palms cupped like shovels
[html]

Goodness this post sucks, but here. <3 +409

Ever since the fight with his dark brother, Skoll had shirked his duties and neglected other members of the Court. He moped more than he tried to solve the problem, and he was often short-tempered and sullen when someone tried to pull him out of his shell. Normally outgoing and vibrant, he felt more like an eclipsed sun than the son of the King lately, and within him brewed a new Skoll, a worse Skoll, that had yet to be vanquished by the light still very much inside of him. It was only a matter of time before he got his head back on straight but, until then, it was a daily struggle.

Fortunately, good had triumphed over bad today. He wasn’t so far removed from the grapevine that he hadn’t heard about Niro, one of the wolves he looked up to, getting injured. The details had escaped the young hybrid, but it sounded like the once magnificent hunter wasn’t able to walk very well anymore, and that pierced Skoll’s mood with a keen sadness and an overwhelming urge to help. What he really wanted to do was track down whoever would hurt the former Majordomo and tear them limb from limb, but short of that, he could just hunt for him.

Werewolf-formed and weary, the golden-cream Major walked toward the hotel. He looked anxiously from side to side as he went, but there was no one to reprimand him or snag a piece of his prize: a late-born fawn, limp and too-small in his arms. He adjusted the body awkwardly, trying to account for its spindly legs and stifle the feeling of nausea that rose when he thought of how he’d killed the little creature. Only the thought that it was too weak to survive, and that Niro needed its life, kept him from dumping it somewhere out of shame. As wild and aggressive as he’d been lately, Skoll was still not a killer by any means.

He managed to shoulder the door to the hotel open, scouting the halls by scent until he found the room where Niro was staying. He hesitated then, not sure if the man would be grateful or offended by his offer; maybe he had Marahute hunting for him and didn’t need pity from a pup. Scowling, Skoll at last rapped the wall to announce himself and squeezed into the room, depositing the fawn on the floor.
“Niro? I brought you some food.”

<style type="text/css">
.skollfoal {width:460px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U55r1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d6d6d7; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:20px 20px 260px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2b2a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.skollfoal b {color:#929296; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #d6d6d7; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skollfoal p {text-indent:30px; margin:0px; padding:3px 0px;}
.skollfoal p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 333 OOC: awww Skoll not much of a hunter right now? :O

Niro was getting cabin fever again. He hated staying inside, but it was nearly too much for the man to keep going up and down the stairs, why did they have him upstairs anyway? To keep him in his room? Like that would stop him. He was thinking about getting out of the room when he heard someone from outside and then the words of Skoll as he came in with a limp little body. Niro gave a smile to the young man and looked down at the deer. It seemed gangly and he could already tell that even though it was dead now it would not have lived long; “Oh thank you Skoll.” He tried to hold back the sadness that he could not feed himself, Amaranth and some of hte others provided him food as he healed and he felt like he was taking advantage of everyone even though he had every reason to lay about.

“It’s good to see you, and did you catch this fine young thing yourself? Look at tha fur, hmmm wouldn’t find fur like that much.” He said, thinking of skinning it, but then frowned and cursed himself; “I suppose you know how to skin?” He asked, it would be a horrible mess in here if he did start skinning it now and it would take him some time to get downstairs alone... the thought was daunting as he had a few dizzy spells when accidently banging his shoulder a few times, he nearly fainted once, against the stairs when he tried going down them with just his one good arm his bad ankle put over his good knee. His injuries prevented him from many things. He hoped Skoll would know how to do something, but if not Niro would probably have to just have to let such a fine pelt as this get wasted, which was not his idea of using all the animal to its needs.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Not too much of one right now, no. And he's being a moody teenager anyway so that makes it worse. xD

Skoll had been afraid of what he might find in the upstairs room, but all of those fears were allayed when the white wolf smiled at him. He seemed almost normal in spite of his sheared Mohawk and his legs, but he wasn’t the puddle of sadness that the boy half-expected. He smiled awkwardly in return, dipping his head as he accepted the gratitude half-heartedly. He should have done this a long time ago, but he was too busy storming through the territory like a beast to give a thought for his comrades. It ashamed him, but shame made him feel nauseous, and he had to shove it aside.

“Yeah, it wasn’t hard,” the wolfdog said with a shrug when the other asked about the fawn. He normally didn’t mind hunting after small animals, and he might have been okay with the kill at another time, but his recent behavior coupled with how pathetic the baby creature was had bothered him more than he’d like to admit. He flattened his ears awkwardly when the other spoke about the fur, and he reached down to touch the soft pelt with the pads of his fingers.

“Oh, no, I don’t,” he said, brushing his hair out of his face. “I mean—well, could you teach me? Talk me through it? I’m afraid I’d just do a terrible job, but I’d like to try if you want the pelt.” It had become obvious to him how little he really knew how to do, and only his bad mood was keeping him from jumping at the chance to learn with his usual enthusiasm.

<style type="text/css">
.skollfoal {width:460px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U55r1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d6d6d7; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:20px 20px 260px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2b2a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.skollfoal b {color:#929296; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #d6d6d7; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
</style>
[/html]
Niro requests skoll take down the deer and him so as to not make a mess (Unable to recover stinky reply)
[html]

Feel free to powerplay Skoll however you need to get them downstairs. :3

Niro scooted over to the edge of the bed then gave orders disguised as a request, asking Skoll to bring the fawn and the injured man downstairs. For a second the teenager balked at the task, but after a second he nodded stiffly. He supposed he needed to learn a new skill anyway, and helping him down the stairs was the least he could do for the huntsman. He just hoped he didn’t botch either job, not wanting the responsibility of an even more hurt Niro thrown onto his shoulders.

“Just—just give me a second,” the golden wolfdog said awkwardly, and he scooped the dead deer back up in his arms. He guessed the time spent taking it down would give Niro time to mentally prepare himself, something he’d likely need to face moving that much. He had a feeling it would hurt moving the hurt ankle, and more than anything he was afraid of seeing Niro betray that pain.

He tossed the fawn less than ceremoniously at the bottom of the stairs, hoping that the scent from his pelt would linger on it and deter any other courtiers from stealing the prize. That finished, he jogged up the stairs and went back to his brother-in-law, swallowing nervously.

“So how are we going to do this?” he asked, sounding rather unkingly as he positioned himself beside him. While not as towering as his father, Skoll was a large wolfdog and a bit taller than Niro, so he didn’t think he’d have a problem handling the weight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 245Let me know if changes need to be made.

Niro took the time to stretch out his limbs as the young man brought the deer downstairs and headed back up. Niro was in no way going to stumble around for the poor man. He took up the knife he used to skinn animals and soon he was on a foot leaning on Skoll for supposrt, he did what he could not to depend on the boy too much and soon they too were finally down the stairs and he directed Skoll to bring him onto the lawn of the grounds. That way whatever would bleed out would do so in the grass and not on the old human habitat.

“There now you could get that deer, I have my knife with me it should doo good for the cutting.” He said pointing to the deer, he was sure it was salvage able, and it was good for practice, such soft fur would be missed but wasn’t needed for anything but decoration of things, they still went to some use at least. Niro let his bad foot spread out on the grass and waited for his young friend to bring down the prize. It would be nice doing something different for a change and he wondered if he could get some wood in he could start carving again, that was a question for later though, now he was going to teach Skoll about leather working and see if he liked it.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]