Hoplessly lost...
Many things happen to those who become fearful. Individuals get killed, or seriously hurt. Some become fearful when fighting for territory, for possessions, or even for mates. It just depended on what either side of the party anted more. There were even those that quested for power. Most had failed. But those who were able to taste its sweet nectar of success, over ruled all. It happens. It was life. It was survival. Something that Kyuubi knew all too well about.

Her past was like any other. Blood shed, breeding, giving life, eating, sleeping. Nothing new happened except the occasional roaming male that was looking for a pack or to steal a meal or a mate. Or to even take over a pack. Most of the time, her father would chase them off. Finally a brute came and her father found that he was no match for him. So the new leader was appointed and a new body was laid into the ground. All the females were constantly force bred. The new Omega wanted males. And lots of them. We kept few of the females while some of the others either died or ran off. Kyuubi being one of the ones to run. Now she ended up here.

Her life was hard. And she had learned to cope with it. She also developed the attitude to not take crap from anyone. Her slender black frame blended in with the shadows. Only sapphire eyes glowed in the moonlight. Eyes of a predator. Eyes of a killer. As she stepped out into the light, white was shown. Speckles of white was on her rump and right shoulder. Her tail was also tipped white and her socks on all four legs to the knee a charcoal color. She could almost be mistaken for a silver fox. Most knew that judging by her size, she was no fox.

As she sat back on her haunches, she let out a howl to call others. To call the Higher Ranks mainly. She wanted in on this pack. And she hoped the Higher Ranks would let her.

((For some reason, a l p h a kept changing to omega. So I put it as higher ranks.))
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
Yeah, right now we’re having a game where the Cake Eaters set the board to change certain words to silly phrases. First one to find all 23 words that have been changed, wins. Welcome to Souls!

Leadership had never been something Phoenix sought. He had originally been given the rank of Gamma because he had impressed the previous @lpha with his sense of responsibility and duty. It was that same sense that prevented him from declining, against his better judgment. Content to spend the rest of his life as Jager Fuhrer, Phoenix was a family man. All he really wanted was to raise his children; but then Gibraltar, in a bought of depression, ran off and dropped the pack at his feet. So once again, Phoenix had been forced to take on the mantle of leadership, this time the dread epoch of @lpha.

That wasn’t to say it was not without its perks. Phoenix enjoyed helping others, and as @lpha he could do that more easily. Still, this pack was not about to give out charity to strangers. His primary responsibility was to the Place of Lightning and Thunder and his pack-mates, and everyone else came secondary or even tertiary. When the call came in Phoenix reluctantly set off for the border, pausing only to tell his daughter she couldn’t tag along this time. It broke his heart to once again have to leave her, but he couldn’t risk her being there if this was some trouble-maker calling for him rather than a potential joiner.

When he arrived on the scene Phoenix automatically assumed a dominant stance. His multi-hued green eyes scanned the smaller female, taking her in and assessing her for any contributions or dangers she might offer the pack. “G’day to you,” the massive coffee-colored dog spoke. “I’m Phoenix, @lpha of St0rm. What business brings you t’my borders?”
[/html]
She signed again as she stood there waiting for the @lpha. Man, did every coyote had to wait this long? She knew it was a test of patience however, so it did not bother her much. She sighed as she laid on the ground, the breeze ruffling her fur a little. It chilled as she shivered. "Great. The temperature is dropping." she grumbled. Her ears pinned so that way it would keep the wind out. Looking up,s he saw another coyote appear in front of her. Instantly, she adjusted her butt to hide her tail and laid still on the ground.

"Me? Why I come here? Well, I seek the pack you are in to join. Anything I need to do to prove myself?" she asked as she kept her blue optics on him. He was very muscular indeed. His scars from what she thought she saw proved he was in many battles, and he stood tall. Like a coyote of some important rank. She shrugged it off as she kept her harks on the male to listen for a reply. "I am Kyuubi of the Deserts to the south. I am not used to it being so cold here... it feels like it will snow. Don't you think?" she asked.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position:bottom center;">
Hope you don’t mind the lack of substance but I’m a bit pressed for time.

A wry smile grazed Phoenix’s muzzle at the newbie’s question. He himself thrived in cold weather, thanks to his unapparent arctic heritage. But this dog was unused to it... and this was just the beginning hint of winter. The worst was yet to come. Come to think of it, the “unusually warm for winter” was yet to come as well. “You’re gonna hafta get used t’the cold if you wanna live here,” the aIpha said, tilting his head back to look up at the sky. “I think th’weather’s quite nice for this time a’year. ‘Bout a week ago we were havin’ some flurries. Least now th’Loony Luna’s out.”

He returned his full attention to the dog after a moment to address the more pertinent question brought to bear. “I’m glad I don’t hafta explain how this works,” he said. “Skills are a must. An’ I’m guessing you were in a pack ‘fore? What made you leave?” If she had been exiled or left cvoluntarily because she didn't get along with others, then he would need to know before allowing her into his pack. the Place of Lightning and Thunder was a peaceful place, and the last thing they needed was some troublemaker in the ranks.
[/html]
She nodded as he asked the question she expected to come. "I left because my old @lpha was over bearing and power hungry. He kept threatening and even killed the pups we had just to mate. Yes, I did not get along with others only because they were agreeing with him and his decisions. His outrageous attempts for power eventually killed off the pack. I witnessed this myself when I was still running by them to make sure at least the pups would survive. We had at least eight wolves in the pack."

She said as she stayed low. She hoped that she would not be rejected because of this. "There was nothing I could do." she sighed as she looked to the ground. "And don't worry. I will get used to the snow. It is just.... different that's all." she smiled as she looked back up at him and kept her harks on him, awaiting his next answer. Would he let her join? Or was she to be tossed back out into the snow?
[html]
It was a paradox. Those who craved power the most were the ones who did not know what to do with it. They abused it, and in the process abused the very ones they were supposed to be protecting. St0rm's previous aIpha had been accused of abusing his authority and exiling wolves who didn't deserve it. Phoenix hoped that he never grew complacent with the authority he held, yet on the converse side he didn't want to be an inept leader and not deal with a troublemaker when he had to--that was almost as bad. At least the females of the Place of Lightning and Thunder wouldn't ever have to worry about being forced to breed. Phoenix had a daughter that had gone through such trauma, though fortunately she hadn't been impregnated, now Phoenix was especially on guard against such crimes.

Phoenix nodded solemnly, acknowledging that she had probably done the right thing by escaping while she could. Yet he did not offer any words of condolences; such empty words were usually meaningless to him and thus he didn't expect them to be of any comfort for other wolves. "Y'won't hafta worry 'bout that sorta thing here in the Place of Lightning and Thunder," he reassured her. "We're a peaceful pack, an' we take care of our own. But taht also means that any new members have t'be able t'contribute to th'welfare of the whole. What skills could you provide for the Place of Lightning and Thunder?"
[/html]
As she listened to the male, she saw that she was getting some where. Which was a good thing indeed. At least she did not have to worry about those problems, like he had said. He then asked her what could she contribute to the pack. She nodded as she started. "Well, I can say I am a skillful hunter through my experiences of hunting. I can even take down the swifty snow shoe rabbit which I know is hard to catch. Even in frozen lakes I have learned to break the ice to get fish if there is lack of food. I am also a skilled fighter. I don't look strong because of my build, but I am strong and most of the time I use strategy rather than brute strength. You have to use both if you are to win a battle. I am also a good care-taker as well. I do not know if you have care takers here, but I know how to take care of pups, even if I do not have any of my own and I protect them with my life." she said to him with a smile, now sitting up and facing him, but still lower than he. "I will show you." she said as she went to the lake that was nearby. Of course it was frozen. She checked to see how frozen before she started clawing at it. With both of her paws, she began clawing at the surface of the ice. Then she would use her fangs to chew at it to get the chunks out of it. She did this several times before a large crack sounded and she was able to pull out a rather frozen fish. Setting on the ground in between them, she smiled at her victory with the crystallized liquid.

She remembered what her father had told her. He was the on e who instructed her on how to fight and what to do in a battle. He showed her several ways to bring down the stamina and energy of an enemy and conserving her own. He even showed her how to get the fish out of the lake. It wasn't that hard. Memories of her father flashed through her mind. Memories of him being killed right before him were scarred into her brain. A frown appeared on her face as she looked to the ground in thought. Remembering why she was here, she snapped out of it and stood awaiting his answer.
[html]
Well… that leaves Phoenix waiting quite a long time, haha. No worries, though.

By the way… is your character a shifter or not? I forgot to have you fill out the personnal info form that all joiners have enter. I’ll also need how you heard about Souls and your character’s age. Remember, if she’s had kids, then she probably can’t be less than two years old.

If Phoenix had to name the one skill that was more important than any others, it would probably be hunting. So long as a dog could hunt, they could take care of themselves, and even the rest of the pack, if resources were as plentiful as the skills. The massive male was not as concerned with fighting skills, but they could come in handy too, especially in these… volatile times. Pupsitting was his job; and besides she’d have to earn their trust before he allowed her alone with his children. But her skills were sufficient in his mind, her history without reason to give him worry, and her personality (seemingly) compatible with the other wolves of St0rm. The AIpha was about to accept her into the ranks of his pack when she suddenly ran off towards the river, volunteering to catch a fish for him.

Not seeing the harm in it, Phoenix followed after, a slightly amusing smirk playing across his muzzle. She certainly seemed easy to please, but he supposed that was better than being stubborn and not caring about what anyone thought of her. Usually that kind of attitude accompanied asinine behavior, something he’d rather not have to put up with. “Really, y’don’t hafta…” he began put was cut off by the completion of her task. Phoenix looked admiringly at the fish before returning his gave to the female and shaking his head. The long braid of unruly mane dangling from his neck bobbed up and down with this action.

“Not bad,” he complimented. “There’re a number of wolves here who know how t’start fires. If y’work with ‘em t’thaw ‘em out, y’might make this winter a lot easier on all of us. Welcome t’the Place of Lightning and Thunder, Kyuubi. Subordinates th’rank we give all new members. There’re just a couple rules y’need to know, an’ I’m sure you can figure out th’rest. First, there’s a dog clan east a’here, set up territory ‘round the beaches. They don’t like wolves, so stay away from ‘em. Second, animals which are friends, not food are off-limits ‘round here. They’re hard t’catch anyway, but just in case you have an opportunity t’eat one, don’t. We got a member here that has… close connections with the critters. There’re some caves on th’west side of our territory, you can pick one out for a h0me if y’don’t feel like diggin’ a den.” His initiation speech done, Phoenix shuffled his legs to keep them from falling asleep as he awaited her response.
[/html]
((YEah, she be a shifter. And I will work on that form right now. oh and I have Link))

Kyuubi nodded as she listened intently to the wolfs words. So there were certain animals that she could not eat eh? It wasn't like she wasn't picky. She tended to be most of the time. The Caribou and the Deer were all she needed. Occasionally, she would go fishing. Then she heard about wolves being able to start fires. That was awesome. Maybe they could teach her too! She smiled as he then told her about the dogs. Maybe for a little fun, but it was a rule not to go near them. She nodded in acknowledgment. "Thank you. And I think I will go find the cavern dens, although I tend to be warmer digging my own. I'll figure it out for myself thanks." she smiled as she padded onto the pack borders and into the mist that was now developing.

Sounds of an owl sounded over head as she continued on. Where were the pack lands anyway? THUD! The next thing she knew, her nose was on fire! As she whined and looked up, she ran into the side of a rock. She sneezed as some blood came out of it. Walking around the rock, she decided that this was an okay place to make a den. Seeing an old fox hole, she used her claws to make it bigger. Dirt went flying everywhere as she dug deeper and deeper. Finally, the dirt stopped when she got it the size she wanted it to be. It went deep and as it got to the main part, it almost looked like a birthing den. She liked large places to sleep in. As she turned three times, she laid down and sighed heavy. Well this is her new h0me. She may as well make the best of it. She knew that she would need help shifting too, and she knew there were w0lves here to help her.
[html]
Welcome to Bleeding Souls!

Hey, welcome to Bleeding Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of dog roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update the postlog at the very bottom of your profile according to the threads you're in.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]

Happy Thanksgiving!