Straight Shot
[html]
WC: 431 OOC: Eclipse is in optime

Even though eclipse didn’t feel well, she still felt she could hunt. it was the best thing she could do to get her mind off things. Especially Robert, and why should she be thinking about him so much anyway? He was her friend of course, but to think about how little he gets out and so much he was missing, and actually liking his company, was that a bit much to be thinking about? Well the only thing that got her off her mind was to go hunting and that was what she did, but instead of going on foot she took Grace with her. Though she would not be shooting from the back of the great hooved beast. She knew better than that now, but she was able to ride her bareback with ease now.

She moved into the forest that she basically grew up in and soon found the things she would be hunting. Squirrels. They were numerous and though they didn’t have that much meat, she was only feeding herself, she wasn’t too picky on what she caught. Dismounting the mare she started tracking through the forest. Grace, knowing Eclipse was hunting, stayed where she was left. Eclipse wouldn’t mistake the horse for a squirrel and wouldn’t be hunting in that area anyway. She moved deeper into the forest when she caugh sign of one of the quick creatures nibbling a nut on the forest floor. She stopped and then took her bow and arrow out. It took a bit of precision to kill a quirrel, which was a small target, but Eclipse was a pretty darn good archer and she was able to shoot it in the back of the head when it sat up after a few seconds of moving to one side to nibble on its food. This of course made her think of the pendant she wore and she thought of the irony behind it all.

It didn’t take her long to get back to Grace and start up a fire and skin the animal, putting a vegetable oil over it that she prepared early in the day with some of the dried herbs she had. It was a mixture that had a pretty nice kick to it that she would enjoy and tas she worked her mind was off the things that ran through it. Especially the day she had spent with Aro, a mistake that she had made before with Moss, but it was starting to worry her in another subliminal way and she didn’t know what it was.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
475 // Ink's in his Optime form as well.

He'd been traveling for a long time. For many nights and days, he'd either walked or ridden on, tirelessly searching for answers. He never stayed in one place very long, knowing well that most of his answers would be found in the East. He paused once in Saint John but moved on shortly after- no news of his father there. So, he continued East once he'd gotten enough supplies to last him another week. Jericho was holding up fine despite the constant travels- she was used to it and thanks to Ink's perference to walk beside her, she got a lot of breaks. He only rode during the night, once he'd become too tired to walk. The guy was just a kid. Who would blame him?

The thick surrounding of forest told him he was still lost. The scent of a pack told him he'd gotten closer to a border. His wish to survive another day kept him well away from said borders- he didn't want another run in like before, back in Ontario, when he'd barely escaped with his ears in tact. No, he kept to the unmarked forest, leading Jerri carefully as they walked along, dodging fallen trees and sometimes tripping over roots and bramble. By the time they made it out of the thick and into a clearing, his legs and pants were torn to shreds, blood trickling down despite his best efforts to keep himself whole.

It stung, so he decided to tend to it. However, as he moved to rummage through Jerri's saddlebags, the scent of fire and meat caught his attention- and his stomach's. With an angry and painful growl from below, the boy knew he'd met his match. Today, he'd have to be social. He couldn't hunt well and he'd gone days without a proper meal. Maybe whoever it was would be willing to share. Maybe he'd lose an ear. It was well worth the risk, or so he decided.

He left Jericho to wander, knowing well that he could call her to his side at any given time. The mare followed him to the edge of the clearing and watched him as he vanished into the brush again. It took him a few minutes but when he reached his destination, it was with a flare of excitement- namely his own clumsy and painful paws and roots again. The dual-toned male came tumbling into the small clearing, falling flat on his chest with a yelp and a grunt. For a moment, he remained there on the ground, dazed and slightly disoriented. Then, he snapped to. "Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean-" He sat up and as his eyes fell on the girl before him, he fell short and silent. At a loss for words as always, he simply shrank back and waited for the worst.

<style type="text/css">
.blue b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9e0e5;}
.blue p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.blue {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#0f0e2d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RsVDS.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Bujaa.png);
background-position: center top, center bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; padding: 100px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e90b3; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
WC: 314 OOC: Sorry bout the delay, now i'll post whenever i get the chance, I was making sure I didn't get too many eclpse posts so i could get my 5th Big Grin

Eclipse was humming. It was tuneless and gawdy, she wasn’t the best with her voice and it was only when she was alone when she hummed or when she was cooking, then it would slip out and she wasn’t self conscious until someone said something or she was done cooking. This time it was someone falling right into her camp. She jumped with a start as a man tripped into the clearing and she was on her feet quick and ready to strike as her bow was in her hands and an arrow was in the string within seconds, but she did not pull back. Her heart was racing and she dropped her bow down towards the earth when he spoke and she then she leaned down to help him up. He seemed harmless enough and Eclipse was usually good at telling the good from the bad and this one did expect her to put an arrow to his head.

“Are you ok? You do know it’s not really a good idea to trip over roots like that” Yes she weas blunt and to a point. She hated seeing others unhappy though and if she could she would do what she must to make them happy again; “My name is Eclipse Soulstorm, and you are welcome to join me and have some of my meal.” Another tradition she could not rid herself of from Ichika, sharing a fire and making a friend. To her old pack it was a custom that guests needed to eat and drink in order for them to feel safe because it meant no harm could be done to them unless they intended to kill. Eclipse kept with that tradition even though some of the wolves didn’t understand what it meant but many of them took this was a good grace and usually accepted.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
262 // Not a problem at all. You know that. Smile

The last thing Ink expected to see when he looked up was a bow being lowered towards his face, no arrow attached- sort of. At first, he wanted to piddle himself, sure he'd been caught by some sort of maniac psycho killer... and then she made good of herself and turned out to be a pretty decent lady after all. She even helped to stand him up. How nice. How... terrifyingly nice.

The dual-toned boy didn't move as she spoke, long ears flicking to catch each sound and word. Her first comment made him laugh, a short, sarcastic sound. "You'd figure, right?" He looked back behind him at the roots and silently cursed them. His odd gaze fell back on the lady as she introduced herself. Eclipse Soulstorm. A very interesting and lovely name, not that he had the balls to say it out loud. He smiled, a charming expression, at her offer. "Eclipse... Thank you. I'd... love some." The moment his eyes settled on the food in question, he could feel the hunger gnawing at him savagely.

He'd wait for her to move, an invitation, before moving to sit. As he did, he'd introduce himself. "My name's Ink. Ink Trovato. As you could probably tell, I'm the new kid in town." Er, province. Same deal. "...are you from a pack around here?" Curiousity managed to creep past his own defenses and actually make him... talkative. She was the first person he'd actually met in this place that hadn't tried to kill, maim, rape or bribe him. A good change.

<style type="text/css">
.blue {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#0f0e2d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RsVDS.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Bujaa.png);
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; padding: 100px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e90b3; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
WC: 381 OOC: Ugh this sucks i sowwy Sad

She gave him a soft smile at his laugh and comment and shrugged a little, she wasn’t going to truly judge him for tripping over roots, there were many more things she could stay, but it seemed to lighten the mood especially since she could have put an arrow through his head without a thought. She settled back down and focused on the food for a second before turning her attention to the man; “It’s best to keep a careful eye out in the forest, it has many more dangers than the roots.” she smiled and nodded as he sat and introduced himself.

She looked back at the fire a small smile playing on her lips, she couldn’t remember being new to this place because she didn’t remember the first few months of her life and she was born in Dahlia, which was right next to the forest and in the area in general, her eyes went back to Ink and nodded; “I am sure you will fit in soon enough, It is a pleasure to meet you.” She said then pulled the food from the fire, it was very tender and not entirely cooked all the way but being a wolf that mattered little to her, she liked a crispy outside and a raw inside it just made it taste all the better, she tore up some of the animal, keeping only a few choicy parts for herself, gave the rest of the cooked animal to him. There was more meat than what she pulled off, she figured he’d need it, especially if he blundered through the wood and scared all the animals away with how loud he was being; “Yes I am a part of Cercatori d’ Arte, it’s about over there.” she pointed in the general direction of her pack and pulled some of the food into her mouth and chewed, then looked him over. “So.... are you from a real city or something? I ran into someone else who seemed out of place too.” She asked curiously. The other man hadn’t told her much about his past, it was only a conversation grabber at least she could make a friend soon enough, she couldn’t have enough of those.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
304 // Oi. Your posts are fine, lady. Tongue

At her reassurance, he smiled sheepishly. It was true that he hadn't quite figured out the in's and out's of this place yet, so every little bit of confidence helped. When she handed him a share of the meal, he murmured a polite 'thank you' and started eating, not at all minding the raw insides. "Ah, this is delicious!" His voice was a bit of a whine saying it, enjoying the first real food he'd had in days.

The answer to his question came a moment later. She spoke of Cercatori d'Arte, the name of her pack- a pack stationed just nearby. Probably not nomads, if she could point them out so easily. Cool. He paused his meal to answer her. "Oh, ah... actually, I'm not from any one place." He smiled at the thought of traveling with his family, back before he'd left. "My family and I were merchants and gypsies. We traveled from place to place, selling our wares and performing for crowds. They were heading North when I left them, to the snow lands. Apparently there's another band up there looking for an exchange or something." He shrugged, not really caring either way. His mother was dead, so he had no more reason to travel with the caravan. He had much more important things to be doing.

"I... actually came East to find information on my father. I never knew him, but now that my mom's... gone, I wanted to know more about him. Maybe even track him down." He shrugged. Judging by this girl's age, he doubted she'd have known him. Her pack was never mentioned in any of the stories he'd heard from his mother, either- so for now, he'd resist asking more than just, "I don't think you'd know him. His name was Matteo. Matteo Trovato."

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
WC: 317 OOC:

As he explained where he was from she became intrigued. Her ears perked in attention, and she picked at her food, barely eating it as she imagined what his life must have been. It sounded like quite the adventure. She didn’t know anything about them so she couldn’t give him any help on what was up north or not. His explanation of why he was up her made her stop eating entirely her nausea coming back full blown as she saw the near image of herself looking for her own father. She looked down.

“I learned from my own experience it’s not always good to walk down paths you don’t know.” She said sourly. Her situation was different than his but when her father disappeared she went looking for him, and even when he was gone she was abandoned by her mother as well at a very young age, so she ran still telling herself she was looking for her dad, in which she found out much later that he was dead. She shook her head when he spoke hisf father’s name; “I am sorry, you are right I do not know him. I hope your outcome is well though. There are some things you may find out you never want to.” Like she had with both her lines, one a maniac type pack of imbreds, and the other... well her grandfather was the murderers of all murderers. She closed her eyes but refused to speak of that at all. She was getting use to the idea, but it didn’t mean she liked it. She was not going to turn out like any of them. She would break free and not let the blood flow in another body. No matter how much she wanted a child in the future, she did not want to let her own bad blood to continue.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]