Comfort of the stranger
[html]
WC: 250 OOC:Eclipse is of course in Optime, bow on her back, quiver as well, her hair is tied with a purple scarf, and she's on a horse. Love her!

Eclipse had much on her mind, mostly about the man she was enjoying her company with. Frodo. He was real nice and no one had stuck to her mind as he did. She had three meetings with the very nice, very handsome and very selfless man. She wondered why a man like him had no mate. It was good for her though. She had envisioned herself next to him and blushed at the thought.

She headed out furhter than usual, but she wanted new scenery. The Ethereal was nice and all but she missed the open ground and she did not wish to be on her home territory. Whenever she practiced with her bow it was always away from any civilization. She had made the mistake of shooting someone, though in fear. She did not wish to do so again. She was on Grace, who seemed grateful to get away from her colt and rode east towards the shattered coast. Perhaps the sea would give her a good change she wanted. Somehow one side of the sea was different from the one Cercatori was on and though it didn’t give her more peace, it gave her peace of mind she would be able to practice without worrying about anyone.

Eclipse was a ways from there though and she was not in a hurry, in fact she was just nearing the borders of the trees now, seeing more and more sunlight as the horse grew closer to the edge of the forest.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +400
OOC here!

This was horrible. Terrible. A nightmare! For weeks she had thought she was pregnant, and now she found out she was not. She wished she had never gone to Cour des Miracles... as if that would have changed anything. She wished she had never gotten excited and spread the news about her pregnancy through her pack, to her mate, to her mother. She wished, she wished... and she wanted to be alone. They only planned to spend one more day near the Court, and despite the news the stubborn alphess still wanted to go to Casa di Cavalieri to see her sister even though she could no longer gush over being pregnant, so she and Jiva would leave on the morrow for the Casa. But for now, the alphess of New Dawn meandered aimlessly through the unclaimed territory just outside of the Court, hoping some time among the wild would clear her head.

How had they confirmed Ayita's diagnosis that this pregnancy was false? After much deliberation and convincing, Titania transformed. She had been so far along in her pregnancy – or what she thought was a pregnancy – that if she changed it would have been traumatic to her body. But when she did there had been no affect. No pains, no labor, and of course no nearly-aborted babies. She had shifted in front of her own mother, and when she came into her Optime shape crying, her mother held her and comforted her just as she had when she was a puppy. At least Orin was around when she found out the news.

“I don't want to believe it...” she muttered to herself as she picked up a stone and chucked it at a tree. It glanced off, and Titania wanted the violence to satisfy her tumultuous spirit, but it did not, and that only served to anger her more. Why! Why would Luna do this to her? What had she done? She worked hard to build the pack, she loved Zalen with all her heart. Was their love not enough? What if he thought she did not love him enough?

“Oh... no,” she stopped abruptly and turned her eyes to the sky, though there was no moon waiting for her in the daylight. Her heart leaped into her throat and tears stung her eyes as the innocent alphess came to the only natural conclusion... “Does he not really love me?!”

firefly come back to me, make the night as bright as day
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
WC: 258 OOC: haha I couldn't help it! I wanted her to fall off a horse and this was the perfect chance hehehe.

It was the rock hitting the tree that set things in motion. It spooked Grace who reared and threw her rider, though she ran, it was only for a few feet. THe mare could not see there was any danger and noticed she spooked for no reason. Eclipse however rolled on the ground as she had the air knocked out of her lungs. Nothing was broken but she felt as though she had been split in half for a few moments. As she recovered from the fall she heard someone speaking in a tone almost too soft for her to hear, but she heard crying too. She got up holding her ribs as though they would fall apart if she were to let go and walked toward the woman who was the one that threw the stone and now talking to herself.

“Does who not love you?”

Eclipse’s own voice was shallow from her fall but she knew she would recover. The horse was many feet back and she stood alert looking at Eclipse and the new woman. She even gave Eclipse a warning neigh but the girl ignored it. She walked closer to the red and white woman but kept a fair distance when she did finally stop. She was breathing heart to get her blood pumping and her nerves to understand she was in working condition and they can make her stop hurting now.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +300
OOC Poor Eclipse!

Somewhere not far off a horse startled and reared up, and Titania whirled to see hooves kicking in the air far off. There was a streak of brown as someone was thrown from the beast just before she ran. The alphess was shocked, she had been so distracted that she didn't even notice the horse and rider until all the commotion happened. She didn't even think to go see if the woman was hurt, she just stood there looking dumb for a minute until the gasping woman got up and started walking towards her.

Some might get tense in this moment, with a stranger coming toward them in an unfamiliar land, but the worst thing that could ever happen to Titania had just happened and she did not have the will to fear a stranger right now. Okay, maybe she would have guarded herself against a more foreboding stranger, but this one wasn't really all that threatening. She was just another woman, like herself, and she did not seem threatening, especially not the way she was hugging her bruised ribs.

Her ears perked when the woman asked her question. Well, she supposed it was a fair enough one to ask seeing as she had just been thrown from the horse because of her. “My mate,” she replied. And then all her Alphess pride whooshed into her core like metal to a magnet, and she would not give a stranger any reason to think she doubted Zalen's love. “I was reciting Shakespeare.” She lied, covering her tracks and hopefully deterring the woman from the point. But she still couldn't cover up the way she looked positively distraught, like she had been crying recently.

“Are you alright?” she asked, not knowing that once, a few months ago, this very woman and her own mother had had a stand off full of bows and arrows and misunderstanding. “That was a nasty fall.” This was a good way of distracting her from the problem - remind her of her own physical pain.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
WC: 329 OOC: Hehe she'll be fine, just a dump. Not a true cowboy without being thrown off a horse right? haha

She was able to finally get her breath and straightened up. She didn’t know why she had gone to the female, but she did and struck up a conversation in a ways. The woman spoke but seemed in a way to contradict her words. She tilted her head a little, the pain receding more as the woman spoke.

“Why would you... i’m sorry that is none of my business. I must have hit my head too when i fell off the horse. My name is Eclipse Soulstorm.”

She said putting her hands together automatically in the old Ichikan greeting and bowed her head. to the woman. She seemed distraught in a way. Eclipse shrugged at the woman. She grinned a little.

“I’ve had worse... I don’t know how many accidents I’ve been my whole life, I would have to say the worse I got into was a fire and an arrow right here. A fall off a horse is nothing.”

She pointed to her shoulder where the arrow had dug in. She had no clue that this woman was the daughter of the woman that had done this before. She took the time though to look the woman up and down. Boy she was pretty. Envy went over Eclipse. She could never hold herslef with such self assurance.

“I cannot see why your mate wouldn’t love you anymore. I think many men would die to be your mate.”

She said and suddenly blushed looking away. She was in no way attracted to females, but it just made her feel strange saying those words to the woman as though she were some kind of man giving the woman a compliment. The horse gave another warning nicker at Eclipse, her tail swishing. Eclipse looked over to the chestnut mare and frowned at her, then turned her attention at the woman, who seemed to need more attention than anything.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +700
OOC Poor Eclipse!

She noticed that the woman was about to ask more about what was wrong with her, and she appreciated it when she stopped. Her eyes looked the sand and brown colored woman over to see if she was bleeding anywhere, but she didn't see or smell any blood so she figured if anything she must have just been bumped around a bit. People didn't die from being a little knocked around... did they? The alphess was inexperienced, and knew little about what could harm a body to the point of death.

“Maybe you should sit down,” she offered, gesturing to an old fallen tree. It would make a nice place to sit. The girl seemed nice enough, she surely wasn't all territorial over her or this place and she liked that, so she walked over to the log and sat down and patted the spot next to her. Maybe the woman would feel less threatened if she sat down with her, she thought, instead of looming over her.

The greeting she gave though, it made Titania think. She had seen it before... from her pack's old friends, the Ichikans. It was a common greeting gesture. Had this woman been one of them before they disbanded? “It's nice to meet you, even if you had to get a little bumped up for it to happen. I'm Titania Moonsong, of New Dawn.” She was about to ask if the woman had been an Ichikan, but she would have been interrupting so she let Eclipse continue.

Her eyes flicked and she thought she could see a small circlet where the arrow had punctured the woman, but she might have just been imagining in because she wanted to see it. She nodded affably, smiling. “That must have hurt. I've never been shot, thankfully, and I hope not to, either.” She grinned.

Then she said something that might have made Titania blush, only she was sort of used to those comments by now, and kind of expected them being an Alphess and all. Not that she didn't appreciate it all the same, and her ego wasn't that inflated, but it was starting to become known to her that she wasn't exactly displeasing to the eye. Still, she smiled graciously and shook her head, although she didn't go as far as to disagree with her. “Thank you, but... I mean, maybe many men would be my mate, but would they love me? Zalen is my mate, and he loves me. I know it. At least, I thought so...”

Her voice grew meek, it was a very uncharacteristic thing for her. Her eyes finally fell away from her new friend and cast down to her hands as she twisted her fingers together. She didn't want to think about it, she had hoped that they could just keep talking about Eclipse falling off the stupid horse or if she was an Ichikan or not... she sighed and looked at her fat belly. “I thought I was pregnant.” She still held the weight, she had only found out a day ago after all, but now she was starting to convince herself that the chub was all wrong, and that she should have noticed sooner. “I came to visit my mother in the Court and tell her that she was going to be a grandmother, but she could tell something was wrong. We went to see her friend, a midwife, and she told me that my pregnancy was false. A hormonal pregnancy, and that was all... just a silly girl... no... babies...” she gasped out the last word as emotion wrenched her throat closed. She dropped her head into her hands, more out of embarrassment than anguish. She was grief stricken that she was not pregnant, but now the humiliation of it all was starting to sink in too.

“I did not even know it could happen. I didn't know how to tell. I told my mate that we were going to have puppies... I told the entire pack... and now I... how do I go back home and tell him I lied?” The alphess was lost, so lost that she turned her eyes to the stranger, seeking intimate answers from an unknown soul.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
WC: 432 OOC:

The woman offered a seat next to her, Eclipse did not think twice and it felt much better to sit. Even the woman had a beautiful name, Eclipse thought as she introduced herself. Much better than a Soulstorm... Moonsong, it was a hope for the future where her own was a torment from the past. She put too much into her name though and she’d just have to shrug it off.

“It was more of an accident really, I don’t think either of us wanted to. She shot at me and I her, we were pretty scared. In fact it happened somewhere in the forest over there.”

She siad thinking of Orin and her timid ways. She had been paranoid and she forgot who she asked she was aligned to. It had been a strange day. Though strange days were days one tends to remember best, she mused to herself. They got back on the subject at hand and Eclipse didn’t pressure the woman to speak. She let her do it on her own time. Her ears moving back and forth. Eclipse had no experience what so ever in pregnancy and she had no idea what it meant to be a hormonal pregnancy, but it seemed the woman genuinely thought she was going to have pups, now that Eclipse looked harder she could see well enough why the woman would, she looked proportionate to that of a pregnant female, but even so, Eclipse didn’t speak until Titania was finished.

“You don’t think your mate loves you … because you didn’t get pregnant? I don’t know about anything like that, but if he wants to be with you and he says he loves you and he shows it, I think that matters more. As for the lying thing, maybe your body lied but you truly thought you were. Do you really think you were lying to your pack? I think you believed it and that alone means you were telling the truth you knew.”

Philosophical stuff... Eclipse had never been good at it, though she was basically trying to tell the woman she was not lying in the first place. Now love she had no idea about that, it was not her strong point, in fact it was one of the weakest points she had in her tiny little life. The love she had was always shared at a distance. Even with those she knew she could love, she was just too afraid to get close, but she thought she did pretty well... maybe.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]