time stands still
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[358]
03.07.12 . 11am . jordheim . optime form

He knew he'd been neglecting a few jobs around Jordheim and the Commune lately, but recently events had been dragging him away from his beloved home. The past week or so had been hectic- it seemed everything had just hit him all at once and he wasn't sure how to deal with it. It was also a ridiculous notion, because everything that had been coming up wasn't particularly significant. Hermes had injured his leg the other day because of his foolish behaviour around the new mare, Mai. As Saul understood it, the mare was far from the sweetness his stallion had been used to. Eirias had returned the day before yesterday, a tiny dead kitten in his talons. Saul had reprimanded the bird, but he was almost certain the gyrfalcon had ignored him.

With his life spiralling out of his control, at least for the moment, he hadn't been able to see anyone he'd wanted to. Every time he went to find Lilin, something else would crop up, or he'd been on border patrol. He'd picked up on the increase of Niernan's scent at the familiar circle and he was pleased that his cousin was helping to protect Vinátta. The young grey Stormbringer had returned to his house after a run towards the western edge of the lake. It hadn't escaped his notice that there was something going on over the other side of the lake.

Perched on a stool outside his front door, Saul balanced a rough bit of paper on his knee, a quill between his fingers. He was composing a letter to Eclipse, detailing all that had happened since he'd last seen her. He asked her how she was, whether she'd managed to find Liliana and if Grace had had her foal yet or not. He wondered where she'd settled and reinforced the idea that she was welcome in Vinátta any time she wanted. He was engrossed in his letter, trying not to puncture a whole through the paper and onto his leg. He'd have to locate Eirias soon and he sorely hoped the bird hadn't found any other unsuspecting feline babies to pick on.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Optime form. <3 / 439!

Niernan had found that he was much happier and much more comfortable now that he was back in the pine and brine scented packlands, he knew that he was sleeping easier than when he was out in the wilderness. Yet the information he had gathered on the surrounding areas was invaluable, he'd be sure to search out Nahyt and ask if she wanted help with mapping out the areas around Vinatta. Another factor that contributed to his happiness right now was the presence of the golden furred D'Angelo woman. That was a welcome surprise to come home to, but according to Grace she had been part of the pack while he had still been around, how he hadn't known she was around was beyond him. He thought that maybe other pack members might have had something to do with it, but the only others that knew of his feelings for her were Bran and Saul. He suspected that if Saul knew, Lilin would know too, as he knew that the Virdings spent a considerable amount of time with each other.

He found his foot-paws carrying him away from his hillock house and towards the more central area of the village, he allowed his paws to take him where they pleased, at least they weren't taking him on another patrol. He thought he deserved a break, even if it was a short one. He wandered along, his mind mulling over the possible reasons why he hadn't been told about Grace, the obvious one was that he wasn't that high up in the pack and he wasn't privy to all the pack knowledge. He knew that there were many new members that he had not yet met, no matter how much he wished to. He sighed, that still didn't explain why Bran or Saul had not told him, surely they would have thought that he would want to know. He shook his head and mentally scolded himself for dwelling on it for so long, finally looking up and noticing where he was.

He found himself in the clearing before Sauls house, his cerulean eyes flicking to the grey furred form sat on a stool outside the hillock house. The man seemed to be writing something, intensely focussed on the paper and quill. Nier smiled at the sight before his mind took him back to the Grace conundrum. He debated whether he should interrupt the mans writing or not, settling on a simple greeting that his cousin could choose to ignore for the moment or not, 'Lo Saul. He settled himself on a nearby stump, watching the village until Saul was ready to talk.

<style type="text/css">
.naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
.naiot2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naiot2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naiot2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

[292]
omnomnom

Trying to keep from stabbing himself in the leg was a harder job than Saul expected- he managed to jab himself twice before he stopped with an irritated huff. It wasn't usually like him to become agitated, but the past week had him feeling restless. He was waiting for whatever it was next that was going to crop up that would take him away. The fact that he hadn't seen Lilin properly in that time frame either was beginning to show- he missed her even if she lived only a few hundred yards away. Just to hold her would be bliss right now and he allowed a scowl to trace across his lips. He didn't know where she was and he thought it might be a little odd to seek her out just for an embrace, but it would have been come much needed comfort.

His saviour came in a black and tan form, but in the wrong proportions. He wanted to believe the figure was Lilin, but it was simply impossible and he glanced up to see Niernan settling down on a tree stump not far away. His greeting was a surprise to the male- his usually happy and outgoing cousin sounded sulky and reserved. The softest quirk of his eyebrow was his only reaction for the moment as he rolled the paper up, holes in a few places and tied it before slipping the tube back in the door behind him and the quill and ink alongside.

Good afternoonn Niernan. Is everything okay? He asked, concerned that something might be wrong with the male. Straightening back up and leaning forward to rest his forearms on his thighs, hands clasped loosely together as he waited for a response from the man.

<style>
#saulTXTa {
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Crappy post! / 189!

Niernan waited patiently while Saul seemed to grow frustrated with his paper and quill, eventually rolling it up and placing it away inside his house. He returned shortly and resumed his place on the stool. Niernan had noticed his cousins raised eyebrow, he could not reason what it was for, but he was sure he would find out. He watched his cousin settle himself and then place his elbows on his thighs, leaning forward slightly as if he was eagerly awaiting Niernans response.

Nier nodded in answer to Sauls question, eventually following up with words, I'm fine. His words were slow, as if he really had to think about what he said. I'm brilliant actually, I had a very nice surprise yesterday. He paused for a moment, thinking over how he could phrase what was going through his mind without offending anyone. He settled on carrying on his little game, A very nice surprise that I think was kept secret for quite a while. His cyan eyes rested on Saul, eagerly awaiting his cousins reaction. He added an extra prompt, Do you have any idea what I'm going on about?

<style type="text/css">
.naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
.naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

[275]
shuddup <3

Leaning forward slightly onto his legs, green eyes found blue for just a second. In that moment, Saul could almost feel the tension between the two of them and it worried the Stormbringer. Niernan was an amiable and outgoing character and in their months living together they had never encountered anything that had caused tension like this. While both of them were calm and he could feel that the tension wasn't strong enough to elicit a real problem, it concerned the male to know that the tension was there at all. He felt his eyebrows tug down at his cousins answer, pulled so slowly from his lips that it appeared the dark Stormbringer was reluctant to give it at all. Niernan continued and his words once again confused the male- his previous words had been like digging a tooth out- painful and slow.

I'm glad you're well, Brother. A surprise? He enquired, his tone cautious but interested. It seemed he didn't have to wait long, because the pause his cousin took was short. Puzzlement crossed his face as the words came out and he cocked his head instinctively to the side. A secret? He cast his mind back, trying to think if he'd personally kept something from his cousin. Perhaps it wasn't about him... perhaps someone else was keeping secrets from him. Niernan asked him, clearly, if he had any idea what he was on about. The slow shake of his head was given, anxiety clear.

No Niernan... Who's been keeping secrets from you? He asked, genuinely puzzled about where this conversation was going. He waited, hoping Niernan would tell him what was going on.

<style>
#saulTXTa {
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
Nier's all grr and cryptic, he's a pain in the butt when he's annoyed. / 328

Nier watched Saul closely for any sign of knowing, amusement or shame, but none of these emotions showed upon his cousins face. Only confusion settled itself on Sauls brow, Niernan sighed, either Saul was a much better actor than he had expected or the man really had no idea that Niernan had not known of Graces presence in the pack. The grey mans polite response to Niernans admission of good health was accepted with a nod, the question tagged at the end of the statement also answered with that nod and the question he posed to the man about knowing anything about the situation.

Saul seemed genuinely confused by the questioning and Niernan was starting to feel uneasy, he thought that maybe he was questioning the wrong person, he thought that maybe he should have started with Bran rather than his quiet and kind cousin. Nier sighed and rubbed his hand-paw over his eyes, dragging the calloused pad over his brow and head fur before flattening his ears. The pointed pinna popped back up when he removed his paw, he flicked cyan eyes to verdant orbs once more, seeing no sign of deception within the green depths he shrugged. We seem to have had an influx of joiners in the past few weeks and I have not had much chance to meet them. Naturally I am to blame for some of this due to my prolonged absence from packlands. He paused for a brief moment, searching for the right words, But there was one joiner that arrived while I was still here, this particular joiner is of great interest to me. Only a select few others knew of my interest in this golden canine. He held up three long brown fingers, pulling one down with each individual he named, You, Bran and Ciaran. But nobody told me that she was here. I was wondering of you knew why? He let the question hang between them, waiting for Sauls answer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

[317]
sorry for the wait sweetpea

Their encounter reminded him, if not a little strangely, of two circling cats. Perhaps a pair of mountain lions, pacing back and forth in front of each other, trying to spot a weakness, the twist of a paw that would be the start of the attack. Logically Saul knew that Niernan would not attack him, nor was there any danger in this conversation. But the blatant way with which the two of them danced around each other put Saul's back up and he tried to repress the urge to raise his hackles and assert some dominance over the situation. It was clearly something Niernan either felt very strongly about or he really thought Saul knew what was going on. It appeared he wasn't going to have to wait too long, because his dark cousin spoke up.

More confusion rolled over the male- Niernan had come here to talk about missing the rise of joiners. Saul shook his head, a silent way to tell his cousin that he still didn't understand. Niernan continued and for a moment, everything stilled. With the mention of the 'golden' Saul jolted, amusement lancing through his body. Gone was the confusion and anxiety- this was about Grace. Unable to stop the grin slipping over his lips, Saul listened as Niernan demanded why the information had been withheld. He raised a shoulder, his lips pursed in mock indifference.

You mean Grace? I wasn't aware you were that interested in her. Came Saul's nonchalant response, though he could tell that his cousin certainly was interested. I'm pleased she was a good surprise for you. He offered, unable to stop the chuckle that escaped his lips. As for Bran and Ciaran 'keeping' it from you... I'm sure they just forgot to mention it. He tried, his ears twitching and tail swinging softly behind him. Teasing Niernan had never been his intention, but it sure was fun.

<style>
#saulTXTa {
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
Ahhhh, I left ya waiting, sorry chicky / 420

Nier was now certain that he had accused the wrong creature of keeping information from him, he would find his brother later and probably wrestle the information out of him, but for now he felt a blush creep across his cheeks, glad that his dark fur hid the rush of blood. All the bluster had left him and he realised what he had done; He had gone rushing up to his Virding and accused him of keeping information from a lower ranking wolf. Nier pinned his ears back in submission and felt his heart sink into his stomach where it sat heavily, he waited for the rebuke that he deserved. It didn't come and he raised his ears hopefully, slowly straightening his back again. Sauls voice contained the hint of a laugh and Niernan felt his tail wag hesitantly.

he nodded in response to Sauls question, confirming that it was Grace that he had meant, the woman had plagued his thoughts and dreams since that first time they met, he was somewhat relieved when Saul mentioned that he was unaware just how interested Niernan had been in the D'Angelo woman. He then realised that he had just revealed his interest in the woman, not that it mattered much anymore after his and Grace's rather fun-filled reunion. His blush returned at Sauls words, he knew that he'd let himself in for it, the teasing would never stop now and he wasn't sure if he could ever muster the courage to tease Saul about the situation he was in with Lilin. He may have been a prankster but he was no idiot and he respected his leaders.

He flicked his cerulean eyes up to Sauls verdant orbs, Ciaran had no idea, he was on patrol with me. He explained. He asked forgiveness with his gaze, backing it up with words, I'm sorry I got short with you. You weren't to know how I felt about her, I should have shown more respect. He bowed his head then, allowing a grin to slip onto his muzzle, I must admit though, her being here was a very nice surprise. He flicked his eyes up again then, mischief now shining in his eyes, he had resolved that he could test the waters with Saul, he'd be a pretty poor prankster if he didn't. So... He paused, allowing his cousin to feel like he had won before he poked the proverbial elephant in the room, Speaking of the fairer sex of our species, how are you and Lilin?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

[423]
lylbby

Green eyes watched now, in amused interest, as the cogs turned in Niernan's head and he appeared to back peddle quickly. Saul's innocence was only half correct- Grace has asked when she'd joined Vinátta where Niernan lived and Saul had walked away without answering. It appeared to have come back to him now though, as Niernan looked almost mortified at what he'd done. This position was a strange one- he was Niernan's leader but he was also family and it often disgruntled the grey man to see his family in a submissive position, as Niernan had adopted almost straight away. Saul's answer seemed to soothe the wolf and the man offered a small smile to his misled cousin.

Of course, the outburst... or perhaps not an outburst, because Niernan had tried to make Saul guess and sweat out what he thought he'd done, revealed the depth of Niernan's feelings and Saul found himself a little shocked. Of course, it was his cousin's prerogative who he was interested in and Saul was pleased for him. His cousins accented words came, relieving Ciaran of responsibility. Of that Saul was grateful, the kitten was adorable most of the time even if half the pack were dubious about their feline friends. Niernan's apology was taken with a soft smile- he knew he was forgiven.

Its not an issue Niernan- now I understand the... depth of your feelings for Grace, I realise that I should have informed you. Saul admitted, still unable to keep a grin off his lips. He snorted softly at Niernan's next words, though he had no need to answer it. He didn't want to know what the two of them got up to, if anything. Still, his tail couldn't contain the happiness for his cousin and it moved in a happy sweeping motion... until Hollr's next words. It was perhaps his turn to blush, though he knew it was impossible for his heated cheeks to show on his fur. The embarrassed look on the young Virding's face was enough to tip Niernan off though.

I.. Uh... We're going good I think. I told her I loved her a while ago and she reciprocated. I don't really know where to go from here... He admitted, though he wasn't going to inform Niernan of their late night playtime not too long ago. With finished with a self-conscious shrug, wishing he could come clean with the rest of pack about him and Lilin. They had to establish some kind of relationship first before the revealed all anyway.

<style>
#saulTXTa {
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
luff you too sweety. We can finish this up soon if ya want? / 261

Nier knew he was off the hook and that pleased him, he had never meant to disrespect Saul, he had just let his feelings run away with him, something that he didn't let happen all that often. He looked up as Saul spoke, chuckling uneasily, Hey, you didn't know how I felt about Grace, or how she felt about me. How would you have known to inform me of her presence? He reasoned with a shrug and a smile, We found each other and that's all that matters. Although... He paused, a cheeky grin on his muzzle, I'm gonna find Bran later and have a chat He said, the promise of minor brotherly violence in his Irish tones.

The embarrassment that passed over Sauls face made Niernan laugh aloud, Sauls confession also gained a laugh from Niernan. The dark male was not laughing at his cousin; he was happy that his cousin had made progress with Lilin but he knew that both Saul and Lilins personalities would never make it easy for the both of them. Well, ya both know ya love each other. He said. His ears flicked forward and his tail wagged in slow contented sweeps, And if ya don't know where to go from there... He paused, laughter on his lips ans he scratched the back of his head and raised his eyebrows, I'm sure you don't need me to educate ya about that birds and the bees, if ya get what I mean. He laughed loudly, glad that he and Saul had settled back into their easy camaraderie.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

[482]
we can leave it here and I'll archive it, or you can have another post and i'll archive after that!

The tension that had been thick, cloying and altogether unwelcome between the two Stormbringers had dissipated, a fact that Saul was grateful for. He'd never had a problem like that with Niernan before- their conversations were always amiable and easy, even if the subject matter was a bit difficult to talk about. The young Virding felt his tail sway swiftly back and forth, relief washing through his body. He was, for the most part, grateful that the matter had been relatively trivial- he didn't know what he would have done if Niernan had come to him like that with something seriously wrong. Niernan's placating words were met with a wiry smile and Saul nodded softly- he couldn't admit that he'd deliberately refrained from informing Grace of Niernan's house, that would completely undermine his innocence in this situation.

His cousins next words reiterated that there was more to them than Saul realised and he did feel bad for not telling Niernan. Still, he couldn't help a full laugh at Niernan's barely concealed threat- the brothers would no doubt be found rolling around Jordheim until one of them called truce. He finished his laugh with a snort, a soft shake of his head given. Just don't hurt him too bad, I'm sure he had your... best interests at heart. Saul offered, though he knew that Niernan would never harm his brother. The pranks they pulled on each other were not aimed at actual bodily harm- it was just an accident if either of them truly injured themselves.

When it was his turn to squirm, Saul fought hard to remain the Alpha. He'd never been in a leadership role before and he was still finding it hard to reign in the more submissive part of him- he was trying hard to encourage the dominant side of his personality. He couldn't help his eyes sliding away from Niernan's however, an embarrassed snort escaping him at his cousins words. He nodded softly, agreeing that the two of them understood each others feelings. Of course, his cousin continued on and his words made Saul look up, alarm on his face. Did Niernan know? He couldn't have. A chuckle came from him, trying his best to act the male.

Well Niernan, I think I'm a bit more traditional than that. I guess we'll see where it takes us. He concluded, a decisive nod dropping his head for a moment. Feeling their conversation had perhaps come to an end, Saul took a breath and stood, stretching. Care to join me for a patrol? Saul asked, concentrating on his body for a moment and feeling the deliciously painful cracks as his bones shortened and rearranged themselves. He preferred running in this form and usually made his rounds on four legs. Giving his cousin a crooked grin, the young male took off towards the lake, hoping to beat the dark male there.

<style>
#saulTXTa {
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
</style>[/html]