Green Grass
[html]
WC: 343 OOC: Eclipse is optime, she wears nothing but a purple scarf in her hair that holds it up, and forgot to take her bow and arrows off when she came back so those are over her shoulder too haha. Also in afternoon if that's ok with you Smile

Saul didn’t give her many details as to what happened other than Colibri had been attacked and Eclipse was worried for her aunt. She seemed fine at the party, but looks were deceiving as she knew all too well and figured since she was to be here for the day she would find the woman and see if there was any way that Eclipse could help. The territory was pretty big, though not as big as Cercatori, but it had been established far longer than this pack and they would be aparently fighting for land with the new pack that was their immidiate neighbors. It was still big enough and she learned that most lived in the same village that Saul himself had taken residence in. Soon she found herself in a garden and remembered the words Colibri told eclipse of her own garden. Eclipse figured this was it. It was a beautiful garden indeed and the girl hoped to start her own small little one for her own personal needs though the pack she lived in had a communal one that did keep her busy enough as well.

Colibri wasn’t here, though Eclipse had a feeling this garden was tended to quite often. She would wait, and found a safe spot in a patch of grass to admire the plants that were newly growing in the garden. She could identify some, but not all and wondered if the woman grew more than just herbs and spices. She was a cook and knew mostly about those plants, not to mention the vegetables that were grown in the communal gardens in Cercatori, but there were so many different types of things it was just amazing to think about. She let her eyes close and her ears drift to listen to everything around her, she did feel safe enough in the pack that belonged to her family and there were plenty of wolves about the village that she didn’t worry about anyone coming if she needed help, though she was a capable fighter.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

<3 It's all good! Thank you for starting~~ =)
WC: 548

lost into the weight of gravity

The feast last night had been remarkable, something Colibri would remember for a long time to come. She had completely filled her stomach for the first time in a very long while, having gorged herself on the superbly roasted venison prepared for them all. There had been so much good company and conversation around her that even her antisocial tendencies were suppressed, and she let down her guard enough to smile and laugh. Eclipse had done an amazing thing for them all.

Now things had quieted down and fallen back into their normal routines. Coli felt a strange withdrawal; she missed the feelings of levity and acceptance in the group. Once more she was the outcast, alienated by her own anxiety and phobias that kept her trapped in her mind. She was at the lake shore again, washing her hands for what felt like the hundredth time that day. Every time she saw the Grand Lake, sunlight glittering like beautiful jewels atop the surface of the clear water, it reminded her of where she had been assaulted. Then the revulsion welled up and consumed her, and she felt the compulsive need to wash away all traces of him, the black dog. She couldn't stand the thought of others smelling his scent in her fur, even though more than a week had passed since that day.

When she was done, Coli released the breath she was holding in a shuddering sigh. She had been messed up before this happened; now she was a wreck. If only she didn't feel so tired all the time, maybe she could shake off the fear-induced behaviors. But instead, the sheer effort of living made her so exhausted. She filled the wineskin bottle she was carrying with water, and began the walk through Jordheim to reach the communal herb garden. She had been diligently tending to it, carrying it water during these warm summer months so that the precious plants did not wilt or wither. Having duties to focus on served as a good distraction, though it only lasted until the sun went down.

She had to stop and catch her breath several times, but eventually she crested the hill and reached the flat plot of land she and Saul had tilled earlier in the season. The exposed earth was dry and beginning to crack, scorched by the summer sun. Some of the plants were bruised and bent at odd angles; that was thanks to their pack's youngest member, little Sura. Coli smiled quietly at the memory -- the puppy had unearthed many of the plants and dragged them around in her teeth to play with them, until Coli made her put them all back. Luckily none of them had been damaged irreparably. The slender Optime readjusted her hold on the bottle of water, ready to start her daily chores. It was then she noticed the reclining form of her young niece nearby, sun highlighting the warm brown hues in her glossy pelt. Eclipse was so beautiful, purple scarf accentuating the delicate features of her face. Her eyes were closed, and she had such a peaceful look on her face, Coli wondered if she might be falling asleep in the warm air. "Good afternoon, Eclipse," she murmured gently, hoping not to disturb her much.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 349 OOC:

The soudns of this place alone was something worth coming for. The birds, the wind, the leaves in the trees and then the soft footfalls of someone coming. She didn’t know who it was but she kept quiet until the owner of the feet stopped and then the quiet voice of Colibri spoke and she opened her eyes slowly, but smiled at her aunt.

“Hello Aunt Colibri”

She said softly and stood. She may have only met this woman two times but she felt comfortable enough to try to give her a hug and she motioned to do so.

“It really is good to see you again. As I promised I am here, and boy a lot of things has happened.” She hesitated for a second then looked at the woman almost shyly; “As I have heard you’ve had a … hard time yourself.”

She wanted to talk to her about it, but she was only putting it on the table that she heard that Colibri had been hurt, though nothing was told other than that, but she knew if her aunt wanted to speak of it she would in her own time.

“Would you like some help? It looks like little paws has already tried to do something like that.”

She remembered dragging something out of Anu’s garden and got chided for it, she couldn’t remember who it was but it didn’t matter, she was only a puppy and she learned, though the plant she took was entirely ruined and could not be replanted. She smiled hoping she wasn’t stepping on Colibri’s foot and pushing herself on the woman. Eclipse knew she could be pushy, but it was her way really. She wanted things out there and then there was the matter of the garden the one that her aunt mentioned when Eclipse was passing through. It was a good thing the colt wasnt here or he would be trampling and eating everything trying to figure out if it was good or not.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

pfft coli is chatty today!
WC: 708

Eclipse returned her greeting warmly, rising to welcome her with open arms. Coli held still as her niece hugged her, allowing the contact but immobilized by the intimacy. Physical embraces were rare for her, and she was hypersensitive to even the lightest touch, remaining rigid until she was released. She exhaled the breath she didn't realize she held, and smiled weakly at Eclipse, hoping she had not seemed overtly awkward. "I am so happy to see you again, you look wonderful! You must tell me everything about your new pack."

Her recent misfortune was alluded to, and Coli faltered, searching for an easy way to explain the event. "Yes, I... I ran into some trouble. A lone male attacked me near the lake; I still don't know why, I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." She shrugged, trying to keep her tone light. There was no point in lying outright, especially not to Eclipse who would be traveling by herself once her stay here ended. They both knew how perilous the lawless territories could be, it was something she remembered discussing when they first met. "I'm sure Saul warned you already, but be cautious, try not to hunt alone if you can help it." There was deep concern in her gaze, whether it was founded or not. Eclipse rode on horseback and carried a hunting bow; she could probably handle herself much better than defenseless Coli had in that position. But still, it frightened her to think of her precious niece in the clutches of that sadist; he had broken her will to fight so quickly, it was chilling.

She touched the shiny healing scar on her chest, then realized she should probably explain that aloud. "This scar, part of it... w-well, he left it on purpose," she murmured, expression darkening. It had been his initial, a cruel reminder for her to bear. "I changed it though, to a rune that would bring me better luck. I think I'm starting to believe in the Norse stuff, the Stormbringer faith. It's catching on here." She smiled hesitantly to herself, letting her fingers fall to her sides. She didn't know if Eclipse knew much about her Stormbringer side; Lilin hadn't until the enigmatic Miskunn joined their group, and it was all new to Colibri the outsider. Religion was a sensitive topic for her, but having something to believe in was better than the void of nothingness. She needed the structure, or her morality crumbled. The concept of any sort of deities actually existing still seemed farfetched, but... so far, the Thurisaz rune carved into her hide seemed to hold a power over her, as the catalyst it had been designed for.

Eclipse offered to help her water the garden, and Coli waved her off with a grateful smile. "I've got it under control, just need to water everything. Summer makes them wilt so quickly, even if all the sun is good for them." She upended the wineskin, sending a glittering stream of lake water splashing into the dusty soil. Admittedly she did feel out of breath, and the slightest bit dizzy... She had not been feeling well since the attack, and even though her cuts and bruises had healed, there was still something weakening her. She stumbled over a clump of dirt, but managed to right her balance, quickly speaking up to try and distract Eclipse. She didn't want her niece to worry about her health or anything else while she was a guest here.

"Little paws, yes, there's a new puppy in town. I don't know if you spotted her last night at the feast, but she's quite a handful. Sweet, though, she did help me put the flowers back... after she dug them up. Wish I knew where her parents were..." she added wistfully. She liked Sura, as she liked most children; their innocent curiosity reminded her of a simpler time in her own life. "Speaking of which, any plans for little paws of your own?" Coli glanced up, a mischievous gleam in her eyes. She was only teasing... but she would love to see little grand-nieces and nephews scampering about, even if they dug up all the plants in Vinátta.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 759 OOC: I BLAME YOU FOR MY WC!!!! XDDD

Perhaps she was presumptuous in thinking that her aunt would welcome a hug for she could feel the woman stiffening up. Eclipse closed her eyes a few seconds as she quickly pulled back for the woman’s comfort. She knew how it was, though not how to be beaten up, but to not trust anyone, not even her own family. She smiled when she seemed more than happy to talk and Eclipse figured she would be helpful though and let the woman speak, which there was a pause but she spoke of what happened to her. Eclipse thought of putting her hand on her arm but thought against it. She could let her know she was listening.

“I am so sorry this happened to you. You really don’t deserve such treatment, and if I find who did that to you I’ll make sure to put a few arrows into their heart.”

She paused at the woman’s warning and nodded.

“I promise, i’ll be careful. I won’t let anyone within bowshot without having my bow out.”

She wasn’t going to mention that she had felled the two deer outside their pack that fed them the night before, she was sure Colibri would worry herself to death. She looked at the brand, now made a symbol and nodded. She did not know of anything Norse and she did show this in her eyes as she looked at Colibri questioningly.

“I am afraid that my mom did not let me in on this. She taught me to read but after that she was gone after my dad. I don’t know where she is. Or if she follows such things, but perhaps you can write me about it and send it with Saul’s bird. I’ll make sure to send you a letter letting you know I get home well also.”

She said smiling, then feeling it was about time to change the subject, knowing it was a touchy subject.

“Well my trip was quite uneventful until we got to the borders of Cercatori. Grace, the horse I had with me, she had foaled right at the boarders! Skye, who is our leader, she helped me and the mare had twins, but sadly one of them already passed, but there was a survivor. I got to keep them as a gift from... from AniWaya. I feel lucky about it. But my pack itself, it’s so full of diverse wolves, they love all sorts of things, one is a big trader, the other can cook and fish really well kind of like me and he knows how to sail a boat! He’s actually sailing right now, though I don’t know where it is. Then the man who dabbles in medicines. He fixed my foot clean! It still hurts sometimes, but I stepped in glass trying to get a frying pan. There’s just so much to tell it’s impossible to say it all at once!”

She said all this excitedly though not in one breath, but quicker than normal, she was sure if the woman missed something she’d ask but Eclipse found herself loving Cercatori as a pack and she didn’t think she would be leaving. Which was a shock as right now she was traveling and she didn’t want her feet to go farther than they did already. She was afraid she would leave it all forever. She made to move to help the woman, but it seemed pride was getting the best of her and she was trying to hide her stumble, and Eclipse would just let it pass.

“I did that with Anu once... She was a leader at Crimson Dreams, she let me in and cared for me, and also taught me to take care of the plants, though after I was still a bit rough, but I remember wanting to help so much.”

That was when the last question got to her and her heart stopped and she cringed. Little paws of her own? Spawn of her body in which to spread the bloodline of a psychopath?

“M-my own? No.... no not really I mean... I never really... I’m still so young!”

She said protesting, after all she was still technically a puppy! SHe hadn’t even had her first season yet... and then the thought of what Razekiel had told her when his horse was trying to mount hers... well she could already feel her face growing red.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

LADIES ARE FULL OF GOSSIP. <3!!
WC: 851

Eclipse and Lilin were the closest relatives she had left, and they were the only two Coli was comfortable enough to let into her personal space. Even if she did not know how to return the embrace, she trusted her niece enough not to protest. As Eclipse withdrew, she held such pity and righteous anger in her blue eyes, that the hint of Conor's violet made her redirect her own gaze to the ground. Coli could only blame herself for being too weak to fight the dog. "It's the same chance we all take, stepping outside of pack borders. I just got unlucky this time. At least I lived." The offer to assassinate him fell easily from her lips, as it had from several other of her packmates last week. It stirred a deep appreciation within her, a gratefulness that made her want to cry. It had been many long seasons since anyone cared about what happened to lonely Colibri Haki.

She rubbed her eyes quickly, scrubbing away the slight mist of tears that was welling there. No need for that! Eclipse mentioned her mother's absence, and Coli frowned sympathetically, silently wishing the Stormbringer dam was alright and would someday return to her daughter. She knew how devastating it must have been to lose Conor, but he lived on through his child. "I... I'll ask for Saul's help with that. I would love to keep in touch with you, although no one taught me reading and writing." Literacy seemed like a novel skill, taught to those with the luxury of using the written word. Coli did not learn it as a pup, and saw no need for it as an adult -- this was the first time she was considering changing that.

Colibri listened intently as she finished watering the herb garden. There was so much excitement in the younger wolf's voice; it sounded as though her spirit was uplifted just by the memory of this place, her new home. She found herself smiling right along, trying to picture everything -- the newborn horse, the wolf that could sail boats, the healer that fixed her paw... "You've been through so much in such a short time. It sounds amazing! I'm so glad you found a place that makes you this happy. I feel the same way here, and I am relieved to hear you're fitting in and making friends." She paused, glancing to Eclipse's feet to make sure she was not favoring one. "You're not hurt right now, are you? After all that travel and hunting? I can offer you some herbs to chew on -- that's the point of this garden, it's all for healing."

And then, so casually, so harmlessly, the conversation turned to the one that got away. Anu... Coli was never ready to hear that name spoken by others -- even though it cropped up in her thoughts daily, it made her heart leap into her throat to hear it aloud. "Ah... hold that thought, I... need a break..." she said haltingly, reeling from an onset of dizziness. She was just a little faint, that was all. It was hot out, and she had been on her feet all day. A sudden weakness in her knees caused her legs to buckle forward abruptly, dropping her to the dirt. She had tripped, no big deal. It definitely had nothing to do with the wrenching reminder of her greatest regret, leaving behind Crimson Dreams and her one true love. She was far too codependent to ever move on from that mistake. "S-sorry. I'm alright, I'll sit down on the grass for a bit," she mumbled, pulling herself off to one side. Luckily she had not crushed her plants -- what would she have told Saul if she flattened his witch-hazel? She could get her bearings back in a few moments, then she could get back to work. She was feeling very ill all of a sudden, and needed a distraction from the emotional wreck she was on the inside. Eclipse didn't need to be burdened with that tale of woe.

As she caught her breath, Coli glanced to Eclipse, watching as her embarrassed face flushed beneath her fur. It seemed they both got flustered easily by that sort of talk. "Calm down, I'm just teasing a little," she said apologetically, holding up her palms in a placating gesture. "Of course you're still young... but you are an adult, so if it's something you want... Well, I guess just don't wait as long as I did," she added with a shrug, smiling wryly. She would be turning six years old this winter, and she was further than ever from finding a mate and starting a family. Since the attack, she could barely withstand hugs; how was she supposed to lay with a man when the sight of them terrified her? It was time for her to give up on that part of life, but Eclipse still had that option open if she wanted it. She was so beautiful and talented, surely the males in her new pack had taken notice.

Table by Sace!
[/html]
[html]
WC: 467 OOC: sorry for the delay Sad <3

Eclipse worried over her aunt, even though her words were meant to sooth Eclipse, she did not feel soothed, though she let her emotions hide behind a small mask. Her frown returned though as she looked at her aunt, wondering why she didn’t know how to read. She shook her head slowly and hid the astonishment away. “Saul would love to help you. I am sure he can help you write and read what I write you too.”

Eclipse said. She wouldn’t push the subject that the woman would have to learn, after all she had family that could do that to her, though anything too personal could not be written on the paper unless she could write it or read it herself. She watched the woman watering the plants as she told her story and was happy to hear Colibri’s words and nodded. She was very happy, it was the first time she felt a part of something and she wanted to keep it that way. She shook her head at the woman’s clear worry. She hurt only very little and it was dull, something Eclipse could easily ignore; “Don’t worry! I used a bow to get those deer, I dont’ think I could have gotten them by myself without it.” She said giggling moving on both her feet to give Colibri reassurances.

When Eclipse mentioned a garden she had accidently tore up it seemed Colibri went weak in the legs. She did not feel that her words had any part of it, and she rushed to the woman, making sure not to trample any of the plants and was at her side in seconds. She helped the woman move to the grass as best as one who was worried and nearly afraid she would shrink away from her touch could. “Are you ok? Do you need any water? Is there water around here? I think that must be it. The sun is hot, and it’s no good to go thirsty in a day like this.” Her blue eyes were filled with worry for her aunt. She met her only twice and yet she felt as close to her as her own parents, as Saul even. Her tail was still and poised in worry, and she kneeled, ready to move if the woman told her where there was water to be back as soon as possible.

The talk of having puppies of her own made her think back on that night with Moss as well and she flushed even more and looked down; “Puppies can wait... I mean i’m only one after all, I need to find a mate first.” She shook her head, feeling this was not the time for such a conversation.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

No worries, just got back from the Absentee List! :>
WC: 611

Colibri made a mental note to ask Saul later if it would be too much trouble, at least for him to transcribe her words. She wasn't sure if she was capable of learning to be literate; after all, she was getting on in years and wasn't exactly open to change. She wondered idly if Haku Soul had known how to read, and if he had simply neglected to teach her, or if he had been just as ignorant as she was. "In that case, I look forward to hearing from you! You can record all of your interesting encounters and new friends, and that way I can keep up with your stories even when you're too busy to visit." It would be like they was no distance between them, just as she'd hoped. She wasn't sure what she could record in response, since her daily routine rarely changed, but... in any case, it would still be something to look forward to. She smiled in relief as Eclipse reassured her that she was, in fact, fine -- her paws did not appear to be bothering her, so whomever had bandaged her, they had done a worthy job.

As her body failed her and she was no longer able to stand, Eclipse rushed to her side. Her niece's touch was gentle, as though afraid that she was so fragile she would fall apart if handled roughly. It was not untrue, of course, and Coli quietly acquiesced as they moved to the grass together. What was she supposed to say? She didn't know the root cause to whatever was plaguing her, just that she was terribly feeble and had been collapsing frequently since the attack. She had been able to hide it at the feast, since she had not taken part in any of the playful roughhousing between Teme, Bran, and Niernan, nor had she exerted herself in any other way. But she was so tired, all of the time. "It's okay, I promise... There's water at the lake, but you don't have to run off, I'll rest here... still recovering from all that," she trailed off, gesturing vaguely at the scar on her chest. Eclipse knelt beside her, eyes brimming with concern, causing Coli to avert her gaze again. She didn't want to be such a pitiable creature, the weakest link in their family. "Please don't worry," she added softly, brushing her fingers against Eclipse's knee in an attempt to set her at ease. It was enough to know she had someone who cared about her now.

"It would be easier with a mate, I'm sure," she said quietly, thinking as always of Anu raising her sons alone. It must have been lonely. At least she had the support of her packmates; it would have been nigh impossible for a loner to raise a litter. It would be easy for Eclipse to find a mate if she was ready to settle down, though. Males would jump at the chance to be with someone as alluring and self-sufficient as her; she could hunt and cook, she had no disfiguring scars or mental issues, everything about her was appealing. She was lucky in that sense, and lucky as well that she was attracted to the opposite sex -- it was harder for Coli to find a female interested in her, and it grew more difficult with each season that passed her by. "Of course it can wait," she agreed with a nod, although she was a touch disappointed that Eclipse did not share the same interest she did. If her mindset ever did change, Coli hoped she would still be around to meet the puppies.

Table by Sace!
[/html]

Quote:Thanks to the data loss, we are ending this thread OOCly. Coli gifted Eclipse some plants for a garden: sage, meadowsweet, and a blue flag iris from Crimson Dreams. Then the girls promised to keep in contact via Saul, and Eclipse left to prepare for her journey home.