Searching for home...
Vexx trotted along the sides of the pack territory hoping to be able to join. He liked this place, being a comfortable environment for him. It also seemed really eerie, with the mist blanketing the surrounding lands. But he still didn't mind. He liked staying in his quad form, but he was used to staying that way because he traveled so much. He never knew his family, seeing that they left him when he was at an early age. Vexx plotted his cinnamon butt down, as he was tired. He traveled for months looking for a pack. Hopefully, he's finally found one.
With Jasper sick, he hadn't spent too much time away from home. Fretting unhappily, Laurent wished he had been more like his sister Fatin and learned how to heal people. She had been good at it too, and no doubt still was because it was impossible that a beast like her could ever die. He was dragging a large plank back from the city, piled high with some bedding and pots and pans he had found around the college when he spotted the stranger. He approached with a careful smile and a small wave. "Looking for someone?"
"I uh... hmm.. uh no? Aw.." He felt himself stuttering and felt awkward at the sudden appearance of another wolf. He could help but smile a little. He tried to look serious and stood up. " No, no I am not. Actually, I'm looking to join a pack." He raised his eyebrows and looked at Laurent with a questioning smile. "Would you be able to help me with that?" He sat back down, now having calmed himself a little and waited for an answer, while eying the plank this one had been dragging.
[html]
Laurent had been tall since he was a tiny pup. While the typical were wolf could span up to about eight feet in hight, Laurent reached about nine with no problems. He towered over most wolves when unshifted, and had long ago learned through his body language to illustrate that he was no threat. Unless it came to Jasper, he was an easy going push over....but hurt his small lover, and the towering giant would rip a person to pieces. With a smile, Laurent nodded at the male's question, eyes of lithium blue sweeping the smaller male's frame. "I certainly could. We're not a pack like most others; we live like a family community. We work together to help each other with everything, and we leave no one out." He explained gently. "I'm sort of....a handy man here. I call myself a Carpenter, and spend a lot of my time making things for the pack....I guess you could say we don't have ranks really, we have jobs that make up our lives. Do you have any talents or passions that could help us somehow?"
[/html]
"Strangly enough, I do. I taught myself at a young age to navigate by the stars." He paused for a second. "Oh, and I'm also really stealthy when needed, especially when climbing trees." He looked up to check the time. The sun had just set and it was now dark. His eyes adjusted just slightly, as to see the other male clearly. " I also dabbled in tattooing, when I was younger. Way younger." He showed his own blue hued tattoos that he tattooed himself around his eyes. "But, uhm. He's the thing, I can't see in the daytime. At all. I have a slight disorder that prevents my pupils from shrinking in the sunlight and so I have to sleep during the day, and be up at night. I also am not comfortable in large open spaces and I can't talk to adults. By that I mean I'm afraid to be near them. Having a bad experience does that." He looked down at his neck, making sure that his family amulet was still there. It became very important to him. It was the only memory of his family.
[html]
The boy had some strange qualities, that was for sure, but Esper Hollow wasn't one to discriminate. After all, Laurent's own mate couldn't smell, and was shy around everyone. "Don't worry, we're a good bunch, and we take care of our own." He said quickly. "My name's Laurent Nakado, I'm one of the founding members of the pack. There are two leaders here, Laurel and Nikita, and then about four of us normal folk." he said with a smile. "We don't have anyone under a year old running around here, so you're pretty much stuck with folks your age and older, if I remember right my mate's the youngest one in the pack, but he's really sick right now so no one should get too close too him..." This statement was made with slight distaste, he hated the fact that Jasper was ill. "But we're all good people, so you don't have to worry about that." He attempted to be easy going, to make the experience easier on the younger male. "I'll call a leader for you, so maybe we can get you set up with a home." With that, he tipped his head back and called for either Laurel or Nikita, whoever was closer and not busy.
[/html]

___

uhh. gotta go to bed, and be at work in.....5 hours! YAY. just NPC Laurent, he'll basically just give whatever info is asked of him & such!
Got a quick question for you -- does your character have the ability to shift? I'm also going to play Laurent out of this thread, Sonia, so things'll go faster and you can go play with the critters at work. Tongue

[html]

As much as he would have rather stayed and coddled a particular unopened bottle of whiskey, Laurel had little hesitation in going to answer Laurent's summon. The way things had been going, he had little reason not to answer the call, seeing how twice before Ahren had brought someone back who was sick and that fact alone was enough to drive Laurel to drink over just whatever illness had been flying around. Sleeping would have been nice too, but it was much too early in anyone's right mind and he had never gone to sleep at dusk that he could remember. Though out on the fringes of the thick forests of the Hollow and the Eclipse, there was still fading light. But down in the depths, the canopy had long blocked it out and left them shrouded in darkness and mist.

Still, finding Laurent in the dark wasn't overly easy or terribly hard to do. He was tall, which made him stand out, but also dark-haired. The dampness did little for his nose, but it took no more than a few minutes to get there at such a brisk walk. From there, his old friend explained what was going on and Laurel waved him on knowing full and well that he wanted to see Jasper after being gone part of the day. He hadn't strayed far since Ahren had brought him back, and frankly Laurel didn't blame him for the same and other reasons. So it left him alone with the wolf (who at the time he presumed couldn't shift) and his eccentric markings.

“Laurie pretty much covered the bases, I reckon, but what exactly can you do to pull your own weight around here? I'm all for taking in whoever and not asking any questions about your past and all that, but like he probably told you, we all contribute.” With all of the quirks that Laurent had mentioned, Laurel was a little skeptical… given that well, they were all adults. Even at that, Laurel himself was a coyote and that was no doubt something forever of interest, if not a bit freaky in his own right given his style of wearing clothes. “I'm Laurel, by the way,” he offered, hoping to catch the younger man's name.
[/html]
Yes, he can shift but he prefers his quad form better because he's quirky like that. D: Lol And I guess I would call his markings eccentric but just don't mention that to Vexx. He's quite proud of 'em ;D Oh and by the way- I was told to post this info so I hope you don't mind.
# Character Name: Vexx
# Character Birthdate (including year): August 14 2006 (not sure if this is in real time)
# Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines):Luperci Ortus
# Species (not applicable to canines): (apparently not applicable to meh)
# Gender:Male
# Your e-mail: hadowlycanart@yahoo.com">shadowlycanart@yahoo.com
# A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). PatrickShiruani (AIM)
# How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: It was featured on The Shadow of Let Big Grin

"I'm Vexx. And I hope you don't mind the 'adult' thing. I'll get over it. Evetually." He tried to explain a bit about himself, feeling comfortable about the fact the other adult had his own quirks too. In fact everyone did, which is what Vexx based his reflection of others on. He never seemed to react to someone just based on how they looked, mainly on how they acted. "So in short, I have basically been living of the humans by taking their food, helping my stealty skills, and on a side note I'm quite proud of that," He paused, smiling a little and laughing at himself for "trying" to show off. He took a breath and continued. "I've also been living in trees, which help my climbing skills, and also because of the fact that I sleep during the day. I'm also assuming you'd like to know why?" Of course he'd like to know why. Vexx always knew that. Everyone always said to him that the best part of the day was when it was light out. But Vexx had his own best part of the day, and that was in the middle of the night, when everyone was asleep. Except for him.

Also, I bet that you assumed that I couldn't shift is that right? No, I can't mind read. Everyone thinks that I can't because of the fact I'm always in this form rather than my bi-ped form. I just happen to prefer this one is all. But I do occasionally shift from time to time. Depending on the 'situation'". Vexx sat back down, feeling tired again. He hoped that the coyote didn't assume anything bad of him. He hated giving bad impressions on the first try.
You might want to view the website over really good. We're in real time and the humans have been gone about 30 years... XD; *pats and gives cookies anyway!* Thanks for supplying the needed info though!

[html]

No doubt about it, this guy was still a kid at heart. Just in his mannerisms and the way he spoke, Laurel found himself amused with the way that he rattled off things like an eight year old would talk to a six year old. Had his tone been different, perhaps even harsh, Laurel would have thought twice about chuckling when he did. Probably like so many others around them, they were far too used to having to explain themselves to others. “Most folks that stay in that form all of the time either use it for what it's for or can't shift,” he said, probably not telling Vexx anything new. “And I'm not sure if you'd find any trees to get up in around here, at least in that form, since they don't have any low branches or forks to scratch your way up in. Could put you in a tent or you could dig out a den though,” or maybe even both, a den with a tent over the opening. Hell, he didn't care.

But anyway… “You got some sort of skill that's your trade or profession, though? We're not really a pack as much as we are a gypsy band. Nikita, my partner in crime, and I set up camp so people look to us as the leaders, but we're really just a couple of musicians. Laurie builds things and Jasper can cook stuff. We've got another guy who's pretty creative at coming up with stuff, he goes by Zephyr.” Once that was out of the way, Laurel didn't see why he couldn't stay, figuring he'd fall in with everyone else just like Asanotohl had pretty much done before him. But things were very much different from when he had found her wandering around in the forest, so their meeting was still a bit from concluding.
[/html]
T^T That sucks for me. I assumed cause Laurent mentioned a "city". Oh well XD We'll just ignore that little part. I read it over and we're in CANADIA!!! ^___^

Vexx sighed. He did forget one thing. "Well, a long time ago, when I was little I did tattooing because my family deemed me a good artist and I did that for a while...but then I stopped after my family disappeared. I haven't done it since. I was also told that I had a big imagination when I was younger, but they always said it like it was a bad thing. I usually came up with stories and monsters, though. Not any mechanical stuff. and my mom was a healer or doctor of some sort. She taught me a little about medicine, but I don't remember much of it anymore. Does that help at all?" Okay, maybe a couple things, but he hoped it did help. He really wanted to get in a pack. He was tired of living alone, and the other luperci he had met travelling often said he had almost no contact with others and needed a lot more. That's probably why he was so lonely.

Sorry thats a short one. My parents want me to get off really soon.
Well there are cities left behind, just because the humans died doesn't mean that their cities and buildings and such are gone. But, ah, I reckon you'll either get the hang of it or you won't. Up to you whether or not you want to reply to this or not, but now you're welcome to go off and skip around and post. Tongue

[html]
A tattooist? Well, that certainly explained how he had probably got the vibrant blue on his face. “Well, it's something. Anyway, if you'll come with me I'll show you where the camp site is and you can go ahead and get settled. You'll probably want to get acquainted with folks, but for right now you'll want to avoid Laurie's shack for now. We've got some people in there but they're pretty sick from something. It's better if you don't catch whatever they've got.” Gesturing for him to follow, Laurel turned and ventured back through the thick fog and forestry to the heart of where they had set up camp.
[/html]

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]