Mind Games
[html]

Lupus form, mid afternoon. Smile

Ever since coming back from Casa, Fayne held no more fear for the borders and what lay on the other side. Now, her hands were a weapon that she could use to protect herself and her family. Things were tense in the pack, everyone shared in the rage felt towards Amy and until she was stopped or dead nobody would rest. She spoke for herself when she said that. Now, she was doing a lot more to help and no longer felt the uselessness from before. All there was now was a fiery determination to put a stop to this madness.

Fayne also shared the anger Zalen had for Anathema. How could Amy have gone unpunished and let free to commit more crimes and harm other innocent canines? Fayne's sense of justice was perhaps stronger than anyone else's, other than Kiara who had suffered worse than even her. Wounds healed, but the lessons that Kohaku was being taught would be absorbed quickly and stick with him for the rest of his life. The pain the young mother must feel each day is a pain that cannot be healed with medicine. She could remember how willing the puppy had been to learn and how happy he was by the praises he received from Amy. She knew there wasn't much time before it was too late for Kohaku, the young pup would know nothing else but what he'd grown up learning. Fayne was more productive now, hunting and actually catching prey even if it was a rabbit here and there. She patrolled, constantly on watch for that demon. She practiced her fighting and went over the lessons Taliesin had taught her every day but like he said, only hand on experience would make her a true midwife.

Today, she'd already gone over her lessons and was patrolling New Dawn's border like most of her pack mates did these days. The small wolf padded quickly through the forest surrounding her pack land. She walked with the utmost confidence and pride, head and tail held dominantly high. It wasn't long before she picked up a scent that was very much out of place. A single canine's scent lightly laced the air. It wasn't Amy, but it wasn't anyone she'd met before and so long as things were this way she would take this job seriously. Fayne broke away from the border and trotted towards the scent in hopes of finding this stranger. She was unusually serious, unfortunate for whoever she would run into. The flamboyance she usually carried was packed away until an appropriate time. Fayne wasn't dumb either, she knew that Amy was resourceful. Right now, she was thinking that maybe the dog had spies and allies helping her to inflict further harm on others. So, as she traveled she was alert and ready to take offensive actions if need be.

<style type="text/css">
.desertfayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#ca450c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.desertfayne .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.desertfayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.desertfayne {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#fdd34d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/icALr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 600px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fb5a00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 415 :: OoC: Holy crap a good post, and here I thought my brain had turned to mush...That's it I'm having a glass of Merlot every night ..xDD This should be fun!

The map was confusing, old, and frayed about the edges; the print vague. He’d been turning it about and squinting at it for the better half of the morning, even as he tread ever on. After trekking the mountain foothills for hours he’d finally reached the flatlands. He was ready for a rest, a reprieve from his hopeless meandering. Stars above, was he a terrible navigator! Even his “lucky toes” were failing him. With sword sheathed about his belt and shield resting at his back he paused to gaze about him, consulting the map once more before he plopped down rather unceremoniously upon the grasses. His wandering hazel eyes gleamed a vibrant honey-amber in the light the day afforded him as he looked about. There was nothing too remarkable here as to pique his interest, except for the mountains which he could still glimpse upon the horizon. It was a towering giant, all hard grey stone and snow-capped peaks, which brought to light a strange coincidence. He’d crossed these foothills before…Hadn’t he?

It had only be a couple days ago… Unless his sense of time had somehow become warped lacking the tight schedule of the warrior clan which he’d recently departed from. Was there another mountain range in Nova Scotia he wasn’t aware of? Tossing his satchel upon the ground he unfurled the map again, settling it in his lap as he did so. It opened and showed him a contradicting image to the one he’d glimpsed before. But that couldn’t be right…there was only one mountain range…The Halycon. “What! No, that can't be right!” He shouted incredulously. He’d been looking at it upside down. “Mother’s mercy, I’ve been reading the damned thing wrong this entire time…no wonder.” He sighed. The hood of his patched green traveling cloak fell down to his eyes with the motion of his overzealous hands, and he had to push it out of his eyes and off his head. “Oh yes, you’re so very clever, Alister. A credit to your species, indeed!”

He was so wrapped up in his foundering that he didn’t notice the scent of the female who drew ever nearer to him, nor was he aware of the racket he was making in the process. It wasn’t until the silvery woman was within yards that his eyes did dart to address the moving object in his peripherals. The hybrid was entirely unaware of the discomfort his pedigree might cause the she-wolf and he jumped up at her approach.

<style>
.alisterheraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.alisterheraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.alisterheraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Lol!! I've actually been drinking some Miscato tonight. Yay for whine muse. X3

She'd only been trotting for a few minutes when she heard the man's voice echoing through the forest. Dark ears flicked back at the sound, his voice sounded frustrated which only made Fayne more anxious to approach the stranger. She had to though, this was part of her duty as a New Dawn member, or at least she thought it should be. Her enemy was prowling somewhere and it was only reasonable that she guard her pack against the blond bitch. Soon she came upon him and her hackles raised at the sight of the man whom was fully clothed. He might not be Amy, but he certainly remind Fayne of the blond woman. Even with the trip to Casa, the sight of a clothed Luperci caused frightened her. Maybe he was her spy.

Emerald eyes stared and speculated him as he stared down at the piece of paper. It wasn't until a few moments later that he noticed her. Startled, he jumped and turn to meet her gaze. She jumped as well, a small growl escaping her maw at the man's sudden movement. Fayne simply stared at him for a a bit, eyes darting all over his body and at all of his possessions. Clothes, weapons, and other human thing she had no like for. The only human thing she possessed was the necklace that remained strung around her neck, a symbol of her mateship to Noah.

With a deep breath she gathered her courage. There was no need to be frightened now. If the man chose to fight her, she would shift and fight him back. The silver fae slowly stepped towards him until she was only a few feet away but out of arm's reach. Her head was still held high, tail high as she tried her best to look intimidating. If this were any other time she probably wouldn't be so uptight. But, it wasn't any other time. New Dawn was in crisis and her whole family was counting on her to be strong. Fayne dipped her head respectively before speaking. Hello. You seem to be rather close to New Dawn's borders. I am Fayne Gremory, Delta of the pack you are dangerously close to and I would like to know why you're here. Do you have business with us? She was a bit scared, but she woudn't falter in his presence. Every emotional flaw she had was being disguised perfectly under an austere expression.

<style type="text/css">
.desertfayne .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.desertfayne {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#fdd34d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/icALr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 600px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fb5a00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc Snarky Alister xDD :: Word Count→ 581

The female leapt just as he, and the sound of her growl had him scrambling. “Oh uh..I- I didn’t see you there. My apologies, miss.” He said, bowing chivalrously, with one arm at his chest and the other on his sword hilt. He hadn’t meant to grasp it, but old habits died hard, and in his surprise his hand had darted to draw it from its sheath. Thank the stars that he hadn‘t! ’Else she may have been tempted to sink her fangs into his arm. Lifting his head slightly from its bent position, he peered at her inquiringly, quirking a tan brow when he noted the mounting distaste in her features as her eyes roamed over him. Her hackles and tail were raised in dominance, and compliantly his doggish tail remained low and still. He flattened his ears and did his level best not to look down at her. Which was quite difficult as he was in his Optime form, as always.

The German shepherd/ timber wolf had a pendant of sentimental value strung about his neck on a leather cord. Unlike the woman’s it was simple and comprised entirely of steel, it was sun shaped and had belonged to his mother. A woman he’d never had the chance to meet, nor had he ever known his father. As such the hybrid had no family to speak of and being the bastard that he was he had no idea the complexity of emotion the woman was feeling, and nor would he, for none of it escaped beyond the mask she’d erected for his benefit. When she spoke her words were terse, but cordial. She spoke of a pack, New Dawn…He could smell the borders, but they were far enough off. In fact, he’d been trying to give them a wide berth, but the mountains made it difficult.

The smell of wolf was heavy there, and for old times sake he figured it was best to stay away. He wouldn’t want to stain their borders with the stench of his ‘impurity.’ No, no more of that. It was bad enough having to live among them. No matter where he went the brute was certain his past would return to haunt him. It had been enough that Aedan cheated on his mate, but with a dog…and he the product of his infidelity…It didn’t sit well with the wolves to have him in their midst, regardless Alister was eternally grateful to the pack’s Beta’s who’d taken him in. They hadn’t raised him as their son, that was true, but it was better than being left to die. And Alister…he liked living. What he didn’t like was the woman’s tone, however. He felt like he was being accused of something he had no part in.

“Alister Callow.” He muttered indifferently soon adding. Dangerously close, is it? I’d understand that if I were say, a toe’s length away, but say here…no.” He thudded one foot on the ground as he spoke. For a moment he thought he was finished, but his cynicism seemed to be taking hold of him, and his insecurities were brought to life. “Is this you wolves idea of hospitality, then? If I had any dignity, I’d be offended…Fortunately, I’m used to being treated like filth.” It was a few moments before he regained himself, raising a hand to cup his brows. “Forgive me, my lady.” He sighed. “That was unworthy of me. You are simply concerned for your pack’s safety, yes?”

<style>
.goodies b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character text

The silver she-wolf stayed firmly planted where she was, hackles still raised at the sight of the clothed man. He was fumbling about, her growl seemed to have put him on edge. Good. She wanted it that way. Fayne curled her lips back in a snarl to keep him on edge but once he apologized she covered her pearly whites back up and took another step towards him. Whether he was a spy or not she didn't know but she would be extremely careful around any stranger until Amy was gone. The stranger bowed to him, a motion she didn't understand and and an ear twitched curiously. Her eyes fell to his hand which rested on his sword and her lips curled back once again, a fearsome growl rumbling from her dainty frame another threatening step was taken towards him to show she meant business. Remove your hand from your weapon. Her voice was serious and rough. Weapons were something she'd grown to detest and the fact he rested his hand on his sword was unsettling. The carved eye in her left shoulder a constant reminder of what human knives and swords were capable of.

Alister Callow was his name, but names held no value here. His sarcasm wasn't appreciated by the frayed she-wolf and her expression remained stern as he spoke. Under these circumstances if you are within a smelling distance from my pack, then you are dangerously close. New Dawn is in turmoil right now and if anyone is close to our borders, then you are threatening our safety. She didn't appreciate his foot against the ground either, like he was a stubborn child. Her face softened when he said he was used to being treated this way. Fayne generally was kindhearted and understanding wolf, but not today or any day until Amy was dead. I assure you that if this was any other time I wouldn't be so stern with you. I apologize if I come off as hostile, but it's necessary in these times.

Again, the man apologize and Fayne tried her best to lighten up. She still couldn't be sure if he was trustworthy and meant no harm to her family and wouldn't be sure until she spoke with him. Fayne held her ground, standing tall like the Delta she was and kept her eyes on him at all times in case he made any move that would threaten her. Yes. Their safety is at the top of my list of priorities. Fayne wasn't sure what the next step was now. She didn't normally patrol and had never actually found any dangers on the border. So, if you aren't here to harm New Dawn, then why are you here? Are you lost? She hoped that was the case. She planned on lightly interrogating him until she knew for sure he could be trusted. Fayne was generally a fair judge of character and as of right now, she didn't see him as a huge threat aside from the weapon he held at his side and the clothes he wore.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc Feel free to stop him, I don't wanna finish this just yet, it's too fun! xD :: Word Count→ 521

For every one step Fayne took towards him, Alister took two steps back. She snarled and growled viciously, eyes locked on the hand that rested on the hilt of his longsword. His eyes became wide, and his heart quickened in his chest. Did she truly think him lowly enough to attack her? That stabbed at him worse than any blade. He’d never harmed an innocent, nor would he…ever. In fact, he always tried to help wherever he could. The wolves had mocked him for his compassion, saying he was too soft to be a warrior. And maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t, but one thing was for sure he was no needless killer.

He tread with care here, taking special precaution not to withdraw his hand too quickly. He didn’t want her to mistake it for an attack. Slowly his fingers loosed their grasp, one, by one he peeled them back. When nothing but his palm was next to the steel he withdrew it open-handed, reading her features as he did so. When, finally, his hand touched nothing but air he released the breath he’d been holding. “Is this better, my lady? I meant nothing by it, truly.” He looked her in the eye now, and his gaze was soft, genuine. Becoming more self-aware, he dropped his gaze quickly. He didn’t want her to think of it as a challenge, he just wanted her to see the sincerity in his eyes.

“Believe me, this is as close as I’m like to get, I’d prefer to be further away actually, but I’d rather not have to swim. Wet fur is so unbecoming.” He said when she spoke of New Dawn’s current plight. Her next words, however he met with incredulity. “Hostile? Perish the thought!” He scoffed, before adding more seriously. “I had no idea there was unrest in this region, you have to believe me.” His hazel eyes, rendered honey-hued by the daylight were pleading.

She proceeded to probe him, an act which he felt tiresome. He was as reluctant as ever to concede, and her words were met with sarcasm yet again. “Business? No, no business. I just thought I’d wander about aimlessly for a while.” In response to her snarls he backed a step, throwing his hands out in front of him. “My lady please, I mean no harm to you or your pack, I assure you. I was just…passing through.” His sarcasm was getting him no where quickly, but that didn’t stop him from using it. Maybe she’d tire of him, and leave him be? But for the time being that didn’t seem likely, either.

“Ugh, look.” He groaned. “I get it…I’m half a dog and entirely a bastard, I’m not welcome. Why don’t I save us both some time and trouble, and be off?” He was about to reach for his pack when he stopped himself, what if she took that as a threat too? Although, he wasn’t sure how gauze could be considered harmful in anyway, but seeing how the conversation was going, he may have need of it for its intended use sooner than he thought.

<style>
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

It is! Big Grin

Even though the man had weapons and wore clothes he seemed to be frightened of her with calmed the silver fae, even if just a bit. It meant that she was in control of this situation, as she should be being close to New Dawn's borders. Poor man. If he had met her before the meeting with Zalen and before the second encounter with Amy, he would have thought her charming and engaging. She could see the panic in his eyes and usually that alone would be enough for her to quit being so stern, but not today.

Her eyes pinned to the hilt of his sword as his fingers slowly lifted, one by one. She held her breath as he did so to thinking that he might draw his weapon at the last moment and attack her. She finally breathed when the hand was off the sword completely, her head dropping slightly from how tense she had been before. She continued to glare at him, nodding to his question. This was definitely more reassuring. She even noticed his eyes dart away from hers and she held her head higher. He obviously knew who was in charge here and respected her wishes. The man seemed sincere in his words but said them in a joking manner. It was weird to her and she didn't know whether to believe him or not, though his eyes said she should. What were the chances that Amy sent spies to their borders. She knew Amy was strong, but was she really that smart and careful?

By this point, Fayne truly wanted to believe the man and give him a rest. The least she could do for now was to hear him out. Fayne stayed quiet and simply listened to him explain his situation. His sarcasm wasn't appreciated and she responded with a small snarl. The least he could do was be serious with her. He pleaded, putting his hands out in front of him as if to push her away. She jerked her head back and listened again. He said he meant no harm. The small silver fae tilted her head and stared at him, trying her best to judge if he was truthful or not. From what she saw he passed her inspection but that didn't mean he was welcomed anywhere near the borders. She would let him rest for now but would be weary of him. Optime form was a shift away and she would be able to fight him off, hopefully with ease. He protested and blamed her anger on other unimportant things. The suggestive words had her looking at him with surprised eyes. That is certainly not what she meant, Fayne would never judge anyone on their blood or origins. New Dawn might be a pack for those who have mostly wolf blood. But, I'm not one to judge. I'm just concerned for my family's safety. Fayne sighed and sat herself down, gazing over at him with kinder eyes. You shouldn't put words in others' mouths. Is that what you think of yourself? She felt for him, the caring fae breaking through the cold and distrusting persona she felt she needed to keep. Yup, she was definitely a Delta.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc xD :: Word Count→ 706

If the hybrid was, indeed, a spy he was doing an exceptional job of it. The woman, though she continued to be unimpressed by his ever-present bulwark of sarcasm, finally seemed to be calming down. Fortunately, this was just Alister’s way. He was a kindly creature, cynical at the worst of times, and chivalrous at the best, but no more or less could be expected from a man raised so offhandedly by reluctant, and often prejudiced wolves. In fact, he’d taken it all in stride remarkably well, and felt no anger towards them, and even looked up to Eirick, the elder of the two Betas. The brothers must have pitied the ailing mother as she struggled to bring her children into the world…Aedan’s children. Or perhaps they were so grief-stricken by the war leader’s loss that they felt an obligation to the welfare of his son?

Either way, the Callow man was exceedingly lucky, and didn’t he know it? Of course it wasn’t entirely evident seeing as he had such a knack for trouble. Most people either loved or hated the man, as long as those people weren’t the wolves of the clan. None wanted to believe that Aedan would jeopardized his honor in sleeping with the dog-woman, and either refused to acknowledge Alister or resented him.

Fayne seemed strangely neutral as of now, her main concern being her pack’s safety, but Alister continued to be adamant that he brooked no threat. “You see, I would understand that if I had trespassed, or done anything to harm you or your kin, but I am blameless, surely you must see this.” His voice was softer now, more empathetic, but he still stood firm. “Here I am, armed, and you, alone, yet I have not drawn my weapons. If I were truly out to harm you, do you think we would still be speaking now?” The edge to his voice was lifted, but he was earnest in his desire to be understood. “Although, your devotion to the protection of your pack is admirable, I suppose.” He added as an afterthought, longing for the day when he had a family to call his own. The wolves had raised him, but it had never been home. His eyes fell and became shadowed as his heart was struck by a sudden pang of envy and sorrow. He did not let it show, and when his eyes glanced from beneath his cream brows all their former wistfulness had fled.

His brown ears twitched and he quirked a brow at her sudden change in manner. He was oblivious as to what had caused it, but found himself intrigued nonetheless, and was surprised by the sudden softness of her forest gaze. “Begging your pardon, good woman, but it is not thought so much as it is truth.” He eyes were apologetic as he continued speaking. “My mother was not my father’s mate, so as offensive as the word may seem, I am a bastard born and bred. It is not pleasant, but we do not get to chose who, or what we are…I am also, a dog. I shame my father’s name by my very existence. Luckily he died, before even my mother did.” His voice was quieter now, but he kept it steady with as little emotion as possible. It was a painful recollection, but it was a burden he’d borne his entire life, and he’d accepted it for what it was. “He was the clan’s War Leader, I understand, and they were engaged in a constant struggle with their neighboring pack…dogs…” There was a pause after which he said, “now, you seem a clever woman, I’m sure you can put two and two together.” Alister found himself divulging more of his past than he would have liked on a first meeting, but under the circumstances, found he’d no other choice. The woman seemed more relaxed now, making the telling a bit easier.

With that being said Alister took only a moments pause before regaining his former, less serious self. “If you don’t mind, I’d very much like to sit down now, this bending is quite tiresome.” His face even dared a sheepish grin, as hazel eyes regarded her from beneath his lashes.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Fayne nodded. She was simply being over protective of her family, her mate, and all her loved ones. It was a time where she was required to be and she would do all in her power to protect each and every one of her pack mates. She silver Delta inhaled deeply an relaxed her body before she exhaled slowly now feeling a lot better. Alister's persuasions had definitely worked and she was now on his side, for the most part. She would keep part of herself concentrated on his actions and words, keeping an ear and eye out for anything suspicious. Fayne was an excellent judge of character though and didn't think this stranger was going to be a problem which was good for her and her family. I know. You haven't made a single step to harm me. All of your moves have been to put me at ease and I see that. Even though she was relaxed now, he was putting forth a great effort to keep her calm and on his side. Surely if he was a spy or one of Amy's henchmen once she calmed down he would make a move, but he stayed still with his hands off his weapon.

A smile crept onto her dark lips when he complimented her devotion, kind of. That's what it mean to be part of a pack. Complete devotion to your pack mates and your Alphas. She wondered he was or had ever been part of a pack. If he ever had, then he should understand why she was being the way she was. Fayne was the type of woman to give everyone a chance before she judged them which was exactly she had settled down.

Her brow furrowed as he spoke. Why did he think such little of himself? In a way, she could relate. But, then she found New Dawn and they shined a light on her that she'd never seen before. Now she believed in herself and knew she was worth something. Why else would she be Delta, or have a handsome and charming mate within the pack? Her heart soared thinking of the stormy giant who she adored so. But, the smile quickly faded as she listened to the man's story, not liking what she heard one bit. Even with all he said, she never saw him less than a kind hearted man with a trouble past. Routes meant nothing, nor did the blood that ran through your veins. At least not to Fayne. The silver woman walked closer and peered into his eyes with an understanding emerald gaze. She was still timid, but would try to help the man with his troubles. I don't think the blood that courses through you makes you any less then I or anyone else. We are both canines, we share the same blood. Although I do see the problem with your mother and father being from different sides.

Fayne sighed and sat herself down now that she was closer to him, she could easily see his eyes and all the emotions that they entailed. In my eyes, you are the same as me or anyone else. I have pack mates with dog blood and I accept them as equals. Though, I do understand that not everyone can be so kind. There are those with judgments. She said all she could to help before he spoke up and she gave a lighthearted laugh. Of course! Sorry about our introduction, it was harsh. Her tail was beginning to pick up behind her, lightly thumping on the forest ground. Her eyes were much softer and kinder and her body finally at ease. There was a hidden tenseness in her though which she didn't show to the stranger. She'd be ready if he made a move.
[html]
Ooc :: Word Count→ 523

In reaction to Fayne’s change in tone, the Callow man’s hand darted to ruffle his short-cropped mane. “Huh…That’s a switch.” He murmured. It seemed his hazel eyes had worked their charm, or perhaps they were far more open than the man was himself, betraying his compassionate nature despite the disdain his words once entailed. It had all been an act, a front meant to defend himself from scrutiny, deserved or otherwise. But the act was no longer worth maintaining, even more so when she heeded his plea.

“If you’d like, I could attempt to ease you further…It’s incredibly difficult to swing a sword on all fours.” He offered, agreeing to shift for her, if she preferred, as an act of good faith. He was not above such gestures, and would do so with little hesitation on his part, albeit if his Halfling form would suffice. His lupus form he’d rarely used, or perhaps he’d never returned to it at all, not since he could shift, anyway. Or maybe it was so seldom used he simply didn’t remember the last time. Either way, the hybrid preferred the alternatives. His lupus form brought out his mixed heritage more than any other. Despite the lack of a shepherd’s downwards sloping hips, and his hue being the lighter tones of a timber wolf, he seemed to tend towards the dog side of the spectrum. He’d get over this aversion one day, maybe, but not today.

Seeing her smile allowed him to relax, which inevitably led to a heightened awareness to the strain on his back and neck. He rubbed at them as she spoke, and caught her gaze with his earthy-toned eyes. They were green around the edges and stained with an amber-brown in the middle, the brownish hue reaching out from the center and touching on the green here and there. They were honest eyes, almost childlike in their sincerity. He found hers equally intriguing and was encouraged for a moment to believe in her words. A difficult task, that, he’d seen so much to the contrary. He wanted to believe her, but the chilly reception he’d received did nothing by affirm his belief. No one was entirely without prejudice, he defected, not even he, himself.

“You are kind as well as beautiful, it seems.” He replied to her assurances, neither confirming or denying. No, it would take some time for the Callow man to see his worth. Although, he appreciated her compassion nonetheless.

Peering from beneath his lashes his mouth widened in a boyish grin at the sound of her laughter. “Ah-hah! I knew I’d get a laugh out of you sooner or later, I just wish it hadn’t been at my expense.” He said amiably, slowly moving to remove his shield from the strap that secured it around his muscular chest. He was more comfortable handling it in front of her now, and figured she may not be as threatened by the wooden thing. He placed it beside him before making a show of plopping down on the grass with a drawn out sigh of aaahhhh. “Much better.” He said with a toothy grin.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the shortness. But, let's keep this going yeah? Smile

The Delta was simply too nice to keep the serious act up for long. Though the safety of her family came first, she generally knew she should and shouldn't trust. This man, although sarcastic, seemed to be a kind man. Fayne smiled and gave a small laugh. I believe you to be a good man. Despite your weapons, you're kind of heart. She'd much rather be her happy self and speak with the man instead of interrogate him. Anything to help take away the troubles on her mind. Anyways, he would have made his move by now if he was going to make one at all. He offered kindly to shift to all fours and her tail picked up pace, that would be great. That would be kind of you. She liked him already. Nobody had ever offered to change to ease her nerves. His weapons were the worst part about the stranger. Without them, she was confident she could protect herself until she got close to her home's border.

Still Alister was crouched, frozen in place. Every move he had made until now was to put her scattered nerves to rest. His kindness was never ending as he complimented her. Her smile grew and she bowed her head accepting the compliment. Fayne had always known she was beautiful, but she could care less about her own looks. As long as her coat was clean and shiny, she was happy and confident. He lightened up at her laugh as well and she couldn't help another relaxed chuckle. Again, I apologize for being so harsh on you. But in these times its necessary. I hope you understand. He sat down and she did the same in front of him, an everlasting kind smile on her face. Now that they were past the formalities, her curiosity was catching up with her and questions started to fill within her wolfish noggin. So Alister, you've proved to be an interesting person already. Tell me a bit about yourself. Since you're not an enemy, maybe we can share stories? The thought was a good one. She really needed something to keep her mind off of Amy and the troubles within the pack.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc I was so anal with this post, lol. >.< :: Word Count→ 000

He bowed his head briefly. "Thank you, my lady. That means a great deal to me." Friendless, and often shunned the man was surprised to hear her words, but was no less grateful. His tail wagged as she smiled at him. She quickly accepted his offer, "As you wish. A moment, my lady." He undid the tie of his cloak, allowing it to float to the ground where it lay. Next was his belt. Although she seemed much more accepting of him, he still kept his movements slow. He unbuckled it carefully and allowed it to fall. It thudded dully on the ground with the weight of his bastard sword. There was nothing remaining now but his pants. A blush crept on his cheeks as his hands passed over the laces. With a sheepish glance and a single note of nervous laughter he turned his back to the woman, fingers fumbling over the leather. Clumsily he unlaced himself, getting his fingers caught in his haste once or twice, but soon the pants became loose and he shrugged out of them. He glanced over his shoulder with a crooked grin, his face still decidely flushed.

Fully unclothed the man's body began to lower and morph. First were his feet which turned into large paws. The bones in his legs popped as they shrunk downwards. His spine crackled as it bent, his upper body becoming bulky as his mane grew, darkened, and thickened. The brown saddle on his back stained his hips as it extended to cover a larger area of his body. When his hands touched the ground they became the bestial paws of the luperci secui form. With the change complete he shook out his pelt, turning his head to glance over his shoulder once more before facing her. He'd kept nothing but the silver sun amulet during the change and there it hung on his cream chest.

He pawed his head a moment, as he often did in optime, the habit remaining with him even while shifted. "Apology accepted." The tawny wolfdog grinned, wagging his tail. He turned away from her a moment to nose and paw his clothing into a heap next to his pack. When he returned he promptly sat in the grass, wrapping his doggish tail about his paws. His ears twitched and perked and he listened to her. "I hope you mean interesting in a good way." He teased. He sighed, however, when she asked after him.

"Well, like I said...I'm a bastard. I never knew my father... or my mother as a matter of fact. She died shortly after I was born." His hazel eyes, possibly the most telling about the man were sad, mourning the family he'd never had. "This..." He lifted the hollow sun pendant for her to see with a paw. "this pendant, it was hers. The only thing I have of hers, actually." He lowed his leg to let it fall gently back to his chest. One of his brown ears twitched absently. "She reached my father's clan just before she gave birth. After her death the Beta of the clan, Eirick, took me in. He didn't have to, but I guess he pitied her, or maybe he felt obligated because of my father? I don't know." His voice was soft, contemplative for a moment as he pondered the man's motives. "I wasn't really treated like family, however...I slept under the house." He continued in his softly accented voice, nonchalant as if it truly didn't bother him; another front. "When I was old enough, he sent me away to live with the warriors. I hated it there, but the training gave me some solace. It was all I had, really."

"I trained with them for months, it was a tight regimen. But, I can't say I didn't benefit. I know quite a bit about combat. We're trained with all sorts of weapons, and by the time we come of age, we have to choose what we like best. I know everything from hand-to-hand, to daggers, to two-handed swords, to bows...but I've uh." His gaze fell to the ground and he peered up at her beneath his lashes, flashing her a crooked grin. "never been all the good with..ranged." That was an understatement, but he was still far too embarrassed to elaborate. The arrow had been a pain in the ass to get out, a literal pain in the ass, and the woman hated him for it ever since...

He shrugged casually and continued."I left only about a month ago...just after my first mission." He left it at that, voicing nothing of his sudden departure, or what it was that had happened during the mission that had made staying so unbearable. "It was hard to leave, what with the war still raging, but...I made it here, surprisingly." He nosed the map and grinned sheepishly. "I'm uh...not really the best navigator."

"So, what of you, my lady? Surely someone as gorgeous as you must have quite a few tales to tell." He lowered himself to lay, gazing at her attentively, eager for whatever she may have to share.

<style>
</style>[/html]