Expecting the unexpected
[html]

The past two months seemed almost as if they had flow away. One moment, Hotaru had been mateless with only birds to sped her lonely days with. Although she interacted with the pack a lot and worked hard to be an integrated part in the family, there was something to be said about having a mate. Levent had thrown a wrench into her life, and Hotaru couldn't help but be thankful for his presence. He had brought her great happiness. The blind female's house had been puppy-proofed and a nursery was well on its way to being completed. It was a time of pure joy for the pregnant female.

Yet, the past few days had slowed to an unbearable crawl. Her ankles, breasts, and back hurt as she walked, the added weight just terrible. If there was ever a next time, Hotaru would remain in her secui form for pregnancy. The puppies inside her had become more active and their kicks could force their mother to the ground and make her see stars inside of her blackened world. Plus, the added weight was just cumbersome. The grey wolf was tired of being pregnant and was feeling incredibly impatient. She wanted to hold her puppies in her arms, not carry them around inside of her. The birth of her puppies couldn't arrive any sooner.

Hotaru sat on the bench she had made several months ago, grateful for it's presence. The wood was almost cool and the shade provided by a looming tree kept the worst of the summer heat at bay. Hotaru's summer coat was thin and her languid position on the bench only accentuated her pregnant state. In the woodcarver's hands was a piece of scrap wood that she whittled away at. A lopsided pattern of celtic knots had been carved into the wood and as Hotaru examined her creation she frowned. Off days weren't rare, especially when the artist was blind. Even so, they were infuriating. Frustrated, Hotaru furiously attempted to fix her creation but her knife slipped and dug into the soft flesh of her thumb.

Cursing, Hotaru brought her injured thumb to her lips and cleaned the wound. The cut wasn't deep and would heal in a few days. But, it sure did hurt.

Table by Skye

<style>
.hotarugift3 b {color:#FFD56D;}
.hotarugift3 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift3 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#751700; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YwE1j.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#FF4614; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 346 OOC: She really is sick cause she's sick and I think this is what factors in to the puppy demise.

Eclipse was feeling off these days, she didn’t know what was wrong with her so she had laid herself up lately. The sickness lasted until today, why she was sick was beyond her, but it made her feel like she never had before, even there was no fever just the feeling that she ate something that was very very bad for her. Today was a different story, she was still nauseous, but there were pains in her abdomen, small and unobtrusive, but there, even her breasts felt like they hated her.

She forced herself to go out thinking perhaps it was because of her lack of exercise, but she had little energy for it. Her lethargy showed, but she forced herself to walk the whole of the town. It took her a while that was for sure, though she was proud enough to say she was not out of breath. That was one good thing, another was she hadn’t thrown any of her food up either. Perhaps she was getting better. She had a soft smile on her face as she started to pass near another house, but this one was occupied as its occupant was outside on a bench. She tilted her head when she saw the woman was full of pup and then even more intrigued when she saw that she was carving something. She saw other carvers before but never at work, she always saw their finished pieces, though there was something off about this woman. She came closer and the woman priced herself. Eclipse figured this was as good a time as any, figuring the woman had already seen her

“Hello miss, are you alright?” Eclipse felt slightly awkward as she moved closer. She was no doctor, but it seemed like a superficial cut. She was more interested in the fact she never met this woman before. Eclipse had been here for more than two months already. She didn’t smell new at all in fact she seemed like one of the more established members.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

The blind wolf was well aware of the approach of another. She heard the other wolf's soft steps and smelled her scent. Hotaru was only mildly interested in the approaching female. The wolf, although clearly a member of d'Arte, was a stranger to the Maven. Hotaru was familiar and on friendly terms with most of the members of the pack. The fact that she did not recognize the approaching wolf was a great stroke to her pride as a high ranking Artisan. To make things worse, the other female's scent was an unfortunate mixture of disease and pregnancy.

The strong taste of iron filled her mouth as she gingerly cleaned the shallow wound. Blind eyes looked at nothing while her ears perked forward when the other called out, asking if Hotaru was okay. The grey wolf gave one last lick, assuring that the wound was clean and the bleeding had mostly stopped. Rising her head, Hotaru turned so that she was sure that she was facing the other. "Yes, I'm quite alright thank you. Although, it seems as if I should be turning the question back towards you. Are YOU alright? Your health and current situation do not seem to go well together. Come, sit. I insist." Stretching her hand out, Hotaru gestured to a spot beside her.

Hotaru sat regally, turning back to her work and attempting to fix the lopsided design. Her hands moved even slower than usual to accommodate both her injury and to prevent another from happening. As she worked, the grey wolf said casually, "I do not believe we have met before, a failure on my part that I apologize for. What is your name, if I may ask?"

Table by Skye

<style>
.hotarugift3 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift3 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#751700; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YwE1j.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#FF4614; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 263 OOC:

When the woman turned her way Eclipse wasn’t met straight on as anyone owuld normally. The woman look as though she were staring down at her nose and at her cheek, was there something on it? She wondered as she rubbed her cheek to make sure she didn’t have anything on it. She sighed in relief with that, but it made her start questioning that there might be something more wrong with the woman... like how she was feeling the wood in her hand rather than looking at it... but the words the woman spoke distracted Eclipse even more, her... “My... my condition ma’am? I think it’s just a stomach bug, I have no fever so I should be back to normal in a few days.” She said blinking a little. She did as she was told watching the woman as she went back to work gingerly putting knife to wood.

“My name is Eclipse Soulstorm, and I have been neglecting myself, I do not think I have met everyone quite yet, there are so many and so much to do... if I may ask, what are you making?” She was oblivious to the blindness of the woman. She had an idea there WAS something off about her, but what, Eclipse didn’t know and she wasn’t prejudice on such things, the woman would be what she was no matter what Eclipse knew, so far the woman was very nice, letting her sit next to her and not showing any aggression, which was a plus on Eclipse’s part.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
Hotaru was used to other wolves not realizing she was blind. Most stumbled upon the issue halfway through their conversations, and one needed to have it spelled out for him. Hotaru had been told that her eyes don't reflect their disability, but she figured it would be obvious. Did other's just assume she had sight because of her confidence? Or was it because she could carve? The grey wolf wasn't born blind, so she could understand their confusion a little. However, having so many caught off guard became annoying, especially when they tried to test her.

The female's confusion made Hotaru's ear flick in slight disbelief. Did she not know the full extent of her "condition?" If that was the case then Hotaru didn't want to be the one to break the news. There was no tact to it and she didn't even know the wolf. Even so, keeping silent was annoying and very hard. "I see..." The blind female tried to distract herself with her carving.

Eclipse. The Maven committed her name and scent to memory, making sure she remembered the female she had wrongly ignored. "A pleasure to meet you Eclipse. My name is Hotaru, I'm the Maven of d'Arte. As for what I am making, it's nothing of consequence. Just a little practice is all." Hotaru's hands continued to work, attempting to fix the celtic knots. Shaving's of wood fell onto the pregnant female's belly, dropping to her lap, or onto the ground.

After a few more strokes, Hotaru couldn't take it. She wanted to ask, to know if the other was really oblivious of her pregnancy. If so, in her condition it would be dangerous for the pups, or so the pregnant female told herself to justify butting into Eclipses private business. "When do you expect to be due?"
[html]
WC: 202 OOC: Dense Eclipse is Dense!

Eclipse was almost entirely oblivious to the fact the woman was blind, in fact Eclipse didn’t know the word. No she thought there was something odd about the woman and the way she moved her body to compensate for her eyes, so she had a suspicion there was something wrong with her eyes. The woman gave up her name after she gave her own and Eclipse nodded and looked at the carving and now that it was much closer it looked amazing; “How do you do that? I mean I have seen some stuff like that in pictures, but to see it here and now... it really is beautiful.” She said, for something that was practice she did try her best. She saw the shavings go onto her belly and hadn’t missed it at the first sight but being so close it reminded of when she met Jace and repeated something that Razekiel had said to her. Jace redirected her, though it wasn’t too far off.

She got herself comfortable, feeling that the rest would do her a bit of good, but she knew that her nausea would come back full force soon enough. At the question Eclipse blinked and tried to thing, to be due? “Oh was there a meeting with the Alpha or something? Did I miss a message?” She asked confused trying to think if there was something she was suppose to do.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Hotaru's dexterous hands worked diligently to make the celtic knots come out beautifully. The first try had been rough. However, with the extra work, Hotaru was able to create a masterpiece at the level that she was once known for. Learning to carve blind had been a difficult task, one that was comprised of a lot of failures and heartaches. Before her injury, the female had been praised as a genius in carving. She had possessed a natural talent that had been nurtured since her first shift. For over a year she had been carving each and every day as war had threatened her peace and prosperity. After loosing her sight, Hotaru had been forced to start again from the beginning. Her hands had known what to do, but they had lacked the leadership of her sight.

It had taken a year for Hotaru to reclaim her skills as a master carver, and she still failed more often the before her injury. The year that she could have used to make her own style of carving and set herself as an individual from her master, had been spent relearning the basics. However, Hotaru felt that the time was worth it. She had learned to live with her disability and had managed to retain her carving skills. Thus, Eclipse's compliment made Hotaru extremely happy, even if she didn't show it physically. "Thank you, your compliments are appreciated. As for this, all it is, is practice. These are celtic knots, both deceptively easy and impossible hard. A single series of parallel and intertwining lines that contort themselves into a mystifying pattern." As the blind wolf spoke, she traced the lines, feeling the grooves and patterns to form an image in her head. Yes, it looked much better than before.

Hotaru was starting to become annoyed with the female. How could anyone be so dense. Honestly, a due date interpreted as missing a meeting. Hotaru sighed and placed her carving on the bench beside her. The best way to approach this was to simply stop beating around the bush. "My dear, you should be a little more aware of what is going on inside your body. You are in a very precarious position." Without even bothering to look at Eclipse she said, "You are pregnant."

Table by Skye

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 253 OOC: Eclipse is a dorrrk XD

Eclipse knew this was art. Some said her cooking was an art but she doubted her hands would ever work as deftly as Hotaru’s did as she watched the blind woman work through the wood with hands of experience. Eclipse envied the woman’s craftsmanship. She listened to the woman as she explained what she was doing... This was only practice? Eclipse wondered what her real things would be like. The Celtic stuff was very deceptive in more ways than easy and hard, they were beautiful in ways that Eclipse couldn’t describe. “How long did that take for you to learn?” She asked curiously.

Eclipse wasn’t so sure it was a meeting she missed, but how could she think about that and think meeting too? She cringed, of course she never expected “due” to be when’s the happy litter coming. So as Hotaru explained she started breathing quick short breaths, but she couldn’t say anything for many many minutes, her mouth opening and closing, trying to keep her composure, but inside she was screaming at herself, she let herself get pregnant!!! And she knew exactly whose it was. “I... I am...? How can you tell?” She asked, to her she still couldn’t smell that particular scent of her new horomones rushing through and out of her body, but it had been so gradual it was hard for the young woman to really tell what was going on and now that she thought about it she could smell it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Eclipse's questions started to take Hotaru to a place she would rather not go: her past. Her puppy-hood had been wonderful, a dream to experience. The tragedy of its loss only made the memories seem like a terrible irony. Everyone who had once been dear to her had been ripped from her hands, just as her vision had been stolen.

"It took me several months to learn how to do this. But... I had a good teacher." Her teacher, her uncle, her friend. "What about yourself? Are there any artistic mediums that you specialize in?" Most of the Artisan's specialized in something art related. Jace could sing, Tal was a poet, and Levent was a trader. However, Hotaru knew that there were a few individuals who took up the remaining jobs.

Eclipse's surprise was evident, and almost annoying. Her voice shook as she questioned Hotaru, but her tone sounded as if she knew exactly how the development came about. Well, it would be hard not to realize how one's pregnancy started. "Pregnant females smell a certain way. Although it's faint, you do carry that scent. Hence why you should be a little more careful with your health."

Table by Skye

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 307 OOC:

“ Well I guess the only really artistic thing I do is cook, that is as much as I can do.” She said sheepishly, after seeing the work Hotaru did she felt like her own medium was nothing to envy. “I hunt for the pack though and I help with the garden too.” Eclipse said smiling a little at the thought. She loved both things, and she didn’t want to feel like a complete useless part of the pack.

She felt like she got punched in the stomach with the news that Hotaru gave her. As of right now she wished it were true rather than the news that she was going to have puppies. Pregnant. She was just left stunned in between wanting to cry and wanting to run away, which was the best choice as of right now... but her being sick... “I didn’t mean for either, the sickness is going away, I’m feeling much better now.” She admitted which was true she was beginning to feel better, and if she were pregnant it wouldn’t hurt the puppies anymore would it? She didn’t know though, in fact she knew very little, she looked over at the other expectant mother and back up to her face; “What should I do... Jace told me about it... kind of but i was still a puppy. I can’t remember most of what she said.” Hotaru would obviously know, as she was pregnant and well along too. It made Eclipse wonder, was she a mother before this or was this her first time? Well whatever the case she seemed to be doing a good job and the thought of puppies growing inside her made her feel uncomfortable but she was not one for killing puppies who never asked to be born.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Cooking, and art that Hotaru had given up on a long time ago. Even before her eyesight was lost she hadn't been one for cooked meat or cooking in general. Her culinary skills were pathetic. With the loss of her vision, the blind wolf had completely given up on the idea of food preparation. She didn't even dare light a fire. "It is my opinion that cooking takes a great amount of skill to perform. I would love to taste on of your dishes sometime. Hunting and gardening are nothing to sneeze at either."

Almost of the things Eclipse could do were closed off to Hotaru. Sure she could hunt, but even that had taken her over a year to relearn. Cooking, gardening, and getting enough food to feed a pack were all things out of Hotaru's skill range. Hotaru liked to believe that her inability to see did not hinder her daily life, but that wasn't entirely true. Eclipse listing off her skills made the blind female realize just how much she was missing out on. Even so, the pain of that realizing wasn't as bad as Hotaru thought it would be. It hurt, but the ache was dull and quickly dissipated.

"I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. You will need your strength." Hotaru spoke as if she had the answers to everything, it was part of her disguise. She always presented herself as one who could not be defeated. However, in reality, Hotaru knew very little. So when Eclipse asked for advice, the female was stumped. "The only advice I can offer you is to stay healthy and follow your instincts." Well, it was what Hotaru was doing.

Table by Skye

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 261 OOC: Perhaps we can get this all wrapped up :3

She looked down and blushed trying to hide it from the blind woman. Apparently still oblivious to the womans’ handicap, though Eclipse wouldn’t treat the woman any different, well mostly different. Words didn’t come to her right away and even then she didn’t think they were really needed more to reassure herself than anything; “I suppose you are right, it did take me some time to learn how. I started out with mud pies when I was a pup. And I would be glad to make a dish for you sometime!” She said feeling brighter as the woman had given her many compliments. she knew that hunting was a great and needed skill as wolves were hunters since the dawn of time and she was good enough to hunt alone and kill a deer. Perhaps not the huge bucks by herself, but a good sized doe well enough.

The words of wisdom that came out of Hotaru’s mouth was both disappointing and slightly enlightening. It was true instinct would take over. She would just have to let things take their course. She nodded still wanting to scream with all her might. How stupid she had been and with a man she barely even knew. “I will keep that in mind thank you.” She said playing with her fingers now. The subject was so strange to her she didn’t know what else to say so she just kept quiet. It wasn’t like they needed to talk, she was happy for a helpful wolf and new companion.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]