blend our colors with all the others
[html]<style type="text/css">
.nireetablechels strong {color:#ccbca3;}
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

Asanotohl had risen early this morning, her mind on the beach. It wasn’t raining today, however cloudy it was, giving her a simple mentality that finding seashells today would be much easier than any of the past few days she had wandered out to the beaches and bays just beyond her home. Before leaving, Asa had decided to wake up Laurel and drag him along; so with her lime green bandanna with white polka dots tied loosely around her neck, she skipped over to Laurel’s living quarters and made a racket until he came out to join her.

The two Hollow wolves ventured to Shattered Coast, Asa rummaging among the rocks and crags for shiny seashells while her shifted partner more or less watched, possibly a little perturbed about this small journey she’d begged him to come upon; but Asa wasn’t paying enough attention to him to notice any expression he may have been giving her… it could’ve even been amusement at this point, seeing as she was childishly balancing on a rock edge, pretending as if she were going to fall over any second.

But she paused in her antics, if for only a second, as her bi-colored eyes noticed a rocky path leading out into a wide opening in the cliff-face. A cave. Asa slipped down from the rocks, heading towards the small path before pausing and turning for Laurel. Hey… there’s a cave opening over here! The low tide made a path visible. D’you know where it leads to? she called to him, turning again to face the cave opening and fidget with her bandanna slightly.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He hadn't really wanted to leave with Jasper being sick, but Ahren was still watching over him, which ultimately relieved him on a certain level. The blonde man's threat had still hung heavy on his mind, especially when it boiled down to the fact that Laurel didn't know what it was that Jasper had picked up. More importantly, he didn't even know if it was something that would be spread amongst themselves or if some of them would be immune to it. But Asanotohl had drug him out anyway and once they were well away from the forest and with the cool ocean air in his face, it turned out to be the very thing that he needed.

He tried his best not to let the things back home bother him and watched Asa rummage quietly, amused with the child-like fashion that she seemed to act in. It was nice to have that carefree sense floating about and it gave him an optimism that was desperately needed for Jasper's sake. He had just started to space out a little bit when her voice caught his attention; his olive-tinted eyes flicked to the small path she had started down and he walked down to where she was. “I've no idea where it goes, but… you wanna go check it out? Might be something interesting in there.”

[/html]
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

Asa stared into the cave at his words, suddenly feeling some cold, icy hand grip her beating heart and squeeze slightly. I… she choked, unsure how to address the way she felt. She looked away from the darkness, up into Laurel’s soft, green eyes. I think… I’m afraid? It came out more questioning than she had meant, but then again, fear was apparently something that she was slightly unused to. She entwined her fingers together, fidgeting slightly. She felt fairly embarrassed to admit something like that, knowing what it was despite not knowing whether or not she had felt it before. The dark is just… creepy, she shivered, releasing her own hand to rub the back of her neck nervously; her other arm falling limply at her side.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

If it weren't for the fact that she had a genuine way of acting, he may have been convinced that the sudden bubble of fear in her wasn't just a ploy to stick close to him. Wouldn't have been the first time (and not the last) but he still smiled all the same. A dark cave did have a creepy factor, especially when he hadn't noticed it the last time he had been out roughly the same area. He had been focused on fishing, but it seemed like the water had receded since then. “Well, it's just a cave and if we came back later when the sun might shine in there more, the tide'll be back,” he said, not really suggesting that they didn't have to go in there. His interest was peaked… he wanted to go in there and look. “Besides, I'm here, right? You don't think I'd let something in there reach out in the dark and grab us without a fight, do you?”

[/html]
</style>

Laurel seemed pretty interested in what was beyond the cave entrance, but Asanotohl’s fear made her hesitant and completely unsure. She stared at him a long moment, frowning in slight skepticism, but it faded and she sighed, slumping over slightly. Alright, fine. Besides, it was the least she could do, seeing as he often accompanied her on her bogus journeys. Why not join him on something that could potentially be exciting. But if I’m kidnapped or something, I’m holding you accountable to come rescue me… She smirked slightly, before waving her hands in a gesture for him to take the lead.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]

He laughed and ventured into the cave with her close behind him. At first he couldn't see anything, but the further in they wandered, the more the light seemed to pan out as his eyes adjusted to the dark. Aside from a few shafts of light that fell from pinhole places in the ceiling (no doubt from the rocks above them), Laurel didn't see anything that great. Other than the pool of water they had started to walk through and it's glowing taint, he was about to announce that this cave didn't have anything interesting at all when something caught his sight. In caves, rocks and water were common… but wood? His olive-coloured eyes traced the grain upwards, only to find a figurehead that nearly blended in with the very stones itself.

“Hey, maybe this is the ship you rode in on,” he said to Asanotohl, unable to avoid the urge to tease her. Drawing in closer to the washed up ship, he studied the build and the wood, wondering if it was sturdy enough to be climbed abroad. More importantly… just how would they even get onto that thing? Laurel had really never been on a ship before, which was definitely a lot bigger than a boat. “I wonder what kind of stuff's inside,” and for once he wished that Nikita and her knife would have been along, just so if all else failed maybe they could hack out a side of the boat to go in and look around.

[/html]
Late?! NO WAY! |:

</style>

Asa moved close behind Laurel, mis-matched eyes wandering back and forth warily; yet fear had soon been overtaken by interest, and even though she did not wander from her Leader, her tense body had relaxed and every now and again she would reach out to graze her fingers across the glistening stones in the walls. She had been gazing with intense want at a pretty shell a few feet away, when she noticed Laurel had stopped. Her unmarked ear gave a vague twitch, and she looked up as he spoke, eyes gracing the wilted wood of an old ship. Oh, you’re funny… she growled sarcastically, prodding him with a finger playfully.

She abandoned her shell-pursuit and straightened up beside Laurel, looking up at towering monument. She moved closer, even closer than he had, and brushed her hands along the surface of the wood. With her fear forgotten, his words drew a ton of wonder into the easily impressionable mind of Asa; well, let’s go see! and she gripped the wood suddenly, which was surprisingly sturdy despite a lot of which had rotted away. She pulled herself agilely upwards, grappling between rotted boards and lightly scaling the ship-side.

Of course, with the accident-prone Asanotohl, it was only fated that she should fall in; so as she grabbed a particularly unsteady board and heaved, it broke, and she slipped into the belly of the ship with no more than a startled yelp. Dust swirled from the small caving she had made, and there was a quiet scuffling from inside; then it was quiet for a long moment. Laurel? Asa called uncertainly. She was sitting on some sort of deck, looking up at the place she had fallen in. She looked around slowly, blinking away the dust. Tattered cots were lined up all through this large room, which would have been cramped provided every single cot had once held a person. Words failed Asa suddenly, and she could only find the will to sit and wonder what it all meant.

table by chels
[/html]
I wondered where you went. XD
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He scaled up the side of the ship behind her, finding that the warped boards provided decent places for footholds and handholds, but he didn't expect the wood to give so far up the side of the ship. Asanotohl disappeared above him, and by the time he had climbed up to where she had disappeared and peered in through the darkness, the dust was slowly settling. “You okay?” She seemed like it, but he wasn't really one to tell those things at first glance. Hoisting himself into the ship, he slid down along the curved wall (and silently hoped it would give in the process) and stepped over to where she was.

“Looks like we're in the room where folks slept,” he murmured, offering a hand to pull her up. The one body that remained was nothing more than a skeleton, which Laurel noted was still curled into a sleeping position. “But either way, at least we're on the boat. We should probably get to looking around before it gets too much later, I have no idea when the tide's supposed to roll back in.” Scientific things were generally lost on him anyway.

[/html]
I WAS KIDNAPPED BY MUTANTS MY FRIENDS xDD

</style>

Yeah, she replied sullenly, looking up as he arrived at her side. She got to her feet again (with his assistance) and dusted herself off mutely as Laurel spoke again. She looked up, eyes widening slightly at the sight of the skeleton. A shiver convulsed along her spine, but she said nothing on the matter, merely taking him up on his offer. I suppose I’ll go first, she grinned, walking carefully past him to the only door of the room. I can obviously take a fall.

The door opened with a little less than a push, creaking and tilting weakly on its hinges. Asa moved forward slowly, lightly, afraid of falling again, but not afraid enough to keep her from going forward. You think we’ll find some treasure? This looks like a pirate ship I saw in a book the other day, she noted, peering through a hole in one of the walls and spying upon a skeleton-filled holding cell. Asa held her breath quietly and moved from that hole, following the narrow hallway which lead to some stairs.

table by chels
[/html]
OHNOES, TEH EVILZ.
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The room beyond the one they had ended up in was just as dusty and just as full of waterlogged things of the past. Even the floors felt a little damp underneath his feet, so there was a little doubt in his mind that the ship was rotting slowly but surely. “I don't know if we'll find any treasure, but I guess that depends on what you define as treasure,” he murmured as he wiped a little grime off of a mirror with his hand. Such a shame in a sense, that all of that antique furniture was going to waste. The stairs caught his eye next and as they wandered down the corridor and he started up them slowly, peering through the dimly lit ship.

“The more interesting stuff is probably up here, the lower down in the ship we are the more chance we have of finding nothing more than bodies,” and frankly, he didn't want to look at them any more than he had to. They didn't have anything interesting about them than some bones to chew on. The upper floor appeared to be some sort of map room, though most of the contents within it had been rummaged through and the maps once spread on the large table were faded and ruined. “What else did that book tell you about pirate ships?” he decided to ask, wondering if there was some place or something they should have been looking for.

[/html]