Bow Shots
[html]
WC: 424 OOC: Frodo might remember grace as she's pretty rare on the coat color of chestnut and flaxen mane. She may remember him in any case and give him "kisses" Haha and Eclipse is of course in optime, mid to late morning.

It had been many days since she met Frodo. He was kind and had taken a walk with her. SHe liked his company and they had promised to meet once again. She said she would go to visit him. She barely had the time wiht the party that went on and then the nightmares that were getting worse. Today was the first day she hadn’t had them. It was a good omen to her and she knew she would be ready for anything. He had hastily left her after she mentioned she had no mate. He seemed upset after he said it was a good thing. It just made her understand that she was not a prized catch. It mattered little to her. If she had no mate she would not children any child that would have the darkness inside them.

She had gotten up early to take out Grace. The foal didn’t need her as much and Eclipse knew that he wouldn’t need her milk, if he did there was plenty of cows or someone else to take in the reign. She wanted to see how the mare rode. She took to being taken from her foal well enough. THe mare seemed ok with the colt being left in the stables with the other horses. Perhaps she trusted the place. Eclipse had her saddled and a bridle. She took to them well also. The mare had warmed up to Eclipse and she was happy so when she mounted and was off, she couldn’t believe how well trained the horse was. On the way it seemed the horse knew where they were going. She was moving right towards Aniwaya. Perhaps she wanted to go there. In any case Eclipse let the horse pace herself and she enjoyed the scenery.

The ride there was entirely uneventful which was just fine with Eclipse, she knew that the horse enjoyed her and that she wanted the exercise, maybe it was because of all the time she just sat and watched her young colt. He was fast but not fast enough for Grace. The horse did seem nervous at the borders so Eclipse dismounted just in case before she howled for Frodo. She calmed the horse who shook her head and stamped her feet in agitation. Maybe she didn’t want to be here after all? Whatever the case was she would let the horse go and either find her later or she would follow Eclipse. The young woman waited for her new friend to come.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html] <style type="text/css">
.awfrodo-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#FFF3CD url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _Frodo.jpg) no-repeat bottom;width:90%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;color:#000;border:1px solid #91787B }
.awfrodo .name {font-family: 'Quattrocento', cursive;color:#4F2950;font-size:50px;padding:20px 0 0 10px;line-height:40px;text-shadow:#F7E3D5 1px 1px 6px;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .lyrics {font-family:arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#723004;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .in {margin:5px 10px 160px 10px; padding:7px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;background:url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _white.png);border-radius:5px;-moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px;}
.awfrodo p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:#FFF3CD 1px 1px 1px}
.awfrodo b {color:#602949;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

Frodo Silvertongue
Test my reality Check if there's a weak spot
Clingin' to insanity In hopes the world will ease up

The young man lifted his head up from the stream, face dripping wet and fur drenched to his body. He inhaled and fumbled for the home made towel on the grass. He wiped his face dry, rubbed his eyes to rid them of water, and then sprang to his feet again. His morning routine was going well so far, as ever. He wandered back over to his hut to clothe himself in his cloak only--the hot weather was too unbearable at this time of year to wear anything else.

Frodo padded out of his home ready for a brand new day. He fumbled with the straps on his cloak and considered going to see Gemma and the pups, then thought against it. They'd be hungry, and it'd be rude to visit again without something to offer. Speaking of, the amount of time he'd spent with them had sacrificed the amount of time he used to spend hunting. When was the last time he'd hunted for something huge, rather than something just large enough to feed just three hungry mouths? As this thought struck him, there was suddenly a sound that swept from over the borders. He recognized it straight away. Eclipse... he mentally said with a warm smile. He hadn't expected her to come. But she'd kept her word, and he'd keep his.

Without really thinking about what he was doing, he set off at a loping run straight away, pelting straight for the borders. He could smell her getting closer, and there was another familiar scent along with her. Maybe someone had already gone to greet her? For some reason, that made Frodo a little bit angry, although he didn't know why. It was when he was already in clear site of her that he realised he hadn't brought anything along with him for what they were supposed to do. Oh well...he guess he'd have to explain to her and she could tag along while he collected his things.

From what he could see, there was nobody with Eclipse like he had initially thought, nobody but a horse. Why had it seemed so familiar, though? He singled out the scent as he approached closer, but still couldn't put his paw on what was bugging him about it. He shrugged his shoulders and decided he must be imagining things. Eclipse! he grinned wolfishly. He strode right up to her and thought it would be awkward to not greet her properly, so he settled on a hug. Hoping she wouldn't be freaked out or anything, he attempted to embrace her before pulling back. Didn't figure yer'd come. he admitted. He shifted his green gaze sideways to get a better look at the mare by her side. A beautiful colouring; chestnut with rare flaxen mane. Again, he swore he knew the mare. And then it clicked inside him. Grace... he outbursted. Suddenly, his gaze went sad, and he snapped back to look at Eclipse. That be Lilliana's horse. he commented, pouting with an upset, hurt gaze.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 388 OOC: wheefun!!

To see the dark colored man was a relief to the woman. His smile brought one to her face as he came and gave her a hug. She didn’t push away, in fact she squeezed tightly to show she was happy to see him too and to make sure this was all still real. It was hard to imagine she was seeing a friend for a second time and it was good.

“I keep my promises. You’re a good friend, I’d like to keep it that way.”

As he looked at the horse she could see a hint of recognition in his eyes and he spoke the mare’s name. She looked over at the mare who came closer to lip at the man in a warm greeting. Eclipse couldn’t help but smile sadly. She looked back at the man with sad eyes. She knew what happened to the owner of the mare though not the whole story.

“Yeah she saved me even when she was full of foal. She helped me from not falling off a cliff and followed me ever since. She had her baby, he’s at the stables but he should be fine for some time.”

she said, giving him a look that meant she was sad that he knew Grace’s old owner. Did he know the woman was gone? Claudius had told her and even told her she should keep the horse and she had. She would be quite reluctant to hand her over now, but she would if he demanded her back.

“I had come to bring her back to her. Saul, my cousin and Skye my leader knew who she was and I couldn’t keep her if she had an owner. Claudius he told me about what happened and said I should keep her. I hope you aren’t angry.”

She said biting her lip worried about what he was thinking at that very moment. She did come and she did offer the horse back but the man seemed so nervous as it was stuttering as he spoke. She thought he was just scared of her and that it wasn’t a problem with his own speech. She watched to see the man’s reaction not sure how he would take all this.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
.awfrodo-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#FFF3CD url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _Frodo.jpg) no-repeat bottom;width:90%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;color:#000;border:1px solid #91787B }
.awfrodo .name {font-family: 'Quattrocento', cursive;color:#4F2950;font-size:50px;padding:20px 0 0 10px;line-height:40px;text-shadow:#F7E3D5 1px 1px 6px;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .lyrics {font-family:arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#723004;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .in {margin:5px 10px 160px 10px; padding:7px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;background:url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _white.png);border-radius:5px;-moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px;}
.awfrodo p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:#FFF3CD 1px 1px 1px}
.awfrodo-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

Frodo Silvertongue

The reassuring squeeze was all he needed to go by, all he needed to assure himself he wasn't being too friendly. The feeling was mutual, he guessed. He couldn't remember the last time he'd hugged somebody. As he took a step back on casual paws, she spoke to him and he didn't think he'd ever heard such kindly words. It was all he could do to refrain from grinning ear to ear like an idiot... instead he settled for a warm, slight smile. He liked someone who kept their promises, and hearing that he was apparently a "good friend" was frankly music to his ears.

Grace recognized him too, he could tell by the way she fumbled for him with her mouth. He rested his paw on her muzzle and looked her in the eyes. There was no need for breathing into her so she could get used to his scent; she was already familiar with it. His aroma was unique, for it not only smelt of his pack but of the life he had before it, smoke and dirt and pine trees. And salt from the sea. I knew she were a keeper. he said softly when Eclipse explained how she'd found the flaxen mare. Didn't know she were with child though, 'er son, he'll be a finer 'orse than Pod and Jester themselves. he noted, wondering what colouring he was, and who his sire had been. He almost felt tempted to ask if he could take care of it if it had no plans for the future, but on the other hand, he was already full up with duties and pups and his current horse.

Although he wondered why Grace had left her previous owner and ended up in CdA, he already had a hunch. Grace had been born wild, Lilliana had told him as much, but she'd perhaps forgotten how to be free. She wouldn't have known what to do, where to go to upon her mistress's death. She had loved Lilliana, if his eyes weren't deceiving him when he saw them together on his arrival to AniWaya. She had loved her, and she'd died. That must have been hard. Frodo didn't believe he'd lost anyone to death. Saul an' Skye sound like decent gaffers. Bu' Claudius is ever the skinkier. Yer be wise to've listened to him, Grace is imprinted ter yer as she were to Lilliana. he could tell. They were bonded already; Eclipse must have been something special in the eyes of horses to deserve the love of someone who's heart had already broken. Most horses couldn't bare the departure of their masters, had they once shared a bond. Angry? With you? No. he said, confused. I'm not. he assured her, and he hoped he hadn't scared her in any way. If he had seemed accusing, he was sorry for it. This girl was innocent.

I er, left me stuff back home base. he admitted. He beckoned her with one hand and smiled, letting her know it was okay to come into the territory with him by her side. They would just be there to collect his things, such as his bow, quiver, and perhaps Strider, and then they could set off. If yer wouldn't mind comin' with... dyer think I should bring my mount-o-horse, too? he asked casually as he strode back towards the village.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 362 OOC: Whhheeeeeee

It had been some time since she had physically touched someone on purpose, but this, felt oddly natural as they hugged. It was short lived but that was just as well. If it lingered she was sure to become quite uncomfortable. She smiled as Grace greeted the man in such a friendly manner. She touched the horses’ neck, feeling even happier as he spoke and wasn’t angry with her.

“Her son is a fine young colt, he is strong. He was actually a part of a twin... but the other died...”

She said solumnly. The poor foal didn’t even live through its birth it was probably dead hours before she gave birth, which probably was what triggered the labor. It was quick and the poor horse had been in so much pain and all Eclipse could do was hold the mare’s head and confort her as best as she could even though she was panicking. It had been her alpha who had calmed them both down. As he spoke more he spoke of claudius and she tilted her head at the word he called him.

“I’m sorry but what is a skinkier? I have never heard of the word... I’m sorry.”

She looked at the man apologetically. She didn’t know how he dealt with his accent as she could understand most of what he said, though she wanted to understand all he said. It was a unique way to talk. It was english yet, a strange kind of english and it was nice to her ears, but there was a word or two she knew she ewas going to misinterpret and this was one of them.

“Oh I won’t mind at all, lead the way, and riding I think is best, it gets us quicker to where we want to go.”

She said smiling. she didn’t get up on Grace as she knew how rude it would be to ride while the other walked. She smiled as she fell into pace with him.

“How are your children by the way? I bet they are growing quickly!”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]

Frodo Silvertongue

It upset him to know that the colt's twin died. What a shame. Twins were rare to come by, especially rare to even be conceived, never mind born. This was in horses, he was thinking about. Twins seemed common in other species, but with horses it took a year of pregnancy, which meant a long time to be burdened with more than one child...he figured that was why twins were so uncommon in equines. But at least Grace's remaining son was healthy and strong, that was good to learn about. He made a mental note to go visit it some time in the future. Or maybe the colt would somehow end up visiting Frodo.

Her next words made him laugh loudly. S'just the way it is. Don't apologize. I guess skinkier is... uh, wise. he finished lamely, for he didn't really know how exactly he was supposed to describe a word that had its own meaning. It was like trying to define a word like... well, any words were hard to define. He gave her a knowing smile and started walking ahead, setting his pace at one she could follow. Eclipse told him it would be best to ride, and he nodded. While wolves could perhaps outrun a horse, horses seemed studier and they would benefit if one of them was to hurt themselves. Plus, company was better when you could converse astride a horse rather than on foot.

Quickly enough, they arrived back at the village, which was the heart of the pack. Frodo took in all the familiar landmarks, huts, and people, before heading over to his individual home. His hut was smaller than the rest, as it only housed one, and perhaps the closest to the stables - for his own convenience. As they walked, Eclipse made conversation about his children. Aye, they grown faster than a boomerang. Two weeks an' they'll be two months o' age! he exclaimed, rubbing his feather-covered head as if he couldn't quite believe it either. They were fat pups by this point, fat and healthy. Brushing his braided mane out of his eyes, he headed into his hut quickly, letting Eclipse wait outside with Grace. He came out with his bow and quiver, which he slung on his back. A rat was now perched upon his shoulder, a silvery one with a ghost like shine. Who's she? Pan asked, tilting his shiny head. He floated away and settled on Frodo's opposite shoulder, where he continued to glare jealously at Eclipse. Frodo flushed and shrugged his shoulders, which would have had Pan fall, had he not been a spirit guide. careful! Pan hissed.
This is Eclipse Soulstorm. Eclipse, this here's my spirit guide Pantalaimon. Frodo finally managed, and he beckoned Eclipse after him as he turned to head from to the stables now. Quickly, he came out with Strider, no tack but ready to go. Strider preferred not to wear a saddle or bridle, and honestly, Frodo preferred it that way too. Frodo patted the white stallion's neck, watching Grace with wary eyes. These two skippers 'ave crossed paths before.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 585 OOC: OMG RAAAT! Tongue

“Oh he seemed a bit scared when talking about the horses, but I have not gotten to know him really so I will trust you.”

She said. Claudius had been quite nervous around Eclipse that he had stuttered. Or that’s how she perceived was why he did. She made sure to keep a hold of the mare’s reigns so that she didn’t step on them. Eclipse wasn’t use to horses to ride bareback yet, and it would take some time for her to think about it.

Eclipse stepped in pace with Frodo. He was a brisk walker, which she liked. It meant he got to his destination without hesitation. A sure sign of someone who was determined. She listened as he spoke of his children growing and she grinned. She still didn’t know what a boomerang was but that mattered little. Just listening to him talk about the pups was fascinating he loved the children very much and she was glad he liked talking about them, though it did make her wistfully think about her own, but she reminded herself, they would end up hating her if she did. She quietly walked enjoying the company and the scene.

“The last time I was here, I was a puppy tresspassing. A woman named foxglove, she came and found me. I’d gotten in pretty far. I don’t know how, most days wolves keep pretty good eyes on their packs.”

She said as the entered the middle of the town. She had not been here, but probably wouldn’t have gotten too much further if she had. She waited outside his home seeing it was quaint and nice. She had found a home of her own, though it felt almost too big and too empty. She felt better staying outside where she could enjoy the summer days. She at least had a place to shelter if it got too bad outside. She waited patiently and when he returned she jumped wide eyes at the rat that sat on his shoulder. It was out of place and she nearly screamed if it wasn’t for Frodo being there. He introduced the animal as his spirit guide. She looked up at him hesitantly not sure what he meant.

“What’s a spirit guide?”

She had never heard of one before and wasn’t sure how comfortable she would feel with it. It was a strange thing and she watched it for a little while before following him. If Frodo was ok with the strange creature she would go with it. Again she waited outside waiting to meet the horse the man named Strider. When she saw him her reaction to him was by far different htan her reaction to the spirit guide. She smiled as she saw the stallion being led out and she felt Grace move around to take a better look. She neighed softly in greeting.

“I think she remembers him. SO shall we? Where should we go? Perhaps a hunt out in the forest?”

She asked her eyes bright. She had brought her own bow, because frankly she never left home without it. She saw his bow was a bit bigger than hers and she wondered if she could even draw the thing. There would be time to find out if he allowed her. She knew she was protective of her own bow, though she was ok with letting one see and handle it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]

Frodo Silvertongue

That's just Claudius. He always seems nervous, but I think he's far from it. Stammer or summit, that's what he's got. he said simply, thinking about the new co-leader. He respected Claudius, held a great admiration for him. Although he didn't even know him that well...still, the agri-cultural project had been helped out a great deal by him. Frodo found himself smiling slightly when Eclipse said that she'd trust him. It was perhaps just a figure of speech, but it warmed his heart all the same. You were? he chuckled at her, his voice musical and rumbling. He couldn't quite imagine Eclipse as a puppy, but if he tried to hard, he would think she'd be a very cute one. Wotcha, most o'us could easily sneak in, s' just a matter of getting out again unnoticed, you follow?... he explained. Still, she might have been on to something. AniWaya wasn't very well protected any more, not with nobody in the warrior rank, and no scouts he could think of either. The war had taken its toll on the land, considerably so.

Frodo sensed his friend's dis contempt at the appearance of Pan, but she hid it well so he forced himself not to chuckle at her again. She was just too sweet. Yet as soon as she saw how calm Frodo was with the rat on his shoulder, she seemed to warm up to the idea of Pan being there. Indeed they'd have use of the spirit guide while on the hunt. Because Pan was helpful. When he wanted to be. This thought made Frodo seond guess himself and he shifted his head to give the rat a rather angry look. If Pan was a in a bad mood, he'd been known to torment people. Frodo couldn't have that. This was meant to be a good day, he need not have anything spoil it. I'm not quite sure meself, skipper. They're miracle creatures, somethin' of an animal, somethin' of a ghost. They guide us. Only AniWayan's 'ave 'em, so to speak. I 'aven't a diddy why. he mulled over this thoughtfully, scratching his chin. His eyes misted over for a minute or two, but then he shrugged and went back to normal.

When he finally took out Strider, Eclipse seemed to be pleased about the horse. Frodo grinned at her and patted the stallion's neck, his green eyes full of love and admiration for the horse. Strider licked his master's ear and nickered softly, trudging the earth beneath his hooves with heavy footing. Well.. Frodo started in reply to Eclipse's question, mid-jump as he mounted the horse. He straightened into a more comfortable position, locked his thighs around whiteness and steadied the red bow and quiver on his back. We'll go a ways off into a clearing north of here. There we can practice our bows. Then, if ye want, there's an injured buck I've been meanin' to scander.... he trailed off uneasily, wobbling from his position. He felt awkward asking for more than she'd bargained for, he'd only said he'd teach her about his bow, but he'd like it if she went hunting with him afterwards.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 358 OOC: Whew!!!!!

She nodded slowly in understanding, well sort of, as Frodo explained how Claudius talked. Well she guessed it was good that she wasn’t the one who made him stutter so. It made her feel a bit more comfortable. She smiled at he spoke of people sneaking in, but hard to sneak out. She remembered she never knew much about border laws. She was still really young and her parents had left by the time she was able to learn.

“I didn’t really know better until Foxglove told me that it isn’t a good idea.”

Eclipse said. The memory was fresh and she played with the tail of her scarf, in which the young woman had given to Eclipse on the second meeting. The explanation of the apparition on the man’s shoulder didn’t leave her any happier, but far more curious. Only happened to those who were AniWayan. She wondered if she too lived her if she would be able to get one. The thought of a spirit coming to her was a strange one.

“It is very strange. So they choose you? It is fascinating, but I know nothing of spirits or death. Not really.”

That thought made her uncomfortable and she was very happy to change the subject. He had jumped on his horse and voiced out where they would head. She nodded and brightened as he spoke of a buck that had been injured. She brightened at this and nodded. She was already in her own saddle as she reigned Grace towards the north.

“I would like that, it would be my pleasure to help you after all you have allowed me onto your lands, and to share your company.”

She blushed a little looking away. He was very nice and just the word hunt and she was there. She was a born hunter and it was the first thing her father had taught her. Though she was also one for plants. She loved gardening and growing things that she could use in her food. This day was just getting better and better!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]

716 / soooo long, I'm sorry xD
Frodo Silvertongue

The young man realised that his friend had yet to be satisfied with his answer. She was ever curious, wanting to know more, he could tell it on her face and soon enough she asked him a couple of questions too. She reminded him slightly of his cousin. His cousin had been constantly asking questions, all the time, questions which Frodo was more than happy to give the answer to, if he had it. That's why she'd usually tag along with him, rather than any of his siblings. His siblings were not nearly as patient with cousins, especially as she'd been so young. She'd been the daughter of an alpha, but had joined up with the gypsies after the death of her mother. Frodo missed his cousin's mother, his aunt. She hadn't been powerful, or strong, or even elegant, but she'd been through hardship and trial again and again, and was the proud mother of very litters. She was chosen as the alpha of the gypsy pack. Aunt Storm had actually asked him if he wanted to stay, even when his parents cast him out, but he was too ashamed to stay. In the end he had left.

Snapping back from his fond and not so fond memories, he reminded himself that Eclipse had asked him a question. He made eye contact with the pretty girl. Yes, they choose us. Just appear one day, no warnin' or nothin'. he paused, mulled over her words. We learn a lot about spirits, and death, in the pack. We perform a ritual when we're gone huntin', a ceremony for a death. That sorta blossom. he'd only recently learnt how to properly send off an animal once he'd killed it, but now he knew how he was glad to do it every time. He luckily hadn't seen a funeral yet, but he knew as much of what happened during them, from rumours. He had of course lived half his life in AniWaya. Plus, bringing up children meant you were constantly learning new things to tell them about.

They snapped their steeds towards the north and the conversation continued to flow. His face felt hot when she readily accepted his offer, even though he had been terribly hesitant and shy about it. He was never shy, so he had no idea why he seemed to be today. He assumed he must have eaten something bad. Deep down he knew the real reason was because he had a little crush on Eclipse, but he didn't dare let this get into his thoughts more than once. He was still as clumsy as a boy when it came to women. He shifted his green eyes to flash a thoughtful glance at Eclipse. Thanks. King of the tunnels will be pleased. he said without really thinking, then immediately wished he had not said anything confusing. Might be tricky, but I'm sure we'll catch the buck pronto. First lets see us some bows, though. he reminded himself as well as her. Flashing her a sly look he suddenly spurred his horse into a canter, unsure of whether or not she'd done too much on a horse but confident the little female would be able to keep ahold of Grace anyway.

He kept at a steady canter until the village had disappeared behind a row of trees, and they were well into the thick of the outskirts forests. Mud splattered against his calves from where Strider had rode through puddles a bit too vigorously, so he wiped himself down, embarrassed to be dirty in case Eclipse thought ill of him. Truth was, he was pretty good looking whatever he was covered in, although the modest man was quite unaware of that. He slowed to a trot and then stopped quickly in the center of a clearing. It was a terribly pretty place. There were trees all around with light shining through, little pieces of sky glowing brightly in the summer.

Frodo leapt down from Strider and patted the horse, watching his horse graze on some grass absently. Then Frodo walked over to Grace. He came over to Eclipse's side and handed her his paw to grab, something to steady her while she dismounted. He said no words but it was clear this was where they would begin.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 402 OOC: That's fine <3 and he's such a gentleman Big Grin

What he said made her think and think hard. She had always thanked her food in her own type of ritual and Ichika had a ritual all their own about hunting, but none of it was to send off the spirit of the animal she just killed. Raising her eyebrows she looked at him smiling as he tried brushing off the mud that splattered against his legs. Either he was a very clean man or he was trying to impress her. She said nothing though as Grace easily kept up with the stallion and Eclipse held on as well as she could. She did not speak as it did take much of her concentration to ride the animal at this pace. Talk would come when they stopped and worked on their bows.

Eclipse was quite taken with the scene before her as the meadow seemed to open its arms at her wide and welcoming. A grateful smile played across her lips as Frodo came to a stop and jumped down. He took the initiative to help Eclipse down and as she took his hand for help she blush, not embarrassed, but just happy. She jumped down with his help and straightened her fur a bit where she was sitting against Grace.

“Thank you... and perhaps you can show me this ritual if we get this buck, I have never really heard about sending off a spirit before.”

She truly was interested and wanted to know more. AniWaya was a place of old traditions and customs that had once belonged to humans, though she didn’t know the last part. She just liked that it had such traditions and that there was so much that went into the pack, even spirits seemed to want to help it by helping the members of the pack. She waited for Frodo to begin. It was his land after all and she was here to learn from him. Her tail swayed back and forth as she happily waited for him.

“And I hope I am not too rude to be asking, but what is the King of the tunnels?”

She asked remembering the question she wanted to ask him earlier when she couldn’t as it took a bit of concentration for her to keep up and not fall off the horse. She could ride, but she wasn’t always the best at it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]

300+ / lol ikr. Short post is short~ (I had muse but I had to go >.>)
Frodo Silvertongue

Frodo threw his friend a look to see what she thought of the area he had picked. He'd seen it as practical...of course he hadn't chosen it because it was beautiful. Or so he told himself. From the look on his face when he saw Eclipse seemingly staring at the place with awe, he was indeed lying to himself. He felt rather smug as he took her hand, making sure he had most of her weight. His paw lingered a little longer than it should have, but not disturbingly so as he was fast to unclutch it from her own. His gaze flickered away from her to let her brush herself down, and he answered her, his voice slightly distracted. Sure, it's pretty darn simple, I'll a-be glad ter home you in the ropes. he reached for his bow over his shoulder and took it out, holding the dark-red wood close to his chest.

King'o'tunnels...why, he is God, The One, The Hunter. Petri Tikka. he said solemly, knowing that probably would not help her cause. He shrugged simply, as if to tell her that's all he could say about the matter, although he wished that was not the case. He scratched behind his ear and then flashed her a goofy smile, before walking forwards, an arrow already knocked in his bow. He drew back the string and then rested a comfertable distance away from a tree in the centre of the clearing. Then he let go, and the peacock feather whizzed past and drummed into the wood with a quiet thump. That's what we be aimin' for. Here, you try. I a-wanna see how yer shoot. he said, handing her his bow and a single arrow. The arrows were fine and well made, but he was confident Eclipse would use them wisely. He trusted her, perhaps with everything he ever owned, although he was not quite sure why. He supposed she was just a generally likeable person, maybe everybody felt like that around her. There was also something protective in his mind, too, something that wanted to protect her from danger.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 516 ::OOC: BABBLE!!!!.

She was quick to notice he hadn’t let her go right away but she took that as a precaution to make sure she had herself on her own two feet. She watched as he took his bow out, a fine piece of work as she watched and listened. He spoke of god and Eclipse turned her head. The only god she heard of did not sound like this.

“That is odd I thought the mother was the god? She is the one who made all of this, that is what Razekiel said, he was my old alpha when I was in Ichika...”

She said her voice trailed away as she looked down. It wasn’t so hard speaking of the pack, though it was hard speaking of the members especially one she had a puppy crush on for so long. She knew she didn’t really love the man, it was a mere infatuation with the hippy male. She would let it rest though, there was no need to fight about things one could not see. Whatever the case if there was a god it definitely had a lot of different names if she and Frodo knew of one each, what did others think of? Her thoughts strayed away as he drew the bow and let an arrow fly. His poise was perfect, aim astounding and the concentration in his face... she flushed to think about what she thought of when she saw his face like that. She turned to see the arrow and heard him speak. Nodding she took the bow first but let him hold onto the arrow. She wanted to see the strength of the bow and the string and if she could bend it. It was only a bit bigger than her own, but strung tighter than hers, it must be a powerful thing. She thought as she pulled back to get an idea of the bow. Letting the string go slowly, so as to not snap her wrist she took the arrow with a kind smile. The arrow was made finely too. Compared to hers. Many of hers were reused, re made and others were brand new, she mixed and matched as she didn’t know when she could ever find another arrow again. Pulling back she aimed and let loose. The bow was tight and a fair bit harder to use than her own so it came to no surprise that the arrow she had loosed went at least a foot below the other, though it stuck in the tree. She smiled satisfied at least that she was able to do that.

“This really is a fine bow, where did you get it?”

She asked. looking at him as she handed him the bow back for his turn. He was a good shot and she knew in her mind he’d at least get the arrow quite close to where his first one was. She wasn’t rusty in no way, but his bow was new to her and she’d have to get use to it.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

471+ />//w//<
Frodo Silvertongue

Frodo mused Eclipse's words gently in his mind. He wasn't sure what to make of them...he'd always called God a 'he', but he'd never actually stopped to think about his actual gender. I ent sure...I think... I think tha' God hasn't a gender. he explained, though he didn't feel very wise as he said so. He felt as if something was missing from his knowledge but he didn't delve any deeper in fear of questioning something he had always thought to be right. He was quite happily distracted to see Eclipse take the bow from his hands, and he stepped back to watch her test the strings, pulling them back and snapping the arrow right at the tree. It landed more accurately than he would have expected for an unfamiliar bow, and this brought a proud smile onto his features. I made it, clogs an' wood an' all. he said rather bashfully, reaching to pull some stray fur out of his eyes. He felt rather shy telling her this, it was almost as if he was afraid of getting any compliments.

He took the bow back with a hesitant smile and again took the string in paw and knocked another arrow in place, letting it fly right into the bark once again. It struck near enough the same place his first one was, yet that was no surprise considering how used to the bow he was. He handed it Eclipse again, with three arrows for her to use this time. The trick with my bow is that the string is very loose... yer get the best effects if yer gently as she goes. he commented, his arms falling awkwardly to his sides to give her some space to try again. He wanted to watch her more closely this time, so his green eyes squinted slightly, to focus on her hands, their position on the wood and the string, if her fingers were in the correct place. He didn't really think of himself as an expert, but the truth was, he'd been learning the bow for an awfully long time, so he knew a lot of things about it.

As he watched her, his mind wavered to his children, and to how their experience would be when he would eventually teach them how to use a bow. This was simply teaching someone how to use /his/ bow, for Eclipse to learn different techniques, but he figured it would be even more exciting to teach a complete amateur. Just as it was ever so fun to bring Nate along on that hunt a few weeks back. He was pretty sure his children had an enthusiasm for learning by this point; Payne had been a little hesitant and shy in her first weeks, but by now she was starting to finally open up.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 318 OOC:

His words made her think and she smiled, it would make sense that the god would be genderless but she suppose that because there was always females or males they had to put a gender there somehow. She nodded seeing it was possibly one of those touchy subjects. She was still learning about spirituality and knew very little of it, though she was intrigued by other’s beliefs. Never challanging them, but asking questions she heard from one or the other, it helped give her a broad perspective.

“You made your bow? Really? That is amazing! I would be no good at it, but I suppose I know who to find to make me a fine bow if mine ever decides to break on me!”

She said wagging her tail. She took the bow back and he explained that his string was looser, and she wasn’t sure how much he meant by looser because she had a hard enough drawing it, but then he was also a man who was far stronger than her petite form. She nodded, taking the arrows. She was no good at succession shooting, but she would try in any case. She knocked the arrow and this one went above the target by an inch, taking the next one she looked at the man to see if her hands were where his had been, maybe they need to be positioned a certain way.

“Like this right?”

She was using the bow the way she would though her elbow was probably a little too low for this one, though she was nervous now because she wanted to make sure she got the shots rather than show him the poor skill she was showing him now. It was as though she were learnign the bow all over again, she didn’t know how much different one could be from another.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]