Keep running.
[html]
ooc. This is intended to end up a peaceful encounter. However, your character can react to her in whichever way they naturally would. She’s pretty frantic/stupid right now. I spoke to Sie regarding the thread - it is all welcome though either Myrika or Vesper will make an appearance at some point since she’s all *derp hi I’m a stranger in your lands* Feel free to intercept her at the borders or meet her at whatever point… she’s running toward Great Village. 400+

Where am I? …run… How did I get here? …don’t look back… How long has it been? …time is of the essence… “Ahh! Stop!” Hands flew up to the sides of her head and clutched matted locks of golden brown hair, pulling as brown eyes squeezed shut while Katerina labored uselessly to clear her mind. Her chest heaved as she panted heavily, though she had not been laboring hard enough for these fast, short breaths. She whimpered as images of shadowy monsters with blood red eyes cavorted through her head. “No! No! STOP!” She yelled, and jerked her head up. When she opened her eyes, it was all gone, and she could see the world around her again.

Her eyes scanned the territory and she turned a circle as she took it all in. It was as though she had seen nothing even though she had walked into this land on her own two legs. How far had she gotten from End World? She had no idea. It could have been miles, it could have been worlds, but for all she knew if she turned around End World would be right behind her. It felt like it, it felt like it would follow her anywhere. She didn’t want to turn around again. But she did.

“Oh, oh god!” She gasped and covered her mouth, and her heart dropped into her stomach at the sight. It was not End World, but the grisly line she had crossed was a foreboding scene that did not purport good will towards visitors. What had done this? What boss, what monster would line up these skulls on pikes like ornaments of death? Were there gangs here too? Or mutants? Maybe she was right, maybe it was End World, maybe it would follow her everywhere she went… maybe she could never escape. Slowly, she walked toward the line of toothy skulls and reached out to one sun bleached skull. Fingers gently brushed bone and it jostled on its spike; the loose jaw fell to the ground.

No time! Darkness falls. Katerina jumped as the jawbone clattered, and she leaped back, coming back to reality. Her eyes shot to the gradient sky, purples and pinks now intermingled with blue. Time was running out; it didn’t matter what place she had come to, it would be night soon. There was something in the distance, she remembered. Houses, perhaps. She didn’t know the state of the village, but it was her only hope of getting inside before nightfall… before the terrors came… The wire-thin woman spun around and began running, away from the hideously marked border, away from the looming threat of End World, away from the terrors, and into a place where she knew not what awaited her there.

<style>
.cheshire718-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.cheshire718 ooc {color:#fe6d5b9;}
.cheshire718 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.cheshire718 b {color:#e6d5b9; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#836b47 0px 1px 0px;}
.cheshire718 {width:357px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#493a28; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/11w4npg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:410px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 348 Hiiii Nuki Big GrinDD Oh, I didn't mention it in the post but Helotes has an arm in a sling, it's not broken just sprained. I forgots about it XD

The children were asleep, put down for a nap, and under the watchful yet begrudging eye of Timori. Helotes found himself relying heavily on the young boy now that Zana was gone, and while he could tell that the de le Poer boy did not like playing babysitter, Helotes knew he understood. The Hydra did have pack matters to attend to from time to time, even though it was peaceful now. The new father did make sure to keep both himself and his horses in physical shape, so they would be ready for anything.

Today, he was out riding Potra, the young filly who had just recently been broken. Unlike her mother, Potra was long-legged and it showed in her speed, and Helotes was pushing her in a full sprint and the two of them seemingly flew over the ground on invisible wings. Despite himself, Helotes had a silly grin plastered on his maw as the wind whipped his eyes into watering. Yegua could never even hope to go this fast, and it was exhilarating.

The dark male was so caught up in the fun of the ride that he did not have his full sense about him, and it was not until he was nearly on top of the trespasser that he noticed her. He let out a surprised yelp and pulled on Potra’s reigns hard, but the smart mare did not skip a beat, and nearly turned on a dime at break neck speed to turn around and cut of the woman running towards the village. All Helotes knew was that she was not someone he had seen before, and she did not smell of Inferni, and she was not a coyote or wolf. He did not have his weapons with him, but if he had to fight her his claws and teeth would do just fine. You! he barked out as Potra pranced in front of the female, making a wall out of spotted fur covered horse muscle, What are you doing here? He was firm in his question, but did not threaten her yet.

<style type="text/css">
.heloosa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ff8c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#290d00 1px 1px 2px;}
.heloosa .wc {font-weight:bold; color:#ff8c00; text-shadow:#290d00 1px 1px 2px;}
.heloosa p.ooc {font-size: 11px; padding:0px 30px; font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.heloosa p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heloosa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.heloosa p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.heloosa p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.heloosa {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#804500; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vY2t6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #290d00; padding:410px 0px 4px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#290d00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The sound of the galloping horse was not lost to her ears, and she knew what a sound like that could mean. She wasn’t fast enough, she was going to be caught outside in the darkness. She looked around frantically, spotting the shadowy vision of the mounted man, but she kept on running until the horse darted out in front of her and blocked her path. Katerina screamed and threw her arms up to protect herself, thinking she would be trampled beneath the hooves, and at the same time she tripped and fell to her knees.

Just a split second later when there was no onslaught she looked up at the man that loomed over her, her eyes moving back and forth from him to the shuffling hooves. He was… normal. Or, from what she could tell anyway. But still he was a man protecting his home (she assumed) which she knew she was clearly not supposed to be in, and the meeting could easily go badly for her at a moment’s notice.

“I’m sorry,” she said, her voice sharp with hysteria. “If I’m not supposed to be here I’m sorry, but I need to get indoors. Just for the night. Just one night and then I’ll get out of here.” She glanced to the sky and then back to the man. “Please!”

If he chose to attack, to just rid himself of the inconvenience that was she, he would have little problem disposing of her. The woman was wiry and thin, thin even for her own smaller species, like food had been scarce. Despite all of the worry within her eyes it was clear that she was tired, it looked like weeks of paranoia had chipped away pieces of her soul. Yet somewhere beneath there was one last spark telling her to survive.

“The creatures,” she paused, blinked as though flinching, and then started again. “The creatures that come out in the dark will get me, and they will get you too if you don’t get inside.” Why was the man even risking being out here so close to dusk? Her eyes turned to the sky, and she was certain she could see the last of the sunlight sinking toward the horizon.

<style>
.cheshire718-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.cheshire718 ooc {color:#fe6d5b9;}
.cheshire718 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.cheshire718 b {color:#e6d5b9; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#836b47 0px 1px 0px;}
.cheshire718 {width:357px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#493a28; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/11w4npg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:410px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 283 OOC

Whoa, whoa momasita! Helotes said to try and calm Potra down. She was so excited from the sudden stop and the smell of the newcomer that she was prancing about as if she had seen a snake, but at Helotes’s mutterings she finally calmed down and shook her red mane about. The Hydra looked down at the woman who was now on her knees; she was hysterical, and was saying insane things. Helotes couldn’t help but raise a confused eyebrow at her, any anger that he might have felt at her trespassing falling away due to her nonsensical words. Was she mad? Mentally ill? What in God’s name was she talking about?

After she had finished her plea for shelter, and warned him of the dangers that exited only in her mind, Helotes’ face hardened, I can assure you that the only creature of the night you have to worry yourself over is me. and for a moment his teeth flashed in a Cheshire grin. But now he was faced with what exactly he should do with her. She should be punished for foolishly coming into the clan lands, but it was obvious that her delusions of creatures coming to get her were quite real to her; the fear in her eyes said it all. The village was nearby, but did Helotes truly want to sit through the night with this vagrant? Perhaps he should let someone else deal with her.

Quickly and without warning, the large coyote male lifted his maw to the sky and let out several short calls for Vesper. He would not bother Myrika with this, and besides, he believed the Centurion would be better suited for this encounter.

<style type="text/css">
.heloosa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ff8c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#290d00 1px 1px 2px;}
.heloosa .wc {font-weight:bold; color:#ff8c00; text-shadow:#290d00 1px 1px 2px;}
.heloosa p.ooc {font-size: 11px; padding:0px 30px; font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.heloosa p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heloosa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.heloosa p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.heloosa p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.heloosa {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#804500; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vY2t6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #290d00; padding:410px 0px 4px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#290d00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The arrow whizzed through the air, landing with a soft thunk into the tree, about half a foot shy of her intended mark. A frown tugged at her lips, but it was better than she’d honestly hoped for with her poor archery skills. Her distance was fine, and getting better each time she used her muscles to draw the bowstring, but her aim suffered each time; the few arrows stuck in the bushes could attest to that.

She was glad to shoulder her quiver and head toward the tree to wrench loose the arrows that had struck, grunting with the effort. After making sure they weren’t somehow damaged, she slipped them into the quiver then bent to grab at those lost in the surrounding foliage, slightly self-conscious; this was why she always practiced alone, which some of her lack of skill could be attributed to. Ever since Ithiel, Ezekiel, and Alma had shown her the basics, she’d practiced on her own ever since, and she was just now picking up where she left off. The appearance of a particular coydog had challenged her to do so, but she didn’t dwell on her reasons.

Vesper turned in the direction of the caverns, ready to stow her equipment away and perhaps call it a day, when a familiar voice called out from near the D’Neville. Her ear shot up, her hackles rising on the back of her neck, and she let out a few sharp yaps to let Helotes know she was coming. While it didn’t sound like he was in danger, she knew she couldn’t dillydally. Bow in hand, she moved briskly in her optime form toward her friend.

The sight that greeted her was an odd one: Helotes mounted on his filly, and a very thin luperci huddled on the ground almost underneath her hooves. Blue eyes widened, and the Centurion had to fight her first instinct to crouch on the ground beside the woman and comfort her. Swallowing, she shot a glance at the dark Hydra in questioning then at last hunkered a bit closer to the skinny stranger, setting her bow and arrows down on the ground; they wouldn’t do her any good in close combat if this creature turned out to be dangerous.

But, judging from the other’s near-emaciated condition and fear-stench, the prospect of her being dangerous was laughable. She was a trespasser, one outside of the clan, but she was not a wolf. She wasn’t even a coyote. Her brow furrowed, and she tried to remember where she’d smelled that strange species-scent before.

“She’s like Enkiel,” Vesper said half to herself, remembering the jackal-hybrid. Then she addressed the woman, her voice sharpening slightly, though her eyes betrayed some of her concern. “Who are you? What are you doing on our territory?”

Word Count → 466

Man, this sucks, but Ves is here now!

<style>
.layves {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2mVoB.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#000019; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; color:#AFA591; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.layves b {color:#AF5D58; letter-spacing:1px;}
.layves p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.layves p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #AF5D58; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.layves .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]