Home Sweet Home (?)
((WC: 342 - OOC: Sorry this took so long! ;n; ))

With all the time on his hands, the red merle shepherd had really gotten to make his way through the ruins of the human deprived city.

There was no sense in wandering around like a lost pup, and he had accepted that he was here now, and it was home. He might as well make the best of it.

This was his start to a new life. Harvey Butler had been looking for a fresh start, and what more could one ask for than a completely clean slate? Sure, he owned nothing and his "possessions" were tattered items he'd found scavenging about the land, but he'd learned from the past he was running from that material things lead to greed and a fiery passion for collecting more.

His time so far had been lonely, but he wasn't focused on friends now; Harvey needed stability. He needed a place of residence, a plan, some sort of schedule perhaps so that he wasn't lurking about without a thought as to what to do next. He had been blessed with another chance at a new life, and he was putting it to waste.

It was like dress up to him. Adorned in black cargo shorts, worn low as to allow his tail mobility, and darkly tinted sunglasses atop his mess of reddish-brown hair, Harvey seemed to be collecting items simply so they wouldn't be put to waste (possessions weren't necessary, as he'd recently learned, but then again, the ex-gang member always seemed at war with himself).

Harvey hummed a tune softly, tail swaying behind as he came along a row of houses, some still in nice enough shape to stay in. Possibly.

This wasn't the first time the merle male considered finding a more permanent shelter. He'd looked through other houses during his journey through the city that appeared manageable from the outside, only to discover mold and dangerous damage had left the inside a death trap to anything that attempted residing within its walls.

Maybe these were different.

What did he have to lose?
[html]
ooc text here [WC: 000 || Pts: 0]

The house had been clean for days now, and she found that there wasn’t much left to do around anymore. Vitalia was tied up in the back, and Acciai was perched up on the unusable deck. He only used the railing, so it didn’t matter to him. That seemed sturdy enough, but she wasn’t about to trust the flooring. At least the floors inside the house were protected from the weather, but the ones outside were put through the various snow storms and thunderstorms throughout the seasons for who knew how long.

Rio came out onto the porch, bringer her dagger with her from her bedroom. She plopped the heavy metal knife into her lap, hiding it from anyone who would aimlessly pass by. She learned her lesson from going anywhere without a weapon from all the dangerous encounters she had. She was naïve, and didn’t know how to fight at all, but she figured she could wave the dagger at someone and scare them off. Maybe.

The female sat on the edge of her steps gazing out into the decaying road and the crumbling houses across the street. How did she get so lucky? Her house had to have been in the best condition on the whole block, or even the entire town. A smell came to her soon enough, of another. She swiftly ducked behind her banister to look down the street, and sure enough – she spotted a dog. A red one. He was aimlessly walking in her direction, and looking into houses along the way. She quickly sat back on the step and clutched the dagger in her left hand, even though she was right handed. If he was mean-spirited, he would want to take her beautiful house, the one that she worked so hard on, away from her - or there was also the slight chance that he was passing through. Hopefully that one. Her fingers still wrapped tightly around the handle of the decorative dagger she had in her hand, but she didn’t intend to use it, yet.

<style>
.riogarg { background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/xnygrn.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#a82a02; width:506px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:310px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000;}
.riogarg b {color:#ffefb4; }
.riogarg p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.riogarg p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
((WC: 276 - OOC: -derp- ))

He pressed his face to the glass of a dirty window, hands shielding out the outside light so that he could peer through. A massive hole seemed to have taken away most of the floor, wood splintering over the dark pit. The ceilings weren't better, being yellowed with mold and covered in spiders' web. Even the smell that seeped through the cracks and crevices in the walls was enough to make the canine turn up his pink nose in disgust.

Nope.

When it came to luck in finding a home suitable to at least stay the night, Harvey Butler was all out. Stepping down from the creaky steps (ones he was unsure he should even be putting weight on), the Brit returned to the streets.

Suddenly, he spotted something in the corner of his eye that grabbed his attention.

Flopped ears perked as he turned to see another being sitting on a seemingly more stable set of stairs, a short flight attached to a most aesthetically pleasing abode.

The dog cracked a a smile... somewhat.

'Ello! S'nice t' see a friendly face, 'tis... Was beginnin' t' fear I was th' last one 'ere. He joked, though he was sincere about the calm feeling that came forth knowing he had company. Friendly or not, he couldn't be sure, but he figured it'd be stupid to give up the chance at obtaining answers.

That, and that house she was sitting at had really caught his gaze.

The red merle male eased closer, moving slowly, as if making sure it was alright by the assumed resident. Me name's Harvey Butler... He said with a nod, Sorry t' intrude, miss...?
[html]
Boop. [WC: 000 || Pts: 0]

The other spotted her. She could feel the excitement, or adrenaline, course through her veins and she seemingly got more and more anxious as he edged closer. She smiled back at him and quickly tucked the dagger back into the sheath strapped to her thigh. She hid it underneath her flowing dress and wanted to hope that she wouldn’t need it soon. When the other came closer, Rio stood up on the steps and walked down them. She approached him, taking note that he was easing towards her, and held out a hand for a handshake. ”Rio.” Whether he shook her hand or not, she sat back down on her porch steps.

She fixed her dress so that the male wouldn’t be able to see the dagger hidden underneath. She didn’t want to scare him off, yet. She studied him. He didn’t seem to be from around, and the accent might’ve given it away a little. ”Where are you from? You don’t seem to be a native…” His lost expression gave it away, too. Rio carefully scooted to the middle of her steps, so that she could see him a lot better. She kept looking him over to make sure he wasn’t giving off any signs of maliciousness. She didn’t notice any yet, but she still kept her eyes on him anyway. She didn’t care if he noticed because he was the one in question, not her. ”Yeah, there aren’t many around these parts. That’s why I chose to live here,” she pointed back to the house behind her, ”I live here with another woman and her daughter. It’s pretty quiet – kinda nice, actually.” It was definitely different from pack lands.

<style>
.riogarg { background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/xnygrn.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#a82a02; width:506px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:310px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
(( WC: 241 ))

Ah, pleasure t' meetcha, Miss Rio! He said, shaking her hand briefly.

Eh, I'm from... 'Ere an' there... Harvey shrugged, not caring too much to dig into his past. It was what he was running away from, after all, so he figured letting it go, keeping himself from revealing it, was the best option.

His smile wasn't quite genuine, but it at least appeared happy. Something was making him nervous, perhaps the way the other seemed to observe him. Harvey pretended not to take much notice of it, and spoke rapidly, words slurring together some, as his accent was already difficult for some.

So I've noticed... Hm. I imagine it'd be quite the nice lil' place, no neighbours t' cause ya trouble, or chaos thrivin' in the streets. Hardly any action happenin' at all. He more or less mumbled, not thinking too much on what he was saying.

He wasn't scared, but uneasy.

Instead of allowing himself to be shown was weak and uncomfortable (which was incredibly embarrassing for him, due to his large ego and the fact that his current audience was of the female persuasion), Harvey cleared his throat, gave another grin, and let his body relax.

Sounds like a nice lil' set-up. So, y'know o' any other homes 'ere in livable conditions? It'd be nice t' find meself some cozy place t' stay the night... The Brit nodded. Or 'ave ya grabbed the last one on the market?
[html]
ooc text here [WC: 000 || Pts: 0]

He didn’t quite give her an answer as to where he was from, but Rio didn’t push the issue any farther. His smile seemed uneasy, and she secretly wondered what made him so uncomfortable. Maybe he noticed the knife strapped to her leg. She gulped as her heart rate began to pick up. What if he was going to attack her now and he was just waiting on the moment where she was distracted? Rio suppressed the urge to run into her house and lock all the doors and windows behind her. He seemed okay on the outside, despite her crazy paranoia about him.

His speech seemed to be mushed and awkward, and Rio zeroed in on his current demeanor. He seemed to be out of place, looking for somewhere to stay. She noticed he was rather handsome, as most who came Rio’s way were, and he seemed stranded. The thought of a helpless male swirled in her head. Maybe she could make him hers. Finally, a mate. Someone who would want her! (Of course Rio was aware these things were only in her head) She scowled for a moment before nodding. ”You can stay with me if you’d like… I think my house is the only one still standing quite well…” She made nothing of her secret plan obvious, as she was doubtful she’d even pursue it. ”You can stay as long as you need. I would love the company.” Of especially a man, she didn’t say. Rio was beaming at the stranger, hoping he’d say yes and she could show him to his room. Then he would be staying in her house… Would she rape him? Rio mentally shook her head. She wouldn’t stoop that low…

<style>
</style>
[/html]
((227))

Those words rang like a chorus of angels in the canine's flopped ears. His demeanor turned genuinely for the better, his bi-coloured eyes brightened and red merle tail wagging happily behind him.

Wait... Really, for real? Harvey laughed some, Oh, boy! Tha'd be lovely! I been wanderin' 'about for who knows 'ow long, me feet grown tired and such... I promise I wouldn't stay too long, miss, I would 'ate t' intrude.

He nodded. It was true, and he'd consider himself a sort of freeloader if he stayed for too long of a period, leeching off another for his own benefit, especially a woman. No, he wouldn't have that, but he'd gladly take up the offer at least some time in a warm home with shelter from the rain and winds.

I could 'elp 'round the 'ouse, I could. The aussie dog nodded, Feel free t' put me t' work, never believed in gettin' benefits for nufin'. Can do jus' 'bout anyfin' ya ask, so don't 'esitate, right?

The Brit beamed, excited to have not only been granted a friend (at least, he hoped he could call this stranger a friend, as she was already inviting him to stay within her home), but a place to stay until he could find something of his own, perhaps.

It seemed like quite the lucky day for him.
[html]
Hope the pp is okay with him getting inside? She takes him to this room as his room. [WC: 000 || Pts: 0]

Rio stood on the step, fixing her dress so that he wouldn’t catch sight of the knife she had hidden underneath there. It seemed she wouldn’t need it for the time being, but kept it on her just in case. She walked up the last step and onto the porch. She looked up at the sky, which seemed to be gathering storm clouds. That was the only bad thing about living on the coast – it always rained. She ushered Harvey in, ”Come on in before it decides to rain again.”

As the two entered the house, Rio shut the door behind them and locked it. There was a doorknob and a simple top lock that she clicked to the left, locking the door. Then she walked into the house. They walked through the living room first, and she didn’t say anything. Evidently, it was a seating area with a bare wall where the TV once sat. It was gone now, burned with everything else in the middle of the street. A big hunk of melted plastic now sat in the street, as a reminder to Rio that she burned everything away. Rio turned the corner into a bare dining room, and turned into the kitchen. ”This is the kitchen. Meat is stored in jars in the cabinets, along with any other food you’d want to store. Water’s in there too.” When he stopped looking around, she moved to the stairs, and up she went. ”There’s another bedroom there, and a bathroom (unusable toilet, sink, bathtub- if you ever wanna bathe)." Rio walked up the stairs into the landing. There was one couch that sat lonely there, and she pointed towards the door on the right. "That’s my room…” Then she turned to the door on the left, ”And this is your room.”

She opened the door to reveal a citrus-flavored room. It was closed in with no windows, but she wouldn’t lock him in there so he should be fine. The bed was big enough to accommodate a Luperci and everything else as well. ”There should be everything you need in there. If you’re hungry, don’t be shy to come out and eat.” Rio turned away from him and sat on the lonely couch, knowing he would have questions for her. She unstrapped the dagger from her leg and placed it on the couch next to her. She folded her hands and looked up at him expectantly, like she knew he would have more questions for her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
((359)) That's perfectly fine, no problem~

Being from London, Harvey was quite used to the rain, so it really wouldn't have bothered him much, but he agreed that he'd rather be inside and warm than caught outside, wet and cold, especially if the option to be sheltered was present. It was another reason, though, he felt so at home in the ruined urban area.

Righto. The Australian Shepherd nodded, following behind the female into the building. Once inside, he paused to look around as she shut and locked the door. He noticed the empty living room, but Rio didn't say anything, and he wasn't going to question.

They toured the kitchen first, the canine staying quiet as he listened to his guide, paying attention as to where things were located. If he was going to stay here, he didn't want to come off as helpless, needing to be shown around and such. It was embarrassing enough for the male to admit he'd been lost and needed assistance finding a home in the first place, let alone having the inability to live comfortably in the place now provided for him.

As he was shown around the abode, he nodded, signaling to his new friend that he understood what was being said, and was paying attention. He smiled when she mentioned his room.

It was a cozy little place, brightly coloured and lacking a window, but that mattered little to him. Harvey's attention was turned to the bed, something he'd been desiring the comfort of for the past several days.

Oh, it's quite a lovely lil' room, Miss Rio! Are ya sure ya don't mind this any? It was a large favour to do for somebody only just met, especially for a young woman to be allowing a man inside so easily. Harvey could trust himself and knew he'd never do anything to cause intentional harm, but he was surprised that Rio was so openly ready to house and feed him.

He turned to her, I really 'preciate it, miss. An' I promise t' make it up t' ya, if I can. I won't stay too long, don't wish t' be a bovah.

...Thank you. Harvey smiled.
[html]
It’s up to you.. You could end it there and we could thread again, or you can have him follow her downstairs, whichever Smile [WC: 000 || Pts: 0]

Maybe she was being naïve for letting this complete stranger stay in her house. Maybe it was the fact that she had little experience with any trouble at all. Sure, she had run into a few crazies along the road of her travels, but for the ones that looked innocent – she had no idea. She was quick to let him know that if he were to act up that she did have a dagger that she was ready to use, though unwilling to.

Rio looked up at him, ”No problem. Stay as long as you want to. I don’t mind the company, as long as it’s good company.” She rose from the couch, taking the dagger with her. ”I’m sure you want to go in and rest… Come find me later.” Rio turned from the man, and went down the stairs toward the living room. She set the dagger on the coffee table and curled up in the corner of the L-shaped couch, with a blanket and stared at the empty wall. She secretly wondered what it was like for humans to stare at the big blank frame that she burned out in the street…

<style>
</style>
[/html]
((212)) Probably end it, and have another thread, if that's okay.

Harvey Butler took notice of the dagger, and was quick to understand that his new landlord of sorts was nobody for toying with. He wasn't particularly threatened, because he knew he wouldn't cause any harm, but he'd be sure to stay in line and keep his temper under control. The last thing he wanted to do was upset his new friend and end up with several new scars, or worse.

Oh, yes ma'am, good company, of course... The aussie dog smiled, giving his head a quick nod, I'd enjoy the company meself, so ya can trust me t' be good.

He smirked slightly, tail wagging some behind him, excited to have acquired a warm, dry place to stay, at last!

Harvey watched as Rio stood, taking the weapon with her.

Rest would be lovely... Thank ya again, miss. He grinned, I'll be sure t' pay ya some company after it all.

As she descended down the stairs, he turned, looking back to the room. It was so bright and inviting. It wasn't what he was used to, or even what he'd imagine one day living in, even if temporarily, but he couldn't complain.

Stretching, a yawn escaping the red merle male, Harvey headed toward the bed, able to rest comfortably at last.