[J] More Changes
[html]<style type="text/css">
.INKchanges {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#3e210c url(http://i.imgur.com/ecc4H.png) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.INKchanges .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em; text-align: justify;color:#b09c8b;}
.INKchanges .box {width:340px;height:320px;float:right;}
.INKchanges p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.INKchanges .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.INKchanges .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #b66647; margin:0 350px 5px auto;}
.INKchanges b {color:#b66647;font-family:georgia}
.INKchanges .header {color:#b66647;font-family:'Caesar Dressing', georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;padding-bottom:10px}
.INKchanges b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.INKchanges b:after {
content: close-quote; }</style>

INK.

Dated for the 31st, later into the evening.

Player Name: Sky
Character Name: Ink Trovato
Date of Birth: December 25th, 2011
Species: Hybrid Ortus Luperci
Personality Traits: Shy, Curious, Intuitive, Creative, Passionate
Skills: Crafting, Medicine, Playing Guitar, Riding Horseback, Storytelling
NPC Characters/Animals: Jericho- Horse, Mare, 5 Years
Residence: HOUSE NUMBAH TWENTY-FOUR! In Jordheim.

Spending time with Tem had given Ink a new friend. In fact, the two young males got along better than anyone the Trovato boy had ever met before. He'd gotten a quick tour of the area and now, sitting at the borders of Vinatta, he wondered if this would be his new home. Jericho liked it here- the grass was sweet and green, the territory offered shelter and most importantly, the pack itself was a kind bunch of canines. So far, a nice place. The boy could get used to it.

He'd explored Jordheim for a few hours with Tem as his guide. He could remember with most of the Stormbringer family lived and he could remember where there were open houses waiting to be lived in. He'd fallen in love with one particular house, a ways into the thick of the village. It had a small yard in behind it and though it wasn't very big, he liked the idea of having room to grow. This house had just that.

So, even as he sat at the borders, Jerri nearby grazing, he considered his options. He loved the idea of living in one of those neat houses. He loved the thought of sharing a pack with his new friend, Tem. He also liked the fact that his favorite house happened to be almost next door to Tem's. Finally, he decided it worth the effort he'd have to put into fitting in. He'd have to call off his search for his father for a few days, maybe a couple of months, but at least this way he'd be in the area and liable to meet any of his father's old aquaintences.

So, he looked over to Jerri one last time before tossing his head back and howling. While he waited, he swung his guitar over to his lap and started to play. Whoever came to see him would be greeted with upbeat music and a soft, not-quite-superstar voice singing along to it. Jericho didn't even seem to notice- she'd looked up for a moment when her boy had howled, but otherwise remained unconcerned.

[/html]
[html]
-grumblegrumblegrumble- haha

The laborous work of today's activity had been something of toil for the Stormbringer. It had been his idea, in the first place, to build a whole village. But it didn't stop him from being a little weary as their day came to a close. With the last stone knocked into place and flattened, the building party had stopped with a sigh of relief. His sons absence had been noticed however and Saul had been curious as to how the boy had spent his day. Now that Lilin had moved in, and Temeraire had moved out into his own house, Saul was scared he'd lose contact with his son. Often he told himself not to be ridiculous, he was still in Vinátta. But he'd seen him every day before his move and now Saul had to make sure he went round to see the boy in case he didn't see him again for another few days. He understood the boy was growing up, but he wasn't quite ready to let go.

Entering Jordheim, Saul was torn between allowing his tired feet to take him back to his own home and into the arms of his mate, or towards his sons house where he knew he would be faced with a surly teenager who didn't really want to talk. He missed his son however and sent Lilin a silent apology as he headed through Jordheim instead of towards his own home. Entering the quartet of houses that his son had chosen to reside in, he was content for just a few moments before a foreign sent him. He froze, body frigid as his dark nose twitched, almost tasting the scent that seemed far too intermixed with his sons for comfort.

He was about to rush to his sons door and bang it down when a howl came from the borders. He could hear no commotion for the boy- all was quiet on this end of their village. With a soft, frustrated growl Saul moved towards the borders, leaping quickly to cover the ground. As he neared, he spotted a pale horse grazing close to a luperci sitting along the borders. Nostrils flared as he recognised the scent and he approached, green eyes hinted with steel. Is there a reason your scent trails all over my village? My name is Saul Stormbringer, one of the Virdings of Vinátta. He spoke, his voice clearly trailing in a suggestive way- the boy would explain why he'd been all over Jordheim shortly.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
417+

[/html]
.INKchanges {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#3e210c url(http://i.imgur.com/ecc4H.png) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.INKchanges .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em; text-align: justify;color:#b09c8b;}
.INKchanges .header {color:#b66647;font-family:'Caesar Dressing', georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;padding-bottom:10px}

INK.

Lol Poor Ink!

He started to sing a whole new song when suddenly, a voice behind him sounded. He startled, jumping forward to stand and whirl around, facing the newcomer. The male who stood there asked him what he'd been doing in the village and proceeded to introduce himself. Saul Stormbringer. Tam's father and leader of Vinatta. Oh. Well, shit. Ah... because Tem gave me a tour? Big grin, nervous and shy. I swear I would never barge in uninvited. I met Tem just outside the borders this morning and he brought me in to meet you but you weren't there so we looked around the village and then he had something to do so I came here. He looked around at the little clearing and swallowed a lump in his throat. Damn nerves.

My name's Ink Trovato. I ah.. actually, I wanted to ask if I could maybe... stay... in Vinatta? He grinned again, stupid and timid with tail tucked. The father of a friend was scary enough. The father of an entire pack? Ink was glad he'd gone to pee earlier, cause he probably would've piddled himself. ...as a member? Grin only got bigger with raised brows and the guitar hugged tight to his chest. Please don't kill me.

The very idea of joining a pack was uncomfortable for Ink. He'd never done anything like it before. A pack stayed in one place, always. They had a territory and a housing district. Rules and regulations. Ranks and social standings. Back home in the Caravan, he'd been constantly traveling beside members of his family. No ranks were given and each person had their own jobs to do on a daily business. Ink had been in charge of the horses. He had no idea what good his horse-tending skills would do in a pack, but maybe... maybe he could find something?

[/html]
[html]
-chews-

Green eyes darkened just slightly as the white male jumped and started at being interrupted. As he stood, Saul was surprised to see that he looked little older than his own son. It was difficult to tell, but there was still that awkwardness about him that said he hadn't been on two legs long. Still, there was still the matter of why his scent washed over Jordheim and he waited a fraction of a beat before the boys nervous words shocked him. Temeraire had taken him inside Vinátta? He tried his hardest to remain unshocked by his sons actions, as this was the second time in recent days that a new member had showed up with his sons name on their lips and absently Saul marvelled at what a little recruiter Temeraire had become. He couldn't help the deep frown that turned his expectant face into a bit of a frown as the male rushed to explain himself.

Despite the nervous manner with which the boy presented himself, Saul kept a level head about him. He wasn't being unkind to him, it was his job to find out who the boy was. He was a little surprised however, to hear the males stammering over his request and when he finally got it out, Saul almost felt relieved he'd managed it. For a moment, the Virding remained silent. For the boys words, his sourjourn into Jordheim had been innocent and fuelled by his own sons encouragements, which in itself was a worrying factor. He didn't think it had been intentional however and he made up his mind that the boy was clearly just a little lost.

I'll be having serious words with my son after our meeting... but how about you start by telling me where you've come from? You're no older than Teme, where are you family? He questioned, green eye softening slightly as he regarded the white boy in front of him. He hoped there wasn't tradegy in Ink's story, but it was in Vinátta's best interests to find out.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
341+

[/html]

INK.

I forgot that I'd saved this post to my computer! :o Fuck yes!

At the thought that maybe he'd gotten Tem into trouble, Ink felt terrible. The dark boy had been kind enough to Ink and the Trovato had been lucky to find him. He'd have to make sure the worried father didn't go to hard on his son. Tem had helped Ink out. Ink would help Tem. Later. Right now, his attention was turned to the discussion at hand. The man asked about Ink's family and the boy's ears dropped a bit.

I've been on my own for a while, sir. My family ran a caravan. No real hometown to speak of- we were always on the move. When my mother... when my mother died, I left to find out what I can about my father. I never knew him but I'd heard he'd lived here, in the area that is. He rolled his shoulders slightly in a shrug and his gaze fell to the ground. I... don't really know how to take care of myself alone. I wasn't as prepared as I thought I'd be. I'm not built to be a rogue, I guess.

It was a point backed by his thin figure. The boy was obviously missing out on a good meal and well-needed rest. His horse didn't seem to fare much better, mowing down on the grass nearby but still thin enough that ribs showed throuhg her pelt. If it weren't for the guitar and shirt the boy wore, his ribs would be pretty obvious too. Not the greatest hunter out there.

Tem told me what it was like, living with a pack. I guess... I envy that. Having family around all the time, always in the same place. Being able to trust the people around you to have your back when things get rough. Having a home to go back to... and something worth working for. He smiled then, a much more honest and natural expression, eyes moving to meet the older male's again. Please, sir... I don't really have much to offer you yet, but I'll find a way to do my part. Please consider my request.

[/html]
[html]
sorry about the wait sweety, I ran out of juice yesterday after sorting everything out again!

The young boy seemed to consider his words for a moment and Saul was at least a little pleased to see the male actually thought about what was happening and what to say. He remembered a few new members he'd had to deal with who didn't seem to have a verbal filter and the amusing, yet slightly idiotic answers they were likely to come out with. He did, however, understand very well what it was like to have to relive ones past. In almost all cases, the back story was the worst part of this little interview process- they wouldn't be on his borders if everything from their past had been happy and easy. Hardship thrown into the mix often meant that those who turned up on his borders had a bad past. He was hoping that Ink didn't have it too bad- he seemed far too young to have suffered just yet.

His hopes were dashed as Ink began to explain about where he'd come from. Always moving, never in one place would have been exciting for a young pup, but it soon would have worn down. He remembered his worry about Temeraire, their moving around soon after he was born. He doubted he remembered anything about Imari's cross-country flight, he'd only been a few weeks old when the female had caught up with him. Cinnamon backed ears flashed back against his skull at the youths admission that he didn't know how to take care of himself. "I'm sorry about your mother, Ink..." He offered, understanding more than most what it felt like to lose ones mother. He might not have been very old when Abigail had been slain, but he remembered having a mother at some point, even if he couldn't remember what she looked like.

The boys pleas were taken in the quiet of one thinking and Saul found he was proud of his sons depiction of pack life. He couldn't quite help the small chuckle that escaped him, before the boy spoke one last time. The small nod that dipped the males head was a silent reassurance to the male, before Saul spoke once more. "Was your mother able to teach you anything before she died? Do you have any skills, or any interests you'd like to pursue?" He asked, wondering where the pale boy would fit into their ranks.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
394+

[/html]

INK.

Aaand we're back where we left off. Big Grin

Ink was used to the whole 'condolences' thing when it came to his mother, so when the man apologized, he shrugged it off- not rudely, just... it didn't really matter. His mom had died peacefully, in her sleep. He didn't have any regrets and had been expecting her to go at some point or another anyway. She'd been sick for such a long time, her death had proved to be a relief to many of her family, even Ink.

He went on to ask about skills and interests and Ink gave it some serious thought. He glanced over his shoulder at Jericho as the horse grazed. I'm good with horses. It was my job to take care of the caravan's herd, make sure they were healthy and fit to be sold or worked. Jerri's thin, but we've been on the road for a long time now, so she hasn't gotten as much rest as I wish I could've let her. The mare lifted her head at the sound of her name and snorted softly, curious. Ink turned back to Saul a moment after.

Other than that, I'm good with music and story telling. I've got a good memory and a good ear so it's easy for me to retell a story or play a song from memory. He paused again to think, considering his other skills and then his interests when no more came to mind. I want to learn how to hunt and defend myself. I know the basics, but obviously not enough. He held out his arms to show off his lanky frame with a silly grin. I don't know much, sir, but I promise I'm a quick and efficient learner. I won't be a burden. I promise.

[/html]
[html]
<33 nearly finished!

The shrug of the boys shoulders was perhaps to be expected- it was very clear he didn't like to rely on anyone so perhaps the sympathy given was also something he perhaps didn't appreciate. Of course, the fact that the male wished to belong to a pack alluded to the fact that he wasn't doing so well on his own and he knew it. It was perhaps ironic how Saul understood about the males situation- he remembered vividly trying to survive on his own when he'd been separated from his father and siblings. The near three months he'd been out in the wilderness had taught him a lot about independence, but in the end it had reiterated the fact that he couldn't look after himself at such a young age. Ink was in much better condition than Saul had been, who had collapsed on Dahlia's borders starving and exhausted.

He was pleased that the boy was enthusiastic to say the least and Saul found himself smiling softly as he explained about his skill with horses. It was clear that his own horse was a loyal mare to say the least and he was glad Ink explained about her thin appearance. He clearly knew what he was doing, what he was talking about and Saul nodded enthusiastically before he continued on, explaining about music and storytelling. The boy seemed to have been taught well, but it was encouraging to know that he still had interests that he could develop in Vinátta. Once again he made a soft plea for acceptance and Saul held up a hand in quiet reassurance.

"Why don't you come back to Jordheim with me? I have a few things for you." He offered, though his small smile spoke of his forgiveness of the boy. Trespassing was an unforgivable offence, but it seemed he'd been escorted into Vinátta instead of finding himself suddenly in the middle of the packlands. He would still be having words with his son however and thoughts turned to this as Saul moved back and towards Jordheim, hoping the boy would be quick and follow him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
352+

[/html]

INK.

soclose

The boy smiled one of his brightest at the invitation. Of course. Lead the way. He grinned as he turned to call Jericho to follow and with a click of the tongue, the horse fell in line beside him as they traveled back to Vinatta's central town. So... I can stay, then? It's okay? He questioned along the way, enjoying the pace they kept and the kind weather that allowed them safe passage.

His mind raced. He would be a member of a pack! Vinatta! Right beside Tem and his father. He'd live in Jordheim, maybe in that house he'd taken a liking to. Maybe he'd even meet some new people to call family. Maybe he'd meet a girl! The boy's ears twitched with his thoughts, smile on his face the entire time. How his luck had turned!

As they walked, he looked up at Saul. He took in the sight of what could soon be his new leader. The male was just a few inches taller than himself, maybe the same height. It felt weird to be able to look a fully grown man in the eyes, being so young, but Ink had come to terms with his early growth- he'd been six feet by the time he could shift and his full size before that in lupus form. He wondered, for a moment, if he'd be one of the tallest in the pack. A moment later, he pushed the thought aside- it didn't matter.

[/html]
[html]
you're welcome to one more post, or I'll archive this tomorrow!

He almost chuckled at the boys words, though he stopped himself from verbally allowing this to happen. He was a confident one, that was something obvious and for a moment Saul considered the effect Ink might have on his son. Elias was a quiet soul and in truth quite fragile- it was always clear that his dark boy was the worse influence on Ezra's rustic son. However, there was a confidence, though he did not think arrogance, about Ink that Saul could perhaps see Temeraire feeding off. It was painfully obvious how the two had fallen into an easy acquaintance and Saul could almost forgive his son for allowing a stranger into their borders when it was clear they would get on so well. His thoughts were interrupted as a string of rather insecure words came from the boy who had fallen into step beside him, the pale horse moving placidly close by.

"Yes Ink, you're staying" He confirmed, his words kind. The pair fell into a comfortable silence as they made their way towards Jordheim. It often escaped Saul's notice how many miles there actually were between Jordheim and the borders but the time flew by. Saul was eager to get back to home, to the shrouded humped houses that made up their village. It was a strange place to live he knew, but he couldn't think of living anywhere else than here. It seemed that the rest of Vinátta were happy with this way of living, for they had all claimed houses here. The silence was not uncomfortable and upon entering the village and making his way towards his house, Saul asked Ink to wait for a moment and ducked inside.

Calling out a soft greeting to Lilin and mentioning a new member, he busied himself gathering the items that he would present to the male. Wrapping the items up in the customary deer hide, he exited and presented the bundle to Ink. Wrapped up in the deer hide was a small bottle of wine, a hunting knife and a dagger as well as the Frithr necklace they all wore. In addition, a dark fox pelt and a lighter pair of rabbit pelts nestled in there, to be used as Ink wished. "Welcome to Vinátta, Ink. You may choose any unclaimed house to live in or anywhere else in Vinátta if you wish." He offered with a small smile, before allowing Ink to move away and into a new home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
412+

[/html]
[html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]

INK.

Yay! Big Grin Thanks! I'ma go update Ink's profile on the wiki, now...

The gifts were something he hadn't been expecting. He let Jericho wander once they reached the village with intentions to bring her to the stables that Tem had mentioned previously. As they came to Saul's own house, he looked around fondly and admired how much of a home it was. Saul and his mate must've been quite comfortable living here- he hoped his house would someday have the same feel.

The wrapped gifts were taken with a polite and shy thanks and he took a moment to look through it all as Saul welcomed him. When he spotted the necklace, he grinned and slipped it on. It looked neat beside his father's ring and he couldn't help but fall in love with it, without even knowing the special meaning behind it. He'd ask about it later. The new knife would be rewrapeed but the dagger went straight to his belt, right beside his original knife. The bottle of wine, he knew, wouldn't be opened for a long time but he rewrapped everything and bundled it into his arms with a wagging tail and an excited grin.

Thank you so much, sir. I promise, I won't disappoint you. He nodded politely and called a goodnight to both Saul and his mate before leaving- making a bee-line straight for the empty house he'd fallen in love with earlier that day.

That night, he would sleep amongst the furs he'd been given and the furs he'd had already. Jericho slept peacefully and comfortably in the stables in her very own stall and nothing could've ruined the air of bliss around both of them. They were home.

[/html]