that smile behind iron bars
[html]

dated to July 3rd, the day Jac left (a few hours earlier) :3 outside the Mansion, around 11:00am--sorry for the wait, my brother moved in and things have been hectic

--?0 words--

The fire-eyed hybrid had never, ever expected his life to come to this. Still reeling in a state of non-reality, Jacinto found himself continuously trying so hard to believe the fate that had been passed to him, take in what really was true. Never had the peaceful man pictured himself as one to commit something as horrible as adultery, or manage to get Io pregnant. Still remembering the apology in her eyes, the look of fault written so bluntly on her pretty coyote face. Yet truly, it had been the lanky coyote's doing, having been the one to jump into the mess first. Now what was Jac to do?

A promise had been made, so quickly on that day of the Berlin's reappearance, to be there when his kids faced the world...To protect while she carried them. So suddenly had he turned his back on Omni, on Inferni and his family....It was too horrible to think of, as the coyote lounged under a large tree, sorting his options as an exasperated hand ran through his messy ruddy hair. Newborns, without their true father. It was walking away, leaving them behind. Sickening as it was, the Lykoi felt he was doing the right thing.  Cinto had made his mind up, and given a promise to be there. But Inferni--How could he tell the leadership? How can he prevent letting down Helotes?

Sitting outside the Mansion, Jacinto had found his thoughts at something of an impasse, having his choice set but his heart in another place. Already, he had hurt Omni, already he had put them at nothing, becoming the cheater of the pair and the one to act on impulse without his head. The room had been avoided for the last while, until the time came to leave;  the things would be gathered along with his son, and that invisible and immovable luggage of guilt.  

To any passerby's he would seem to be sitting disinterested, legs crossed and eyes dull. Huffing softly, the Lykoi stretched, lanky arms stretching to the sky. Tipped upward was his muzzle, calling out for one he knew, one high enough ranked to let him go, and a good enough friend to understand. 

<style type="text/css">
.jaccy2c03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c8e2e3; text-shadow:#1c2c2a 1px 1px 2px;}
.jaccy2c03 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.jaccy2c03 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#94c3a5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/d9OC6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #94c3a5; padding:245px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#476351; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.jaccy2c03 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.jaccy2c03 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jaccy2c03 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) Np, sorry for the wait on my end, as well~

Myrika is by me!

The tawny hybrid's ears twitched as she caught the beginnings of a summoning call. It was not from the borders, and the voice was half-recognized, familiar, as one of Inferni. Standing up, the redhead headed toward her bay horse and saddled him. It was not so long a walk to the mansion, but Myri liked to exercise her horses, and Cahal's speed made it worthwhile. Their headlong charge toward the forest and the mansion lurking within took only a few moments, and Myrika was soon walking the big horse through the gate.

She stopped him along the lawn, looking this way and that, until she spied Jacinto sitting beneath a tree. Sliding from her seat, Myrika was quick to undo most of the riding gear. She lifted the saddle and undid the reins, then slapped the horse on his flank so he might wander the gardens. Dropping her gear unceremoniously by the path, the tall woman headed toward her cousin with a smile on her red-tinged muzzle. It faded as she looked at him -- Jacinto had always seemed an upbeat, sunny personality, but there was clear anguish written across his features today.

Hey Jacinto, she said, stopping a few feet from him. Are you alright?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

yeeeyyy a sie. Ess fails, this was much too late :o

Word Count →

The tawny hybrid had never been one to get himself into this much of trouble, his deeds always minor and unimportant. Never (until now) had they ever hurt so many so badly. It was a terrible feeling, guilt in its purest form. Sighing, he shook his head and returned it back to in between his knees. It had been his cousin that had helped to get into Inferni...Now as sad as it was, he was making her help him out. The clan had been such a good home for him, such a great place to live--to find someone and raise his family. But, of course he had to mess that up.

After the call, Jac listened and waited. Ears lain flat against his head, his breathing was the only sound he could make out of his surroundings. But it was trust in the Aquila, his cousin that kept him in line. So desperately he had to talk to Myrika. He would have normally talked to either of the leading coyotes, but as much as he liked Ves, Myrika seemed more understanding. He didn't expect to be let back in, it was his fault after all. The orange-eyed man was lost in his guilt, slowly drowining under it all. He had lost Omni as well, now what was to happen? Where was his life, especially after the births? Huffing in a breath, he looked up as the faint clip-clop of hooves accompanied him. It was her, Myrika. "Hey" Jac said softly, glancing up to meet teal eyes. "I--I have to talk to you..." He fumbled his thumbs for a minute, tall ears still remaining flicked back. "I have to leave..."

<style type="text/css">
.jacopri b {font-weight:bold; color:#8c301f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jacopri i {font-weight:italic; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jacopri p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.jacopri {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#daaa63; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QmMIU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5c482a; padding: 380px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c482a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jacopri .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #8c301f; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.jacopri .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
OOC summary: we're only missing two posts, yeah? Wink Myrika urges jacinto to tell her what's wrong. Jacinto does so!

[html]

(--) Do not!

Myrika is by me!

Myrika was glad she'd gotten on a level with Jacinto as he spoke. It took all the strength in her not to reel back and whimper something unintelligible at him and go running into the mansion. She might even scream like the tip of her tail was on fire, too. Being close to the earth was helping to abate that feeling of intense distaste -- and not just because it involved babies, but because what had to have happened to result in babies in the first place. Her mind served up several choice images, which she soundly rejected and chased from her mind.

Despite her own feelings on the matter, Myrika knew she could not make a decision regarding a member of Inferni -- and a cousin at that -- based on her own hang-ups, strange as they were. Talking about anything related to sex or reproduction was exceeding difficult for Myrika, and this was just such a situation where the fact that she was a leader meant she had to confront her discomfort. And, in any case, it wasn't as if she needed to ask Jacinto for a play-by-play of how it had happened -- that was fairly obvious. And the misery on her cousin's face, too, helped abate the Aquila's discomfort. Surely Jacinto didn't like telling her this any more than she liked hearing it.

Hey, she said, shaking her head. No, it's okay. You did the right thing by telling me. Where are you gonna go? I guess you'd be gone maybe half a year, a year? Think you could bring back a great grand-kid for Kaena? She'll be pretty upset with you if you don't. Myrika smiled, and strangely enough, found that her smile came easily and without excessive cajoling on her end. You can always come back, Jacinto. You haven't done anything that would make you an exile, have you? She assumed, since the mother was apparently involving Jacinto in the raising of the children, she had been a consenting party to the conception. Myrika also could not imagine sweet Jacinto taking a woman by force -- he seemed the exact opposite of such a type.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The tawny-furred Lykoi very much expected the Aquila to look upon him with great distaste, disgust or perhaps cool anger. Since commuting such an act was, to be truthful, wrong. He had a mate, and so did Io. It didn't work, and now corruption was to come. But it seemed that his expectations didn't come as he thought they would, instead the Aquila's soft understanding surprised him. His ears lifted, shock written lightly over his features. This was not what the man felt likely, but perhaps he had misjudged Myrika in a sense. But the talk of grandchildren had his tail softly brushing the ground beneath them, thinking kindly of his own grandmother.

After Myri spoke, his mood lightened just a bit. And soon, his accented drawl came to reply "I don't know how long it'll be...Perhaps a year, maybe less. But around that..." He sighed, thinking of the trek to the Tribe so far south. "She's in AniWaya, her name's Io Berlin. She told me she used to reside here in the clan..." It was going to take a few days to get there, especially without a good horse. No way was he going to ask Omni for hers, as they seemed to be on too much of shaky earth at the moment.

The Lykoi leaned back some, arms that were once protectively huddled around his form, dropping to his sides for support. It was nice that it worked this way, that he would be allowed to stay. His tall chocolatey ears perked as she asked of his acts, if they were punishable of exile. He scratched his neck nervously but thoughtfully, not in any way obliged to cover the truth from his cousin. "I don't know--She has a mate, and I had one...I don't think some of AniWaya are gonna take that too well. But I didn't--You know, uh--Hurt her or do anything she didn't want." Awkwardly Jac turned his orange stare down, skin blazing underneath the fur on his face. "I never wanted to abandon them, the kids. When Io visited her to tell me she was carrying children, I didn't want to leave them behind. Wouldn't be fair."

Word Count → 000

<style>
.lacinto {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZzI13.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#100000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; color:#998c82; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #000;}
.lacinto b {color:#732100; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lacinto p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lacinto p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #732100; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.lacinto .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;  text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Myrika is by me!

For her part, Myrika was just glad Jacinto did not wish to share any intimate details regarding his relations with this Io Berlin. She listened with vague apprehension, for she neither recognized the mother's name nor did she know of the standing between her pack and the more southerly one. I don't know her, Myri admitted, but only quietly. She fell silent again for Jacinto to continue the tale. As it ventured back toward the deed itself, Myrika was apprehensive, but palpably relieved with Jacinto's assertion that all had been consented to.

I didn't think you were the type to do anything by force, she said, reassuringly. And I hope AniWaya looks on you as one standing up for his responsibility. It's the right thing to do. She, too, was worried about the potential punishment that might be meted out by the southerly pack -- if Jacinto died under torture or punishment, it would be her duty to seek vengeance for him, as his former leader and his cousin. But -- she had never heard of the AniWayans being particularly fond of severe and harsh punishment. One would think such stories might travel quickly.

I understand where you're coming from, she added, shrugging. You'd be welcome to come back -- but I do advise bringing a grandkid at least to meet Kae. She grinned at this. Considering the pressure that had been placed on Myri to reproduce, she could only imagine the one-eyed woman's wrath if there were grandkids in the world she had yet to meet.

<style>
</style>[/html]