In the Footsteps of Silent Shadows
[html]

Joining, as I promised, ^=^

Cwmfen nic Graine had entered Bleeding Souls, but she knew naught of this place. As she approached, her gait was light as if she were weightless; the sound of her pawfall was as the whisper of the winds beaten from the moth’s delicate wings. And the she-wolf approached with the grey of predawn at her heels. She came upon a place with strange stone structures, but the vegetation that grew there caused a small, warm smile to cross her slender maw. The bright eyes beheld the great statue of a human, though she did not recognize who it was (of course it was not expected). What is this place...? Her attention was averted by a scent—a boundary.

Pausing at the boarder, the white orbs, shining with a light of their own, took in the land beyond the intangible boundary. It was not the lands of her birth, whose green grasses were lush and sweet as if the spirits of the earth still dwelt there from years long past. Nor was its scent that of old faeries, whose paths were dangerous to cross. But many wolves she did smell, and she knew a pack found shelter in these lands. A quiet whine escaped her maw. The black she-wolf, marked with the blue of woad, was apprehensive. She lowered her barred maw, sniffing quietly the scent once more, considering her possibilities.

For more than two years, Cwmfen had traveled on her own, fleeing the shadow of the crow-wolf; she feared that being more than anything else, and yet loved him too, more so than the Great Unknown of Death. Several months ago, he had found her and raped her, damaging her for fleeing from him; even now the healing was just completing in her physically, but mentally she was disturbed by him, by her feelings for him; she was angered, too, that she was unable to defend herself against him after all the years of self-training for just such a situation. And his presence lingered in the back of her mind, moving her to leave the places in which she had settled over the years. She had lived off of conies and the occasional carrion deer, but she wished to hunt with many. She wished for the company of others.

These lands were her only hope.

When she was naught but a pup, her mother, in the quiet of twilight, had passed on to her tales of her ancestor’s travel. Turuambar Wolfbane. He had stumbled upon the lands called Bleeding Souls in the prime of his life. ‘Souls was a land, they said, where many things were possible, where safety frequented through numbers and packs. He had served under the rule of one Ceres Sadira of Clouded Tears. Cwmfen nic Graine did not expect to find that alpha, nor did she expect the pack to exist still, for times had long passed since her ancestor’s lifetime, and the alpha would have passed from the world of the living.

What she sought was security.

The black fae, with woad bands about her limbs, with the olde patterns of her birthplace swirling about her body, remembered the present. She was still young. She was strong-willed. She was a warrior. And she was tired of running. The strong female’s mentality threatened to crack from her sire’s act, and if she did not find acceptance soon, the fighting spirit would be lost in the muck. The warrior would be lost…

Cwmfen nic Graine was not yet lost.

The marked tail wagged once as she made her decision.

[/html]
As mentioned earlier, I do remember Turuambar! If I am not completely mistaken, it was Colibri that greeted him at the borders as well? :o Anyways, Hihihi! welcome! (sorry for short post)
[html]

The female’s looks were dazzling, unlike anything he had seen before. A few days ago the warm earth and desert colored male had dragged the last trespasser away from the overgrown graveyard. He had passed the grave where the other male had spilled high red color, but the heavy rain that had arrived that same day had cleaned up the mess. Now though, the beta’s eyes were stuck on the new trespasser, The forever silent silhouette of Virgin Mary would probably have stared herself in awe if it had not been for the simple fact that she was made out of stone.

My, my, what an extraordinary lady. He had just arrived, taunted by a light scent brought by the cool breeze that swept through to grant relief from the heat. It was not an amazingly hot day, but Haku had been gifted with his arctic ancestors’ far too thick pelt(at least for his liking). He had taken a moment to lean against the cool base of a tree while letting his eyes search out the loner that had arrived. He was the only leader left in these lands, and unlike Colibri, he would actually do his duties.

May I help you, Miss? His ears flickered forward in a friendly manner accompanied by the easy wag of his two/third piece of tail.

[/html]
[html]

I think it was, ^=^ That's cool~ and Thanks~

Cwmfen nic Graine was patient. The black, cerulean-bound maw lowered to the ground, as if to calm the tempest that threatened to burst forth from within her—the excitement and anticipation, and the faint trickle of fear. There was an urgency that lay within the back of her mind, that urged her forward, that required her to act. But the boarder stood its ground like the face of a cliff, looming above her ominously while hiding treasures at its back. Black paws shifted, moving so that her body may sit upon the earth and stifle the need to move. She sneezed quietly and glanced momentarily at the lithic sentinels about her before returning her attention to the way ahead.

The waiting was brief.

Black ears flickered forward, finding a voice in the air.

She rose fluidly as the male approached. Bright, white eyes watched carefully the earthen toned wolf as he leaned against the tree, finding comfort in the shade. Pack life had not been key points in her life, but she new the ceremonies that they required. Without another wolf with which to compare, she could not discern his rank, but it was definitely not a lowly position. The male before her seemed confident, much more than what she could say about her current state. The marked tail flickered with uncertainty before finding a place between her legs, showing the male that she knew the insignificance of a single, roaming wolf.

She remained silent, however, unable to find any words with which to respond. Her head lowered slightly in a shy fashion, and a light, barely perceptible smile came to her lips. White orbs looked away momentarily before she gathered herself and turned to him once more, careful to avoid a direct gaze.

He spoke again, a question this time. Her quick eyes caught the movement of his incomplete tail, and, finding that she had been tense, relaxed.

“My name is Cwmfen nic Graine. I...”The voice was soft and musical as she sought proper words which could not be found. A small sigh was relinquished as she proceeded. “I have come to seek protection within these boarders...” Her eyes became troubled, though with what was uncertain. The words seemed suddenly inappropriate, her plight insignificant.

“I would seek permission to enter into the pack.” There was, however, no pleading, no begging within her lush voice. Laced with the rolling lilt of her homeland, she merely sought, pushing the urgency (whether true or not) aside; she knew that if Corvus Vendetta found her, she would bring trouble to the pack. Would she need to share her past with this male? Would she be able to?

[/html]
[html]

He watched the female rise as she let her eyes travel over to him, and that was yet another pleasant surprise. Before he had met up with his daughter and Cercelee outside the ’Souls lands, he had met a wolf with similar eyes, but there as one difference. The wolf had been blind, and it was as if there had been a lighter hue over the pupil that blocked out his vision. This was very different though, she appeared to see him, and her pupils were normal. Beautiful and unique in every way. A pink tongue stuck out between glistering white teeth, and he gently chewed on it, eyeing her up and down, a soft smile playing on the handsome face. There were few that were able to sincerely catch his interest from the start, so she had already earned an ace through simply her appearance.

Even a special name. His smile widened slightly and he took a few steps closer to the submissive being. Haku. There, the introduction was over. She did not beat around the bush, but went straight to the point. He gave a firm nod. However, the way she chose her words simply asked for more questions from his side, additional to whatever usual ’joiner’ questions he could come up with. He cocked his head slightly and followed her gaze which seemed to have troubles with finding his eyes. He was content with her posture, her proper behavior from the second she had been aware of him. Oh well. His eyes found her again, and he withdrew his tongue. I see. He let the smile stay, and shifted his weight slightly before continuing. Though, to seek protection? Anything particular or simply an expression?

Hopefully she would not be too alarmed by his question, if it actually was someone she was running away from. Hell was loose in this pack anyway, so why not add some more drama? He did sort of love it, so. Be honest, my bite is not deadly.

[/html]
[html]

--

Cwmfen shifted softly, almost imperceptibly, with anxiety. Within, there was a maelstrom of thoughts loud and deafening. Bright, white orbs flickered comfortably over the other male, analyzing the tiny details that would reveal to her violence or peace. And while her mind whirled endlessly over the matter, upon the surface she seemed calm and peaceful, her visage tainted only barely by her sudden need to join the pack. The marked femme’s eyes relinquished their search and settled momentarily upon the eyes of the other—blue like the bared sky. There was nothing upon or within the earth-toned male that yet indicated that she was in any immediate danger. Indeed, contrary to aggression, his smile sought to draw comfort from her. As he drew closer, she stood her ground, unresponsive to his gesture.

A light smile came to her black maw with his spoken name. It was not of a language with which she was familiar, but she liked the way it sounded harsher than her own. Perhaps, she thought, the cacophony would foretell the male’s yet-hidden demeanor.

His next question, while anticipated, still caused her banded ears to prick forward with a suddenness akin to surprise. She did not know why she let herself be so; with her words chosen to be spoken as they had, Haku would have no choice but to pursue what his curiosity necessitated. She felt, suddenly, comfortable in the company of this wolf. But, as experience had taught her, she did not let herself drown in the comforts of a one who was yet a stranger.

“It is something particular...” she responded with a slow nodd. The melodic voice held a dark undertone, bringing as strange richness to her foreign voice. “I am a child of rape, though, in such times, I doubt that it is uncommon. Yet, my sire is known for pursuing what he wishes until it is relinquished to him; from my mother he sought a son. When she did not bear him one, he found her to be worthless and destroyed her.” She paused, remembering the events of several months prior. She shuddered involuntarily, and cursed herself for doing so. What had happened to the strong warrior?

“He will pursue me... and he has the will and the way to do so. I do not mean to bring trouble to these lands, but for once I will do something for myself.” The latter was, perhaps, a selfish thought, a selfish need. But she did not present it in that way. It was a mindset that she had inherited from her father. Yet, unlike the crow-wolf, Cwmfen nic Graine did not place herself above others.

She found that she was sitting now, and that her gaze was turned to her paws. As she finished and the last silvery tones faded from the air, the white eyes turned back to Haku. There was really nothing more to say... She had told him the short version, and more readily than she ever had. That would have to be enough for now. But, having ended, she could find no other words to say, for what else was there to be said?

[/html]
[html]

The male did not know it himself, nor did his mother really, but his name had a touch of eastern Europe, but his name had brought a smile to her lips, but not much more. He was indifferent to whatever his aura did, because truth was he could not offer anything of himself, just a home along with other wolves in the middle of a war that he knew would take more lives. It mattered little to him, because that was simply how he had become over the years, most of the time with a whispering voice as the only company. His ears flickered forward and took in the word particular once again. How jolly.

She gave him what he wanted; a summary of the issue. He silently let his tongue drum against the insides of his cheeks as she spoke. No families were without splinters in the core. Some were more corrupted than others, and some simply were not meant to be. Still, the world did not bother to care for what should be and what should not, but made it blend together and fill the world with chaos. It was necessary though, because without chaos, tranquility and peace would not exist. Counterparts were needed to hold it all together.

Well, so he would come for his daughter? Why? Why not just go find another female and impregnate her in the hope of receiving a son? Haku would not question any actions done by others though, because they were all different with their reasons and their minds. He met her gaze. It was good enough for him. Whatever was haunting her was of the same flesh, and Haku knew how to handle that. Else from that, things went as they always did, the natural way. If being a part of this pack could help her, then why not. A big pack was a strong pack, and that was what he wished Dahlia to be, because he now was a part of it.

He did not need to know more. What do you have to offer us, Cwmfen? Her name did not correctly roll out his mouth, but with practice it would be perfect.

[/html]
[html]

--

As Cwmfen told her shortened story to the male Haku, he listened silently. For that she was grateful. While it would have been unintended, an interruption of open indifference would have greatly insulted her; interruptions were never appreciated. Of course, because the wolf before her was (or seemed) older and was also her superior, she would have accepted the interruption without comment or open displeasure. But there was none, and so she needed no endurance of it.

As she had finished speaking, questions seemed to rise immediately. The black wolf tensed inwardly, preparing for what may arise, for she was not yet ready to share that shame. But he did not press, and the questions that lingered in the air between them seemed to lessen and become faint and less urgent. The woad-marked fae let loose a soft sigh, one that could be dismissed as mere breathing. A blue tipped tail twitched with relief and contentedness, and she took comfort in that silence.

Earthen-toned Haku spoke again, using her name at the end. His accent was not perfect, and a soft smile, almost warm, tugged at her slender maw. It was not a sneering smile, but a friendly smile. The way he said her name was, in a way, cute. As Cwmfen made her reply, the smile lessened only slightly.

“I can fight— provide a measure of protection.” Her voice was a clear alto. She stated the skill foremost because it was what she did best; compared to others, however, she was probably not extraordinarily skilled, but she did not know this and knew only what she herself could do. Realizing that this skill would seem unconvincing to the male due to the tale she had told, Cwmfen paused before continuing, as if thinking. “I can hunt. I will do anything that is required with effort and commitment.” It may have been obvious, perhaps, that she had never experienced pack life. “I do not think, however, that the caring of pups would suit me...” she added shyly, almost as an afterthought. She had met only several pups in her short life, but she found that she could not make any connection with them.

If she could provide this pack with something that they required, perhaps she would be permitted to enter the boundaries, to enter into pack life. A little excitement flickered faintly within her heart. But she felt, suddenly, the weight of her travel. She stifled a yawn, a banded paw twitching as if wishing to rise to her maw in order to aid in the stifling, but the yawn had already passed and so it returned to the earth. Rising slowly, the black female re-worked her muscles. Cwmfen was afraid suddenly that she might fall asleep in front of the yet-stranger Haku, and the rudeness of that was something she could not stand.

“Sorry...” she apologized before hand. Her smile was also shy (she, contrary to her skills, was a shy wolf) and her soft ears flickered backwards and forwards, as if trying to catch some distant sound.

[/html]
300+
[html]

Often he felt like skipping this whole unofficial joining procedure. He did not mind how they were born, who they knew, where they had come from. Did they not come here because they wished for a new start? New beginnings with sugary smiles and beating hearts, seeking Eden? It had not been his reason, but he was not like most beings. He followed crimson footprints without any hesitation, no thought, no regrets. She was good enough for him already, really. She had been sincere about the shadow from her former life chasing her. She had already proved unique by the way she acted, by her markings, everything, really.

Fight, good good. Perfect in these times, though it would soon be over. Most of all he just wanted the war to slowly die, yet with a fresh stream of blood decorating the glass every now and then. It would keep his demon at ease. This could not stay as they were though, and he knew he needed to get back the alphess at one point. Yes, she was hurt and all that, but really, this was not the proper act of a leader. He still did not quite understand why she had promoted him to beta male of the pack instead of simply delivering him to Inferni and let his head roll.

Back to the other female, and the pack wolf gave a shrug as she said she was not suited for puppy sitting. She was not bragging, she admitted that she was not a saint. Goodies. No worry, we don’t have any sniveling brats at time being. And that was a good thing. Haku could say with great certainty that he was not suited for children either. He never wanted more children. His daughter was gone, hopefully forever. He had failed and ruined a life. He did not want to ruin more.

As she apologized, he just made a shushing voice, dismissing it. He let his tail wave a bit, announcing that it was all good. Okay, little lady. He let a soft sigh interrupt his own voice before it sounded again. Well, let me tell you a bit about Dahlia de Mai..., yes, it is this pack's name, no joke. He inhaled slightly, holding back a pair of rolling eyes. What is not so flowery and nice is that we are in the middle of a conflict with the local coyote gang, but.. Its nothing to worry about really, we are larger than them. Nothing will happen. Rest she could figure out herself or something. If you are still interested despite the little conflict mentioned, I would gladly grant you a home here within these lands. Then, was that it? .

[/html]
[html]

Do I get to count the posts from this thread for the Dahlia de Mai Game? Or should I wait until I'm actually part of the pack? ^=^

Haku seemed to be in thought, if only for a moment. Cwmfen waited patiently. She was not troubled by silence, not did she ever feel the need to fill the empty space it created. Cwmfen was a wolf of few words. The fae liked to listen more than she liked to speak, and she was patient in the waiting. Quiet and relatively modest, she had the sublime soul of an ancient warrior. Yet, she was not without aggression. More often than not in times of late, she had exercised her aggression frequently; perhaps it was her outlet for the frustration she had felt after the incident, or perhaps she had learned that kindness simply didn’t cut it.

Black, banded auds flickered forward as the male spoke again. A light smile fluttered across her maw, a small, short laugh escaping her maw. It seemed that the male was not fond of whelps either. She didn’t really know why she was laughing because it wasn’t that amusing at all; perhaps it was relief, but she didn’t feel that there was anything to be relieved about. As she re-composed herself, she relinquished an, “I’m glad.”

She was relieved, however, that he dismissed her apology, that he did not take offense for her inability to endure. And then Haku was speaking again, and she was listening again. Her submissive posture relaxed visibly, but it was not completely diminished. Whether he permitted her to enter the boarders or not, she was still his inferior. She would always be. Of course, this fact did not bother her, but she put in the effort to properly posture the way pack wolves posture. Cwmfen nic Graine suddenly felt out of place, but she quickly dismissed it. Such feelings would hopefully disintegrate as she integrated herself.

Dahlia de Mai. Earth-toned Haku seemed displeased by the name. She herself was not altogether bothered by it. She nodded slightly as he continued.

Conflict. Coyotes. She wondered to herself, then, how she felt about such events. After all, she had come to seek protection from the conflict of her past. The woad-marked fae, however, found that she was not bothered at all. Her past was riddled only with the shadows of one male, and it was not only the male which she feared, but the strange things that lurked in the dark waters of her soul. But she loved to spar, fight, whatever coyotes would bring. (She hadn’t had much contact with coyotes, but she knew what they smelled like.) But she made her decision.

Home...?

“I would be thankful should you accept me. Such conflict is not what troubles me...” A light smile danced about her words if not her maw as the bright, white eyes sought out the blue ones. It seemed that she found something dark there, darker than what he was openly displaying before her...

She hesitated at the boarders. Did this mean she was permitted to cross? The black fae considered Haku with questioning eyes. A black tail flickered with uncertainty, and a question, seemingly pointless and random, but with hidden importance, slipped from her strong jaws:

“Do you like the Night?”

[/html]
500+ im so sorry for the wait. I had reply ready yesterday, but day was so kind to kill the router. Anyways, Welcome!! Big Grin (throws flowers and stuff) And.. you can use points from this thread.. ;>> Ill add them in for you, so dont worry about it.
[html]

Of course he was slightly displeased with the pack name. It screamed out for flower power, yet it was a sickly corrupted flower if you looked at the colors whirling in the center. He had brought death and in some degree destruction to it. The demon had not expected the pack to survive and gain members steadily with the cruel words that moved about with the wind from both coyotes and insignificant wolves alike. Everyone had their own version of this matter, but everything was and would always be Haku's fault alone. How strange how everyone was so damn well informed, yet, none had come and asked about Haku's version. Aka, their versions were slightly wrong, and they only believed what they wanted to believe, like the retarded flock of sheep falling down from a cliff, they see and hear the creatures in front of them fall into death, but it did not stop them. Bolder example, yes, but it had some of the same foolish way of thinking.

He was glad to hear that she did not get scared off by the conflict. Probably because she had not heard the gossip as of yet, but he did not doubt she would. No one, not even anyone in Dahlia knew his version. Yes, he had killed with a cold heart, but Inferni was so far from heaven and salvation. Yet, of course, it was Haku's fault. All of it. Always. It was possible that his dull fire had carried his mind slightly away. Welcome to Dahlia then, Cwmfen nic Graine, you will be ranked as a Filix for now. He really should practice on pronouncing her name. Feel free to explore the land, whatever you want to really. Such an exotic and unusual name had to be treated with care. His ears flickered forward as a silent question floated towards him. The night? He let his eyes rest on the light gaze from the new pack wolf. A grin somewhat formed on his lips, and he let it go as far as to reveal a slight view of his deadly fangs.

I worship it. If it was hell, night, a demon, God himself, whatever, he was following in its footsteps, silently, untouched,. laughing. Haku really found pleasure in diving into the darkness. Pitch black poison that wanted to force him to drop dead. It was beautiful. A slight warning glance was thrown in her direction as he turned around. She should not try to play with such questions too soon. Oh, and .. The Lilium turned around to face her again. If you hear gossip. Remember that everything has three different point of view. Two opposing sides and the actual truth. You will not find much truth in what you hear nowadays. His voice trailed off. Truth was not what it sounded like. His ears retired and let his mind bounce freely as he walked away, already forgotten about the mystical beauty at the borders. It happened sometimes, it was not personal.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.