you're just like, sunlight.
If one thing could be said about the skull lined territory of Inferni in summer it was beautiful like no other. Sure, the waste wasn't the prettiest, but the coyote clan boasted some of the freshest rivers and greenest forests that all of Nova Scotia had. It was upon this particular sun kissed day that the coyote hybrid found herself wandering near Bass River, her main objective to stock up some of the stores in storage. Some of their medical supplies was running low and it would not do well to run out in case the wolves were attacked once again. Emmanuelle's stride was purposeful as she waded through the tall grasses that envoloped the clan lands, making her way to the ever fragrant river somewhere before her. The berries were ripe and juicy this time of year, and she had to adjust her diet accordingly to care for the tiny lives growing inside of her belly.

The meeting a few days prior had gone swimmingly, and each day her belly extended just a fraction more. Even though it had just been a few days since the gathering she already noticed she looked more swollen, her belly poking out and her breasts getting larger. The coyote woman had a certain glow about her, and her hair was longer and brighter. Her scent had changed too, the pregnancy hormones mixing in with the honeysuckle and mint she had woven into her hair along with small beach shells. Her curls hung softly past her waist and bounced with her movement, though the only thing missing from her perfect visage was the sunny smile she usually wore.

The mother to be was miserable, and it showed on her features. Her lips were pulled back into a tight frown and her bi-colored eyes, normally bright, were dark. The skin around her eyes was even pink and they looked puffy from her crying on and off, her hormonal emotions getting the best of her. Angel had not reacted the best to her at the meeting and didn't take the news of her being pregant, and was acting very distant and iffy. Had he not expected this to happen? Was he freaked out? She was freaked out, she had no expierience and no women to lean on. Worst of all, no mate. What was she going to do? These thoughts got the best of her and as she came upon the blueberry bushes she sank down to her knees, her basket dropping to the ground. Hot tears spilled out of her eyes and she cupped her face, sobbing.
[html]

horses can eat blueberries, yay

Just as the war had caused her to be busy, so had the spoils of it. Alma was constantly trying to figure out way to convince the horse she had acquired that she was not an enemy. She had success so far, in bribing it with food to eat. It allowed her to get closer while it was eating and had even allowed her to lead it a few times. The orange coyote felt proud of this small achievement, though she was slightly guilty that she had to use some of the food from Inferni's stores to feed the beast.

Alma was headed to the patch of blueberries, carrying a plastic bucket that was a disgustingly bright shade of pink. It was one of them items she had acquired from her trip to Halifax; it only needed some cleaning before it was usable, unlike some of the other things she found. She must have looked quite ridiculous carrying such a bright object with her, along her equally bright fur, but Alma was unconcerned - or perhaps oblivious - to appearances. She carried nothing else with her, not even her bow. Today, she was going to relax and gather blueberries. Some might be used as a dye for her beads, while others would be feed to her horse. If she was being honest, most of them would probably go to her horse. Now that she had a great beast that she could ride upon crush her enemies, she was entirely obsessed with it.

Bass River was within sight when she heard a sound of sobbing. Her large ears tilted toward the sound, trying to pinpoint where it came from. Alma waded through the tall grass, eyes searching the ground for where it might be coming from. Her first thought was that it might be a puppy that had gotten itself hurt, but the voice was more... adult. Familiar, even. The coyote soon realized why when she spotted her blonde-haired friend kneeling among the bushes. "Emma?" She padded up beside her. She knelt beside her and set the bucket aside. "What's wrong?" Concern was apparent in her voice. Although Alma hadn't seen very many pregnant women in her lifetime, nor had she ever been herself, she wasn't stupid. She could tell Emmanuelle was pregnant. Was she upset because she was afraid of raising children when she was so young, or was it something else...?

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The sobs continued for a few minutes, each one racking her frame more as her sadness increased. She was not alone for long though, and soon a familiar scent wafted through the blueberries followed by an enquiry made by none other then her ginger haired friend, Alma. " Alma? " She asked as she looked up, wiping away the worst of her tears with the back of her hand. " I'm sure you can tell.. but this. " She said, moving to stand up and gesturing to her extended stomach. " Angel is the father, and I don't even think.. he likes me like that... " At this her eyes welled up with tears again and she covered her eyes, embarrassed and ashamed. It was true she was in heat when it had happened but she thought the male had ... felt something for the coyote woman.

Helplessly her slender hands fell to her sides as she looked at Alma with big, doelike mismatched eyes. " I don't know how to raise children! How am I supposed to do it without a father? I mean, I don't know if he wants to or not.. but don't generally children have parents.. that are together? " She asked, her bottom lip trembling. The girl was absolutely at a loss on what to do, she sincerely hoped Alma knew what to do because as it stood the blonde coyote was completely useless at the moment. Emma hadn't even thought of it as she spoke, but what if the bright haired woman judged her? What if she didn't want to be friends with her anymore? Who would she have..

Suddenly her mind was overwhelmed with images of dark-furred bright eyed coyote kids running around and causing havoc on the clan lands, breaking things and setting things on fire. Her eyes widened in horror and a hand flitted to her mouth and she grasped her stomach, suddenly very afraid of having to deal with that alone. " I can't do this by myself. " She whispered, very unsure of herself.

[/html]
[html]

Alma looked down when she pointed at her stomach, though she'd already noticed it and took note of it. Her head shot back up when she mentioned the father. "Angel?" She asked. The name conjured up nothing, at first. It took her a moment to connect it with the dark coyote she saw at the meeting. She really didn't know the man and had only seen him in passing, and this was hardly a good first impression. The orange coyote certainty didn't take his side; Emma was young and while Alma had never experienced heat and how much it could influences one's actions, she didn't blame her for it. When her father had gotten her mother pregnant without mateship, he didn't run off like a coward. She expected no less of any other male that had gotten a woman pregnant, particularly one as young as Emmanuelle.

She was tempted to interrupt her golden-haired friend, and ask more questions, but forced herself to stay quiet until she finished. Too many questions might overwhelm her in this state, and she was already upset. Alma placed a hand on her friend's shoulder, then hugged her - awkwardly, because she wasn't sure putting pressure on her belly would be a good idea. "I can't believe he'd... well, any man, would do that, though he must not be much of one if he's not willing to face the consequences of his actions." That was putting it lightly. Emma was like a little sister to Alma, and she felt just as angry if some man had knocked one of her blood sisters and left her to fend for herself.

"You won't be alone. It takes a pack to raise a family. If my father had been so cowardly and left my mother on my own, she would have raised me with the help of her pack." She actually wasn't quite so sure of that, considering the circumstances, but she thought that Inferni would not be judgmental in the way a wolf pack might be to her mother carrying coyote pups. "Inferni won't reject you and leave you on your own. Even if some of the other coyotes are too busy, I could help. I admit I've never had pups, but I'd wager your... their father hasn't had any either."

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Emmanuelle nodded at her pumpkin-haired friends words, finding logic within them, thankfully. " Well. I told him at the pack meeting. It didn't seem like he took it too well. Maybe it overwhelmed him? I don't know.. " She replied, her voice trailing off as she bit her lower lip in thought. Was it possible that she might be over-reacting? Didn't pregnant women have crazy hormores? The womans shook her head slightly, just trying to clear her thoughts for a moment so that she might have a moment of peace. Maybe once the conversation was over they would be able to pick some berries, a slight breeze picked up and rustled the bushes. The tantalizing scent of juicy berries lifted her spirits, even if it were just for a moment.

Emma wasn't entirely sure about her next words, but she nodded to herself. " Well.. " She began, looking off into the other direction nervously. " He is older.. He could have? I think he is six or so.. " She said, punctuating her words with a cheesy smile. Personally his age hadn't mattered to the woman just then, she had been more intrigued with his smooth words and even smoother accent. Heat rose to her cheeks as she recalled the way he had caressed her, the way he had whispered in her ear and how it felt to just be in the presence of the foreign man. Foolishly she thought she could solve the exotic mystery that was Angel, but she had been wrong.

" It's good to hear that. At least I can count on one person. I appreciate you Alma.. I think I need to get away for a little while.. I like him Alma, I like him alot, and it confuses me. " She began, feeling ashamed again. This pregnancy thing was getting old, and fast. Her mood changes felt like they were happening a mile a minute, but she supposed this was normal? " Has this ever happened to you? I don't mean the pregnancy thing, you already said you hadn't had pups before, but being confused about a man? " Maybe the older, wiser woman had.

[/html]
[html]

"Perhaps." If he was young, he might have had been scared the way Emma had been. It didn't justify his actions, but it did explain them. Since he didn't have to carry the children, he could run away from responsibility faster than she could.

All these thoughts were dissipated when his age was mentioned. The ginger coyote flattened her ears, and she frowned. Her expression displayed just the smallest amount of teeth; she was trying not to show anger around her friend, in case she thought it was directed at her. She had an urge to find the man then and there, and smack some sense into him. She opened her mouth to say something, then stopped upon seeing the smile on her companion's face. She was obviously still smitten with man, despite what he'd done to her. Insulting him might not be the best way to go. "He should know better," was the politest amount of disapproval she voiced. "I need to have a talk with this... 'Angel'. She might not be able to convince him to help with the pups, but she was sure as hell going to try to make him feel guilty if he didn't.

When the direction turned to her own experiences, Alma wasn't sure what to say. She had few interactions with men - well, interactions that involved romance. Kit and Ithiel were the most recent and memorable; it was possible some male had made a passing comment expressing attract while she had been traveling, but she didn't remember it. Nor would she have cared during the two years she had been alone, as she had still been grieving over her father's death.

"Not often," she admitted. "Only two of them have expressed any sort of attraction to me in recent memory... and one was very rude. He only wanted sex. I had to tie him up and shove him in pink clothing to get him to stop bugging me." Alma wasn't sure she should mention she had been more attracted to the male when he was tied and dressed in such a foolish manner; she still had no idea whether she should be ashamed of that or not. It might be too much for her companion to take, considering she herself did not understand it. "The other one was much more polite. I wasn't really sure about it at first, but then he made it obvious by giving me these." She gestured to the bracelets on her wrists.

"If it wasn't for that, I might have gone on being much more oblivious. Neither of us are very... expressive. Actions spoke louder than words, in this case." She paused, wondering if her lack of advice and good fortune might make her friend more depressed. She certainty didn't want to babble on about Ithiel while she was upset. "You said you need to get away, right? Perhaps we can travel together before you become too pregnant. I have stuff I was going to travel to the other packs and trade..." She thought of the ragged clothing she'd acquired from Halifax, as well as some of the more puzzling items she had yet to figure out the use for. "...I just haven't gotten around to it. You can bring some of your stuff, too. Maybe we can find something to distract you, and the trip itself might provide that as well. Give you and him both some time to think."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc; uhm. yeah. inspiration WOO.

The anger evident on her friends face worried the young female, was she angry with her for being so naive and trusting? It was her fault, she supposed. She remember his quiet, broken words of protest. If she had just stopped when he wanted her too, no matter how fleeting his words had been and how easily he had given in this wouldn’t have happened. Emma would still be her old, untouched self and maybe she would still have him. Sadness touched her features again and she tried to will the tears that were pooling in her doe-like eyes back where they had come from, she vowed never to show weakness in front of a man ever again. It would save her heartache and pain, neither of which she truly deserved.

However with her ginger-haired friends next words she promptly fell over, eyes watering as she fell. She clutched her stomach as she lay on the ground, laughing harder then she ever had before. Her laughs were sweet to the sound and her eyes were pressed tightly shut as tears fell freely from them. They had been with sadness, but now she was simply laughing to hard to hold them back. “ You’re…. Kidding… Right? “ She asked, laughter punctuating each of her words. The heaves slowly subsided and she wiped the tears from her eyes, trying to get her balance once more before standing up and looking at her dear friend with an amused expression on her coyote features. “ Alma, I have a feeling only you would do that. “ She said, her smile echoed in the tone of her words.

Her next speech drew a nod from the blonde girl, and she silently considered Angel’s actions within her mind. He had gone swimming with her, tried to teach her how to ride his horse. The young inexperienced mind that was hers had granted her permission to believe these were the actions that someone only would take if they had an interest in someone, though to be fair she had never had a male friend before. What she was mistaken for something more then friendship could have been nothing but that for the dark male. It really was her fault wasn’t it.. Doubt clouded her features, and she was confused once more. “ Before it happened.. “ She began, meaning the ‘ it ‘ was the actual deed. “ I said that I had missed his presence.. He said that he had missed mine also, do friends say that a lot? “ She questioned, really wanting to figure it out. All in all, friends didn’t have sex. That much she had decided. Maybe she was something in-between to Angel. Who knew.

Alma’s next proposition had her tail wagging and her ears perked as she considered it.. Traveling outside of the packlands? Trading? Obviously she never would have done it if she were alone, the Boreas wolves had ensured that much and they would love to get rid of a pregnant coyote, regardless of what type of pups she carried within her. “ Oh Alma I would love that! “ She said, her tone once more exuberant. Finally the worry was wiped off of her young features and the sunshine child had returned and in a moment of pure excitement she stepped forward and pulled her friend into a tight embrace, smiling as she did so. How blessed was she to have such a good friend. “ I have lots of things to trade, chickens, rabbits, lynx kits.. I also do leatherwork and woodworking! “ She exclaimed, completely excited at the prospect of a trading trip. Angel was forgotten from her mind for a blessed moment and she picked up her basket once more, gesturing to the blueberries surrounding the women.

“ I think we should pick some of these, we could even make some purple dye for the trip! “ Emma said, noticing the pink bucket Alma had with her. The pumpkin haired fae obviously came out here to do the same thing. A knowing smile crept back onto her face as she shot her friend a glance. " You will also have to tell me about the male you mentioned who gave you those pretty bracelets... What is he like? " She asked, smiling all the while.

[/html]
[html]

this post is crappy because I am in a place with LOUD CHILDREN :| might fix later

Alma smiled at Emmanuelle's laughter. "Not at all. He could be wandering the streets of Halifax right now, with his hands tied and the pink thing still on him. If someone hasn't found him and freed him." There was also the possibility that the man had freed himself somehow. She didn't much care how he was freed, though a passing thought in her mind made her wonder what might happen if he wasn't freed. Would he be dead? Would it be her fault?

She inhaled and turned her mind away from those thoughts, burying them deep. Alma didn't want to think of herself as a bad person, and to think a man might have died from something she had done to him for a laugh, would contradict that.

"If they are away for a long times, perhaps." Alma knew that much, even if she had very little experience with the concept of friendship. She probably wouldn't have said she had missed someone unless it had been a very long time between visits. Months, a year, perhaps. That he had said such to her after so little time probably meant something, but Alma was inclined to dismiss that evidence in favor of her theory that he had tricked or seduced Emma.

The red-haired coyote gave a smile in response to her friend's exuberance. Her tail began to wag. "I'm glad you like the idea. We should get started on it soon - though it sounds as if you have a lot of stuff. Maybe we can ask Myrika for permission to borrow the cart." Alma said, recalling the time they had to use the cart to cut down the wood for the archery stands. "Then I can bring some of my spears, too." It would be difficult to carry all of them over a long distance, even with her strength, which was why she'd only take them if they had the cart.

The suggestion of dye was met with a nod. "I have a few beads that could use the dye, as well." Alma's eyes strayed to the bushes around her. Idly, she began to pick blueberries off and place them into the pink bucket beside her. "He's very... quiet. Polite. A little bit uptight," She paused to flash her friend a sly smile. "but I think I can cure him of that." Her voice became less sly, more reflective with her next words. "He's the one with a vulture. That was initially how I met him, many months ago. We didn't... haven't really gotten to know each other until recently. He taught me how to use a knife."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]