to russia and back again
[html]
Word Count :: 326

It was only a matter of time until Thorn Russo sought out a new permanent home. Sleeping wherever he wanted in the neutral lands was nice but it would also be nice to have other creatures around him that shared his viewpoint. He had learned a little about the other packs and learned a little more from the passing gossip in snatches from other creatures. It had been the scents of a brewery that led the Russian toward the borders, and the accompanying scents of Luperci life that affirmed the decision in his mind. His pockets contained the small amount of trinkets he had scavenged and he hoped to head back the way he had come through Amherst to gather even more. He still wanted to get an apron after all.

Removing his fedora and tying back most his mane, he replaced the well-worm black hat and made his way to a position near the borders. Staying on the neutral side he reflexively adjusted his kilt, took a swig of his flask and wondered what it was like to be accepted into a pack as a newcomer. He had been born into the Sobirat'sya pack and then helped to found Syemv, he didn't need to wait for acceptance from a pack leader. This was a learning experience though, it was something else he could check off his bucket list and perhaps it would give him a new take on the pack mentality. He had seen strangers being accepted into his family clan and they seemed to have such respect for the pack after that. They were part of a group. They were chosen above others to share their experiences and talents for the good of everyone. This would be very intriguing regardless of the outcome.

Taking a small scrap of paper he had found in Halifax and a tiny nub of a pencil, he stood waiting by the borders, scribbling down his thoughts for later reflection.

Photo courtesy of epSos.de

<style>
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#fbecd4; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 {background-color:#8d451c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... hornbg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
28.07.12 . 2pm . borders . optime form
heeey sweety, thanks for wanting to join Vinátta!

He didn't really know how to explain the whirlwind that was his life. Every time things started to settle down, another boulder came smashing into it. It was sometimes difficult to ascertain when it was a good thing and when it was bad. In this instance however, it was most definitely a good thing. The barking, yipping call had alerted him to her presence, but he hadn't quite believed it until he'd arrived at the borders yesterday to see the small, grey framed woman that Saul had pretty much adopted a good year and a half ago. What had been the most shocking had been the appearance of his brother- once again covered in cuts and bruises. He'd spotted injuries on Wretch as well and wondered how both of them managed to injure themselves so much. It was a common occurrance between the two of them.

After introducing Wretch and Gideon to Lilin, they'd settled in to rest and Saul hadn't known what to do. It was clear he needed to sit down with his brother and adopted daughter at some point soon, to explain about everything in his own life and find out what was going on in theirs. Like why they were here, and why Gideon was once again walking crippled. Dawn had risen and after cuddling into Lilin one final time, Saul had rolled out of bed and made for the lake. He couldn't stay in bed, no matter how he wished to have lie ins with Lilin. It was too ingrained in him to be up and early. He often found he got things done in these hours, when everyone was still waking. After taking a few chunks of wood and his carving knife, Saul had set out towards the borders.

Noon passed and he was more than happy, whittling away and walking the lines of his borders. The crisscrossed scents were a comforting sign- Ezra, Niernan, Bran, Fritz- they'd all been here in the past day or two. To know his borders were being watched carefully was a relief and Saul had paused for a moment to slice away the corner of another Frithr charm. The scratching on pen on paper caused him to look up and just a few feet away, partially concealed by one of Vinátta's ever present trees, was a white luperci. Saul gave a start, before slipping his knife away and pocketing the chunks of wood.

Good afternoon sir, these are the borders of Vinátta. I'm Saul Stormbringer, one of the leaders, is there anything I can help you with? He was polite, perhaps overly polite to someone loitering outside the borders. Still, he wasn't a rude male and he never had been, it wasn't as though he was going to start now.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
462+

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 324

Scribbling down words, Thorn easily drifted back to memories of home and memories of the creatures that had asked to join the pack to be part of the family. His words hastily scribbled onto the paper scrap echoed his thoughts and it was a while before he smelled another coming towards him and glanced up as he began to speak. The other male was taller than Thorn, who came in at a normal 6'10", and was rather impressive. There was something about his colouring and his large stature that reminded him of Salvaged Eternity and with a little sigh he wondered if the rumours were true. If the she-yote had killed the demon and rid the world of his lime-green eyes. Attention back to the present Russian… and Thorn gave Saul another sideways glance. If things were different and the scent of another wasn't mingled with his fur Thorn might even ask him whether he considered playing for both teams if he didn't already. But strangely enough this wasn't the best time to consider such things and instead to focus on proper respect.

There were days when he woke that he felt every day of his age. His joints hurt a little at times but otherwise the "medicinal herbs" he consumed seemed to dull the pain a little bit. This time however his age wasn't so apparent when he bent to one knee and removed his cap. Setting his green gaze downward he curled his tail around his haunches and rested his hands on his knee. It was probably a little extreme but he had always been taught that alphas were like kings and kings needed proper respect. "My name is Thorn Russo, I come to these lands from Russia, my homeland many years ago. I return there to raise family, now I seek family that will take me in to share my experience and skills. Vinátta sound and smell like that pack."

<style>
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#fbecd4; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 {background-color:#8d451c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... hornbg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
hehe, Thorn is cuuuuute Smile also, sorry for the rubbish post!

As Saul approached, he got the distinct feeling that the pale male was looking at him. And not just in the 'curious to see who comes to the borders' or 'checking out the opposition'. There was an intensity to the pale canine's gaze that made Saul shift uncomfortably. Still, as quickly as the feeling had washed over him, Saul felt it wash away as the male dropped to his knees and removed the cap. Surprise washed over the Virding's face- he didn't think he'd ever had anyone on their knees before him. Brows furrowed for a moment, before words came and Saul picked up on the strong Russian accent and the broken English. Thorn's family name caught his attention, but the Stormbringer couldn't for the life of him place where he knew 'Russo' from.

Before Saul was able to ask any questions from the male, he'd been provided with information. Thorn was from Russia, evident in the lilting accent. Of course, he had given a brief history, but Saul wondered what had driven him from his home and family in Russia over the seas to Nova Scotia. With the slightest tilt of his head, Saul voiced this question. It must have been incredibly difficult to leave ones family behind... is there a reason for this? Saul asked, his tone remaining polite. It was his job to make sure that he did not allow anyone dangerous into his pack and therefore he would ask as many questions as he liked to get to the bottom of any unturned stones. Green eyes glanced down at the man still on his knees, wishing there were a polite way of asking him to stand up and relax. He thought it might not go in his favour though and remained where he was, waiting for an answer.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
303+

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 281 Not as crappy as this one. Poor Thorn is pitiful and thinks Saul is cuuuute. Smile

Thorn set his cap on his knee and shifted his weight slightly, exhaling slowly as his body settled into a more comfortable posture. Thankfully he hadn't partaken of the weeds that helped clear his head, they often made him fidgety and right now fidgety was the last thing he wanted. When Saul asked his question Thorn's lips pursed and he let out a sigh. It had been both the hardest thing in the world and an easy choice to make. His children were grown up and off attempting to make families of their own and he had memories here that he didn't have in Russia. Was that a good enough reason for the aging Luperci to pack everything up and come back to North America? In his mind it was and hadn't his brother done something very similar? His scent, although very faded and decayed, had been in the motel. That was enough to assure him that his younger brother was a smarter creature than he.

Smiling, the Russian pirate lifted his head slightly, staring past the leader towards a world he wanted to enter. Look for your goal and follow the path. "The truth, sir, my children have grown. They have family now. I have best times of life here with brother, Rurik Russo." The white and black wolf paused there hoping the name would ring a bell before continuing, "I am Russian, proud Russian, but I want to help family Vinátta if they don't mind old me." He knew the questions the scouts asked in Russia, he just hoped it wasn't overstepping. He didn't think he had it in him to find another pack and do this again.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<33

Green eyes caught the subtle shift in posture and once again considered asking the man to stand. It was difficult to show sufficient submission in their optime forms- where on four legs it was easy to crouch, duck ones head and make sure one was below the more dominant canine. However, the optime form was far more difficult to obtain this level of clearly displayed submission. It seemed the pale male was doing a good job at it though and Saul appreciated the effort on his part. He saw the soft purse of Thorn's lips and a rough sigh escaped them. He understood it could be difficult to bring up painful memories, but it was a necessary question. Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as the man's accented words came once more.

Saul gave a small shake of his head when the name of his brother was given- that wasn't the name he recognised. A soft smile covered Saul's lips at the males latter words- it was all anyone ever really want, a family, a pack to protect and live in. He believed Thorn to be good of heart and he knew he would be accepting the Russian into their ranks shortly. Vinátta will be fortunate to have you. He murmured in reassurance, knowing that it was nerve wracking being on the other side of the line. You seem to have a lot of experience... but what skills can you offer us that would benefit us? He asked, wondering what the male could offer them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
254+

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 328 All Thorn's skills are entertainment related, didn't realize until now. He's a profession partier.

"Fortunate to have you." Those words rang like clear church bells from a cathedral. It was an excellent sign that soon he could get up and wonder through these beautiful smelling pack lands. "I am glad." As soon as it seemed like the other wolves knew him he was going to find that brewery. The last he wanted is for them to think he only came here to imbibe. That was just one of many reasons. His legs didn't feel as sore as he thought they would and he finally completely shifted his weight onto his heels and smoothed out his fedora on his knee. Salt and pepper tail wagging quietly behind him he took in a big breath and then slowly, quietly exhaled. He couldn't help but wonder what Rurik would say to all of this, then again if Rurik was here then he surely wouldn't have to ask for acceptance into a pack, his brother would just assist him.

What skills could he offer? Well his age was a very good start but at the same time Thorn felt a trickle of worry start at his brain and trickle like ice water down his spine. Thankfully he had other skills, a skill set that could assist any pack. "I am excellent cook and make good ale," Thorn proudly stated, he really missed wearing an apron and wondered, as only Thorn could, whether it would go with his current kilt. "I know herbs and spices to make all food taste good. I can start cooking fire and very good scavenger for things Vinátta will need. Good with pups and good with, what is the name… happy plants, that burn into calming smoke." The older Russo wasn't one hundred percent sure if his drug use would be looked down upon but he hoped he said it in the kindest way. He added, just to clarify, "if these plants are allowed. I know rules are rules." There that should cover his butt.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
allllmost there! one post each after this and we're finished!

The Russian's response was simple, but it rung profound in the Stormbringers ears. All at once, he felt a wave of sympathy for the male, still on his knees. From Saul's perspective, here was an ageing male who no longer felt welcome in his own lands. His family had grown up, pursued their own dreams and left him behind. A soft, almost sad smile that was more frown than anything tugged at his lips, before his spirits picked up once more. Vinátta would be able to offer the Russian a home- and there was no way that they were all going to outgrow him and leave him behind.

Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as he caught the first offering of the males skills. Eyebrows shot up and Saul felt a grin wash over his lips. Miskunn had often mentioned the Stormbringers love of ale and on an exploration of Vinátta's land, an old abandoned brewery had revealed itself. It was still sitting there, covered in vines and not working. But perhaps, with someone who was skilled at brewing ale, they would be able to put some effort into getting this up and running. We have need of someone with brewing skills- Vinátta has an old abandoned brewery that we could try and restore. I'll come and find you a little later on, perhaps we could discuss this? Saul asked, before concentrating on the rest of the males words.

There was no doubt the man was a useful asset and Saul found himself nodding as Thorn seemed to tick off his attributes. His last words caused Saul to pause however, before a simple shrug lifted his shoulders. When he and Lilin had first created Vinátta, they'd both said that they didn't want to be strict. I have no problem with them... please, use them if you will to your own devices, but it would be appreciated if you weren't to influence others. His thoughts were directly with their Aeska and the youth of the pack, who were easily led. Would you mind following me to Jordheim? Saul asked, stepping back and away from the border with a sweep of his arm to indicate Thorn should follow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
365+

[/html]
Starting post count: 13 // 20 IC posts required for a promo to Hollr rank from here on. <3 - Jess[html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 345 That was a fun thread!

Black tipped ears twitched and he relaxed his posture a tiny bit more. This was going quite well! Thorn's tail wagged a little quicker and he smoothed out his fedora for the hundredth time. Saul's news of a brewery confirmed the traces of a scent that he had followed to these borders. He was anxious to see the brewery proper, perhaps he could meet others that could aid in the repair of the building or even get them to apprentice under his skills. The last thing they would want would be the old Luperci dying before he had a chance to pass the recipe down. He had learned the brewing techniques from an uncle and now, finally he would be able to show others how to brew a good pint. The Russian couldn't help but imagine great feasts, with deer roasting over fires and wooden cups of good, strong ale. This is what he hoped to bring to Vinátta, good times. "Yes. Good idea. Perhaps we involve more of pack in brewery things, then have feast when beer is bottled. Just a thought."

The one worry, his love of Mary Jane, was easily resolved with a shrug of the leader's shoulders and a cautionary rule. Thorn listened carefully and nodded quickly, it was never his intention to encourage anyone who did not already know of the stuff. Surely Saul didn't think he would intoxicate the puppies? That would be foolish and unnecessary, they would most likely find out about it on their own when they were older and exploring the ruins. "I keep that to myself. I cause no worries." It was then that Saul said the words that Thorn hadn't realized he had longed to hear, Would you mind following me to Jordheim? A smile plastered itself onto Thorn's muzzle and he stood, immediately placing his fedora on his head and smoothing out the slightly wrinkled kilt. "Da. Would like to very much." This was his new home. As he walked his tried to quietly stretch his legs, maybe he was getting older.

<style>
[/html]