Wrinkles in the Sky
[html]
Word Count :: 315 OOC: Jiva is in Optime form Smile any time of day is fine.

His mate... that was making him have goosebumps as he thought about it. He actually had a mate! One he knew he could be proud of. He was the happiest wolf and it showed. Jiva was proudly walking through the forest headed to the borders to catch a patrol, he hadn’t done it in a while, and though he was no fighter ever since Drin had spoke of Aram and his hostilities and the threat of finding her again, he periodically went to the border to make sure the coast was clear. The woman he loved was in danger as long as the man prowled and Jiva didn’t know where he was. That worried Jiva to no end.

Though today he was far too happy to worry too much, he would do his work and enjoy the overcast day. It was nice in a way, he didn’t know if it would rain or not but the sun wasn’t glaring in his eyes when he passed over open skies. He walked the borders at a leisurely pace, keeping his eyes open for anything that could have crossed earlier, or anything amiss, while daydreaming about Palaydrian. He loved her, he knew he did and he would show her his love soon. He wanted her to heal and as a new healer he didn’t think she would be ready right away anway. He wanted everything special in any case. He didn’t want to rush into things. They were mates and he knew he would spend his lifetime with her. He was nearing the end of his patrol though he had nothing else to do. He would spend the day with Palaydrian but he wasn’t going to smother the poor woman. He knew everyone needed their space and with all the time he spent with her it was a wonder why she wasn’t sick of him yet.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin worked his way along the borders. It wasn't long before he crossed into the scent of a vaguely familiar pack mate. It took a moment before he remembered. Jiva. A rather odd wolf, really. He'd suddenly become very busy. Kiara hadn't understood the actions, and neither had he. Perhaps now would be a good time to get to know him better. His pace was swift, eating up the ground as he followed the scent to where the smaller wolf was.

Tharin stepped up his pace to be beside Jiva, his tail swaying brightly. His head was held high, looking over the border. It didn't look like anything but the occasional deer and rabbit had crossed over the border, and he wasn't about to go chase those from the pack. It's a good day for a patrol. His voice was friendly, inviting Jiva to speak with him. Tharin wasn't much of a talker, but perhaps it would be good if he tried to be to understand him.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 287

Jiva’s leisurely pace let the other wolf catch up to him easily. Jiva looked over to the man that came up to him and smiled. He had met the man face to face for only a minute. That was when his feelings were mixed up and the sight of the man giving a caring nuzzle to the lady Kiara made Jiva feel so uncomfortable. He knew his leave taking might have confused them but he wasn’t about to explain it to the man even now. Looking over he smiled and nodded, wagging his own tail.

“Yes it is a good day for a patrol and an even better one now that it seems the borders are clear.”

He said as he looked at the man. Jiva was envious, though he was well built himself, this man was made a fighter and a hunter. He could possibly hunt on his own any time he wanted. Jiva knew his problem and knew that he would only be good in group hunts as a chaser. He was just not able to do it all alone. He didn’t mind though. He at least knew his place in the pack. He was in too good of a mood to be unhappy about his own hunting skills as he was still in the bliss of his mates touch.

“ So you are out here to patrol as well?”

He asked giving the larger man a quizzical look. Jiva was nearly done with his rounds but that didn’t mean he couldnt’ move forward to get to know the man. He knew he left a strange impression on him and he wanted to make up for that.

image and table by raze

<style type="text/css">
.zeebadark b {font-weight:bold; color:#5e4c83; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zeebadark p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zeebadark {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ol1g8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:250px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:13px; color:#494b53; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
.zeebadark .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px solid #5e4c83; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px;}
.zeebadark .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Jiva welcomed his presence brightly, tail wagging. Tharin's body arched dominantly, proud of all that he saw. He'd earned a position of trust in the pack, and he wouldn't be letting it go. He loved the pack, even if it wasn't the home he'd been born in. The occasional strangeness was forgiven as he let himself be enveloped by the safe nature of the familiarity the other packs lacked. He didn't like luperci very much, unsure of how he was going to fight against creatures that could become so much larger than him. Guilt ran through him in quiet moments, remembering the pack that he'd failed, but most of the time he was happy.

Nodding his head Tharin checked the grounds of the border again. Someone had come by and paused for a short time before leaving again. It wasn't anything big to deal with. His tail wagged picking up the scent of a moose that passed through. If it was still in the pack perhaps he could call some members together to hunt it down. I patrol the borders everyday. I was actually surprised to come across your scent. I don't usually run into you along here.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 245 OOC: erf sorry didn't know what to write Sad

Jiva shrugged at the man. He was here off and on as was everyone’s duty. He knew he wasn’t the best at scouting much less at fighting but he did what he could. He found that he liked teaching what he knew better than using his hands and feet. He did pull his own weight though and made sure he was a part of the pack.

“I’ve been around mostly since Palaydrian has been attacked. It’s better to make sure that nothing happens within the borders.”

Jiva said with a slight shrug. He could understand why as they didn’t normally patrol on the same time and he never went out around the same time at all, it all depended on the times he had free and he mostly spent his time with Drin.

“Figured Drin was getting tired of me being there with her constantly. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind her alone time I certainly do at times.”

He said, though he did want to be right there with her, especially now he’d find her again very soon, though he was now in the presence of his pack brother who was higher rank and he barely knew the man, He made sure not to meet the man’s eyes and show the correct body posture, though he too was a confident male he was in no way about to challange a position he didn’t think he deserved.

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin nodded, unable to halt his hackles from rising as he looked out past the pack. Someone was out there hurting pack mates. His pack mates. Palaydrian wasn't the first, and he was furious that it was happening. If he was a stronger fighter, better tracker, he would hunt down the ones who had done this, and kill them. They had hurt Kiara, Fayne, and Palaydrian. Defense around the pack needed to be increased. It was the only thing he could do right now unfortunately.

Tharin nodded his head as Jiva spoke, not as focused now that he was thinking on the attacks. His movements were more stiff, aware of the danger around them. Jiva, do you know how to fight? Tharin knew some basics, but fighting against luperci was a completely different manner. He couldn't be the only one protecting the border. He wanted to make sure the rest of his pack was capable as well, seeing that they could help him fight back where he was weak.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 242 OOC: Jiva's a wimp

Jiva knew who attacked Palaydrian she had confessed everything to him not long ago and it had been hard for her but Jiva knew who he was, though he knew he was no match for anyone not with his attitude. At the question the man thought of the countless hours his parents tried to teach him something of offensive fighting, he had been interested for only a few minutes but he didn’t really care for it. He knew a bit of self defense, but just barely. He knew everything he was taught....

“Kind of... but I’m no good at fighting. My mom, she wanted to make sure I could live through my first few years of life and she told me the only way was to learn how to fight. My dad agreed. I don’t know what made them feel that way, whatever they went through they were afraid I would go through it too, but I’m below par when it comes to fighting...”

Jiva said. He did not face Tharin, but he did move his head in the direction the other was looking hoping he hadn’t spotted something Jiva missed, but he could see nothing. He still didn’t meet with the man’s face not sure if he thought Jiva a weakling of the pack. He could understand that Noah had an excuse but he still had spunk and was able to defend himself well. Very well.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

I apologize for Tharin. He's as romantic as a rock

Tharin's amber gaze found his way to study Jiva as they continued along the border. He was thin, small. He didn't look particularly strong. Tharin was surprised that he'd won Palaydrian's heart, considering how confident and powerful she was. Well, perhaps not confident. She definitely had strength though. Tharin wasn't too sure why she would choose someone like Jiva. He was a good guy, if a bit odd. Not someone to count on when she needed it though.

Shaking his head as Jiva spoke he continued the patrol. Augustus had spoken the truth about there being few defenders in the pack. They needed to grow stronger. Next time something happened it might not be something the pack member survived. There's so few here that know how... It was part of a thought, just trailing off into silence. Tharin himself was new to fighting, though he was relentless in his training. The skills he used to take down large prey were rapidly adapted, learning new techniques to strike the enemy. He still wasn't completely confident, but at least he could buy time if needed, and a good chunk of it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 247 OOC: merp sorry blanked mind

Jiva wondered what went on in the mind of the other man. He couldn’t tell as the man examined Jiva, which made him feel uncomfortable, but as he was a higher rank he had every right to look at him as close as he liked. Jiva only followed soundlessly. He wasn’t a scrawny male with no strength, he just didn’t use it to his advantage. He sighed at the man’s answer.

“If it comes to the pack or anyone’s safety I am capable of holding my own.”

He said in a voice that showed he was quite capable of what he was taught. He remembered helping Zalen with the cougar, though he had nearly been mauled by her he had been the distraction Zalen needed to chase her away. He knew how to fight, he was strong enough to fight. He was a well built man of most average luperci height. He just did not use it as everyone else.

“Drin is going to seek out help to learn how to defend herself, I’m sure you could help her, maybe give her a few pointers. I could try but I’m afraid I’d end up drilling her like my mom drilled me.”

He said sheepishly. His mother had been relentless, though her past was due to the whole of his training self defense, it also made him not want to fight because of the way she acted about it.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin nodded his head appreciatively as Jiva spoke up, assuring that he could hold his own if needed. It's good to hear that. Maybe you could help me train. I could use someone to train against. Makes it easier to adapt to situations. Months of playing Hunter hadn't benefited him as much as he'd thought on his first hunt, as the deer had moved unpredictably, unlike the prey in his games which always reacted in the way that brought him out on top. He could apply what he'd learned as a child about that to his fight training. That way he'd be ready when a real enemy appeared.

His tail waved behind him, hearing that Palaydrian would be seeking out help. Of course! It was good to hear that she was taking steps to protect herself. Tharin didn't want to see her as torn up as she was ever again. That meant not only improving himself, but making sure that the pack improved as a whole. He would talk with Zalen if he could about helping the pack learn self defense. It was sorely needed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 209 OOC: erf sorry it's not such a good post, Sad

“Uh sure, though I guarantee I’m not much competition at all. I have not sparred in a while too.”

He confessed. He would have to buck up and try to practice from now on, he would have to. He wanted to protect his mate, he wanted what was best for his pack and he would have to bite his lip and do something he knew he didn’t want to do. As a member of the pack he would have to make sacrifices to the good of the whole.

“I am glad it makes me feel better to know she might be able to defend herself more.”

He honestly didn’t know her plans for self defense, but he figured she wouldn’t say no to a pack member. He knew he was more of a fixer than anything else and he was enjoying tending to his pack members if they were hurt or sick, though he did not wish any such thing on any wolf that lived. He knew it happened though and he would soon be more prepared for them. He was trying to become as good of a pack member as possible, though it was not easy, but life never was.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin nodded his head. It will be good for both of us then. Help polish the skills you have, and help me improve. He couldn't rely on purely his weight to pull him through a fight after all. It took more skill than that to win a battle. He'd seen small wolves take on large prey and win through strategy. He didn't want to be caught off guard and end up losing a battle that could cost the pack. He wanted to help protect it.

The smile on his face wasn't exactly hidden as Jiva spoke. Tharin might not understand what Palaydrian saw in Jiva, but the affection he held for her was clear. He'd teased Palaydrian about it when he'd been with Zalen and her one day. She'd responded so sweetly, both him and the alpha working to convince her that she was desirable, and that Jiva would have to move quick to secure her. He was fairly sure that they were mates now. Then again, he'd thought they were mates when they weren't.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 168 OOC: I'm sorry it took me a bit. I seemed to have trouble replying ;;

Jiva was itching to change the subject, though he wasn’t oging to offend Tharin. After all he had left uncharacteristically and in a way rudely when he came to Kiara that day. Jiva just wasn’t himself and he wanted to show the man who he was. Jiva was a loyal wolf and would keep to his pack no matter what. Though if Drin left he would follow her.

“What else do you do here besides patrol and hunt? I’m sure there’s more to be done yes?”

He asked curiously. His tail swayed a bit behind him, feeling slightly more comfortable in the man’s company. He would like for him to be a friend and Jiva was a nice sort who really didn’t like conflict so he didn’t see how the two could dislike each other. Thinking about meat did make his belly grumble though he tried to pass it off as just any other sound that the woods made on a daily basis.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]

yup, the only things going on in his head is hunting and fighting XD

Asked what else he did around the pack Tharin considered. Patrols were usually done twice a day. Then he'd hunt, which could take between a short wait to half of the sun's passing before he managed to catch enough for him to be satisfied that the pack would be cared for. Afterwards, he usually went back to the den and saw how everyone else was doing. Head down to the meadow to see if Fayne was there, chase some prey and swim in the stream.

If he was really lucky, Kiara and Lucia wouldn't be too busy and he could be with them. He loved being around the pair. Lucia was a sweet girl, and Kiara was always up for some fun. I don't do a lot. I go swimming. I like being around my pack mates. It felt a bit odd for him to talk about this, not knowing exactly what he should say. His ears twitched at the growling stomach, laughing a little. Sounds like it's time to grab something to eat.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 227 OOC:

Tharin didn’t seem to like to do too much and Jiva tilted his head, what did he do with his life? But he supposed that was what wolves did when the virus didn’t happen. Jiva was not one of those wolves and didn’t know what he would do with himself if he couldn’t shift every once in a while, though he used his lupine form more than his others. He just felt far more comfortable in it. Smiling sheepishly he shrugged.

“Yeah I suppose I should go hunting.”

He said. He looked over at the other, an inviting look, but he made sure to keep his eyes from locking on the other’s. An invitation to join him. He wasn’t sure how far Tharin was into his own patrol but Jiva knew that he had done his time a full turn around and then some as he was walking with the other man, feeling it was best to get to know his fellow pack brother. Jiva was sure he would have less luck hunting by himself. He was good at chasing them, but being part wolf part dog he was only good for long distance running, though catching things was a must in hunting, he didn’t always make the quick turns nor the powerful hits that he knew Tharin could on any animal.

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
The inviting look was all Tharin needed. He was willing to help out his pack mate in any way he could. Tharin might be higher ranked, but that simply meant he held more responsibility in caring for the pack, not less. Lifting his head the gamma scented the air, sorting through the smells for prey that they could hunt down. With the pair of them they could catch something larger than a rabbit. Not too large. Perhaps a small goat. Or they would come across a wild turkey. Those tasted quite good.

Finding one he nodded his head in indication and stepped forwards. Tharin trotted along, believing that Jiva would follow along with him. He didn't look back to see if it was true, assuming that it would happen. They were hunting now, which meant that he wasn't thinking in the same way as he usually did. Tharin had plenty of trouble understanding how luperci thought normally. In this even more primal mode it became nothing more than something to ignore for more important things, such as filling his stomach.
[html]
Word Count :: 000 OOC:

It was just that simple his quiet invitation was accepted and the man took charge. Jiva only gave one quick glance back at the borders, knowing that at the moment it was quite clear and safe and he trotted after the man. He’d let him lead knowing he was a far more seasoned hunter than he and probably a better tracker though deep in Jiva’s head Tobias could beat Tharin in scouting almost any day, but he would keep that to himself, the bird was not a part of the pack after all.

It seemed the man caught scent of something and was going forward with interest, Jiva followed on behind waiting for any signals to go around for a chase, or whatever it was he wanted Jiva to do. His tail was low only because he knew it would attract attention because of its curl and he followed suit of the man.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

The pair moved through the pack lands silently, retreating further into the interior to find their prey. It wasn't long before he scented something simple enough to satisfy the pair. They were close to the river that ran all the way through the pack. The smell of otters rested in the air. Perhaps they'd be lucky and catch one of them sunning itself. They were too quick to catch when in the water. On land though they were fair game.

Crouching down Tharin moved through, tail swaying as he searched for where the prey was. It was a small group of them by the sounds of it, perhaps three or four. Tharin peered through the bushes. Two of them were safely in the water, one sound asleep on the shore. Another sat up, alert and observing the area. Tilting his head he looked back at Jiva. One of us go to the other side, swim through. Make sure the otter's cut off from the water. We'll pull it down then.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 3014 OOC: Hopefully this is acceptable haha, if you want me to change anything just let me know

Jiva had to take the time to change as Tharin was a bit faster than Jiva’s optime and he knew he wasn’t one to just run out on two legs to hunt. He’d never ever get anything ever. Not even a rather slow caterpillar. Once changed he hurried to follow Tharin’s scent which wasn’t far along. He was proud he was able to change a little faster than he used to. They rested just close to the river to see the otters. Crafty and alert creatures, but Jiva proved many times he was a fine swimmer, though he could tell the water was a bit shallow. He nodded wordlessly and slipped quietly through the brush, as to be the one to chase the prey to tharin.

It was good he had to cross the river because it took away much of his own scent making it possible to get closer to the small pack of otters. After crossing he found the best position to cross the river itself to scare the prey towards Tharin. His prey he wanted was the alert one, the watchout. It would be easier to scare him further inland, but he hoped he could catch at least two, so the one sleeping nearby might be a good surprise for him, though the river itself was a bit wide, but Jiva was a quick planner as he waded into the water, he was quite close before he reserviced after swimming much of the river, one of the swimmers had see nhim and was off to make the call to run and Jiva swam faster and was soon bursting from the water to catch both the land dwellers off guard and they ran from the water where Jiva herded them towards the other wolf laying in wait.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Jiva agreed, parting from the large beast. Tharin moved back, settling himself behind the otters. As soon as they came close enough he'd grab them. Wouldn't take much to kill them, less tough than a deer, though more tough than a rabbit. A good shake of the neck should be enough to kill one. Tharin laid low, eyes gleaming as he watched Jiva swim across. Tharin couldn't move any closer, as tempting as it was. If the prey startled that didn't mean good things for either of them.

A call to run shot up. The otters in the water vanished completely, the sleeping one startled awake. Dazed it wasn't as quick as the one that had been alert, running towards Tharin already. Jiva did well with his herding, both otters ending up near Tharin's waiting jaws. It was only a split second of hesitation, and Tharin grabbed one. His teeth sank in deeply. The otter squirmed wildly in his grasp as Tharin tossed it around, shaking the beast to break it's neck. Smashing it against a nearby tree Tharin growled, pleased to feel his kill fall limp. It would make a good meal for the pair.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]