Homecoming
Desired Profession Path: Tsulvwisdanehi
Spirit Guide (if age allows): Otter, Awenasa, Female
A short history of your character's time in the Tribe: She traveled with her father back to the Great Tribe and lived there with him learning how to train with horses, and harvest, as well as use of a bow and arrow.
NPC's: Black thoroughbred horse (Mare) with flaxen mane and a star on top of her head

WC: 356

It took her many weeks, but she found herself right on track. The Great Tribe was further than she thought, but she was good at directions so she knew she was where she was suppose to be. Mirage was walking a steady pace as they moved slowly through the forest. The mare was by far an easy horse to take care of, she was a beauty too and the pick of the herd. Saqui aquired her as a wild horse when she was only six months old. She was black as any horse could be but her mane, the flaxen color of it, that seemed to compliment her made her something special in Saqui’s heart. It took nearly next to nothing to break the horse, but she was not nice to all. She would only let her father and her brother near her and the rest were nothing to her. Saqui kept that in mind and kept her away from anyone even the stables unless the rains came.

It took them only a short while to get to the borders, the fenced area and her eyes looked across the threshold. Her birth place. She left for it, knowing it was still there and she missed it well what it was before that Maska man took it over. She barely remembered it but she remembered the fear her parents had, and even remembered her mother, whom she looked a little like, except for the shorter hair and the blue eyes. The thought came to her when she was told her mother was never coming back and she fought even now to keep a straight, somber face.

Dismounting from the horse she composed herself, pushing any memory she had to the back of her mind and gave a loud sing song voice to cover Aniwaya, requesting someone to join her at the borders. She then sat on her knees and waited, putting a hand on one of the horses flanks to push the mare away. She accepted the push and calmly moved to the side to give the young woman some room.
[html]
[/html]The call roused Claudius from a deep, conscious slumber. He was concentrating so hard on his carving that it took him a few moments to realize what was going on. At first, it didn’t register, but after a few more times of digging his knife into the wood, he realized what had just happened. Slowly and almost lethargically, he placed his knife and piece of wood on a small dirt ledge. It was made of packed dirt and was quite convenient for when he was carving. He moved to stand up, but then thought better of it, since traveling to the borders would be quicker if he was in his four-legged form. Instead of shifting to his most base, animalistic form, he instead stopped halfway in his Secui form. He wasn’t in any rush, but he wanted to see who it was at their gates.

As he emerged from his den, he returned the howl with one of his own to inform the other canine—whomever they were—that he would be along shortly.

He arrived to see a brown and black wolf standing beside a pure black horse. He immediately noticed that the black horse had an unusually-coloured mane. Most of the black horses he’d seen had a black mane to complement their black body. This didn’t allay his fear, but it did take the edge off. At least he had something to think about for when he began to worry.

“Huh-huh-hello,” he began. He took a long, deep breath and then introduced himself: “I-I a-am Cuh-cuh-Claudius… Asto-on, the Re-epresenta-a-ative. Why-y do you ca-all for me?” He tried to give the wolf, a young girl, a small smile. He hoped that he did not seem too ridiculous, staring up at the two-legged wolf and her horse, all the while trying to maintain his authority in his almost-tall Secui form.[html]
[/html]
WC: 256 OOC: Ohhhhh let the fun begin!

She heard the howl that returned hers and she gave a soft smile to herself before she let the somber look back on her face. She did not have to wait as a secui man came trotting to the edge of his territory. He was white with spots of very light brown, an attractive look, though she could see some kind of worry in him when he looked over at Mirage. Saqui smiled as the black horse laid her ears back and snorted, shaking her head. The girl got up and patted the mare’s flank. She put her hands together as he stuttered out his introduction and she spoke softly; “My name is Saqui Utina, I have come from the great tribe to the home of my birth in hopes to make a home here myself.” She said standing straight again as she finished speaking.

Her eyes didn’t leave him, not sure if he would accept her but did not see why he shouldn’t. Awenasa came forth from under the horses hooves, looking at the man, her greyish form. She tended to change between transparent to a grey or even a brown, depending on her mood. The grey usually meant she was intrigued, or happy, or axious or nervous, it was pretty hard to tell with a spirit guide. She turned to Saqui and nodded to the young wolf and the otter sat to wait for the man's reaction and Saqui stood straight in the same anticipation.
WHEE. Big Grin In your reply, feel free to have Saqui notice Gerenuk if you want Wink
[html]
[/html]The girl was forthcoming: after he greeted her, she revealed that she was an Utina (Nayati and Liliana’s daughter, perhaps?) and then quickly went on to explain that she was from the Great Tribe and had returned to her home. Claudius’ eyes widened only marginally as he realized that it meant she was indeed their child. And so the prodigal daughter returned.

He hadn’t realized that this was what she would look like. Throughout the war, the children had been more of a symbol than actual wolves, so he couldn’t remember if he recognized her. He was ashamed to think that he too had seen her as a symbol of Maska’s arrogance and not a living, breathing creature.

He noticed a small, white spirit guide poking its head out from under the horse. He tilted his head, watching the sleek animal as it nodded to Saqui. Claudius wondered what Gerenuk would think of this small creature. Even though Gerenuk was an herbivore, he thought that his long-legged friend would very much enjoy pretending to stomp on it. This brought a smile to his face: Gerenuk really was one strange and crazy spirit guide.

“Yuh-you a-a-are Na-a-aya-a-a-ti a-and… Li-li-i-i-i-ana’s… da-ha-a-a-aughter, then?” he asked. “I a-a-ask buh-becau-ause I nuh-knew yuh-your… mother,” he explained.[html]
[/html]
WC:343

Saqui wasn’t sure how to take his reaction to her, though there ws a slight distraction in the whole of things as she saw movement behind him. She raised her eyebrows when she saw the man’s spirit guide. It wasn’t one that was normally seen, as though it were a gazelle’s neck was pulled as though it was some kind of Giraffe. Awenasa hurried over to Saqui to comfort the young girl and her mouth twitched to a smile a little before her attention went back to Claudius when he spoke. She smiled at first, until he mentioned he knew her mother. Her face grew somber. She was old enough to remember the woman who was her mother and it still pained her to see her father so distant after that until they got to the great tribe.

She nodded; “Yes they are my parents. My father still lives with my brother in the great tribe.” She said, a small smile appearing. Kuruk was a great brother and she loved her father dearly, but she also wanted to be on her own and start her own life in their sister pack, where she was born. Just like her father she wasn’t one of many words, but her body language did tell much when she wanted it to, and as she was still young, didn’t want it to, so her uncomfortable, sad feeling was showing in the way of her body. She corrected herself by putting a hand on Mirage’s shoulder again, as though her spirit and indiference would leak out into Saqui; “I have come to make a life here, I do not know if you need anymore but I am an animal care taker, and hunter, and I can also work the harvest.” Obviously she was trying her best to change the subject. She wondered how many would do this to her, her parents were not something special, not compared to those in the great tribe, but how much influence did they have in the sister tribe?

[html]
[/html]The mention of her mother immediately made her frown and Claudius instantly regretted mentioning it. Since Eclipse’s visit, he had thought more about Liliana than he had in a long time. Every so often, he’d see a horse and think of how she’d loved them or he’d recall the time she had tried to greet his sister at the borders. He didn’t think of her often, but it was still more frequent than he used to.

He saw Saqui’s spirit guide move closer to her and he realized that he must have upset her if her spirit guide picked up on it. He felt ashamed for mentioning it, since normally he was a lot more selective with his words. He knew that if someone said something like this to him, he would have had the same reaction. He was just so excited to see that she was doing well and was alive: he had worried that Nayati and his children had perished at some point.

“I-I’m suh-sorry fuh-for mention-i-i-ing it,” he replied, his eyes downcast. He looked back up at her to see her place her hand on her horse’s shoulder. It looked like a gesture intended to comfort her. Guilt swept through Claudius’ heart like violent waves. “I-I’m gla-a-a-ad tha-a-at they a-are wuh-well. O-of cuh-course yuh-you a-a-are wuh-welcome he-e-e-e-re. Wuh-we ha-a-ave tuh-two fa-a-armers now, tuh-two … ca-a-aring fuh-for o-our ho-o-rses, and tuh-two hu-u-unters… so… yuh-you ma-a-ay ta-a-ake whiche-e-e-ever… rank… yuh-you wish. Yuh-you ca-a-an also… take… on a co-ra-a-ank for your… additiona-a-a-al sku-hu-hills if yuh-you wish.” Since they already had their ranks filled with a mix of beginning and skilled professions, he did not see any reason to suggest one rank to her over another. Since she was from the Great Tribe, he knew that she would possess many of the skills they needed and since she had talents in many areas, he would like to see her assume a co-rank. At the moment, only he and Io possessed co-ranks, so it would do well to have others assume more responsibilities and contribute to a peaceful and well-functioning tribe.[html]
[/html]

Saqui could see the guilt in his face and she didn’t like it, it wasn’t his fault, he was probably happy to hear about someone who he knew long ago, then it made her wonder, did he know? She wouldn’t push the subject, it made for fad company and she just smiled to reassure him she forgave his words and he spoke on. It was something, she could pick whichever she wanted and she nodded.

“I know harvest season is up soon, and three hands are better than two, I would love to join the Tsulvwisdanehi ranks. I will see what I can do about a co rank soon, I would like to settle down first of course. If you accept me would you show me around a bit?” She said, her journey had been long and she was tired but she was excited as well, she didn’t want to sound impatient or impertinent, but she was to the point. What sorts of things did they have, how much was it like the great tribe. Already she could tell there were less wolves here than there but wasn’t that why she was here? The otter kept her presence to Saqui now and disappeared from the other’s eyes content that she had done her own part. Saqui could tell the man was a bit sensitive to other’s feelings and he was so shy, it made her wish she could help, she wouldn’t bite.
[html]
[/html]Claudius inclined his head solemnly as she considered his apology. He did not want to say any more to set her off and he was worried that he had already pushed too much. But she was was a much better conversationalist than he, for she had already begun to move onto matters of business. He nodded in agreement when she pointed out that, with the harvest upon them, they would be in need of more help. It was true: they had called upon their neighbouring packs and Hadley had been one to assist them. Claudius was glad for the other male's help and wished that he would join AniWaya. Of those he had met, he felt a strong kinship to Hadley, perhaps because of their obvious personality characteristics.

"Yuh-you're ruh-right; wuh-we wi-i-ill nee-eed the he-e-e-elp of an... exp-puh-perienced... tribes...puhperson...." He nodded, smiling. "Puh-please t-a-a-ake yuh-your time... suh-settli-ing... in... Buh-but I wuh-will gla-a-a-dly... show you... a-a-a-round..." He gestured with his left foreleg and then turned to move through a gap in the fence that was large enough to permit a horse and a wolf. "Muh-most luh-live in... hu-u-uts... i-in the ce-e-e-enter... yuh-you ca-a-a-an br-i-ing your huh-horse... to the sta-a-a-ables... first... if yuh-you wi-ish." [html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 265 OOC: i will do better next post

Saqui smiled gently at the man. His statement was true and she nodded. She knew she could work the horses come time when the work needed to be picked up, it was all hard she knew and took the whole of the tribe. She knew it stayed around this long for a reason, though wolves were mostly carnivorous, their horses and what other animals needed eating as well.

“I would like that thank you, though I think Mirage would be better suited to me until I can get her settled in.” She looked over at the horse as they moved toward the opening in the fence; and led the horse carefully into the boundaries, feeling a sense of relief when she did; “She doesn’t take to others right away and isn’t too nice to the other wolves really.” The black horse gave a sharp whinny at this, an eye staring at Claudius. She snorted and nosed at Saqui’s arm, who pushed it away; “She won’t hurt you I’ll make sure of that.” Saqui said. Mirage had been a feisty horse when she was wild and still was, but took to Saqui quite well or she would still be in the herd, though who could pass up such a beauty, Saqui would never know; “Is it always so thick with trees?” She asked curiously looking up at the towering monsters that covered the sunlight, though they moved here and there letting the sun squint down as though it was playing a game of peek a boo.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Claudius nodded in understanding when Saqui explained that she would prefer to keep her horse -- Mirage, she called it -- close by rather than stabling it. It would be best if Mirage was comfortable in her new home before she was made to live with other horses especially if she didn’t take well to newcomers, either. Claudius did not know much about horses, but he always thought that it would be best to consider what he would like or prefer to do when considering how to treat them--even if this did not really apply to what they ate. He was just glad that he would not have to bring her to see more horses. One was certainly enough for him.

Claudius nodded in relief when Saqui said that she would make sure Mirage did not hurt him. He really was not fond of these hulking beasts. Moose, caribou, and deer had never scared him, but there was just something about horses that made him feel very uncomfortable. Perhaps it was how the line was blurred between friend and prey.

When Saqui asked about the trees, he replied: “yes,” and then added: “this yuh-used to buh-be... only for a-a-animals... I think... the smuh-hells are muh-much stronger here. O-other pa-a-arts... have muh-more hu-human homes... this ha-a-as none. Thuh-they did-d nuh-not cut... down... any... trees... suh-so... I think... that is wuh-why.” He was careful to mind his own step while keeping an eye on Saqui and Mirage. Since Saqui was so enraptured with the large trees, he thought it best to watch out for himself in case she forgot to keep on eye on Mirage.[html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 232/ OOC: perhaps we can end here and have another one? She won't be so awkward then hahaha

Saqui’s ears listened to the stutter of the man, which had dawned on her early on was how he talked all the time, but she did her best not to ask him to repeat himself, but eventually she would have to and it seemed now was the time; “I’m sorry I didn’t get that first bit... you are saying only animals? Aren’t we all animals?” She was mighty confused, she knew very little about humans but they were apparently animals as well from the definition she got from her teacher and her father and being alive in general. She of course only learned that some of the things that were around were made by the lost things and all she had to go by, like any luperci... were pictures.

She was at least keeping an eye on the horse, though it seemed she wasn’t but she knew when her horse was irritated, the only thing the mare did outside of walking was making a few snorting sounds letting Saqui know she was being ignored and at those times the young woman would just pat the horses’ shoulder; “It is beautiful though, I do have to say that.” she said still following Claudius at loss for words at the moment, there was so much she wanted to ask and yet none of the questions seemed relevant anymore.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Sounds good! Big Grin And yes, another thread would be lovely! c:
[html]
[/html]Claudius frowned when she asked him to repeat himself. He felt bad that he had let his stutter get the best of him and he wished that it wasn't so hard to speak. He took a few deep breaths in an attempt to steady himself, since he knew that if he thought about not stuttering, then it would inevitably get worse.

"Wuh-well, yuh-yuh-yes, I guh-guess. I a-a-alwa-a-ays thuh-thought that... humans wuh-were... suh-some... kind of... di-i-ifferent... guh-group. Thuh-they wuh-weren't... here... in any cuh-case," he explained sheepishly. He wasn't sure if humans could be animals: after all, they didn't do anything that seemed very animal-like. They built strange, tall buildings and had all sorts of broken possessions. He wasn't really sure what to think of them.

Claudius glanced over at Mirage when he heard her snort. He glanced over at Saqui in time to see her reassure the horse with a calm pat. He was glad that Saqui knew how to keep her calm; otherwise, he would have been far more worried.

He tried to take a few more deep breaths so that he could explain more about the tribe as they walked. He wouldn't be a very good Representative if he couldn't even speak after all. When Saqui said that the area was beautiful, he found himself blushing on behalf of it. Yes, it was gorgeous and he was thankful every day that AniWaya was his home. This brought a smile to his face and he knew that he would be all right with Saqui and Mirage: he just had to draw on the strength of the tribe.[html]
[/html]