Walking the line
1. Character Name: Garnet Massacre
2. Character Birthdate (including year): October 31, 2007
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines): Luperci
4. Species (not applicable to canines): Coyote
5. Gender: Female
6. Your e-mail: danne_boone@yahoo.com
7. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Use email for MSN and AIM (lol I was stupid xp)
8. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Been here a little while. Almost half of a year.

IC:

Garnet was wandering around again, and why shouldn’t she? It wasn’t like she had gotten lost or anything. Pfft, a Massacre was way too good to have done something like, say, get separated from her sister Midnight. The black puppy snorted and kicked at a passing beetle, which lay with its legs flailing as she walked on. The trees were starting to thin out as she continued on her pleasant afternoon stroll and gradually she came upon grassland. Garnet stopped and looked out at the Waste and sniffed the air. Scents nearby were somewhat familiar, hopefully Midnight had come this way.

The red-eyed coyote strolled confidently in the grass, acting like she had every right in the world to be there. However, she did stick to the tree-line and the border. It wasn’t all that likely that Midnight had wandered off into the middle of someone’s territory looking for her. Still, when Garnet reached another border, she was frustrated to see that the border cut down deeper into the wood-land. The black puppy stopped and did her best impression of the big bad wolf, huffing and puffing and what not. Garnet sat down heavily and scowled at the border as if she might make it move just by staring at it.
[html]
ooc

You are the weapon I choose.

Asphyxia finally decided to settle herself in Inferni for the day, deciding not to see Skoll as she needed time for herself every once in a while. What was she doing with him? She wasn't exactly sure, but however she did know that she loved him and after being kidnapped, her love grew for him, stronger than ever as he saved her life like he promised he would. Every time she locked herself in Inferni, she always strolled the borders. It was something to do, and plus she'd be the first to know if anyone was creeping over the border. Wolves were always passing by at least, and coyotes that were lost in someway always strolled in to get directions and so on.

The only coyote that she never expected to see again was just happening to look around the border and Asphyxia's heart picked up. The little one, that was now much bigger, was basically a look-alike of Asphyxia, and where was Midnight though? Midnight was the same, but a look-alike of their father, Naloxone. Walking up to Garnet, she smiled finally seeing her daughter for the first time in what seemed like forever, "Garnet." she tried to breathe as her heart was going to fast to let her do that properly, "Where's Midnight? Where's Naloxone?" her heart sank. Were they dead?

[/html]
Garnet’s big puppy ears perked up as she spotted another black coyote moving towards her. She was practically the mirror image of Garnet, red eyes and all, and therefore could be none other than Asphyxia, her mother. As the female spoke, worry or something seemed to be worked into her voice, and Garnet couldn’t image why. It wasn’t like her sister couldn’t take care of herself. The tiny pup shrugged at her mother. ”Dunno. Midnight wandered off, I be looking for her. Dad was with us when we ran from the fire, but after that-“ The black puppy shrugged again, looking off in the distance. ”Then it was just me an’ sis, tryin’ to find you or dad again.” As she spoke, there was almost something like bordem in her voice. Garnet didn’t understand the worry that Asphyxia must have felt not knowing where her pups were. The black pup stood up and shook herself off before looking up at her mother. ”I’m hungry.” She stated matter-of-factly, red eyes meeting red eyes.
[html]
ooc

Looking at Garnet, she smiled as that simple mind that always wandered everywhere. She was still about the same at least, "I'm sure I can spare some. You planning on staying for long? Planning on re-joining Inferni? Yes were still around." she a gave a small chuckle and added, "Everyone is here, Faolin, Hybrid, Toxic and Midnight is the only one still not here, and you of course." Asphyxia was obviously hinting to her child that she would like all her children here. Some day, she was sure that the Massacre's and Holocaust's could take over Inferni, and any place they set their mind to. However, they weren't all that insane, others could say different.

[/html]
Garnet shrugged again. ”Guess I could stay here for a while. I go wherever I want to go, you know?” The black she-yote flicked her tail as her mother listed off named that she had known since birth practically. It wasn’t like she expected Inferni to be gone when she got here, nothing could destroy the coyote clan. NOTHING. She yawned, looking around absentmindedly. However, her ears pricked as Garnet noticed something about the list. She turned back to her mother. ”If me an’ Midi were the only ones not here,” The coyote paused and flicked an ear. ”Then what about dad? Is he here already?”

Garnet walked around a bit, sitting still for too long, or at all, made her fidgety. She sniffed at a tree, not looking at her mother as she asked another question. ”So what happened to you after the fire? What’s been goin’ on in your life?”
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at her child. Was she to tell her daughter that she found herself someone else? That she moved on from Naloxone? She took in a deep breath, "Well.. your father hasn't come back, and I...thought he was dead, that all of you died in the fire, so I've made myself.. get over him just in case." she wasn't ready to say anything about Skoll, especially Skoll, that would have probably be too much for Garnet to handle, so she stuck with the simple beginning that she could later explain to her daughter.

[/html]
Garnet turned her head back as her mother juggled with words. Red eyes searched her mother’s face as her own twisted to one of slight confusion. What could make her mother so uneasy? What was so difficult for her to just say? As her mother spoke those last few words though, shock then anger spread across her face. Garnet turned around and did something she hadn’t thought she would do when she had reunited with her family. In her fantasy when they were all together again everything would go back to the way it had been, her, Midnight, her dad and mom. Everything would be fine then. This was not what she expected, and so she yelled at her mother. ”What do you MEAN you GOT OVER HIM!? You make it sound like dad was some sort of, of, disease!”

Garnet huffed, her neck fur bristling. The young female began to pace again as she worked off some of her anger. She didn’t look at her mother as she tried to process this new information that had shattered her reality. Slowly, however, she began to feel bad for yelling at her mother. After all, she thought they were dead; they had been apart for a rather long time. Garnet took a deep breath and turned back to her mother now that she had cooled off. ”What I still don’t understand is why you would move on. I can see how you might have thought we were possibly dead, but still-“ She took a step closer to her mother, hoping she hadn’t hurt her too much. ”What’s going on, mom?”
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at her daughter, the way she was yelling at her made her feel...weak, when her daughter was finished, she was angry herself but it didn't show as much, "What was I supposed to do, Garnet?!" she looked away before looking at her daughter, "You don't know how it feels to think your family might be dead. Especially someone who you adored, loved and cherished, you thought you'd die with now that you got old with them. Garnet, I tried so hard to believe, but I was falling apart. I had to, or I would have just been lost. I love you all, but I had to, just in case the day I dreaded came true, and you were all dead." she looked at her daughter, she was practically staring through her. "A lot is going on though. You wouldn't understand, I don't even understand at this very moment. Please forgive me...please I just... when I figure everything out, you'll be the first to know, okay? I love you so much, and the last thing I want ot do is hurt you, my own child... you children are my everything the only thing I really have left." of course she had Skoll, but she had yet to spill the beans about him to anyone, because if that came about and she told the truth, who knows what could happen to her.

[/html]
Garnet really felt bad now for yelling at her mother, but she couldn’t take it back so there wasn’t all that much point in worrying about it. The black coyote shifted her feet as her mother spoke with just as much fire as Garnet had only moments before. But Asphyxia was right; she didn’t know what it was like to care about someone that much. She didn’t know what it was like to think that everyone she had loved was dead, because Garnet had never once thought that her mother might have died in the fire. And, until this very moment, she hadn’t thought that her dad could be dead either. It now struck her that it was possible that he was dead. And then Garnet realized why Asphyxia might have believed that; it would have been less painful than to think that he might still be alive, but with someone else.

Garnet moved closer to her mother as she begged forgiveness. She never thought that she would hear her mother talk like this, but she was now. And Garnet was somewhat older now, almost to her shifting age, and she was just starting to grow out of being a puppy. In fact, it seemed as though she had grown up since she had first spotted her mother. ”Mom, you don’t need to be forgiven, but if you want to hear those words, then of course I forgive you. I’m sorry I yelled, I really shouldn’t have. And you are right, I don’t understand completely, but I can try to.” Garnet moved forward and then hesitated for a moment before nuzzling her mother. Hopefully, the physical contact would help more than words could.
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at her daughter, so much more of a youthful looking mirror image of herself. "You don't need to apologize either. Later, I'll try to make you understand, but for right now... we'll just have to forget about it. And right now, I need to call Gabriel so he can tell us if you're allowed to stay or not." she nuzzled her daughter before she backed up away from Garnet and let out a long, deep howl that was sure to go across the Inferni lands to the leader. "Now, before he comes, I'm going to give you the heads up that he's your brother in-law. Faolin's mate, you'll meet your niece and nephew at some point." she looked around, waiting for his arrival.

[/html]
[html]

-Shifty eyes.- Garnet's on now so I'll just get to this. XD

Any little thing was enough to light fire beneath his feet and send him running--into the inferno, as it were, and not away from it. The call had not sounded alarmist, but Anselm was taking no chances. Besides, could these sprints not count as part of his daily exercise? Bingo--he just loved to kill two birds with one stone.
Within minutes he was there, panting heavily although he had it controlled within moments. Quickly he assessed the situation. There were two Asphyxias waiting for him. Wait, what? One was decidedly younger, but the resemblance was uncanny. The golden hybrid simply flashed a toothy grin to the youngest member of the mini congregation, and then turned his attention to the matron.
"It seems that at least another member of your family has made it here?" he asked easily, before stopping to take a seat. He hadn't seen Asphyxia since he'd first met her, really, but he certainly hadn't forgotten. Inwardly, he was a little glad that things were coming together for her--she had certainly seemed like she needed it. "Here to stay?" he inquired of the young female.
[/html]
[html]

The young coyote smiled at her mother, and nodded slightly as she finished her statements. She really wanted to know what was up with her mother, but it seemed that she would have to wait. Garnet didn’t really like waiting. She huffed as her mother got her a bit caught up on Gabriel. It had been a while, a few months, so her memory of them was a bit faded. Though Garnet wouldn’t openly admit that she had forgotten them, they had become faces without names for the most part.

Quiet suddenly, another coyote appeared. He was panting heavily, and had obviously run the entire distance. Garnet looked him up and down; it was apparent that he wasn’t Gabriel, but she couldn’t think of a name for him. ’Ah well.’ As the male sat down and addressed her, she nodded. ”Hopefully.”

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia smiled back at her daughter and looked at Anselm, "Anselm, this is one of my youngest daughters, Garnet Massacre, Garnet... this is Anselm de le Poer." she greeted the two and looked back at Anselm after her daughter said hopefully, "If it's alright, Midnight should be strolling around here...hopefully. However, I'm not to sure about Naloxone." she nodded after she finished her statement and waited to hear what Anselm had to say.

The black female was so happy that her family was finally coming around, that none of them were really separated anymore except for Midnight and Naloxone. Although, Garnet said that Midnight should be coming around soon and Naloxone... he was the only one they weren't one-hundred percent about yet. Hopefully he'd come around, even though she was already 'over' him, she'd still like to see him, and she'd still love her children to have their father... it was just the proper way to make them happy.

[/html]
[html]

--

For a moment he was struck by how silly all of this was--these kids were her family, and they were obviously welcome here. Just as Gabriel's family would always be welcome (with the exception of that Andre kid), so would Asphyxia's. Even when they got separated or left for a time, at least some of the children always seemed to come back. It was a fascinating phenomenon, really.
He nodded to the both of them. "Of course you can stay here, Garnet. Asphyxia, just let myself or Gabriel know when anyone else shows up," he said. Well, that was simple enough. He was slightly relieved, though, after his encounter with Lorri. He still wasn't quite sure what was up with her.
Shrugging, he stretched slightly as he rose to his feet. Was there anything else? Doubtful, or else they would have said something. Either way, they probably had some catching up to do and he didn't want to intrude. "Take care," he bade them, then loped off into the distance. Might as well do some rounds.
[/html]
[html]

Garnet nodded her head respectfully to Anselm as her mother made the introductions. The black female listened to her mother, surprised to hear her sound so optimistic. Garnet really didn’t know whether to think that her father was coming back or not anymore, not after she had heard what Asphyxia said. To say the least, her hopes had been slightly dampened. Hopefully her sister would come around the borders and join, hopefully something horrible hadn’t happened to her. Since it had really been Garnet that did the wandering off, she didn’t know if she could forgive herself if something had happened to her sister.

”Thank-you, sir.” She replied as Anselm approved her staying. The chances were that just because she was Asphyxia’s daughter he would have let her join anyway, but still. Garnet let her tail ‘wag’ slowly as he trotted off and left the mother and daughter alone again. ’Well that didn’t take long.’ Suddenly, the youngling realized how tired she was. In reality, she had been trying to re-join her sister for hours, and Garnet found it hard to resist the urge to yawn.

[/html]
[html]
we'll end this now so we can continue our other thread. (= and slight power play I know. xD but I wanted to end this one because I is so busy with all other threads. >.>

Asphyxia nodded as Anselm walked off. She looked at her daughter and smiled, she was finally home. However hearing her yawn, she laughed. "I take it you need some sleep. Follow me and you can rest where I usually sleep. It's really breezy but sunny, it's...simply the best place ever." she smiled and nodded as she and Garnet walked to Occasus Promontorium.

Asphyxia was happy that her daughter was finally staying, she hoped it wouldn't be long till the rest of her family came, which was only really Midnight and Naloxone. However, she still had the feeling no matter what that Naloxone wasn't coming back. Seeing Garnet there though made her feel only slightly different about her thoughts, a little more optimistic.

[/html]