Sentimental Sun
[html]

Word Count → 469 :: OoC: Mid-morning Arachnea's Revenge

Hazel eyes blinked once, twice beneath cream colored brows, just as his red brown ears twitched to the calls of birds in the canopy above. He sat up with a leisurely yawn stretching his brown muzzle, but neglected to notice that his tossing and turning the night before resulted in an array of blankets tangled about his long legs. When he rose to a stand he ultimately lost his footing and tumbled, face first, into the ashes of the guttered firepit. With the taste of disintegrated wood and kindling in his mouth he coughed, sputtered, and sneezed small grey flecks, eyes watering considerably. He doubled over, his muzzle shot with grey, and finally when he was recovered he did nothing but shrug and tug on his belt, pulling his sword to his hip. Half-dazed with sleepiness he didn’t bother dusting off his now ashy grey muzzle.

The Callow man took a moment to look around him. The woods were quiet for the moment, but who knew how long that would last? It hadn’t lasted long last night. It wasn’t long after he’d drifted off the sleep that evening when a pregnant woman stumbled upon him. Dazed and confused Alister looked up at the woman, and continued to look up as he rose to a stand. He’d begun to believe he’d stumbled upon a world of giants as she stood nearly a foot taller than he, but these musings left him as soon as the two struck up a conversation. She, for one, didn’t seem bothered by his mixed heritage and the wolf dog found her words of a pack nearby rather intriguing. Coming from a clan revered for its martial prowess the man found himself listening to her raptly, and allowed his tail to wag doggishly behind him without shame. To think wolves and dogs, living, and training in harmony was a dream come true for the young hybrid. It was something he never thought possible, and it served to get the wheels turning in his head.

He looked in the direction she’d mentioned the pack residing, but soon a biting sting disrupted his thoughts. “Ouch!” He exclaimed, grasping his arm. His eyes darted to the area just in time to see a spider crawling up his upper arm. “Huh…” He mused. “I suppose this is why they call it ‘Arachnea’s revenge.” Most of his kind would squash the small being, but the bastard wolf dog lowered his arm carefully to the log which had served as a sort of back rest and bench the evening before and waited patiently as the eight-legged arachnid skittered across the log and out of sight. “Pass that along to your friends, would you?” He muttered to the tiny thing, before he set to the task of packing up the pathetic little campsite.

<style>
.alisterheraldictxt-box {background-image:url("http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templates/paw_template.png"); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.alisterheraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.alisterheraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hadley

Out of character text here.

Hadley had been gathering some herbs for Isa's nausea. He'd learned a handful of other herbs that could be useful for the pregnancy as well before Regner had died. The giant hybrid reflected on that sadly for a moment before continuing on. He hadn't been close to the elder. It was a sorrowful fact, but he wasn't affected by it as deeply as others. Adelle, another member he didn't know well, despite Isa's friendship with her, had come apart at the seams.

The main reason why he didn't know many members well was just his shy withdrawn nature. He had trouble reaching out to others that he didn't know, part of him believing that they were going to harm him. The words of someone nearby shocked Hadley, standing up from where he'd been bent over. His sense of smell wasn't the keenest out there, working as hard as he could before he spotted the hybrid. Nodding his head in greeting Hadley looked at the small bite. Need something? If he didn't, Hadley would just continue on his way.

<style>
.thardly {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HdEY9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 3px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border:1px #4c433e solid; background-color:#897970; color:#4c433e;}
.thardly .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; width:490px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.thardly p {text-indent:0px; margin:0px; padding:7px 15px;}
.thardly b {font-size:12px; color:#91aec9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Mate SC'; padding:20px; color:#99324e; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.thardly p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 356 :: OoC: Awkward Alister xD

Someone else was in the forest with him and a single ear twitched to the sound, then the other. It took Alister a couple minutes to register what was said. “Huh…Do I need something? Oh..uh, no…” Recovering quickly from the surprise of the larger man’s appearance he added. "But, seeing as you’ve so readily offered I seem to be short a bottle of wine, you wouldn’t uh be able to help with that…Would you?” He quirked a brow and offered the soft-spoken man a crooked grin. On closer inspection of the man he turned and sat up. "However, it seems you could use assistance more than I, unless you did happen to have a bottle of wine on you, I wouldn‘t turn it down, anyway.” He was whole-hearted in his offer, however, the last half of his sentence was nothing more than inane babble which he spoke at greater tempo.

Reaching his feet a semi-familiar scent filled his nostrils. Recognition shimmered in his eyes, it was the female he’d encountered the night before. He recalled her with greater clarity, remembering her decidedly swollen belly with a smirk. “So you would be the father, then? I figured I might run into you.” He approached the man, with hand outstretched. “I’m Alister, by the way. Alister uh Callow. Not that I am callow, it’s just a surname.” He turned away quickly to collect his shield which lay on the ground next to his bedroll, the demolished rabbit carcass still atop it. He dumped the furred thing on the ground and slung his shield about his back. His satchel and bedroll he left for the time being, striding up to the taller man with nothing but his pants, belt, complete with sword and sheath, shield and amulet. The silver sun pendant caught a stray beam of sunlight and gleamed pleasantly. His hazel eyes appeared green in the dappled forest light as he looked over the man. “So what is it I can do for you my good man, not that I mean to pry into your business, but I’m new here, and well…it’ll be good to have some company.”

<style>
.alisterheraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.alisterheraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.alisterheraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hadley

The mixed canine didn't respond to him right away. Hadley stood there, thinking that perhaps it was best that he just went away. He might be interrupting him from meditating, or trying to sleep. Hadley didn't want any of that. The stranger finally did respond, a bit dazed sounding really. Nodding his head in embarrassment for interrupting Hadley backed up some, tail held low. Perhaps he shouldn't have interrupted. Sorry, don't have any alcohol. He could get the stranger some, but that would be odd. He didn't really owe the stranger anything, just thought it was best to check to see if everything was well. Since it was, he should move on.

Told that he could use assistance Hadley looked down to the bundle of herbs that he'd gathered. He was still looking for more, unsure of how much would be needed. It was really touch and go for him. The words startled Hadley, ears flattening back as he looked at the male. How? How did he know that Hadley was going to be a father? How had that happened? Hadley took the hand nervously, not sure how to respond. Hadley. N-no last name. He just had his own name, that was all.

He certainly was a friendly fellow. A lot more open than Hadley was. His tail managed a few wags before looking down to the herbs again. I'm looking for things to relieve pain and nausea. I want to make sure Isa's okay. Senseless worrying, really, but he still did it.

<style>
.thardly {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HdEY9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:310px 0px 3px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border:1px #4c433e solid; background-color:#897970; color:#4c433e;}
.thardly .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; width:490px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.thardly b {font-size:12px; color:#91aec9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
.thardly .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Mate SC'; padding:20px; color:#99324e; text-shadow:#4c433e 1px 1px 2px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc :: Word Count→ 510

Alister shrugged. “No hard feelings here. Besides I probably shouldn’t drink anyway…Bad things happen when I drink.” He left it at that, and took a moment to observe the man. He was rather short-spoken, and Alister began to feel a bit silly. His “lucky toes” stirred the dirt beneath him, he’d no idea how comical he looked. The ash from the firepit was still encrusted in his whiskers making him look like a much older man, out of place atop his body of well developed musculature. He had to be with his choice in weapons. Sword and shield were not for everyone, your body had to be a fortress, your mind well-guarded. Although he wasn’t the largest man out there, decidedly not so in the presence of his current company, he was large enough to be quite deadly. His dog heritage restricted him in that way. But he wasn’t all brute strength, he was rather dexterous as well, and spent only a fraction of his effort bulling into his opponents, the other half was spent avoiding them. He did the dance well, and remained light on his feet, even when pressed.

Hadley seemed confused at his mention of Isa. She must not have told him about their meeting, it seemed, and he stammered awkwardly. “Oh, I’m sorry…I just…assumed…I mean, I met Isa…last night.” He shut his eyes tight, no that didn’t sound quite the way he meant it. “I mean…Nothing happened, just I smelled her on you and assumed you were the father.” He turned his gaze elsewhere and cursed himself. “That was stupid of me.” He mumbled, more to himself than Hadley.

Preoccupied with the idiocy of his words from earlier he muttered a hasty, “pleasedtomeetyou,” when Hadley introduced himself. “Honestly, I have no idea where my last name came from, I mean, I’m a bastard. Mother died at birth, and my father…not long after. He sort of disappeared a long time ago.” He said conversationally. “Bastard being in the…fatherless way, my mother wasn’t his mate.” At this point the dirty blonde hybrid had no idea why he was babbling, maybe it was anxiety on his part? This Hadley character was so short of speech he could do nothing but fumble for words to maintain any sort of conversation, one-sided as it seemed to be.

The larger man was tentative to take the wolf dog’s hand, but when he did the shake was brief. “Hmm…” He mused. “Flower-picking, huh? I’m more of a weapon’s kinda guy, but sure, if it’s for a good cause. Can’t let a lady suffer, just point out what you need, and I’m your man.” He was determined, no adamant that the man like him, and would do his best to gain his trust. He was trying so very hard, partly because he’d never had a friend his entire life. The wolves of the clan usually either ignored, or resented him just for what he was. A useless prejudice, but, that was just how things were. He could only hope Nova Scotia would prove contrary.

<style>
.goodies b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
His tail wagged as the man accepted his words of apology. Ears did flatten back at the mention of bad things happening when drunk. The scarred male knew the dangers of alcohol all too well. Well, didn't matter now. It was in the past, and he had moved on. He did watch sympathetically as the man flushed, stammering out his words. Isa didn't tell everything to Hadley, even though they spoke about most things. This conversation had probably slipped by her.

Feeling a need to reassure him Hadley stepped closer, awkwardly moving to pat him on the back. It's okay. I am the father. Was just surprised. He smiled at Alistair, tail swaying behind him now. Nodding his head Hadley thought about it. Must be from your mother then. Isa has a last name. Suppose the children will take that on. Maybe he should pick a last name for himself. Many luperci had them.

Nodding his head Hadley moved on with his search, studying the ground. Spotting some mint he nodded his head. This plant here. Kneeling down he showed the form of the leaf. It's mint. Very good for nausea. Picking it he placed it in the bag, scanning to see if there was anymore nearby. Not seeing any he continued on his way, tail swaying behind him.
[html]
Ooc :: Word Count→ 000

The Callow man chuckled at hybrid's odd expression at his mention of alcohol. Apparently he wasn't the only one to get caught up in awkward adventures while under the influence. Speaking of awkward the hybrid advanced and offered the shepherd wolf a pat on the back, meant to be reassuring. He flashed him a crooked grin, and ran his crean digits through his mane. "Phew, you know, I feel incredibly lucky right now." He said, relieved. He was fortunate Hadley hadn't taken it in the wrong way. If he'd thought that Alister had made a pass at his mate... "I could've gotten my arse kicked if you'd thought anything untoward had happened." He clarified afterward, gazing upon the sheer size of his companion. His mouth was always getting him into trouble.

His brows furrowed with Hadley's suggestion. He cupped his chin. "Hmm, you could be right. It's not like they'd let me take my father's name. They were much too honorable for that." His voice was contemplative, but ended bitterly. He sighed shortly and returned his focus on the man before him. "Congrats, then, in advance."

He looked as Hadley indicated the plant, studying it as he held it by the leaf. "Really? Well, you learn a new thing every day." His hazel eyes scanned the forest for more of the same. "You look over there, and I'll be just down here." He gestured to the foliage on the left, and the opposite for Hadley. "How much do you think she'll need?"

<style>
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hadley

The messy mane was brushed through with fingers as Hadley did his best to reassure the male, and smile brightly. The mention of being lucky confused Hadley for a moment, unsure why the male would feel that way. His gaze filled with understanding at the next part. I doubt you'd flirt with a heavily pregnant female. If you had, Isa would have told me. Hadley wasn't violent, but he would have made sure to the best of his ability that Alistair didn't get near Isa again.

The male's words confused him, unsure what being honorable had to do with last names. It was a simple tie to family, that was all. It meant more in some cases, such as the fact that Hadley would never let any member of his family anywhere near someone with the last name Sunders. Not letting someone take on a last name was odd for him. He just didn't have one because that was how things had been in his family. Simple. Enough to last a couple days, so enough to fill my bag. Hadley continued scanning the ground, collecting what mint he saw.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc :: Word Count

Alister chuckled lightly at Hadley's confused expression. "Of course not," he said with a genuine smile. "I was surprised that she was even out, what with being so far along and everything, not to mention hunting." He bent in the brush and plucked a handful of leaves to deposit in Hadley's bag. "Not that I wasn't grateful...Heh, I'm sick of rabbit." He nodded towards the half eaten rabbit laid next to the bedroll. After a few moments and several more handfuls of mint leaves he straightened and stood. He gazed over at his companion and his constantly furrowing brows.

"Where I'm from...Wolves and dogs are at war. My mother and father weren't supposed to be together...I shouldn't have been born. And there, it's not like it is here, or at least I assume it's not. Blood is everything." He sighed and ruffled his mane again. "It's kind of hard to explain..." Aedan had bedded a woman who wasn't his own, and as far as family, Alister had none. Both of his parents had perished, and even if they'd survived they wouldn't be together. He didn't feel like talking of it anymore and instead focused more on the task at hand.

"So er, Hadley. Tell me about this pack of yours." He said in an attempt to change the subject. Isa had mentioned her pack a little, and he was eager to hear anything more that Hadley could contribute.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hadley

Hunting? She shouldn't have been out hunting! Mentally Hadley made a note to keep a closer eye on his mate, and keep her from doing things that could put stress on her body. If that meant sticking her in the house and standing guard Hadley would do that. She needed to be kept healthy with how far along her pregnancy was. Taking it easy was a big part of that, and making sure that she got the herbs that she needed.

Some more mint was added as they continued with their collection. His ears lifted with curiosity as he spoke. From Alister's words, what Hadley was would have been despised. He was a wolf dog hybrid himself. Most of his family was. The idea of being despised for that was very strange. You're right, it's not. There's plenty of hybrids here. Asked about his pack Hadley brightened. It's a pack of warriors. They train to help others, and are always reaching out. We have a strong leader, Jazper, who runs everything. I work as a medic there. The pack spends it's time training, and improving themselves. Everyone's closely bonded.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc I'm one post away from being entirely caught up, whoot! :: Word Count→ 000

Alister was intruiged by Hadley's assurance that there were many hybrids in his pack, as Alister had noticed Hadley himself. It was reassuring to say the least and gave the Callow man some hope for his future. It had been a good idea to venture to Nova Scotia, and he hadn't even gotten lost too many times either. A good omen, he was always getting lost. He could both read and write, but as far as navigation, those lessons had always subjected him to long fits of yawning.

"That sounds...ideal. I have skill with a blade. In my pack I was a man-at-arms, a solider, or I was training to be one, anyway." His gaze darted away idly, as he took in a breath, trying desperately not to think too much into it, to let the images of events past cloud his mind. There had been more than one reason he'd left. And neither were very pleasant.

Hadley told him that he was a medic, which caused Alister's ears to perk. He knew next to nothing of the art himself, and being friendly with a man of Hadley's talents could be quite handy. "Well, if I should fall and break my arm, you'll be the first to know." He grinned crookedly. Hadley also mentioned names, the name of their leader, Jazper. He commited it to memory in the chance that he sought to cross the border one day, and he was sure he would, sooner or later. In fact it sounded perfect, like a place he could call home, a true home not just some crudely dug den where no one sought to visit saved rats and small critters of various array. Like a family.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hadley

He listened with appreciation as Alister spoke. Those with skill with the blade was always welcome in his pack. In fact, those with any skill with weaponry were welcome. It was a warrior's pack, Hadley one of the few oddities of not being so. It wasn't from lack of attempts to train him. Hadley could use some self defense. He just had no interest in harming others, whether it was in defense of another or not. More suited to the gentler traits of the pack he became a carpenter, building bows and homes, while helping to patch up the scrapes the true warriors gained.

Nodding his head Hadley wondered how he was supposed to patch a broken arm. He'd never dealt with that before. Amy had known her product well, making sure that he was only immobilized for short periods of time before she sent him to work once more. The warriors were careful as well, more inclined to flesh wounds than broken bones. I can try. Alright, not the most assuring statement out there. Hadley finished packing the mint and straightened up. It was good to meet you.

<style>
</style>
[/html]