[p] all hail king Neptune
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:23% 18% ;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 12 July

Weather: Warm, overcast

Time: Afternoon
Optime

(332) For X'y.

Vasiliy is by me!

Though Vasiliy was greatly enjoying the coastal areas, the dark-furred Russian knew he ought to move inland. Some brought news of packs nearby, and Vasi intended to make sure they were aware of the Cercatori d'Arte pack's presence. He hadn't spent much time within the Tides camp, but the rowboats were swift and carried him across the waters. Landing was a little difficult -- neither coast was well-suited for boat landings. The far coast was marshy, almost swampy, and this one was rocky and foreboding. Vasi had seen some of the red rocks jutting from the ocean, and the strangeness of this shoreline fascinated him.

The inland areas were no less beautiful: untouched wilderness, they reminded him of the forests around Cercatori d'Arte. Trees and other overgrowth had retaken the old hiking trails leftover from humanity -- only the widest remained, and it was on one of these overgrowth dirt tracks Vasi made his way, humming. The pale horse, Jakki, was behind him on a lead rope, laden with a few goods. Behind her trailed two of the sheep, paired only because they were more comfortable in a group than alone. Looping carefully around the larger pack's territory, the granite-furred hybrid headed generally north, beginning to follow scent trails as they made themselves known.

Before long, he knew he must be on the border -- the scent of other wolves was thick hereabouts, covering the air. Vasi's dark ears twitched forward and he appraised this land. A mountain rose in the backdrop, one long, low peak that seemed to hover over the flat forestlands surrounding it. What a lovely place to settle, he murmured in his mother tongue. Vasi reverted to Russian quite easily when he was by his lonesome. Tilting his head back with a summons -- gentle and without demand as it was -- the dark-furred Russian called to this unknown pack, then settled back to wait and see if they'd come to trade.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: Later in the day. July 12
  • Form: Optime

• Anger was an emotion though to be lost on the female Nomad. But this was certainly not the case. Over the course of her lifetime thus far, she had done considerably well to relinquish any reason to let that unflattering emotion surface, despite how many times it tried to rear itself. Deep breaths and an unflinching control were often the means to maintain her calm even during the worst of times. But even though methods lasted only for so long before the inevitable fallout came to.

But this would not be one of those times. Rather she would save it and harness it for something useless. This was an anger like no other. Surely she could use it for something other than screaming into the wind. For starters, she could address the voice summoning one to the border. If anything needed doing it was certainly that. And as the ancestors would have it, her stomps on the earth had led her near it, intentionally or other.

She breathed deeply to maintain her calm, reassuming the face of tranquility for the sake of donning a presentable appearance. Though she lacked her traditional garb, the symbols that marked her not only and Exultare, but a proud Nomad lead of her Family, she maintained the stature of one with confidence and certainty. Rather than the slump of a broken woman needing to cry her pain to the heavens. Such melodrama was unbecoming...

What began as a dark speck before her eyes gradually grew to a full form with a faintly colored animal behind it. She raised her hand in greeting as she approached feeling little need to sound her welcome when her address was swift and her steps were near. Rather she waited until the full form was accompanied with detail, the unmistakable physique of a male with a horse and two soft looking creatures behind it. And odd cargo to have during travel. Perhaps this was a wanderer looking for rest?

"Goodday to you," X'yrin offered politely, lowering her head humbly in greeting. "I am X'yrin, Issor-Alpha to the Nomads of Sangi'lak. May I know your name, stranger? And what has brought you to our borders..."

364 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(315)

Vasiliy is by me!

Vasiliy had little experience with packs other than his Cercatori d'Arte. He didn't know what to expect, but the Russian was calm, all the same. He knew nothing of the reputation of certain groups in this land, and was therefore unconcerned with the sort of reception he'd receive, assuming all was friendliness and openness to trade. He did not have to wait long before the sounds of an approach caught his dark ears. Bright blue eyes peered up and around, seeking the source of the sound, and in the distance he saw a figure moving toward him, two-legged and tall. She appeared to be colored as the trunks of trees at first, but as she drew nearer, Vasiliy saw her coat was far more golden than it was brown, streaked with rust and russet in places, as well.

She spoke a greeting and then a mouthful of titles that Vasi could barely comprehend. He grinned broadly all the same, assuming it had something to do with her rank and the place he'd come to trade. Vasiliy Russo, good lady friend, he said, introducing himself in a voice thick and growly with the accent of the motherland. I am Cercatori d'Arte wolf, come north with ship to trade. I walk here from camp, back that way, he said, gesturing with a dark hand in the general direction of the place where his pack made camp.

This pack, he started, thinking on the string of titles and locations she'd given him previously. Nomads of Sangi'lak. You trade? Have horse, have sheep, have many other goods, he said, patting Jakki on the neck. The mare whickered her approval and lifted her head upward, arching her neck as she did so. Vasi grinned, not having planned for the mare to show off, but happy she'd done so all the same.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: ...and his water-breathers.

What she received in return to her greeting was unexpected to say the least. The male was not at all unkind, but his words were partial at best. Lacking but understandable. A being of another culture. Her eyes visibly brightened to this fact and tail began to sway just a bit faster in his presence. As he named himself, the she-wolf lowered her head politely then bent her ears forward to her what he had to offer.

A wolf of another pack come to trade? And it was one she recognized from her time at the festival during winter. As she recalled she had met a woman named Skye… and a time later, encountered her brother. Surely this wolf would know her, but instead of immediately asking, she let him continue all the while wearing an eager smile.

“I know of your pack,” she replied once his intentions had been expressed. “I have traded with d’ Arte before. It was good.” She was not certain if her words would be understood, but perhaps a nod was enough to convey approval. As she had learned from the festival, an opportunity to trade was well worth it. Despite the bartering involved, the constant appraisal of goods in both quality and quantity, the end result was either a necessity or something new. But something always came from it. To have a chance at something new was exciting to say the least.

Though her taste in livestock was not usually for the towering mounts, she was none the less drawn to the horse by her attractive display. She did not know where to begin to appraise horses as her only experience had been with a rather temperamental but strong beast belonging to her past mate. But the same temptation she shared with him, extended to the large animal before her; what did it taste like? Such a beast was not only meant for riding, was it? But such was a train of thought better explored at another time. Drawing her eyes away from the attractive animal, she smiled to the merchant and extended her arm beyond the border granting him and his cargo access. “Please Vasiliy, walk with me. What other goods do you have to trade with Sangi’lak?”

375 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(362) YES GORILLAZ 5EVAR O_O

Vasiliy is by Raze!

Vasiliy was unaware of his pack's history and interactions with other areas. He hadn't had the chance to ask anyone about it: most of those he'd met seemed nearly new as he himself was. Dalgina was too young to have seen much, and Eclipse had confessed to him she was also a newcomer. But it was good to hear the woman speak of the d'Arte pack as friendly and having good trade. He grinned broadly and swished his tail, proud for something he hadn't even helped with. Nevertheless, it was something his pack had done, and community was important to the dark male.

I am happy you hear of us, he said, breathing inward of the pines and deep, earthy forest scents. They were beneath the wolf-scents, to be sure, but plainly, the air smelled more of pine and tree than it did wolf. Vasi couldn't have known the newness and size of Sangi'lak, of course, and he was surprised by the strength of the forest scent. The woman's smile and invitation was met with a grin of his own, and Vasi bobbed his head downward respectfully. He thought it was quite a big deal to be invited over the borders, and a tremble went through him, ending in a shivering wag of his tail. Thank you, he declared. Is great honor to have invite to pack, he burbled happily, stepping forward.

His inventory was memorized, for he hadn't brought a great amount of stuff -- the horse could carry only so much and there might be other traders at the camp even now. Paper, mine pack makes from garlic, he explained. Plants -- poppy seeds, some berries, cannabis. A few torches, and I bring jewelery, too. A paltry bit of what they had in the camp, and still less than the stores of the pack. If nothing you like, there is more. Much more, he said, spreading his arms and accidentally pulling Jakki's lead rope taut. The horse snorted her displeasure and Vasi let the rope slacken immediately, tossing an apologetic glance toward the mare. Sorry, missus, he murmured toward the mare.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc: :O Fo sho!

The extent of the pack hospitality did not end with just an invite onto their land. The Nomad was notorious for offering food to wanderers and on rare occasions, a place to rest so long as the guest's manners remained intact. In mentioning his camp, she was less inclined to offer him a place to rest and had instead settled on offering him a meal before he departed. An act of good will extended from one pack representative to another.

Before they tread deeper into pack lands, she made certain to alert the pack of their guest in tow. A summon for the curious and a report to the vigilant. There was little need to hide an offer of fortune when surely this encounter would benefit them all. Why else would the ancestors have this moment come to pass? She smiled at Vasiliy's show of gratitude and again lowered her head humbly. "I assure you, the honor is mine. As for your items..."

She listened intently as he listed off his wares in tow. Her tail visibly twitched at the mention of cannabis, a crop Ichika had been known for and was now lost with the fields unattended. Perhaps if she learned to cultivate the crop herself... Mention of the berries led her thoughts to Sira and her odd pallet for some of the more interesting foods. A treat for the young woman for her efforts. Torches the pack could make use of, and at the many of more things, the Issor turned to her guest. "You have even more things?" she inquired, looking from the livestock to the cargo across the horse's back. "When I traded with your pack before there were...eggs...and little birds...chickens.-" if she recalled them right "-Do you have any of them? And the...sheep?" She pointed over her shoulder at the little soft looking creatures. "...do they make things? Like the chickens make eggs?"

318 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(321) Their music makes me want to dance. <_< This is why I sit here at 3 AM waving my arms like a loon...

Vasiliy is by Raze!

Vasi had sorely wished he had more skills to offer his pack on more than one occasion. He was not a creator or artist by any means; instead, his hands were made for laboring projects. Perhaps his personality suited him for this task, as well -- the thought hadn't yet occurred to Vasi, who had picked the mercantile tier for lack of any other discernible skills. If he could make nothing of use to his pack, at least he might be able to trade the wares made by fellow d'Arte members. It was therefore a happy accident -- and little else -- that had given him over to a job well-suited to his skills.

Aye, back in camp. There are eggs, and chickens both, he said, sorrowful that he hadn't brought either of these things along. The eggs would break too easily, however, and the chickens were ill-suited to travel. He might have affixed them to Jakki's back as the stranger with pretty eyes and oils to trade had done, but this had all seemed a big amount of effort without guaranteed payoff to Vasi. Now, he lamented his laziness and could only apologize. I am sorry, I did not bring chickens or eggs. Eggs break, chickens squawk and peck horse.

But sheep -- ah, they make things, yes. Not eggs, they have living baby called lamb. He knew little about the reproductive capabilities of the sheep, but he knew their products. Their coat -- you cut off, it grows back. Does not hurt sheep. This coat called "wool" when cut off, and this wool can be used for many thing. Fabric -- felt -- and... ah, I do not know word. Like thick string, he said, trying to figure out what to call "yarn" without the word for it. It is no thing to go to camp and come back here, he added, smiling. If need chicken, I go get chicken.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc: I tend to do the noodle arms in traffic, especially to Glitter Freeze. Ppl in the cars next to me like "O.O wut? seizure?"

There were indeed eggs and chickens as well, but at the camp the merchant spoke of. The Nomad nodded in understanding but with an excited smile on her weathered muzzle. If it meant tasting the eggs again, she could wait for them to be brought or seek them out herself in the spirit of trade. She felt herself growing more excited at the thought of this exchange and delving again into the art of bartering. The festival was much too brief an indulge in her opinion but though she did not seek out another event like it, a part of her was starved for that kind of stimulating interaction again.

“It’s alright if you did not bring them,” she assured the dark merchant with a smile. “We could perhaps talk about what you would trade for them…once you see what Sangi’lak has to offer. But the sheep…” Drawing near the tranquil of the three rivers that ran through their territory, she paused for a moment to thoroughly inspect the soft looking creatures. Could something so small truly produce so much? And what an abundance the pack could have if the little animals were to breed and grow!

“Do you have other animals like the sheep?” she pointed down at the little fluffy thing. “Animals that make things.” She knew only from her experience with a couple of horses how their mane and tail could be used for string and brushes, but the animals themselves were too unpredictable for her likely, though it was more than likely because she hadn’t taken the time nor opportunity to learn their habits as she had seen their handlers do. Either way, despite the beauty of the mare, her interests lied in the smaller, more docile animals. Unless of course horses made other things she simply was not aware of.

305 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(454) I LOVE DOING THAT WHEN MY MANTHING IS IN THE CAR. Once I was sitting at a light with my best guy friend and this car with four people pulled up next to us. ALL FOUR OF THEM were dancing like crazy and encouraging us to dance. I like these things. 8D

Vasiliy is by me!

Aye, the Russian agreed, happily enough. He was eager to see what this pack held for trade, though he did not prompt her regarding their goods. To do so was rude in Vasiliy's eyes -- all in good time! He was a creature of patience and optimism, and quite capable of waiting. Besides, he liked this forest quite a lot -- before long, the cool, fresh scent of water came to his nose, and he sniffed deeply, enjoying the complement this paid to the deep, piney scent of their forests.

His dark ears pricked upward as she inquired after other animals that made things. The dusky-hued wolf thought on that a moment, and frowned. There were cows and goats back in their packland, but he hadn't seen nearly as many cows and goats as there were sheep, horses, and even chickens. That was part of the reason why there were none in their camps. But -- perhaps he could still be of use to this X'yrin. Her question was vague -- perhaps she did not know what animals could be used for production. If so, Vasiliy could give her a start on that.

Your packland -- lovely, he declared. Though the steely hybrid did not believe he'd made any mistakes in picking Cercatori d'Arte as his home, part of him did envy this Sangi'lak and its forests. I think if Sangi'lak want livestock, you raise strong here, he said. But -- I am sorry to say, we bring no other animals that make things. In home Cercatori lands, have cows and goats, but not many. Maybe not for trade, he added, apologetically.

But I tell you what animals want, maybe. Cow make milk, and goat make milk, make hides, make thing from hoof and horn. These kinds of animals you are want? Maybe, too -- pig. Pig not make much, other than brushes from hair, but have good meat. Maybe find goose? Also make egg, and feathers very useful. He gave a thoughtful pause, tilting his head as he considered.

Ah, ah, ah! he said, suddenly. Maybe duck? Also make egg. Another pause. Other animal... do, not make. Like bird -- ah, pigeon, I think? Over sea, where Vasiliy is from, pigeon carry message over distance. Faster than Luperci, sometimes. Make egg, of course, is bird, but very small. Many eggs to fill belly, he declared. And -- all these things, I think you get in Freetown. Is far south, you have never been? Many go there. Always animals for trade -- if Cercatori does not have, you go there, too, and have animal, he said, grinning. Thereafter, the dusky-furred hybrid looked to her hopefully, wondering if he'd provided a good start for her.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc: o.o....OMG YAY! Big Grin Totally have done that before, but it's only ever going out toward the beach nearby. Tis like the only time you can blast music and everyone within earshot is all "YES! LOUDER! DANCE IN THE STREET!" In the city...not so much.

When it came to livestock, she knew next to nothing of them, only that they were animals she was not supposed to eat for some reason. In Ichika she had been taunted by the tender flesh of the horses and tempted wholeheartedly by the temperamental llamas that often brayed and spat when she came near. As if smelling her intentions to make a feast out of them. But to maintain a kind standing with her packmates, she resisted the urge regardless of how much she was compelled. With time she came to look at the animals as what they were; assets to the pack, but in what regard she did not know. With the opportunity to trade for these animals now, she hoped to learn of their uses and see the benefits in having them to perhaps provide a service to better the Family.

To the compliment of her land, the autumn female humbly dipped her head in gratitude with tail dancing with glee. She remained silent as the kind merchant shared his information about several animals and their uses. His charming way of speaking kept the soft smile on her muzzle and even encouraged a little giggle now and again especially when he mentioned the pig.

All these animals could be found in Freetown apparently. Though she had never seen it, she had heard of it before from travelers both around the Wentworth and the mountain. It was quite a ways as far as she understood, at least a couple days' trek. But with what could be found from the livestock, it seemed worth the walk to this unseen settlement.

"I know about pigeons," she offered in conversation, then motioned to a long owl feather fastened to a long braid. "I teach birds. Owls, falcons, pigeons. I speak to them and train them to hunt and have taught small birds to carry things. I did this for a tribe-lady of AniWaya." X'yrin did not know immediately what good her information was to Vasiliy, but she hoped he would remember it should the need for a bird arise either to him or his pack. "Perhaps I will visit Freetown soon," she continued whilst looking down at the little sheep again. "But I would like to trade with your first. Sangi'lak has many furs, and stretched and tanned elk, deer, and moose hides. We have very hard bones and antler"-she raised her hands and fanned her claws out above head to make a gesture for the things on top of the prey animals heads-" that can be made into weapons. And soft and hand stone. You can make anything out of the soft stone, easily with your claw. And hard, shiny stones in different colors."

454 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(--)

Vasiliy is by me!

The granite-furred wolf was eager to listen to the woman's wares, but he nodded, curious at the idea of raising birds for such purposes. He had seen a falconer or two in the port towns, of course, but he'd never put two and two together. I did not know bird-talk and wolf-talk could be same, he said, shaking his head. Few in Sobirat'sya bothered with low speech, and it wasn't something he'd investigated heavily -- being that he'd never heard of it before now. AniWaya close to Cercatori, he observed, thinking on this. He had never been to the southerly pack before -- perhaps they would be good traders, too.

He was hopeful that the Sangi'lak canines would have something worthwhile, and as he listened to X'yrin describe the things, he nodded, ever more excited. Antlers and bones could be used in many art projects, along with either of the stones. Hides and furs were useful to Cercatori, as well -- though there were moose and elk in the southerly forests, the dark-furred wolf did not think his pack kept a store on hand. All things are good sound, he declared. Sheep is what want? Two? he asked, cocking his head. The wolf would be glad to offload the livestock -- they would be worth good trade value, and he would return to his pack with a bounty of raw materials.

But is big cost for sheep, for these things. Not unfair, I think, but big all same, he said, shrugging and smiling. It was a perfectly innocent smile, for Vasiliy was not interested in disadvantaging others for his own gain or the gain of his group.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

If there was one thing a Nomad understood, it was trade. Though her own skills are bartering were amateur at best, she had witnessed some of the quick tongued and skilled negotiate prize after worthwhile prize that would appease the parties involved. Her own from of exchange was with offering food for stories and the bit of trading she had done at the festival. But now was the opportunity to flex those skills even more, and the prospect was too enticing to not smile about.

In referring to the sheep, X’yrin looked at the little creatures with a calculating expression, bringing a paw to rest beneath her chin. It was difficult to exchange for animals, that much she had learned with trading for chickens, but then she had been offered a ‘prize’ for them, rather than assuming one herself. But if she had to offer something…

“…We have full-size moose antler-“ she spanned her arms wide to emphasize their length- “and furs. Cougar and bear. Perhaps that for two?”

--- words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(--)

Vasiliy is by Raze!

While there were many elk in the southern forests, moose were creatures less frequently seen. The smoky-furred hybrid had never seen one of the massive creatures in the southerly forests, in fact -- though he didn't consider that he'd only been there a short while. Cougar and bear pelts, too, were notoriously difficult to obtain -- as valuable as tiger pelts in his motherland, for tigers were capable of killing an unarmed Luperci with ease. While a pack of wolves might threaten one of the massive felines, alone, it was a gamble of a fight. The same could be said of the cougar wildcats -- ferocious and silent when sneaking up on a Luperci -- and the bears -- massive and formidable opponents. Both yielded thick pelts, as well -- certainly enough to make up for whatever loss of wool they suffered with the departure of these sheep.

Aye, he declared. I am hope pelts are good -- no holes? While bear and cougar pelts were large enough to use in sections even with a gaping hole in the center of the pelt, furs were more useful and more valuable in their whole form. Maybe give some small stone, too. Mine pack like make things -- so happy when see these stones, I think, he said, thinking of Dalgina -- perhaps she'd like to carve stone as well as wood. If not her, there were surely others within Cercatori who would find pretty, carving-friendly stones to their tastes.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc: Big Grin Thank you so much for helping to get this started. Shall we OOC assume the items were traded?

She could say with certainty that at least one of the offered pelts were not damaged; the cougar pelt acquired from an attack upon her a season or more prior. It had served as a memento for the time she and Jaden had come together again and began the start of their new life together. It was a cherished item, but overtime had just become an accent to the den. It was an article that could be parted with if it was meant to bring something better for the pack. The bear pelt had been a last minute gift from the festival in winter.

As for the stones. She pondered briefly which would be better to offer, given the soft nature of some and the sparkling brilliance of others. “Well…” she began again, her voice soft in thought. “It would be better if I showed you the stones and you picked something you think you might like. Our mountain is filled with them,” she announced with pride at the worthwhile find upon their territory. Perhaps with more dedicated mining, much more could be unearth and offered in due time. Smiling, she extended her paw toward the mountain home and proceeded toward it with determined stride. “Allow me…”

--- words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

(--) No prob, glad Vasi could help ^_^ that works by me -- can just archive this, then, whenever you're ready? :3

Vasiliy is by me!

Vasiliy was eager to bring home these items to his packmates. He was sure they would be well-received -- pelts, stones, and antlers? All these raw materials could be put to use, he was sure of it. Though the granite-furred wolf himself was not capable of making useful or beautiful things from these items, surely those within his pack were capable. When the Issor spoke of his choice of rocks, the Russian nearly balked. Vasiliy choosing stones? It would never do -- he wouldn't know what to look for. His eyes weren't meant for such things. But -- he was Cercatori's only representative in this foreign place, and he could not allow silly anxieties to interfere with his duties. He'd come here to trade, and trade he would.

Wonderful, he declared, the largest word he knew for "good." Thank you, he added, grinning as he stepped forward. This mountain seemed to stand taller than the spiny ridge to the east. He wondered what the its innards would look like -- would they sparkle and shine? He had seen rocks before that appeared to be just regular rocks until broken open. Perhaps he'd find these sorts of rocks in the mountain. He might be able to play a joke on his fellow packmates -- he'd return with gray, ugly rocks and tell everyone how proud he was of a trade well done. Perhaps he could even extend the joke with a story about how such rocks were beyond value in his motherland.

<style>
    </style>[/html]