stranger in a strange land
[html]

So there’s no set date yet from when Salvia yells at Maggie, but I started it yesterday, but I’m also excited for this thread so I’m starting it today. Let’s just say it’s set a day or two after this thread? If not, I can change <3

Though she had not been physically injured, Maggie’s body felt broken. She had suffered in the name of her fallen almost-mother, that she blindly held her loyalty to. Salvia’s words stuck to her even now, a few days after. Maggie found herself weeping in the early morning, determined to talk to Eris about it. She missed her deeply, and needed to tell her of this. She also regretted not being there for the fallen monarch, but her children had needed her. Hopefully Eris would understand.

It was a foggy morning, as it often was by the bay. Maggie walked briskly to Eris’ home in the ruins. Maggie had not seen the woman since Salvia’s meeting, and she had assumed she was holed up there. At least she hoped. Perhaps she was at her weir, but Maggie doubted it.

The Confidant crept to Eris’ home, and looked around for any sort of movement. “Eris?” Maggie called quietly, her voice weak as it was the first time she had spoken that day. She prayed she was there. Maggie wondered what sort of state the woman would be in. The thought seemed too tragic, so she pushed it from her mind, jade eyes glued to the woman’s den entrance.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(304) Hmm... I told you I was gonna do Draugr/Eris, but I've changed my mind, if that's okay...? :3 I need the Eris posts! And if not, I'll just bring Dra in as an NPC under Eris rather than vice versa, if that's alright. Ooor we can leave her out all together. Let me know what you'd prefer!

Eris is by Kiri!

Her den was not as lovely as it had once been. Molcaxitl had at least kept the place clean, and Eris could not be bothered to keep up with much of it. Her indifference led to a considerable mess: the ashes of her fireplace were overflowing, her things were in complete disarray, and the grasses and plants that grew around her home were overgrowing with the summer's heat. Eris did not care. She spent most of her time underground, and if not underground, draining her sorrows in the wine and other alcohol kindly supplied by Draugr -- and, she suspected, Siv.

It was good to know there were some within the pack who still cared for her. Often, the obsidian-hued woman felt otherwise. Sirius had abandoned her -- and she could have loved him once, perhaps. Larkspur, too, had gone away and left her to deal with the cruelties of the world. She still had Pandemic, at least -- he slept in her home more often than not now, tucked into the lean-to or above in her ruins or even beside her. At least she still had her son. Her daughter? The dark-hued hybrid tried not to think of Salvia.

The sound of a voice drew her from the underground part of her den and into the world. The voice was Magnolia's, and it sparked a reminder within her that there were others still who might still have some love for her left. This excited her, and she crept to the entrance of her ruins, peering at Magnolia with a faint smile. Magnolia, she said, crooking the fingers of one hand and gesturing for her to approach and enter. The dark woman was haggard, thinner than she'd been, and rather unkempt -- but there was hope shining bright in her chartreuse eyes.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

I’m cool with whatever. :3 I know Maggie would prefer if it was just them, but she could use some other friends in the pack too, I suppose. Whatever you want to do lady!! <3 Maggie can still bathe her, if she wants. <33 she’s still that kind of girl teehee. Hope the PP is okay.

Maggie only had a few moments to notice the disarray at which her fallen Auxiliary had turned to before she came from underground at the sound of the Confidant’s voice. Seeing the dark woman again made Maggie almost weep for joy, she had missed her so much, but when her haggard appearance because obvious Maggie couldn’t help but let out a small gasp. She was a ghost of the beautiful, robust woman she had once known. Salvia had broken her, and the dark woman was finally showing signs of wear.

“Oh, Eris,” she exclaimed, forgoing all sorts of formality and running straight up to the Crone and giving her a big hug, the kind that forced the hugger to twist the other from side to side slightly. Maggie squeezed Eris tightly and smelled liquor and despair. Oh, this wasn’t how she was supposed to be. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

The hybrid finally let go of the hug and looked deep into Eris’ eyes. ”What have they done to you, my queen?” The question wasn’t meant to be answered, really, the female was more expressing her rage than anything else. “I’m so sorry, I would have come to see you sooner, but the children—“ She knew it wasn’t an excuse. She still should have seen her dear friend before all this happened. Maggie knew she needed taking care of, but chose her own blood over pack blood. She was disgusted with herself.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Eris is by Requiem!

The shadow-furred hybrid was beyond shame. She was indifferent to her appearance and the present state of things. Even so, some faint part of her recoiled at Magnolia's gasp, and Eris was convinced the silvery woman would turn and leave her there. Instead, surprisingly, the Confidant charged forward and swept her up into a hug. The Crone was too stunned to react for a moment. She lifted her arms after a moment, however, and returned the hug. It was tight and warm and filled with love -- Eris could feel that much, at least.

The woman's words, however, were more relief than even the hug. My queen, the hybrid repeated silently, smiling outwardly. She shook her head and put her hands on the woman's shoulders. It's alright. No one did anything, my dearest, she said. I just haven't the energy anymore. In fact, it was tiring for her to stand here. Should we sit? I'm in such disarray -- maybe we should sit outside, the dark woman suggested. She made a face at her surroundings, tail twitching.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

This thread makes me squeal so hard. <3 Also, Dra might not be in the thread but Maggie can still bathe her!

Somehow, Maggie didn’t believe what Eris was saying. She knew that Salvia had stripped her of her power like it was nothing when Eris was in a dark time. She still was, apparently, by the looks of her residence. Maggie made a mental note to come back and tidy her place up when the children were with their father. Or better yet, she should bring them so Eris had a distraction of some sorts.

“No, you need pampering.” Maggie said with a grin as she took Eris’s hands off her shoulders and held them between her own. “Nothing would make me happier to serve you. Would you like a bath? Are you hungry? I could fix us something, if you’d like,” Maybe Maggie sounded pathetic somehow, but she really did feel this way; Maggie directed whatever motherly feelings left in her mind from Lolita to Eris. The Confidant wanted nothing more than to make Eris happy. She would do whatever would piss Salvia off the most, too.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

8D <3

Eris is by James!

A bath. Just the word made her shiver. It would be good to wash, but she was no longer entitled to luxuries -- would their Cicerone grow angry with Magnolia at Eris's expense? The dark-hued woman cared for her silver-hued Family member, and did think of her as a daughter. As was all of Salsola -- or, as they'd been before she had relinquished her matronly position.

A bath would be lovely, the coyote said. Her tone was kindly and she tried to make herself sound how she thought she sounded before -- well, before everything. She could not remember how she'd been, though, and her efforts were perhaps as transparent as a dissipating cloud to one such as Magnolia. Make one of the slaves fetch us food, though. You're a new mother, the hybrid said, squeezing the woman's hands.

You have enough to do now without mothering me, too. Eris did not want Magnolia neglecting her children even a second, not for her account. They were the next generation of Salsolians, and they needed their mother's strength. They deserved it more than she did, too.

<style>
</style>[/html]