wondered if she stayed, then if it would still be there.

She sat near the garden, playing with a patch of soil. She wasn’t really trying to do anything, in fact she was mostly memorizing what was in the garden and what she could bring to it. SHe did have saffron but she was strill unsure of how to plant any of its seeds. Her jar was sacred to her as it was exotic. Perhaps if she could find something about it and how to take care of a plant such as that, then she could easily make it grow, but she didn’t feel like reading. She just felt like sitting on the dirt only a foot or so from the plants starting point and just staring at them. Her eyes slowly scanned the area, finding only a few plants she didn’t know. She would have to learn eventually. Her brown hand was kneading at the soil, bringing up the cool earth toward her fingertips. She listened to the soft bird song and just enjoyed the morning for one that could possibly be just as quiet as the last few.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
OCC:3 points

Aylu was still growing used to having his own hut. He had adjusted to it somewhat had had some nightst where he still found it easier to sleep with Russell. The herbs Tal had given him had been helping him rest more but the nightmares persisted. Shiloh still haunted his dreams. He had gotten up early that day and made a few rounds before returning home and finding he was too restless to stay there. He had gone out and decided to find the garden and plant some of his own plants he had found in the area.

He had just rounded a corner when he noticed a brown an cream wolf in a garden. Well I found the garden he thought as he approached the woman slowly. "Hello miss. I am Aylu, warrior and protector of the pack. Mind if I join you?" he said softly looking down at her. He knew he was huge. He hated being so big. What did she think about him? He was always so shy as a pup when it came to girls and Orin had made it hard for him to really approach them. He pulled his satchel around and pulled out some sage and some cherry pits. Maybe they could grow cherries here.
[html]
WC: 322 OOC:Omg It's a deedee!! Big Grin

She had been focused so much on her thoughts that the man that came into the garden came almost unnoticed until he spoke. She jumped, but at his soft words, she calmed. Protector of the pack? She looked at him and could understand why. She gave him a small smile letting him know it was ok for him to join her and watched as he unpacked the seeds he wanted planting. Her ears perked at the sight of them and she let out a bright smile.

“Are those... Cherry pits? Oh I haven’t had cherries in so long! And that’s sage?”

Her heart leapt, all the possibilities she could use with such an ingredient. Her eyes were bright with interest. She had been cooking since she was a young pup, first it was mud pies to burning things, and now she was sure she could make halfway decent well cooked meals. Vegetables never tasted so good to her, and many who shirked from it came with an open and welcome belly. She was sitting up with interest but not trying to pry at all. After all she was new to this pack, and she didn’t know what types of rights she had. Back in Ichika it was strict enough where they were formal to most everyone though she had barely learned any of it before leaving anyway though she had gotten use to the greetings and how to treat those that ranked higher than her. She was still getting use to this pack, it seemed so free, so aloof from any of the other packs, though she liked it, she felt strange being less formal. Then remembering she didn't introduce herself she hurried saying

"I'm terribly sorry, I'm Eclipse Soulstorm, I'm new, but I hope to keep everyone well fed and happy."

She said kindly. Though she was being tormented inside she wouldn't let others see she was vulnerable including her pack mates

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
OCC: SHAW!!!!! <3

Aylu's tail swished softly behind him as he sat down. "Yes. I have been wanting cherries for the longest and heard we had a garden here. I just don't know if they will grow here. And yes I found this sage on my runs. I have been looking for something new to put in my stews. Too bad no one ever tries them. They are really good. And my broths are good for soothing people along with my tea's. But I am running out of herbs for all of it. Will you help me?" he asked taking the woman's hand hand giving her the cherry pits and sage.

"Its nice to meet you Eclipse. I have been wanting to meet another cook for a long time. Maybe you can use the meat I catch for something other then stew and fire roasted. I also have a few cows that produce milk. Would you like some? I milked them just today?" he said holding up a skin full of fresh milk for her
[html]
WC: 376 OOC: * whistles innocently*

She listened as he spoke her eyes on him at all times. She was cautious, but she listened as he spoke soaking in everything he had to say and with a polite smile on her face the whole time.

“It is too bad no one tries your food. I was lucky enough that my family enjoyed mine. I wouldn’t mind trying yours. I have never met another cook before. Perhaps we can give tips to one another?”

She didn’t really do many broths or soups, as she had found out as a little girl that they were not things wolves liked to eat much, but thinking about it she could see why one wanted to make such things and figured it wouldn’t hurt to learn. She nearly pulled her arm away at his touch. It had been a while since she had physical interaction with another that it surprised her. She blushed as he put the pits in her hand. She looked down at it, trying to remember if they grew or not in this cold climate.

“Well always one way to find out, though I think we should plant them further away. trees tend to take up a lot of water and we want the other plants to grow.”

She was thankful for the fur she had for if she didn’t her face would show her embarrassment at her flinch. He held out a skin of milk and she tilted her head. Milk? She looked at him with a raised eyebrow. She had never used milk from any animal, so she wasn’t sure why she would need it.

“Uh thank you, but I don’t know what it would be for. I’ve never actually... you touched a cows, what’s it called to get this?!”

She asked increduously not sure if she wanted to take the bag or not, she wasn’t trying to be rude, but she was surprised. Cows were meant to be eaten weren’t they? Did they really have any other use? Like horses? She couldn’t imagine riding on a cow at all. The thought made her giggle a little, but she stifled it and looked at the man waiting for an answer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
OCC: laughs softly. Its been a long time since we have had a thread together.

Aylu noticed the woman's slight flinch. Had something happen to her? He would drop it for now. Her questions made him laugh slightly. "Its called a utter. Did you not know cows are not only good for eating but giving milk. It tastes quite good. There are human foods that we can make that call for it. I have tried some myself. We don't have all the things some of the food call for but they taste good all the same. Here try it," he said again holding the skin up for her to try some.

"Cows are also good for turning up the soil here. I have been working on making something the humans call a plow. You hook it up to a cow or horse and they pull it and turn up the soil for planting. I would love to try some of your food when some of these plant come into season. I bet they are mighty fine. We have a fishermen that lives here too so we will have fish to cook too. That is when I am not running my routes to ensure that the pack is safe," he said with a wink. He pulled out some dried meat and bit off a piece. He hoped the cherry tree grew. He really wanted some cherries.
[html]
WC: 383 OOC:

She looked away at his laugh, yes she was naive, and she didn’t mean to be, but it seemed to amuse many. He spoke answering her, an utter... well it was gross looking, she thought, but continued to listen. Milk was good for foods humans use to make. He offered it again and she took the drink and sniffed the opening. It had a slight scent to it, one that was different to her nose, then she took a quick sip and swallowed. It was nothing like the milk her mother use to give her as a puppy that was for sure, but it was not too bad for all it came out of a fat dumb animal.

“What kinds of foods can milk be used in?”

She asked curiously looking at the bag that held the drink and handed it back to him. It was probably something that took an acquired taste to it. In any case she wasn’t so sure about the taste at all. As he spoke she grinned and shook her head.

“You don’t have to wait. Most of my herbs and spices are dried but they are still good for cooking. I even have some saffron that was given to me. I only use that for special occasions though.”

She said and moved so that she was a few feet from where the garden started. She put the cherry pits into the ground and covered them, wondering if they would grow. It would be something to see them grow from seeds, but as she had been to a trader that had them, and she tried them, she could say they were some of her favorite food so she wished the tree was fully grown now.

“There, and now for the sage. How’s this spot here?”

She moved over to an empty space she was sure there wasn’t anything planted there, she looked up at the man, kind of amazed that someone else shared her love for the plants and food that grew around them. She was no vegetarian, but she knew that vegetables were also good for them and the way she made it, tended to make others more open minded about eating as well.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]