[aw] We are the 99%
[html]
set in hydrostone district

He got out of his pack, away from everyone else. It was not his desire to flee the other members of the Kingdom, but a desire to flee the kingdom for a day or two. Nothing would befall them, that was true, and doubtless they did not much need him to begin with. He stole out from the kingdom with nothing but the clothes on his back and the sack he had strapped his arms into. He figured he could visit a district of the city he had never been to before. Mostly, he stuck to the areas closest to the Court so he could head home that much faster. Now he figured he should find some time to spend in the districts he hadn't before.

Strel set out as soon as he woke and before anyone could find him and ask him for things. The district itself was less than impressive than he'd figured, though he managed to locate the business district fast enough. Yet, he passed by the windows without so much as a second look, for nothing seemed interested and plenty of doors looked open already. His eyes kept passing over everything, and he ended up sitting on an old wooden bench and staring at the cracked sidewalk. This was so much better in his head, and there was nothing for him to do here.

His eye caught a couple of rabbits hopping by the nearest abandoned park, the grass long overgrown and the trees growing rampant through the street. If he had been so inclined, he would have caught himself a few rabbits and prepared a meal for the night, but instead, he sat on a bench in the middle of the afternoon staring at the road like it was going to swallow him up. What was he supposed to do with himself now? Maybe force himself to browse around. Maybe.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#e0b3e5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#eec4f3 0px 0px 3px; }
.sanctuary2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#eec4f3; text-align:center; text-shadow:#27034b 0px 1px 1px;}
.sanctuary2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 35px 0px 35px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary2 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#452286; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Bp74G.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/tW6E3.png); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e0b3e5; padding: 80px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#ae9cc7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.sanctuary2-b {width:492px; border:1px solid #1a0333; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 264 OOC: BWAHAHAHA what did i tell you!!!

Eclipse had finally got the gall to visit the place that was called Halifax, and she wasn’t disappointed. She found many things she could use and had put the silverware and even cooking utensils in her bag. Her new pots were in no way able to fit in the bag, so she had the biggest on her head. It was actually nice, especially out in the sun. She had done this before and felt no need not to do it. The young woman went from shop to shop finding different things, but not cleaning them out. She had burst out in front of Robert that one day about having nothing, well it wasn’t so now!! She was in the middle of looking through some books, thinking of the young man when a huge rat came chasing out after her. SHe let out a high pitched scream, throwing the pot she had in her hand but it missed bounced off a display and went straight through the window, making a loud crashing sound. Her heart beat against her breast as she ran out, frightened by both the rat and the sound the pan has caused after it broke the glass.

She ran and found something to hide behind, a bush, her eyes the only thing that peeked out as she watched to see if the huge fat thing would follow the poor defensless girl. She had never met a rat nor had she ever seen the after effects of what happened when glass broke. It scared the daylights out of the poor girl.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
eeee es a shaw

Strel jumped at the yell, the sack smacking against his back. He turned quickly, eyes widened and his gaze surprised at the young woman who screamed bloody murder. His eyes shot around, looking for the source as he stood on his guard. Heart heavy and beating fast, the Dauphin wondered what was going. A split second later, a resounding crash and shatter of glass rang out in the business district, making the redheaded man jump further back in a battle pose, even though he was absolutely useless at all things battle related. He slowly moved toward the shop, but almost instantly a figure sped out of it before he could so much as step five feet from his little wooden bench.

He watched as the young woman ran out of the shop, clearly frightened. The window had been broken from whatever it was she had done and lay in pieces on the ground in front of the shop. It seemed like there was plenty of broken glass in the shop too, from what he could tell. She cowered behind the bush, eyes boring into the store. Strel stared at it too, wondering what was in there. Nothing happened. He furrowed his brows and approached the young woman. "What happened? You okay?" he asked, wondering if there was something in the store that might not like anyone trespassing. Strel watched her carefully, too, to see if she was the one who was unstable and like to chuck things to make loud noises for shits and giggles.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#e0b3e5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#eec4f3 0px 0px 3px; }
.sanctuary2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#eec4f3; text-align:center; text-shadow:#27034b 0px 1px 1px;}
.sanctuary2 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#452286; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Bp74G.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/tW6E3.png); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e0b3e5; padding: 80px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#ae9cc7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 251 OOC:

The man that came was entirely unexpected and she was entirely embarrassed about her actions now that she knew it had been witnessed, he was out in the open and the fat thing didn’t seem inclined to leave the safety of the store especially after she threw the pot at it. She was glad about that. She didn’t want it coming out for her after all.

“This big, fat ugly.... thing, it just attacked me when I picked up a book. Jumped out of nowhere with these fangs like nothing i’ve ever seen

She said standing up. He was enormous compared to her five foot nine, but she was used to that so looking up was no big deal to her, and she smiled sheepishly about her stupid actions. Seeing the pot where it had landed in the middle of the glass. Still as naive as anyone who had never handled glass she started toward it to retrieve her pot. She had to have it back, so she walked into the fine display of glass intending to get her pot back. She was determined. But the second she got anywhere near the glass she felt something cut deep into her skin and she yelped jumping back and hopping on one foot. She jumped back cringing in pain before she fell off balance. She looked at her foot as she saw blood welling up where an invisible wound was and the blood was coming out fast now.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
posties posties

Strel furrowed his brows at her, entirely confused. Her description was so vague that he could only guess at what she had stumbled upon inside of the store. But, he relaxed, knowing that there was nothing particularly bad in there except for common pests. "Big thing?" he repeated, wondering what on earth that could mean. It had fangs, according to her, but it could have been anything. "Was it a cat?" he asked her, knowing that it probably wasn't. He hadn't heard any hissing, nor could he smell a single cat. And they all had their distinct scents with the overlay of the feline odor. No cat, maybe something else?

The girl got up and went to the glass, and before the man could tell her to stay back, she stumbled over the shattered stuff. She tried to reach her pot - which he understood now to be the reason the glass shattered in the first place - and then things went bad. She started to cry out with pain as she stumbled back on her feet, and then fell. Strel rushed to her side, though he was still fairly calm about it. He knelt beside her foot and furrowed his brows at it. There was a cut, oh yes, but it was hidden underneath a bunch of blood. He pulled out some old linen he kept in his bag and began to wrap it around her foot, tightly securing it with a thick knot. "Don't you know better than to walk on glass?" he asked her, partially agitated that she was so silly as to think she'd be fine. "What were you doing in there, anyway?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 369 OOC:

He asked her the stupidest question, at least she thought it was stupid. Who would be scared of a cat? Then thinking about the large tiger and her fear at first, and then the cougar... ok she could be scared of one, but she knew he must be talking about the small kind, the kind that she could easily punt across the district. Her thoughts weren’t entirely on that, as she wanted her pot, and when she stepped on the glass she knew it was a bad thing. Her eyes had watered as she sat to examine it, but there was nothing but blood. She bit her lip to keep from crying out though. She would not cry out. She was stronger than that.

“Well.... no... I do now... geeze, what the heck? Why does it do that, why did it cut me like that?”

She asked examining her pad. It was pretty bad, at least that was how it looked. The man with the red hair wrapped her foot and the blood soaked that and he looked at him with a mix of apology and thankfulness.

“I was looking at some books. My friend he loves reading, but he doesn’t get out very much I thought I could grab him something he doesn’t have.”

She admitted. Then looked back where the glass was... and now the pot she could not have back sat, taunting her, laughing saying she couldn’t have it back. She took the pot she had on her head off, and bit her lip a little.

“Then this hairy animal just came out of nowhere it was fat, and it’s feet and tail were bare and it’s teeth were huge and it’s eyes beady and black. It scared me. I never saw a monster like it!”

She looked over at the man. She wasn’t about to ask him to go and kill it for her. After all she must have been in it’s territory.... she was just surprised when it attacked and the fact she never saw such a thing caused her to panic. It was rare to see the young woman panic.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
posties posties

He scoffed at the girl as he wrapped it, wonder what kind of silly tree she fell from to be so goofy. "It did that because it's sharp. It's not exactly dull in pieces." The linen was old, but it was clean, so it ought not be a problem. If it was, that's what healers were for and the girl would find one on her own since he was fairly useless. He sat back and admired his work; it was nothing beautiful but it would do for now. She smiled at him, with gratitude and he tipped his nose at her in answer. It was nothing, and bleeding was never nice. Attracted the wrong kind of attention.

Books? Just books? What good were they? The letters on the pages were all unknown to him, except for a word here and there in any book. Fashion books and papers were easier to understand for the illiterate Dauphin. It was always the pictures that he loved the most. "And did you find any?" he asked, keeping the amused tone out of his voice as he eyed the pot on her head. She took it off, and he shook his head. He looked confused at her description, then looked at the dark store. "You talking about a rat?" he asked, figuring it had to be a rat or a mouse, but mice were a lot less terrifying than rats, who could be the size of a cat.

Strel stood and looked into the dark store, knowing that he could easily deal with a rat. "Would you like to try again in there? I'll try to help as best as I can." He leaned over and offered the young woman a hand up, ready to pull her back to her feet.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 324 OOC: You got your spree hehe Big Grin

She fiddled with the pot for a little bit before standing up, and testing the bandage. THere was no sharp pain in her foot, only a dull throbbing one, but that she could ignore.

“I didn’t even know glass COULD break.”

She didn’t stick around too many towns or cities to find out about the glass, it was just one of those boring things that stuck to the wall to her. She shrugged, and looking at him as he asked her if it was a rat she shrugged.

“I have never heard of a rat before... but it was mean.”

At his offer she looked in the building that held books and thought, she would like to give Robert something, he did, after all, help her find her house, and she could bug him about hunting again and this would give her an excuse to bug him about it.

“If it jumps out at me again? I don’t know about you but even something that small shouldn’t be that fast and that mean!”

She admitted. She wasn’t going to be laughed at, though she was cautious when it came to things she had a bad experience of. This would make that boy laugh at her even more. She thought as she flushed a little. Her actions had been pretty rash, though how did she expect the glass to break? It had been so sturdy already, just the touch of the pot as it bounced into it shattered the whole thing. Well there was no glass to break now, it was already in shards.

“Yes... if you could help me I’ll be grateful!”

She said, though she owed the man for the bit of cloth anyway, she’d have to do something nice for him as he was being quite nice to her and she didn’t even know why!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Strel gave her a funny look, genuinely confused about this young woman. "You've.. never seen broken glass? You've never dropped anything?" It seemed so bizarre, that he could hardly believe it at all. He had broken plenty of glass and stumbled around plenty of broken windows in the city. Had she never been to a looted town? "Have you never seen glass, for that matter?" he asked incredulously, light surprise peppering his face. But she had clearly not really known what a rat was, either. There had been plenty of rats in the ruins near his home pack and he had learned quickly that rats were no friends to pups.

"Yes, well.. they're mean and they bite. They also get very angry and territorial. Word of advice, break its back before it gives you a nasty bite, especially the cat sized ones." He put his hands on his hips, elbows jutting out as he inspected he standing girl. She seemed alright, though her foot was clearly injured. "Oh, we'll be fine. You probably scared it to death." Strel eyed the woman's foot, watching to see if she flinched from pain. She didn't, though it seemed tender, which was clear. At least it wasn't hurting as hard. "Let's go, we'll find you something. Though you'll have to read the titles for me. I don't know too many words." He led the way into the store, carefully avoiding the shards of glass.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 342 OOC:

She shrugged. It wasn’t every day one handled glass was it? She had few glass things and did her best not to break them as one had precious spices in it, enough to make it almost seem like pure gold and she could not always find such thing. So all she could do was shrug really. She rolled her eyes when he asked if she ever saw glass.

“Of course I have. My house has windows. Just that I don’t try to break everything I get my paws on.”

She said indignatious but seeing as he was trying to help her she wouldn’t continue on. She was just lucky in the way of not being near any broken glass before. Now she knew and now she would keep away. He spoke of her scaring the rat to death and she hoped so, though she wasn’t sure she wanted to see a dead rat in the middle of the floor but remember... it was an expression not an actuality. It was her turn when he spoke about not knowing all the words. She blinked a few times not sure what to say. Anyone and everyone she met was literate. So much so it seemed almost an anomaly that he did not know how to read. She began making an argument against this, that he was teasing her or something but then shut her mouth.

“Well... if you find something with pictures on them, like the stars on it or something, that might be helpful. My friend he’s picky about what he wants to do, and says being outside is nonsense pretty much. I want to prove him wrong. He just has a really hard head.”

Eclipse said as they entered the store, though she took a few seconds to stop at the doorway to make sure the coast was clear before moving in anymore. There was no sign of what Strel had called a rat, which she had no reason to disbelieve him about.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
changing up the game!
wordcount ► 284

Strelein nodded at her, putting the image of stars and their various variations into his head. It was dark inside of the store, but his eyes adapted quickly to the change in light. Plus the windows were so wide and there was plenty of sunlight streaming through the big gaping hole that the young girl had left in the window. Why was he helping her? He really didn't know. Maybe it was just so that he could distract himself with something, even if he didn't know her name or her allegences. He wasn't so sure he'd be helping someone from Anathema or that mysterious pack, Salsola. From what he'd heard, there were more pack forming further northwest. Not that he cared much; he had been in the Court for three years and that was unlikely to change.

The girl paused at the doorway and the Dauphin glanced at her curiously. "It's okay, you'll be fine. It won't mess with two of us here," he said, reassuringly, even though he was no expert in rats or vermin. He preferred hare and deer to rat and mouse, though some of his kind preferred the easily trapped, easily found vermin as meals. "You can't be afraid of them if you're going into these kinds of places." Strel started looking through the old books, enjoying the musty smell if nothing else. He carefully glanced at the covers, wondering if he would recognize the word star at all, or if he could find something with pictures. He found one with a few stars on the front and furrowed his brows, waving the book to the girl. "Is this anything?"

Photo taken by Fergal of Claddagh. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.strel_01 {padding:255px 0px 5px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... edone2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#2a6d93; border: 1px solid #66bada; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.strel_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 6px 0px 6px;text-align:justify;}
.strel_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #011e44; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.strel_01 .ooc {text-align:right; color:#001227; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.strel_01 .wc {color:#021d3c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 10px 5px;}
.strel_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#66bada;}
.strel_01 b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #001227 0px 1px 1px;color:#79BFD8;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 374 OOC:

The same thought was going through her mind, of why he would help her. She hadn’t even told him her name and just the thought made her open her mouth to say something before closing it, she was sure they would get to introductions soon but it just didn’t feel like the right time. As they went in the light was brighter now that the dusty window had been broken. He reassured her and she moved in, beginning to take books down with her leaning to the side. She wasn’t afraid, just... cautious, she told herself, but she was one who did not like recurring things that would hurt or scare her. She picked up the book she had first dropped, seeing that it really probably wasn’t worth reading, though something thought it was quite worth reading. He spoke up and she looked over at him seeing the book. Coming forth she took a look at it.

“That may be something. I’m trying to find something that he can observe the sky itself with, so lets see.”

The book had some descriptions of stars and galexies... whatever those were. She was more interested in the stars you could see at night, and to be nice she nodded. Perhaps he would take interest in it anyway.

“Where did you find it, maybe we could find more.”

She asked looking at the shelves he was at. She could see many bookes with the solar system, night skies, which she picked out, galexies, and names she couldn’t even pronounce and it showed in her face as she scrunched it up in thought and her mouth moved to try forming the words noiselessly.

“Do you think it’s irresponsible to sleep outside?”

She asked suddenly, remembering the day she had been shown to her new home. Robert had in a way said it was not a good idea, and she took it to mean irresponsible, especially when he gave her examples of why. Because her health could deteriorate. Or that she could get hurt in some way. Even looking at the stars seemed to scare the boy into submission. Like something bad was bound to happen.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
changing up the game!
wordcount ► 247

Strel eyed the book in his hand after he had shown her the cover, unsure of what the words on it meant or how they sounded out. He barely knew his alphabet and only knew a few words in it, most of them relating to his trade or to his name. "Hmm," he mused softly, looking at the shelves as the young woman approached him to peer at the shelves, too. There were pictures of humans on them, though he did not know why they were so special. But they must have done something to get their faces on a book, right? But if he even picked up the book and skimmed it, he'd never know what they did for it. Most probably were smart, even for humans.

Her question took him aback, for it truly did confuse him. "What do you mean?" he asked, dumbly. It was only natural for them to sleep outside, though many he knew preferred to keep indoors. "I don't think so.. unless you're two months old and there are hungry cougars nearby." He had slept outside as a youth, with his brothers and sisters among him. Granted he had already been weaned and was no longer easy prey for predators. Even then, during the colder month they would take a den and stay in it together. But now, he had sometimes slept outside while looking up at the stars. "I don't think so, why do you ask?"

<style>
.strel_01 {padding:255px 0px 5px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... edone2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#2a6d93; border: 1px solid #66bada; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.strel_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #011e44; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.strel_01 .ooc {text-align:right; color:#001227; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.strel_01 .wc {color:#021d3c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 10px 5px;}
.strel_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#66bada;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 255 OOC: Is short and late and isorry, ilu still though!!

She poked through the shelves, her mind on more than the books that she sifted through. She wondered how someone could be so disinterested in reading that they’d never learned how. It boggled the young woman’s mind but she kept silent about it. Everyone had their own likes, dislikes and whatever they wanted to learn or not was not up to her.

“I see... no just something someone said. I was scolded for sleeping outside. I just wasn’t sure if everyone had that thought.”

She said, she wasn’t going to take the scolding, nor had she. She was a grown wolf and for someone to tell her how unsafe things were or that she shouldn’t do something because of one reason or another made her fur raise up. She shrugged and after picking out another book felt they had spent enough time in the building. As much as there were books, she didn’t like its residents and even though Strel was a strong presence and quite capable of taking something on, she didn’t want to rely on his help too much.

“Thank you, it’s good to know there are good wolves still around. I think I’m done here now.”

She could feel her fur rising as she thought more of the scry ugly looking animal that attacked her. Wondering if she was being watched right now by one and if they were going to attack her again. She really didn’t want to give them a chance.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
changing up the game!
wordcount ► 234

Rollling his shoulders in a shrug, the Dauphin could not help but wonder what people thought about it, as well. "Well, they're entitled to what they think, but it's kind of silly," he said, picking up a book that was clearly not about stars or space, eying the strange human woman on the cover, and the words on the back he could not really understand. Whatever was going on, the look on the model's face was one of joy - or was it pain? He could hardly understand what it was, but it was among a bunch of books with weird couples and strange looking humans. "If they want to sleep inside, good. I do it, but my clothes would all get ruined if they weren't indoors and out of the rain."

Strel gave a smug smile at the young woman, shaking his head at her. "Do you just want to get out this rat hole?" he asked, his voice sing-songy. He waggled his brows at the young woman, wondering if the rat had really bothered her that much. Well, thinking about it, he would have been jolted as well. But he could actually kill the rats just fine. Okay, maybe if the rat had startled the crap out of him, or maybe had bitten him, he would have probably run as well. "Is there anything else you need, Miss..?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 265 OOC: less go cwothes shoppin! Tongue

His words consoled her and she let out a sigh of relief that she wasn’t the only one who found it strange but said nothing more. She just watched him as he eyed what looked like a romance novel but she stifled even a smiled and didn’t see him as the romance book type. Then again she didn’t know what to categorize him as anyway. Though it was far too soon in their acquaintanceship to even think about adding any categories.

“I dunno I love sleeping outside and i was forced to when traveling rain or shine. Though I do prefer shelter from rain and such myself.”

Eclipse said and nodded right away when the man offered her to leave the shop. It was a relief to get out of the shop and she didn’t know she was tensing her muscles until after they left the place. She looked at the man when he asked if she needed anything and that was when she noticed him wearing clothes. Perhaps she was getting so used to wolves in them that they seemed to be a part of them. Then she looked down at her naked self.

“Where do you get your clothes?”

She asked with a finality. She didn’t want to keep wearing a waistcoat, though it was rather nice of Robert to let her have it, but she felt she wanted something that would be more feminine. She had delved into dresses once in a great while but always lost them. This time she would not.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
omg I hate clothes shopping sooooooo much
wordcount ► 365

Once out of the shop, the girl seemed a lot calmer and a lot more happy. Clearly the rat had been bothering and haunting her as she browsed for a book. He had not minded really, and had almost forgotten that the rat had ever been in there for all the care he had given it. He dusted off his hands as he left the shop behind the girl, sniffling to get the musty scent out of his nose. It was futile, considering how heavy the swirling dust had been in the store. It was a wonder the books had not deteriorated at all from how musty it smelled. But at least it was not a humid place, so it was hard to get too much moisture into the books.

The girl looked down at herself, then back up at him, examining his clothes. Whatever was in her eyes it was obviously not affection so Strel kept himself calm. it was easy to do, considering her question. He broke out in a grin then looked down at his clothes. "Make 'em mostly, or find 'em and fix 'em." Suddenly, he reached out and took her by the hand, pulling her along. He remembered seeing a boutique of sorts on the way here, and figured she would like something. Or he would make her, because he was in the mood to be a helping hand. "Lets find you something, promise I'll make sure it's good," he said with a backwards glance and a reassuring, if cocky, smile.

They reached it, though Strel had dropped her hand soon after he had grabbed it. He looked at the window, murky and dusty as it was, and peered in. Dresses, skirts, and shirts clothed mannequins and were hung on hangers on racks. Perfect. He pushed the door in, glad to see that the store's windows gave a lot of light, and there was even a skylight in the middle. It was a fairly large store, but he grinned happily a he reached for a nearby mannequin to inspect the violet dress and it's lace. "Look for something you like, and what colors do you like?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 228 OOC: I FEEL YOU !!

Her eyes went wide when he told her he made them, or repaired them. She never really had any interest in clothes and didn’t know how they were made, and in fact and no intentions of learning, but to find out that there was someone CAPABLE of making them amazed her. She just stared at him with astonishment as he took her hand and brought her down the street until he found a store. She let him pull her along, happy that he was so willing to help her, her foot, still throbbing was forgotten even with the brisk walk to the next store. As they entered Eclipse could see an array of faded colors of all sorts. Most of the clothing was covered in thick layers of dust, as well as disrepair, others eaten but there were some few that were preserved and she went and started looking.

“I dunno, I like any color really, but not black, too dark. Oh! How about this one?” She asked as she pulled out a light colored yellow sundress. It wasn’t one of those really eye blinding bright yellows and this one was actually long enough to go past her knees. She brushed it off a little and held it up, it was in fairly good condition considering where it was and looked pretty to her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
<3
wordcount ► 228

Strel fiddled with a blouse, loose and blowy. He picked at the hem and frowned as he felt holds at the bottom. Moth eaten? He peered at it in the shadows and noticed the holes were hemmed too, which meant they were designed that way. He stuck a hand underneath it and noticed it was a transparent variety, his outline a bit visible beneath his fingers. There were a lot of other clothes with thick plaid colors that made his eyes burn at the colors they packed together. Sometimes the things the humans made some beautiful things, but then were the things that simply made no sense and made him want to retch at their tastelessness.

Eyes lazily perked up at the girl's call, he blinked at the dust coated yellow dress and then back to the young woman's face. He was silent for a moment as he thought. "It's definitely nice," he said, noncommittal. He though for her coloration a darker dress would have been nicer, or a different tone like pink or blue, but yellow was fine for an innocent young girl. "Though you should definitely try something in violet or blue; they'd suit you better, I think." He pulled the blouse off it's hanger and stuffed it into his bag, choosing to store it in his closet for future use.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 311 OOC:

She smiled at him as he said it was nice and then added she should try other colors too, she kept the yellow dress draped over her arm, she liked the color, and thought it would be something to wear, then went back to looking for the colors he spoke of. She pulled one out that looked promising, it was a lilac color and she was about to get excited, but scrunched her nose when she saw that it had been chewed on or something, something had nested in it once too. Putting it back she moved to the next rack. It was filled with other dresses and she found a blue one that seemed to have blue gems, it wasn’t something she thought she should wear right out but she examined it, seeing it had thin straps but they were holding and there was no damage at all to it and she turned to Strel.

“How about this one? I don’t think it’s an everyday thing though.” She asked holding it up, maybe if she had this she would not have felt so strange at the ball in Casa.The red man seemed to have an eye for things like this especially as he said he made them. She smiled and waited for an answer. She figured this would be enough, if he thought it wasn’t suited for her then she would put it back and they could be on her way, though she figured that they would part ways once they left this shop. She wasn’t one to linger too long and she still had to get home and make sure her foot was clean and she didn’t want to stay away from it in case she felt herself drifting again. For that was what she had been since she was a puppy. A drifter.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]