These Lands Unknown
[html]
OOC: Sorry for the crappeh post. Tongue Also, I'm sorry for his pathetic state of being. Haha.||+000

Moss was lost in this giant place. Where was he to go? To be honest, he was tired of wandering about without a place to call home. The thrill of traveling had ended once he got off the ship from Scotland and landed here. It was all fun and games when he first step foot in 'Souls thinking he would find a home within the first week of being here but things didn't work out as planned. He looked rugged and thin, Eilam bugged him at every hour of every day for him to get himself something to eat. He just didn't have it in him. Although it didn't show on his face or the way he held himself, he was tired and his high spirits were fading. Moss was always one to be patient and understanding but when it came to his own flaws and problems he had trouble handling it. So, he buried himself in helping others. But, nobody had come to him for help. He had run into a few passer-by's but all of them were traders that were aware of the land and needed no help from him. So, he let himself go and if it kept up for much longer he wouldn't be more than fur and bones.

The scents from many different packs had led him all across the landscape and still he hadn't found a home. He wasn't one to show up at a pack's doorstep and beg them to take him in without knowing what kind of people were in the pack. He had dealt with bad personalities and distrust for far too long and was ready to be surrounded by people who would care for him. But, it was going to take him and his patience was wearing thin.

The rusty colored wolf sat high in a tree with a flask in his hand. He didn't drink often, but when he did drink he usually drown himself in the substance. Lucky for whoever stumbled upon him he had just started sipping from the metallic container and was only slightly effected by the magical liquid. A large leg swung back and forth, dangling from the branch he had chose to sit on. He hummed random melodies to himself trying to forget all that had happened. Anyone who knew him well enough would know that he wasn't acting like himself. Being alone put him in a desperate and pathetic state of mind. "Aaaaaaaand the sun shines down on meeee, aaaaaaaaaand the seas are so greeeeeeeeen. Oy!" The hums were loud and enthusiastic, a wide smile spread across his dark lips. A deceiving portrayal of how he actually felt. Eilam dare not show his face when he was in this state and had chose to stay away. If Moss didn't put down the flask soon, he would be bent over a bush puking his guts out.

<style type="text/css">
.mossyrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#87cd2a;}
.mossyrock p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mossyrock p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.mossyrock p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.mossyrock {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#101108; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ttdQc.png);
background-position: center bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #487f10; padding: 25px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; text-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 263 OOC: Lol I don't know why Eclipse hasn't been to halifax, at least I don't think she has hahaha. she is in optime form, has a purple scarf to hold up her hair, and a bow and quiver slung over her shoulders Smile

Eclipse was making her way to the city. She had heard of it many times and couldn’t even remember if she ever went there before. She knew the way, most wolves did. It wasn’t so hard to find it either as the buildings were taller than the trees themselves. She had been to a few cities even visited Amherst when she left, but it was only to pass through. She had ideas of what she wanted and moved with a purpose.

But like most young wolves Eclipse was distracted easily and before coming too close to the city she heard singing from above her. It couldn’t have been a bird could it? She didn’t understand them and this was high speech. Eclipse looked up and saw a strange colored man sitting in the tree drinking from a flask. The female’s ears perked up and tail started to wag. She made a yipping noise to let him know she was there. Her mood much better than before she waved to him and had a smile.

“Hello stranger.”

She was not too afraid of many of the strangers. Her feelings told her who she should move away from and who to approach. Her feelings on this man were to approach and be nice. She wasn’t a mean wolf, so it was good enough for her. She waited for his reaction, hoping she wouldn’t scare the poor man. A fall from that height wouldn’t do good for the poor man. She didn’t know how to heal other than small cuts.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
OOC: All Moss has on is pair of worn jeans, he also has a bow and quiver strapped to his back. Also, he looks like a mess. :o ||+000

The solemn wolf-dog continued to sing into the trees enthusiastically. Though, his eyes were getting heavy and he felt like he wanted to pass out. Sips were taken regularly and he was no longer in a reasonable state of mind. Finally, he gave into the heaviness in his eyes and let them close the muffled sounds of the forest lulling him into a pleasant dream. Only a few minutes later, a loud female yelp entered his dreams and surprised him out of it. He gave his own yell and teetered on the branch coming to flop off of it. Before he fell, he latched on to the branch and hung there for a moment looking down with sleepy eyes at the tan woman. She was so beautiful, he must still be dreaming. A dopey smile spread across his face and he let himself fall down to the ground landing flat on his ass. The flask landed next to him, the rest of the toxic liquid spilling into the forest floor. Good thing trees couldn't get drunk and good riddance. Anymore, and things would get ugly in front of his new company.

With the dorky smile still splayed across his face, he took a deep breath and let his head tilt to one side still thinking he was in the midst of a very good dream. The world seemed to spin slightly around him adding onto this belief. Hello there lovely. Finally he came to stand at full height. He towered over the dainty woman looking down and staring into her mesmerizing eyes. Taking a clumsy step forward he reached out a hand offering it in a handshake. What are you doing here? I usually don't dream such beautiful women. Lucky me. Moss would be lucky if the woman didn't dart away frightened by his straightforward words. He generally wasn't like this but under the influence he became a ladies man and his Scottish accent grew thicker, though still understandable aside from the slurs the alcohol presented him with. He couldn't pull his mismatched eyes away from her. The tan babe's tail swayed gently telling him she was happy to see him even though he had never seen her before. But, he was happy to see her too. Any company was welcome especially company from one as lovely as herself.

<style type="text/css">
.mossyrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#87cd2a;}
.mossyrock p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mossyrock p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.mossyrock p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.mossyrock {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#101108; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ttdQc.png);
background-position: center bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #487f10; padding: 25px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; text-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 368 :: OOC: poor drunken moss this iwll make for an interesting thread haha

Eclipse was absolutely surprised at the man’s actions as he fell off the tree, caught himself, and then let himself fall again. She actually jumped back and held her hand to her mouth. She wasn’t sure if she was going to regret what she just did by greeting the man but she stayed calm it would be far too rude to just leave now. She had seen the effects of alcohol though and knew what had been in the flask. She wondered why he had been drinking but decided against asking.

When he stood she had to look up, as usual and he walked toward her, his voice had the accent of one from across the ocean, and though he was intimidating his actions were not. She took his hand’s offer and shook it, knowing this was a custom to many other wolves. One she didn’t normally practice on her own. Before continuing though she put her hands together in a small bow and said “Namaste” automatically, which was the ichikan’s greetings. Blushing after not having used that in so long it still felt natural and kind. She smiled at his last words. The poor man thought he was dreaming.

“I am afraid this is real, I was headed on my way to Halifax and I... I uh heard you singing. My name is Eclipse Soulstorm by the way.”

She said wondering if he would remember this day after he sobered a bit. Whatever the case she knew that the actions of a drunken wolf was erratic and irrational and she would have to keep an eye on the man just in case he tried to do something foolish. She did not miss the bow on his back either and her eyes widened and she smiled.

“A fellow Archer?”

She asked but then covered her mouth. She knew it would be a bad idea for the man to remember he had lethal weapons on his back while he was drunk. Anything could happen and as much as she would want to compete with the man she knew it would be best to do it when sober.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

Definitely. Especially since he doesn't usually drink, just got a hold of the stuff. >.<

The dream woman got cuter and cuter every moment. The concern she showed for him when he fell, even though he didn't feel anything, brought a bright smile onto his face. His chipped canine coming to show when he did so. What a goof. Moss hadn't even noticed that the rest of the alcohol he had had spilled but at this point all his attention was on the woman and he didn't even care. Why was he drinking that stupid liquid in the first place? That certainly wasn't something Moss would normally do.

The brown lady took his hand and he gripped it tightly, though not too tight for it'd probably hurt her. He wasn't out to hurt beautiful woman and if he wasn't drunk he'd probably be tripping over himself trying to find ways to impress her. The strange greeting brought a smile onto his brought muzzle, though he'd never heard the word before he already knew the meaning. A greeting was all it was and he tilted his head in acceptance of her rather formal greeting. Foolishly he returned the same words. Namaste to you too. Moss hadn't noticed, but Eilam was watching from far off from behind some brush. Though, who knew if the woman could even see him. The translucent figure was shaking his head in embarrassment for Moss. If he hadn't picked up that flask maybe he would have had a shot with the stranger. But unfortunately that was not the case and he was being incredibly foolish.

Wide eyes followed her statement that this was indeed real. Mismatched eyes looked around and he spotted Eilam who shook his head and sighed turning to walk away. His eyes hung there for a moment before turning back tot he woman, completely and utterly embarrassed now. A large hand came up smother his face in a desperate attempt to snap himself out of this drunken state, though it was in vein. Ya say I'm not dreaming? Then there truly is a beautiful woman standing before me and I've gone and made a complete fool of myself, and you heard that horrible singing. Moss took a gentlemanly bow not straightening himself until after he spoke. I apologize Miss Eclipse Soulstorm He raised with a tender smile on his lips. I'm Moss Dovereaux, not from around here.

Eclipses eyes shifted to his bow and arrow which he'd completely forgotten about. His own eyes looked over his shoulder to see the bow hanging there. Oh this? It makes for an easy way to catch prey. I'm not very skilled with it. His accent was still heavy and he was slurring a bit but at least he could speak properly. He hadn't gotten completely plastered off of the vile liquid, Eclipse had stumbled on him just in time to stop him from a horrible mistake. Even so, he wasn't thinking clearly. It wasn't until now that Moss noticed the woman had a bow and quiver resting on her own back, he gave a stupid chuckle. Are you fond of Archery? By now, he was using any means of striking a conversation with her. Certainly she wanted to walk in the other direction and forget about him completely...he was a sad drunken fool after all.

<style type="text/css">
.mysticmoss b {font-weight:bold; color:#95c7ce; letter-spacing:1px; }
.mysticmoss .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.mysticmoss p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.mysticmoss {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#02171c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2gEGr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b6980; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 438 :: OOC: His drunkedness has her intrigued lol

Oh the poor man was drunk and she could tell. The headache he was going to recieve when he woke again from his stupor. Someone under the influence alway did something different from another, she’d seen a happy drunk, a sad drunk, and angry drunks in taverns a good few miles from where they were. His display was different state... a dream drunk. She almost laughed at that prospect. When she told him this was all reality he had turned his head to look at a bush she too looked but saw nothing of importance there. She blinked a little before tilting her head. Though the curiousity was gone when he spoke and she shook her head.

“I think the alcohol is deceiving your your perceptions.”

Eclipse said. Of course she had been called beautiful before, but that didn’t matter to her, she wasn’t all THAT pretty. She saw many women who were beautiful that she idled. Her aunt for one and Lilin. Even Skye was far prettier than Eclipse. She wouldn’t say this though it wasn’t as though she ahd to try to give out any kind of competition.

“You sing far better than me, trust me! I have the voice of an old man who caught sea water in his throat,”

She said teasingly, though it was absolutely true. Eclipse was completely tone deaf. Of course the change in subject straight to archery was all very much welcomed. She smiled as she fingered the string on her own bow to show him that she too used one, though she said nothing. She would let him discover this little bit on his own even if it took his drunken mind a while. Her smiled broadened when he noticed her bow and she nodded.

“Yes, I love shooting. It’s easier to get prey, though I can and do hunt by the normal means, but I can at least say I’m a fair shot with a bow.”

She said, she had a promise to meet Frodo to go shooting with him and to see how his bow worked and she was curious about this man’s. She knew each bow was different. With different wood it would be more flexible or more sturdy, or stiffer, or even breakable. Hers was made out fine enough wood that she can shoot at least thirty yards and hit a target with ease. She knew there were heavier bows that had a better draw and could shoot fifty or even a hundred yards but she had yet to find that bow.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Moss couldn't help but laugh heartily when she put the alcohol at fault of his opinion of her. She was obviously the one who's perception was being deceived. Oh, the drunken state of mind was making him very foolish. He wanted to show her just how beautiful she really was, but at least he knew to hold himself back. Instead he grinned back at her, tail swaying happily behind him as he spoke. Oh I don't think so. You clearly haven't seen yourself. Pretty in every aspect, you can trust me on that one. I may have thought I was dreaming, but my eyes don't lie. Maybe that was a little overboard. He was so desperate to flatter the woman he would say anything. But, he was telling the truth when he said she was beautiful.

Everything she said brought a laugh to him. She thought he sung better?! Well he would have to hear her in order to believe that one. Moss was pretty sure his singing was comparable to seven old men with sea water in their throat and a bad cold. Either way he let her win that one. Oh thank you. You should hear me when I haven't been drinking! He joked, trying to make the young woman laugh. He was probably making a bigger fool of himself with every word that escaped his maw, but he honestly thought he was being charming. Except for thinking she was a dream. That truly was a foolish notion.

Moss could tell from the moment he asked the question that she loved archery. Her face lit up like a forest fire and when she spoke her words were full of joy. Oops. He was definitely out of his league on this one. The bow he had he'd simply found and really had no clue what kind of wood it was made out of or anything of the sort. All he knew is that it shot far and killed prey accurately which was very important to him. Nothing could be killed in anything less than an instant or he would be making the creature suffer and that was something he wouldn't let happen. Moss gave an awkward grin and raised his hand to feel the bow on his back. Sometimes, he even forgot it was there. Wow, it sounds like you really know your stuff when it comes to the bow and arrow. I would love to see you shoot, to compare techniques. I'm fairly sure you would blow me away. He was underestimating himself. The giant might not know much about the bow itself, but he knew how to use it well. Modest as always.

<style type="text/css">
.mysticmoss .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.mysticmoss {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#02171c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2gEGr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b6980; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 308 OOC: Hehe she is such an open challanger >Big Grin

Eclipse wasn’t going to make it into an argument and just rolled her eyes as he did try to argue it, well in a way. She just kept her mouth shut but she had the look of disbelief on her face. Though her mood lightened a little when he thanked her. She knew her own singing, it was why she didn’t sing in the first place.

“I would like to hear that someday.”

She said smiling a little and her tail began to wave back and forth again. His voice wasn’t that terrible to her, though she really didn’t hear anyone sing much these days even in her pack of performers and traders. She grinned as he spoke of her interest in archery and she nodded her tail moving just a bit faster to this.

“Yes I love the hunt, and the bow helps me so much. I actually am not too bad of an archer, but I am not the best, my friend Frodo he is very skilled.”

She said, she wanted to show the man her skills but that would be an open invitation that he would get to take his out and shoot and she wasn’t sure how good of an idea that was. She put her finger up to her muzzle thinking and smiled.

“Perhaps when you are sober again you can come to Cercatori d’ Arte and we can see how we do against each other.”

She offered. He didn’t seem to have a pack smell on him, so she figured he could at least easily find her and they could have a contest of skills. She wanted some competition and it seemed there were many who could use the bow and arrow, so why not learn and challange them?

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Miss Eclipse was becoming cuter and cuter to Moss with each little move she made. She obviously didn't see just how beautiful she was, or was blind. The orange giant held back a chuckle when she rolled her eyes. A part of him was saddened by the fact that she tried to downplay her beauty. Did she honestly not think she was pretty? Oh, what he would do to make her see. His drunken mind had him playing scenes in her head of all the small or big gestures he would do to make her realize. Such a hopeless romantic he was.

A small chuckle escaped him when she said he wanted to hear his singing. He was joking when he said it would be better. What she had heard, was about all she was going to get aside form a little less slurring. Although, his voice wasn't all that terrible either and he would be willing to sing for her. Then maybe you will. Although, he generally didn't sing in public or to anyone for that matter. The attention was always drawn to someone else, Moss being a much more laid back and at ease kind of guy.

The dopey smile returned to him when he saw just how much she loved archery. He picked up every subtle movement she made to show her joy for the skill. Now, he wished he knew a bit more about the large bow that mounted his back just so they'd have some more conversation. He didn't notice the mention of this "Frodo" person only caring about what she had to say about herself. Nothing was said in return at this point. He was much to focused on her and had forgotten that he had a voice. Moss searched around for the flask that he'd been drinking from and finally found it laying on the ground. Much to his dismay it was empty when he went to pick it up. A sigh escaped him and his drunken mind quickly switched back to the beautiful lady that had found and saved him.

Moss nodded his head to that idea, tail picking up some more behind him. An invitation to come to her pack and show him her skills. He wasn't all to confident in them but it would mean he would see her again. Yes! That's a great idea. I'm sure you would beat me with ease, but it might be fun. Maybe you could even teach me a few things. Moss eyed the bow and quiver on her back, maybe he could show her now. He took a few steps towards her, keeping his hands at his side, he smiled nudging towards the bow and arrow which she seemed to fond of. Maybe you could shoot a few arrows and give me an idea of what I'm up against. Hm? If only he hadn't been drinking. His mind was blurred, unsure of what he was doing. Random ideas popped into his head at every moment and he never once hesitated to state them. Alcohol was such a strange substance. Mismatched eyes gleamed with curiosity for the woman, would she show him?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 369 OOC: who would like a lil squirrel? Big Grin

She smiled shyly at his acceptance to sing again while sober. She just meant it as a passing comment though perhaps he was too and she made to compose herself. He seemed to enjoy that she enjoyed talking about archery, or that’s how it seemed and the only other thing she loved more was cooking. Smiling a little she shrugged.

“It is an art I picked up from a friend I met down south a while ago. I have perfected, or tried to perfect it ever since. I am not too bad of a shot really. But you sir should give yourself some credit! I am sure you are a fine archer yourself.”

Unwittingly she was flirting, letting her own guard down, perhaps because it was just the subject, or something else, whatever the case he was coming closer and asked her to to show him the idea of his competition. She smiled and pulled the bow from her shoulders. Then looked to see where she could find a target. And there it was in the tree. Waiting for a picking. The squirrel wouldn’t know what hit it. She knocked aimed and loosed, all in quick sucession, and her aim was true, though she wanted the head, she still got it in the neck and it fell down. She looked at Moss her eyes raised.

“Well I think that was a little too perfect for me... I don’t always hit so straight.”

She said, it did make her look like she was born with the bow in her paws, which of course she hadn’t. She was eight months old when she learned about bows and arrows, and the sport she could do with them as well as hunt. It was an amazing tool. She wasn’t going to let the squirrel rot though, she would split it with the man, perhaps give him

“Well I suppose we can share a bit of this? Do you like your food cooked?”

She asked raising her eyebrows at the man before moving to the animal and holding it up by the tail. It was still warm, but most assuredly dead.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

The alcohol still had Moss in it's grasps. The world seemed to lightly spin around him as his mind roamed to whatever thought suited the moment. Eclipse was among these thoughts. The silly man pictured her, with him, happy. Although, it was only his drunk mind making him think such things he couldn't help but wear a dorky smile as he continued to think of her. His dream woman. Her lovely voice picked up again and he focused on her, the smile being hidden under the interest he held for her. Oh, I highly doubt that. I was given some brief lesson by one of the sailors on the ship that brought me here. The rest, I had to teach myself and practice hard. I'm sure you are just as god as you say. She'd probably be blown away at his skill, but of course he wouldn't give himself any of the credit. To Moss, anything less than a perfect shot in his hands was unacceptable. But, that's just the way he saw things when it came to killing prey.

Eclipse quickly accepted by taking out her bow. Curious eyes watched as she raised it to knock an arrow with ease. The shot brought a clap from him and a hearty laugh. That was great! I will have to be wary when we go head to head. You're certainly going to be a challenge. At the mention of food his stomach gurgled. He hadn't ate today, nor much the day before. In fact, he had been neglecting to feed himself ever since stepping foot in 'Souls.

A large hand came to rest on his stomach. Cooked food was something else. He'd never had until he sailed over here and loved it. Cooking it brought out the flavors and he knew other flavors could be added to enhance the meal. I love cooked food. You cook? I usually just eat my catch raw but it's even better when it's cooked, though I can't cook myself. His tail was swishing happily behind him at the thought of food. Maybe he should catch something as well. Are you hungry? I could catch us some more to eat. In fact, I'd be happy to. His hand raised for his bow, though he waited for her answer before he grabbed it off his back. Shooting probably wasn't such a good idea right now but the thought of impressing this young woman made his heart soar.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 636 OOC: Replies are getting longer and longer :O

His explanation was exactly like hers except she was on dry land rather than a moving ship and she couldn’t help but smile at the memory of the young man who traveled with her south, though it was brief as he was going further and she grew homesick. They parted on good terms but she missed his company the whole way up.

“You and I are much alike then. Practice is what makes a good archer it feeds us in a way.”

She said. She handled the squirrel delicately, as though she would wake an angry spirit. She was glad he took pride in her own word and she beamed at his flirtatious compliment. Little did the young woman know this motion was probably goading a the man on even in his drunken state. She couldn’t help but giggle a little as his stomach rumbled audibly in hopes to get a bite to eat and soon.

“Yes I cook, I may not be the best cook, but it has been a passion of mine since I was a pup. I think I started out with mud pies though... mind you the kind of pies I make now are far more tastier.”

She said a slight wink. Something she saw a few do. At his offer of catching food she raised her eyebrows and shook her head.

“I am not so sure that is a good idea, you aren’t yourself as I can tell, so maybe I’ll scare something up.”

Of course it being summer the source of food was scarce and tended to be hard to find, but she thought, not impossible. She cleaned the tip of the arrow that caught the squirrel and checked it to see it still had another shot in it and put the squirrel next to the man’s feet. If cooked right it tasted just like any other meat really, and they were a delicacy as they tended to live in the trees and were quite skittish.

“I hope you can manage a fire perhaps?”

She wasn’t sure how drunk he was or if she should have asked that, perhaps he would try to light it and fail, or he would possibly light a fire and it not be on the wood but himself, and she cringed at that last thought, but she moved deeper into the woods hoping it was the first thought. It would occupy him as she moved to see what she could find in the growth just outside of halifax. In fact there was quite a few things, shooting them on the other hand was the difficult part. She did not have to move too far away really as there were plenty of small animals around and a groundhog, just coming from under ground to hunt its own meal came fumbling out of its home was caught by surprise and Eclipse was sure they had a few good animals to eat now and moved back towards Moss seeing some fresh greens she could use to spice up their meal. The bag at her side also had dried herbs and stuff that would help her with cooking, especially a flat pan though she rather cover them in those thick leaves that didn’t burn, but she could not find them and she would have to use her own “portable” stove she had procured in Ichika in which she could not leave behind as it was very useful, if not bulky. It was what made her bag feel the heaviest but these days it felt like nothing to her as she handled it well enough. That was a thought for the situation over where Moss was, and she hoped he didn’t hurt himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Moss payed attention to every small movement she made, he was observant like that. Her smile was beautiful and made his own dopey smile grow. The chip on his left tooth visible whenever he pealed his lips back to show his pearly whites, he didn't care. He felt a tinge of happiness when she said they were alike. He agreed on this value. Nobody could become good at archery unless they practiced and practiced. His appreciation had grown for her when she killed the squirrel in a single shot, but it grew even more by how she handled the creature. Spirits were very much real and to be respected. It was then that his mismatched eyes looked around to find Eilam. He was there, off in the distance and barely visible, but there. He had a smile on his lips happy to see that his friend had found some company knowing that Moss didn't deal well with loneliness.

Moss's eyes quickly found Eclipse again not wanting her to look and find the dark colored spirit. He alerted a lot of people who had never seen a spirit and Moss didn't want to scare away this lovely woman. Her giggle caused his own deep chuckle to arise. Her laugh was infectious. I'm sure your cooking is far better than you give yourself credit for and I'm sure your mud pies are delicious. The wink caused his own brows to raise. Things seemed to be going well, he was hitting it off with this woman even if he was drunk.

As soon as she shook her her head, he frowned and took his hand off his bow. He had wanted to catch her food to impress her but she was right. Being under the influence, he wasn't in the best condition to be shooting arrows. I'm sure I could catch something, but if you insist. Oh well. He wasn't going to test his capabilities around her. He nodded. Yeah, I'll have a fire going by the time you get back. I can do that much. Eclipse left into the woods and he quickly gathered what he needed to start a fire. He had a few matches in his jean pocket, and gathered some twigs that would light easily. The wolf-dog dog a shallow hole in the forest floor so that there was no brush or leave in the way, only dirt. Once that was done he gathered some larger pieces of wood that would sustain the fire for a while and would gather more once he had the fire started. Moss put the twigs in the middle and lit the match. The fire started up in a few moments and got bigger by the moment. An appreciative smile spread on his lips as he scavenged for some more wood. Soon, she had some logs that would keep the fire going for ours and was sitting comfortably by the warm glow waiting for Eclipse to return. He took his bow and quiver off his back and got comfy where he was on the floor.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 364 OOC: She is a derp and i had de ja vu writing the last part... maybe i did write something like it... but dang if i know i did or not XDDD

She had dismissed his reprocussion, saying he could do it, she didn’t want him making a mistake he would end up regretting. Her mind went to the hopeful fire that would be crackling as she had the groundhog and the squirrel cradled in her arms. She saw that he was now sitting comfortably and she grinned and held up the groundhog which could probably feed both of them, but it would probably be shared as with the squirrel, and she at least wouldn’t have to eat for another two or so days.

“I think we got a bit of good eating!”

She exclaimed and sat down, laying the animals on her lap, finding her knife and she too put her bow and quiver in a safe spot so she could work without its hindrance. She skinned the animals and took off their heads, putting them aside as she was sure something could be used after she got home. Then she found in her bag the portable pit, which was just a metal rack that stood on its’ own, rearanging the fire it was made small enough that she ws able to put the two animal safely on top of the fire to roast, though she took an oil from her bag, made of fats from animals as well as plants and poured some on, adding a few herbs, basil and rosemary, which she traded for a good price. Then she sat back next to the man with a triumphant grin.

“There, they’ll cook for a little bit, they don’t have to be cooked all the way, I do like mine a little raw, how about you?”

She looked down at the man who seemed quite comfortable where he was and couldn’t help but see him through the woman’s eyes she would soon have. He was not bad looking, there wasn’t many imperfections in the man and it was interesting to see his muscles. She rarely came so close. The last one she came close to was Frodo and he had been to teach her to shoot a bow and arrow.... well his bow at least.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

I think you're okay. Big Grin Moss tryin' to make a move. X3

The rust colored wolf-dog's face lit up as Eclipse entered their small make-shift camp sight. She had caught more than enough food for both of them, even though Moss was a giant. His tail picked up and she came to sit by the fire which was burning well, with plenty of hot coals that would be perfect for cooking. Miss Eclipse! That should be plenty for the both of us. Thank you for offering to feed a hungry soul. Although I would have much rather put food in your stomach instead of the other way around. As she worked to clean up the animals he searched around for the flask he'd been drinking from. He spot it not to far off where he'd fallen from the tree and hadn't noticed that it had all spilled until now. He sighed. He didn't need to drink anymore anyways, especially since he now had the company of a lovely woman who could cook, hunt, and shoot and arrow as well as he could.

The world still felt like a wonderful dream. The trees and sky above swayed slightly even as he sat, he felt as though he was the one moving but it was only his drunken mind playing tricks on him. He had an attractive smile placed on his face as he watched the beautiful woman cook, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. His gaze never left even as she came to sit next to him and he sat up so they were shoulder to shoulder. When he spoke his voice was sultry, though he didn't mean it to come out that way. A little raw should be fine. I don't mind either way. He couldn't keep his mind from wondering to her yet again. He usually was a gentlemen and respectful of a lady's wishes but right now there were other thoughts swimming in his mind. She was beautiful. The light of the fire lit up her coat and made her eyes sparkle, he couldn't help but be attracted to her.

Their bodies were close already, but he moved a bit closer so the length of his arm brushed against her own. What a perfect moment in time. In the same sultry tone he spoke. I think you may have saved me miss. By that he meant multiple things. For one, he had been lonely. Moss did't deal well with loneliness. Now that Eclipse was here he felt a world better. Also, he was starving and here she had a lovely meal cooking over the open fire. Moss kept still keeping some of his gentlemanly ways in tact

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 320 OOC: Naive Eclipse is Naive Tongue

“I am a hunter by birth, it has always been a pleasure to help anyone who is hungry if it is at all possible. I got lucky with the squirrel though” She said blushing and hiding her face at his thanks. She did not speak again, though she could feel him move closer to her, and feel his eyes on her as well, making her all the more self conscience. Then his touch, so new, yet not unwanted, made the hair on her arm rise. She looked him in the eyes her own wide with confusion as he spoke. He thought she saved his life? But how? She only made him fall down. She shook her head in disbelief.

“N... no, I think I nearly killed you more than saved you, your mind is still quite a bit muddled.” She said her own reeling trying to figure out his words, usually what someone had to say had some kind of meaning. Yet his confused her. She knew that she did not save him at all, but she could feel her heart racing, and had to even question that, was it because she was so close she could smell the alcohol in his breath? It was not unwelcome, just like his touch, which her hand touched his in a sympathetic sort of way, like telling someone who was dying they were delirious in a way that wouldn’t make them more hysterical. She looked into his eyes, trying to figure out the questions she had in her own head without giving them away to him for him to answer them, that would be far too easy and he did not seem like such an easy man to answer such questions, then the questions she tended to have were not ones that others took to well so she kept her mouth shut, seeing his reaction to her denial.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

A charming chip toothed smile remained splayed on Moss's face as she spoke. He never took his eyes off of her, lending her all his attention. Just by the words she spoke, he liked her more and in a way they were the same. The rusty colored hybrid always did whatever was in his power to help those in need. Lucky for him, she was the same as she'd caught them dinner. He noticed her shy away and his smile grew, so cute. You're a lovely person and that was not luck. Archery is all skill. He said, trying to swoon her some more with his words. He was content when she didn't move away from his touch which mean she didn't dislike it. Eclipse looked back at him after a few moments her expression comparable to a deer in the headlights.

Moss gave a lighthearted chuckle and raised a hand to place it under her chin so the lovely woman was looking at him when he spoke. A fall out of a tree is a small price to pay if I get to be in such a beautiful woman's company. He let his head fall to the side and looked up at her. I don't think you realize how deeply misplaced I was before you showed up. Drinking and singing into the forest. You're putting a smile on my face and food in my stomach which is what I needed before I was driven to certain insanity. The forest does things to you if you're alone, at least it does to me. He hoped his explanation would wipe that confused look off her face and she would understand that she was the reason he was happy right now. Her hand came to rest on his but he did not move letting her take him in. He was afraid he'd scare her away, even in this foggy minded state he was aware of boundaries. A true gentlemen. His hand stayed where it was and tested her. If she pulled away, he would let her. But, if not, He would know where this was headed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 320 OOC: *whistles innocently*

He caught her in her own words, not the same exact ones but pretty much what she told him when he spoke of his own skills. She looked down at the hand that touched hers, dazed already from the numerous compliments the man gave her and it seemed he was not done and she felt mighty embarrassed as he spoke of her beauty. Then spoke of his own disorientation and lonliness and her heart went out to him. Then he mentioned and her heart leapt to her throat as she turned to the food which one side was crisping. She didn’t want to let go of him for fear that he would fall off the face of the earth. He had a way with words, but it had been so long since she burned her food she didn’t want to start now. She supposed it was a good thing as she turned her attention on the food, that it was so close, because she kept her hand firmly on his, letting him know she did want to finish this conversation, even with the interruption.

She settled back down when the other side of the food was over the fire and she turned back to Moss, “You are right... it can do things, if you are caught unaware.” It seemed that she too had been caught unaware, by the man more than the forest itself. She could survive it alone but the company she kept now was flattering and she wasn’t use to such things. She found that even though it embarrassed her and made her feel self conscience, she wanted more of it. It soothed her soul in a way, she never thought herself ugly and never had anyone call her such either, but rarely did she hear of her beauty as this man had put it and she was becoming vain without even knowing it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Teehee, the Moss!! X3

Moss was not deterred when Eclipse turned to focus on the food. He'd completely forgotten about it as well as his hunger which hit him when he looked at the deliciously cooking meat. His stomach grumbled but he ignored it. It wasn't the food he was interested in now, but he supposed he should let her finish cooking and eat so they would no longer have any distractions. For once, his words were getting him somewhere and he couldn't help but be excited. Though, he wondered if maybe the alcohol was helping him along. Really, without it, he was just a flurried mess around women. But this wasn't the case now and he would keep doing what he was doing. Moss laughed as he watched Eclipse flip the meat, one side nice and crispy now. She'd kept her hand on his, not forgetting about him completely which he appreciated. Oops. That was probably my fault.

Their conversation sparked back up again and he had her attention once more. And so I was. I was also caught unaware by your beauty. At this point he figured the more compliments the better. Moss was much too nice to approach the situation any other way. His hand lifted to push her hair out of her face. She really was beautiful. Eclipse had the most stunning blue eyes and sleek fur, her body was petite and attractive. She gave a soft smile and his deep voice rumbled out, sultry without even knowing it. Those eyes... His hand came to her maw and he lifted her muzzle coming closer to her. He wanted to test the waters and see if he could get a kiss off of her. If not, he knew he'd been much too drunk to realize that she was not interested in him. Again, the alcohol was making him much more bold than he would ever be without it. Without thinking, he slowly placed one kiss upon her lips hoping she would return it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(220) OOC: Whistles innocently.

“No it’s just right, you reminded me just in time.” She said quietly, smiling at the man as she settled back. It would take only a few minutes for the rest to brown so she wasn’t going to get too comfortable. But it seemed that Moss had other ideas and they were ones she suddenly got caught up into. He was full of compliments and she was taking them in as though salt to water, melting and almost feeling all was true, and she stared into his handsome bi colored eyes and couldn’t help but be entranced by them.

She almost flinched when his hand came close to her, but she let him touch her and went in for a kiss. Eclipse had never experienced a kiss like this before, she had motherly kisses or fatherly kisses, but a passionate kiss of lust such as this was something far different. She liked it. She wanted to show it and kissed him back, her free hand moved to his arm as she pulled herself closer. The food was now entirely forgotten in the trance the man had her in. This was an experience she never had before and it was one she was quite willing to repeat, though she knew nothing of anything to come from that.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]