like children, my dreams run away
[html]
Again the sun was never called
And darkness spreads over the snow
Like ancient bruises

458 :: Plz excuse, I am rusty and feeling Marika out XD Also Faina looks like this.

How strange it was, to be making this trek again. It was not a trip she had really planned on making again, but then again, so many of the turns in her life path seemed to be unforeseen. Now that she was making her way back to the lands of 'Souls though the real question was: how long would she stay? Marika had always like the sound of finding someplace permanent to settle down, but the wanderlust that flowed in her veins had always had other plans. It seemed she had always been bouncing from one place to another the whole of her life. It probably had much to do with the way she had lived when she had still been with her parents. They had been wandering souls and it seemed they had passed that trait onto their children.

That was perhaps why the life of the Romani had been of such an appeal to her. They were a cohesive family unit, but they traveled, never staying in one place for too long. The wayward Russo daughter had thrived in that environment. She had continued in her study of equine husbandry and come into the possession of a beautiful Vanner mare whom she had named Faina. Her skills in the healing arts had improved, as well as various other hobbies that she had picked up in her time among them. Of course that happiness and sense of worth had been poisoned by her relationship with one of the men: Milosh. It had started off wonderfully, as those things always do. But quickly he had become possessive, and in turn that brought out the worst in her. After months, Marika had come to realize she needed to escape Milosh, and sadly with him, the gypsy clan as well. The hybrid woman had packed what she could into Faina's saddlebags and taken off in the middle of the night, without once looking back.

The most difficult part had been to secure an ocean passage for both Faina and herself. Not many captains wished to take on the risk of transporting a horse, and while Marika understood why, she refused to leave the mare behind. Finally she had found a ship willing to take the both of them to Freetown, and now here she was, following the land bridge down to Nova Scotia. The pair had come upon the outskirts of an old human city, and out of curiosity the Russo had guided them into its depths. Faina's large hooves sounded loudly on the broken asphalt, echoing against the dilapidated buildings that surrounded them. Mismatched eyes watched hawk-like for any sign of a useful item to scavenge, and also for any potential threats that might materialize from the ghost city.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Next+Door);
#marikaText2 .ooc { font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
#marikaText2 .topHeader {
font-family:'The Girl Next Door';
text-align:center;
font-size:18px;
padding:20px 40px;
}
#marikaText2 p {
margin:0; padding:5px 25px;
}
#marikaText2 p:first-child {padding-top:0;}
#marikaText2 p:last-child {padding-bottom:0;}
#marikaText2 b {
}
#marikaText2 b:before { content:open-quote; }
#marikaText2 b:after { content:close-quote; }
#marikaText2 {
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UWBBh.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position: top center;
width:500px;
margin:0 auto;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica,Sans-Serif;
font-size:12px;
}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(420) oops, rambly post is rambly.

It had been a full moon's time since her last, unfortunate encounter in Amherst. After a concussion and several minor wounds, all of which were now healed, Lilin felt a bit more at ease with leaving the pack lands - even if the surrounding environment was far from safe. Her half-sibling Colibri had come back to her on the brink of unconsciousness, bruised and beaten by a loner she'd described as a black dog. She too had been assaulted right next to the packlands, where she'd blissfully considered herself safe from outside threats. As it stood, none of them where safe and the Soulstorm heir herself had strongly suggested that the pack's Aeska stay within Jordheim at all times, where their activities could be closely monitored by their peers. Others, males and females, were to travel in twos at all times until further notice.

And yet, here she was, breaching her own commands and returning to the place where she herself had fallen victim to a larger female. She had followed protocol and left the pack lands with another Vinattan female, Grace. Their relationship had propered into something akin to friendship, especially following their journey to Anathema. Lilin wasn't much of a talker but the D'Angelo woman didn't seem to mind. If she did, she kept her annoyance well concealed which, given her outspoken personality, was highly unlikely. Once in the city, the girls had split up in two different directions - Grace was probably looking for various herbs and books, while Lilin aimlessly wandered through barren streets in hopes of finding something useful. They were close enough in proximity should either one of them encounter any trouble.

Her head turned with a jerk when the sound of hooves hitting the pavement reverberated in the area, clearly coming from around the corner. At first, Lilin had thought of Grace's mare, Mai, but it wasn't long until she remembered that Mai no longer belonged to the golden female. A cold chill ran down her spine and her body tensed, remembering that her assailant had also owned a horse. While the cautious part of her wanted to regroup and find Grace, the more rational part of her brain emphasized the fact that horses were more than common nowadays. So she moved forward instead, dichotomous receivers pricked and alert- her tail taught with care and curiosity. "Haven't seen you around these parts before," she exclaimed when she finally caught sight of the stranger- no one she recognized.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Like ancient bruises

262 :: Big Grin

There was something about these cities in the new world that made a bit of a chill run down her spine. Back in Europe, most cities were now, at least to some extent, inhabited by luperci. There was new life springing up among the ruins of the human's civilized places. Here though...here it was all dead. No one would call Sobirat'sya a "warm" place, but even in the cold reaches of the Russian north where her family lived was more welcoming than this empty place. Marika was good at hiding whatever nerves she was feeling behind a collected exterior, but there was that undeniable bundle of nerves at the end of her spine that were ready to explode with the slightest provocation.

Despite the Russo's ability to appear cool, the Vanner mare could sense her mistress' nervous energy and reacted accordingly. Her cupped ears were at half mast and twitched toward any little sound that was made. When the other wolf appeared in their path, Faina immediately stopped and snorted, her long-haired tail swishing back and forth in uncertainty. The pierced hybrid put a calming hand on the mare's next; no reason to be afraid, not yet anyway. Hallo, she called out to the duo-toned woman. I am not trespassing, am I? I know I smelled some packs nearby, but I did not zhink I had gone too close to zhe borders. Blue and brown eyes darted to check her periphery before returning back to other wolf. I am Marika Russo, and zhis is Fiana. Ve travel vizh no ill intent.

<style>
}
#marikaText2 p {
}
#marikaText2 b {
}
#marikaText2 {
}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(302) --

Through curiosity she found strength; there was no fluidity in her steps, only uncertainty as she edged closer to the traveling duo. Lilin came to an abrupt stop, however, when the Vanner mare channeled her seemingly volatile nature with a sharp exhale of air. Her knowledge pertaining to horses and their behavior was basic; she had never wanted one nor would she ever. She understood their utility though- that is, when the horse showed a certain level of compliance. Mares like Grace's previous companion, Mai, seemed like more than a handful. The Virding couldn't tell if that was the case with this one. Still, she made no move further. An impending hoof to the head was enough to keep her a safe distance away - a better alternative for all parties involved.

''Hello. No, you're not trespassing,'' she started, noting the way the female's horse calmed with a simple touch from its owner. After determining that they were no immediate threat, her mediterranean blue orbs turned to the gray woman- taking in her unusual appearance with a considerable amount of interest. Lilin couldn't understand the need for piercings in general but she refrained from saying as much; it was the various pieces of jewelry that caught her eye. She had always been fond of decorative trinkets and it showed in the way she silently scrutinized every piece. ''Lilin Soulstorm,'' she finally responded, curling a finger to designate herself as if her name wasn't enough. ''I would be careful if I were you. My sister was attacked by a loner not too far from here.'' Her warning was no doubt fueled by a minor case of feminine solidarity. Knowledge was power and if Marika knew what to expect, perhaps she could avoid a tragic fate. ''Where are you headed?''

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Like ancient bruises

380 ::

It appeared that Marika was not the only one feeling hesitance in this encounter; the other wolf abruptly stopped at Faina's snort. The Russo had never been afraid of horses, but she did understand their danger. The Vanner was a large horse and without knowing her sweet demeanor, would certainly appear a very large threat to an unmounted individual. While she had no desire to intimidate this woman, it was good to known that perhaps Faina could be of use in that way. The mare was not an aggressive creature by any means, but it's not like stranger would know that.

The hybrid exhaled in relief when she learned that she was not in fact trespassing. Marika had always been very careful about these things, but gods knew she was not above making mistakes and that would be a very bad mistake to make. The other woman seemed to relax some, and from there Marika felt her bright blue gaze travel from piercing to piercing upon her head. Feelings embarrassment and resentment mixed in her gut at having her facial modifications so scrutinized. It was the way of her family, and she was proud to display the piercings—especially the one through her eyebrow—but it never felt good to be studied in such a manner. One instinct told her to tell the woman to stop staring, but she didn't want to start her return to these lands off on a bad foot, so she swallowed her injuries. Is good to meet you, she mumbled, kind words still stained with a hint of offense.

Decorated ears perked at the mention of her sibling's attack near here. Zhat is horrible; I hope she is alright. Zhank you for zhe varning. Clearly she had been right to feel uneasy in this dead city. When Lilin asked where she was headed, for the first time the Russo realized that she had not really planned that far ahead. I...don't know really. Years ago I stayed in zhe pack of Miracles for a short time, vizh my grandfazher, but he is back in Mozher Russia now. I have not really zhought of vhere to go, now zhat I am here, she said with a sheepish look on her face. How foolish she surely sounded.

<style>
}
#marikaText2 p {
}
#marikaText2 b {
}
#marikaText2 {
}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(305) --

Lilin's manners were questionable at times; she did not catch the annoyance tacked to the female's face, however. Perhaps this was because she had not actively been searching for any precursors. There were times when the Virding would be vaguely aware of her wrongdoings but at that very moment, she was blissfully oblivious to it all. She did acknowledge the hint of disdain in the other female's voice with a tilt of her head though. Lilin relinquished all responsibility and merely assumed that personal issues were to blame. Not wanting to pry into her business, she shrugged it off and moved on to their next topic of conversation.

A curt nod was provided in response to her kind words. ''Yes, she's recuperating.'' The Virding was certain Colibri would not appreciate strangers knowing about her condition and so, her identity was kept a secret from the outside world. ''A pack mate of mine is from Cour des Miracles- a husky, his name's Ezra.'' Maybe they knew each other. Ever since Barrett's departure, her friend had not been the same. It had affected them all greatly- Lilin especially, but she'd found happiness in spite of it all. Ezra, on the other hand, had never really bounced back from the whole ordeal. An old acquaintance could serve as a remedy of sorts.''Well, my pack is located by the lake should you ever need a place to stay for a little while,'' she offered, pointing to the south-west with an index finger.

She did not expect the russian woman to readily accept the offer though. From the looks of things, Marika was not actively seeking a home and it would take more than a mere invitation to make her settle. Lilin herself had enjoyed many months of lonership. Perhaps that's just what this female needed.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]