Ask me why I stay strong
[html]Eclipse, Berwick

The woman held the bucket as she walked. It was a rusty old thing, made of metal and tarnished greatly. Wood rounded the handle, guarding her hand from the old steel. It was a treasure found at the cider orchard, and the woman toted it about with her like a milk maid as she looked for anything usable in the surrounding farms and houses of Berwick.

Long silver hair fell onto her shoulders, some pieces cut shorted to follow the curve of her forehead and frame her face. Gray and tan features looked younger then normal, brighter as she wandered through the familiar lands. When she and the group first settled in the cider house they had all made it a point to come to know the lands around them. They lay no claim to any portion, but at least they would have no surprises when traveling through them to and from the orchard.

Foot-paws trekked lightly along the dirt road, pail and contents in hand. She saw the tall tree ahead, a huge oak that stood in the clearing alone. It must have been planted there, a long plot of shade in a wide crop of food for the humans. Though weeds and brush had taken over the fields, a meadow had grown around the tree and beneath its tower. A pleasant place and a haven spotted from the side of the road. Anu turned towards it to seek out the shade of it’s massive limbs.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 376 OOC: Been so long since shaw rped with the Alli ^^

Eclipse was packed, and ready to go. She had the mare Grace packed full of stuff she knew she would need for her journey and to present to the pack she was headed to, but she did not overload the mare in any way. She found that the long journey she would have to take the colt with her, though he would slow her down ultimately, but that was how things went. She would not regret it and she was sure he could handle the treck now anyway being over a month old. Wild horses walked many miles everyday, even ran. Eclipse wouldn’t run. Not today.

Once she had everything ready she left the packlands going north. Not north east like she hsould so she could skirt Casa di Cavalieri. She was feeling rather nastalgic and as she did not have any worries for things rotting as she would grab whatever is on the way, she figured she could find her homeland once more. Why, she didn’t know as she rarely went there in the first place, but since she was going to see family anyway she figured she would see her first home again.

She neared the road that went into the town that she once called home, if only a short while and soon the memories of trudging through the snow after her father flashed through her mind. She was walking Grace through the area, noting lightly that it was being occupied though not claimed by any packs. She turned to leave and follow the road out when she saw the the oak and then the woman. She stopped the mare and the colt stopped behind her. Was she thinking too deeply in her head and started seeing things? She blinked a few times then spoke as the familiar shape, the shape that had let her into Crimson Dreams and had looked after her a few short months... and the woman who witnessed her first shift.

“Anu?”

The memory was old, and the woman had been one of her caretakers that stuck out brightly. It had been her that got her interested in gardening. She did not move, the horse or herself, afraid it was a mirage.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html] i know!! Big Grin!

She would need to show her son this tree. The species that he had been named after was showing their true strengths in the stature and limbs of the tree and wolf. She watched the sway of the thin fingerling branches for a moment, leaves moving with the shift of the air. The shade was so much cooler then when beneath the stark Sun, and the female could see herself perhaps napping within the shadowy sanctuary. But before she could move towards the grass she heard a voice. It called her name in a questioning tone, wondering if it was indeed Anu that stood in the silvery woman’s place.

She turned, and saw that she was far from alone along the Berwick road. She smiled, though she could not place the face immediately. The lone wolfess took a few steps forward, as if a closer glance would bring back the memory. The female’s coloring was non distinct, a simple yet elegant shade of earthen tan and lightened chocolate. Blue eyes, not far from her own hue, watched her. Standing before two horses packed with bundles who’s contents Anu couldn’t even begin to guess.

Then if came to her. Memories lain away in the realms of her life in Crimson Dreams, and though they were happy ones she was still hesitant to bring them forward in her mind. Yes. she answered, and then returned, You have gown up Eclipse. The once-Dreamer comment came with her soft and gentle tone. This younger woman was an example of the compassion that Crimson Dreams had once represented and extended into the world. It was so very bitter sweet to see her standing along the side of the dusty road.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 347 OOC:

Eclipse could, in a way see a change in the reserved woman. She had spoken her thoughts when she first met the girl when she was a pup and also explained that gardening was not magic but natural and now, though she made a comment Eclipse could see something change in the woman. She wasn’t sure what but she wondered why Anu was here, but thought of the disbanding of Crimson Dreams. She smiled softly, letting go of the reigns of Grace and put her hands together in a small bow of respect, a teaching she learned from Ichika.

“It is so good to see you. I never expected to see you here of all places, what brings you to these empty roads?”

She asked, her eyes bright with tears, of happiness or shame she knew not, but for the moment she was very happy to see the woman who took care of her a few short months but sad that she also left her as suddenly after Saul met her one day. She couldn’t help but think about Crimson Dreams and if Saul hadn’t found her, how she would have possibly helped the pack stay where it was, but deep down she knew she wasn’t the problem even though she didn’t know what was.

“I tried not to grow up, really I did, but fate had other plans I’m afraid.”

She said in a joking kind of way. She wasn’t sure if the woman was angry at her for leaving so suddenly barely telling her where she was going, she did, but didn’t give the woman a good enough goodbye to warrent much at all. Eclipse had always been one to not want to get too close to anyone, always changing care takers every so often until she could fend for herself. So it was only natural for Eclipse to move on from Anu as well even though Saul had made her see what she was doing to every single wolf she assoiciated with and then left.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

The young woman approached without reservation, bowing in greeting. The once-Dreamer did not know the custom, but smiled in return. Once the pup had left their care in the Dreaming world Anu did not know where she had gone to. Those memories are faded ones, and there had been so many to come and go through the old pack. Where they all ended up afterwards was just a hopeful guess.

Yes, no one was expecting her to be here. Anu had never foreseen it herself. But she was slowly letting go of those visions. The picture she had imagined of her future needed to be chased away, for in times of weakness they slinked back into her mind. There was no tomorrow; just simply, now.

I do not live too far from here. She replied. The lonely lost orchard was just beyond the town and farmlands of Berwick. There her family immediate remained intact. Crimson Dreams is no more, if you have yet to hear. Anu explained. They all expected her to be there. That was the world’s expectations of her, and she couldn’t meet them.

It always does. She returned, giving the girl a smile. Anu walked a bit further into the shade. There was enough room for Eclipse and her horses if she wished to take a break from the summer sun. You belong to the d’Arte pack now? she questioned as she gently sat on the soft grass. Certainly she had time to rest, and keep the older wolfess company for a few moments.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 345 OOC: Eclipse is all talk talk talk like usual. Smile

Eclipse took all her caretakers seriously but mostly only when she was with them and would promptly try to forget about them after she was gone, it was her way of not attaching herself to them, though Anu besides the Bear Malachi was one of trhe ones she couldn’t help but let her heart bring in, but as much as it her her to leave, she had family she needed forgiving from who’s heart she already hurt.

“I heard... it made me very sad. It seems that all the packs I go to are not around anymore. Dahlia... Ichika... now Crimson Dreams. I am very sorry your home is no longer there. It must be hard. I have lost many family.... including you.... over the years and my puppyish thinking. I hope you forgive me for leaving abruptly as I did.”

Her voice was quiet at that but she led the horses, the little colt was interested in the grey woman but he was skittish and stayed by his mother who wandered off do what horses did bed. Eclipse moved to Anu and sat down close to her and smiled nodding her head at the question.

“Yes, it is different from all the packs I’ve been to. There are still rules but there’s so much to do there it’s almost overwhelming. And you should see the garden!”

Her face lit up at the mention of the garden and she couldn’t help remembering yet again the day in Anu’s own garden, and her eyes twinkled a bit in the memory. Then it made her wonder what she had for a garden now. She seemed so proud of the one she had before. She would have to wait and ask but it made Eclipse wonder if the woman was living on her own nearby, which saddened her a bit.

“You don’t live alone do you? I mean I could come keep you company if you need it, it would be the least I could do.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html] she's adorable!

Anu felt that a world of youngsters had come and gone through the ranks of Crimson Dreams. Some born in their home, others wandering through their borders. They had raised many, she and Savina, and Anu was proud at the thought that some had grown to become honorable wolves. It was a simple like, to thrive and live as they had been born to do. But to live was the greatest gift they could give their blood and surrogate mothers.

Her smile faded slightly, when thoughts of Crimson Dreams falling apart came to her mind. At times she found herself remembering joyful times in the pack and when the memory was played out she had forgotten that the pack was gone. And the grieving began once again. Of course, Eclipse. It is in our nature to fine the home that suits us best. I am glad to see you well. Anu replied. She grew a bit less joyful as she added, Yes, it has been hard. But I think it was the best, for the pack. We had lost our alpha. She wished to return to her homeland. And our numbers were small.

There was not much else she could say to describe the disbandment. She had chosen the avenue because in her heart she felt it was the best for the members.

Anu followed Eclipse in her demeanor as she described her new pack; it was easy to ride the wave of pride and excitement that radiated from the younger woman. And the loner needed to feel those things so badly. A garden? Perhaps I will visit. Anu returned with a new found smile. Is that your rank? To tend to the garden? She asked with interest. Had the small experience she had with Anu as a pup caused her to travel down that path?

She shook her head softly at the concerned question, her smile softening but still present. It was sweet for the girl to be concerned and to feel love from a friend gave the older woman a reassuring warmth. No, there are a few from the old pack that I live with. And an old friend of mine, she has joined us as well. Tayui was more then a friend to the woman, but it was hard to explain in words the connect between them. To know that she would no longer be alone, even if all the rest fell away from her, was still seemingly so unreal.

Who are you traveling with? They are both very beautiful. She looked to the horses, curious to know about Eclipse’s companions.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 312 OOC: Don't know if you remember but Grace is Lili's old horse, the one that dumped and killed her XDDD... though i don't know if Anu knows anything about Grace at all, i know she wasn't there when Lili died, I think...

It was obvious Anu did not want to linger on the subject of Crimson Dreams for long so it was good Eclipse spoke more of where she lived, and she seemed to brighten at the young woman’s explanation of the communal garden and smiled; “It would be great if you can visit, but no it is not my rank. I am in a way an artist. I pretty much cook for those who want it and hunt of course.” She said smiling shyly plucking at the tip of her bow that was on her back; “But I started a garden in Ichika and helping in Cercatori. I do like it very much. The fresh herbs are nice ,and smell good too.” She did not grow any flowers herself but there were some that were grown for Taliesin for the healing properties.

Eclipse was reassured that the woman was not entirely alone and it showed as she straightened even more at the mention of it; “I am so glad you have others with you, I have heard bad stories here and there of attacks, but who or where, I don’t know...” She turned to the horses who were enjoying the shade of the tree, the colt was rolling in the grass while his mother was giving him a bemused look and Eclipse giggled; “Oh this is Grace, the large lady over there, and that is... well I haven’t named him but that’s her colt. I’m going a pretty far ways or I wouldn’t bring him with me, but he needs his mother.” She said turning back with a grin; “So, are you keeping a garden now where you live? If you want I do have some see, they are herbs and spices, I don’t have any flowers though I’m afraid.” She said apologetically.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html] sorry for the wait!

Her focus stayed planted on the younger woman’s rank and her home. It was far easier to think of then their passed home, Crimson Dreams. Eclipse explained that she was a cook for the pack member of Cercatori, and that it was the herbs that she liked the best. Anu nodded, her smile remaining. You must use them in your cooking. Anu commented lightly, knowing that many herbs had a value for healing as well as one for taste.

Blue eyes looked at the horses as the other female explained their names. The younger did not have a call name yet, which was a bit odd since most pups had names as soon as they where birthed. But perhaps it was different for the fillies and colts of horses, Anu did not know much about their breeding.

There is just an orchard, no garden. It must have been a cider House; there are many acres of land and many apple trees. Anu paused, looking down in thought… I do not know how long we will stay there, and a proper garden takes so much time and effort. She spoke when her eyes returned to the brown hued girl. It took so much out of her to plant, to tend and to coax seedlings to prosper into flowers. She realized that she did not have her heart planted among Berwick to give so much of herself.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 340 OOC: Same here >.< And we can end this in a few posts Smile

Eclipse smiled at Anu and nodded, “I do that, I dry some too because they last far longer that way and give a nice taste when dried. The pack does have vegetables and stuff, I think mostly for the horses and animals that live there.” Eclipse said, wagging her tail at the thought of it all. Grace came over at the mention of her name, her large ears perked forward and she lipped at Eclipse’s shoulder. Eclipse gave a kind push to the horse’s head and motioned her off.

The girl brightened a little at the mention of the orchard; “I visited there once when I was a pup, I think my mom got mad at me for running off, I never did get to see the fruit it bore, not in these lands at least.” She said, her mind remembering when she was rather young and got away from her parents... once again. Eclipse had been good at that, finding ways out of her house and the worried looks on her parents face. She had wanderlust at the beginning she thought as she looked over at Anu and nodded; “I see, yeah, I have some potted plants, they thrive well enough so far. I learned out from a gardening book.” She said, she remembered it said it was an easier way of getting the plants to grow strong without having to worry about weeds, but she wasn’t able to show Anu that because she had no pots for the soil. “It really is great to see you and I am glad you are alive and healthy, but I’m afraid I must push on. Maybe sometime I can cook you up a meal, but today I need to make a bit of distance.” She said, she did not immediately make for her horses, she was not in that much of a hurry, but she knew they would have to say their goodbyes even though this time Eclipse didn’t want to.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]