[p] counting out the signs we see
[html]
(384) Let's thank our lucky stars because I have both of our posts for this entire thread ;u;

The days passed quickly, going through their normal routine, though things were different in some ways. That afternoon he had been thinking. Not reading, not writing, doing nothing but sitting in his room and just thinking. He had been told by his mother the other week or so that she was carrying children, what would someday be his little brothers and sisters. He thought about being a big brother, and the thought appalled him more than Skye's pregnancy, having always the thought of be the youngest child. He wondered what they would look like, how they would act, how they would anything. The idea of puppies just struck his curiosity, having not really thought about them before.

He also thought about a few others things, like the upcoming fall, how the pack was doing in general, and Eclipse. While he did not quite consciously know it, he thought of her often when doing his daily things, and sometimes found himself thinking about the night they fell asleep on the roof. Ever since then, he had tried to understand her, as if she was a puzzle. She confused him even more than Erzulie did with her future tellings and her talk of spirits and overall interest in the strange. He thought about it, and always came out without an answer. While it did not bother him that he could not predict her well, it made him all the more stubborn just to figure her out.

The inevitable came and the woman finally rose to mind as he sat in a chair, legs propped up on his bed. While the usual thoughts rolled around, he noticed that he hadn't seen her for a couple of days. He mulled it over for a couple of minutes, looking over at his desk as he thought about it. Landing on a conclusion, he stepped up from his seat and looked down at the things he had been staring at. After reviewing it, he placed it in his bag and left the house moments later.

It was only a couple of yards until he reached her house, and stepped to the door and cracked it open slowly while knocking softly. "Eclipse? You in here?" he called out, poking his nose into the house to see if she was even home.

[/html]
[html]
WC:302 OOC: Found the saved! <3

She had not left her house all the day before or yesterday, her emotions were running high and she was again sick, mostly from the crying and dispair she felt. It wasn’t that Aro didn’t want to be a father, it was that it clashed with their own lives, but her thoughts went to.... how was she going to take care of … PUPPIES!? The thought again brought her into sobbing fits just as she heard the soft knock, she wasn’t a wailing cryer, so it wasn’t hard to hear his voice. Two more emotions ran through her, panic and happiness, she was panicking because she was wonderhing what he would think, and happy because... of all the people she would rather see him the most, she saw him as her best friend right now, not her only friend, for she had many here in the pack, ones she knew she could rely on, but Robert, he was the one she felt she could count on.

“I-in here” She said sniffling, trying her best to look like she was ok, but that was impossible, her fur was pulled out of her scarf in a mess and her cheeks and eyes were blotted with the tears she cried, dried and spiked in the fashion of any wet dog. She was sitting straight up, and didn’t look down the hall where he would come down, she was sitting in her living room, kitchen, the most used spot she had, and yet the ashes in the fireplace was cold. She hadn’t eaten for a day or so, feeling worse for wear just for that, but she knew it would all come up again. Well better he saw her miserable like this than others, he wouldn’t make such a big deal out of it at least.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Whatever smile he held on his face disappeared as he heard her answer back. "Eclipse?" he called again as he stepped into the house, shutting the door behind him as he hurried to where she was. While he heard her, the sound of her voice worried him intensely; he had not heard her sound like that since when they first met, when she was scared from the darkness she had dreamed about and then the items she had lacked at the time. He did not read emotions as well as others, but he knew before he saw her that something was wrong.

He rounded the corner that led into the living room and kitchen, and immediately walked forward to where the woman sat and settled near her. "You're crying. Why are you crying?" he stated, obviously, and then questioned. She looked like a mess, with everything about her in a disarray than from their usual state and face wet. While the tears disturbed him greatly, he made himself look over her enter body, as if expecting to see blood or something. He didn't know what was wrong, and didn't know how to help, and it made him anxious to no end.

"Eclipse, what's wrong? Tell me, please," he half-pleaded quickly before she had enough time to even answer his first question. Realizing his chattiness was causing him delayed responses, he made himself quiet, but stared at the woman straight in the eye, not even trying to hide the distress he felt for her.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 302 OOC:

She was doing what she could, her composure was already down and out just from him surprising her like this. It wasn’t unwelcome but it was unexpected. He sat down by her without hesitation and if she were in more of a position to notice she would know something changed about him, but she was too distraught with her own worries than to figure him out. She did what she could to suppress anything that showed she was crying even the stuffy nose that it caused.

She looked away as he stated she was crying and of course she denied it loudly and forcefully, he’s already seen her weak once before and now... well what would he think of her, she wasn’t even mated to the other man... and she was now going to have his puppies. Things couldn’t work out for her and Aro and she knew it, though if she told Robert or anyone else about her feelings about that night, would they think her a harlot? His immidiate question made her rejections stop suddenly and she sighed; “I am... I am going to be the worst mother in the world.” She felt another hideous sob come on but she held it down, making it choke her down close to her stomach, close to the children whose lives she would destroy; “I... i’m going to have babies....” She finally stated after a soft thought at her other answer... it was as distant as the one she gave Aro and he had mistook what she said and she had to repeat herself, it was best to ge it over with it was best to hope for a good reaction Aro had surprised her in a way perhaps Robert wouldnt leave... not right away at least.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Despite her rejections, it did not waver the fact that he wanted, which he determined as that he, in fact, needed, to know why she was crying and close to doing so once again. His mind raced through so many conclusions, and while a lot seem reasonable, he wanted to hear from her own voice what was wrong. It was almost as if not knowing had laid out a pressure on his chest and it was not until he knew would it be relieved.

Finally, she stopped with her refusals to tell him anything, and he waited all so impatiently for her to say something. When she spoke about being a bad mother, he was extremely confused, and again his mind buzzed with a million options. Was she talking about her horse's offspring? Did she adopt another animal under her wing and was in denial over it? He was still calculating over the first statement when she continued to speak.

He was motionless at first. Another moment passed, and he was still sitting there silently, mind blank besides the resonating thought that echoed through it. It took him another second to consciously realize what it was saying, and one more to have any sort of outward reaction to it. It was subtle, only the widening of eyes that stared right back at Eclipse. They were not fearful, or hateful, just stunned. The frost-colored gaze then flicked down to the woman's abdomen, and he expected to see some sort of change he did not notice before.

"Babies?" he repeated softly, still watching her stomach.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 287 OOC:

She felt a little relieved when she spoke but it seemed that she somehow froze him in place as he was quiet as he did not say anything for a while and she was quite conscience where his eyes were headed, of course he wasn’t going to see any difference, she knew that it was far too early in the pregnancy, well Hotaru had told her this but she didn’t have to say that to anyone else.

When he finally found his voice she found that anger surged through her, not particularly at him. well some of it maybe just for his inability to comfort her, “I didn’t mean for it to happen... it.... it just DID! I know how it happens too but... but everything just came together.”She started talking really fast some of what she said after was far too incoherent for Robert to even hear and she was envisioning Aro, who had been so sweet, even when she came to him to give him the bad news that he would be a father and her a mother, …. a mother for crying out loud! She would probably ditch them just like her own ditched her, yes she would be a horrible mother and she was convinced of it. How many had she had, and did any of them teach her how to be one? Jace... she did give her advice on them, but it was mostly about pregnancy and even some of that she’d forgotten. She was still pacing about the room in a fury that was not hers, an anger that was towards herself and her stupidity, and she felt like she needed to hit something and hard.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(396)

He was still shocked into silence, and could not think of anything to say. What could he say? He never imagined her having puppies--well, perhaps that was not the whole truth. He was able to picture her with children, but imagining her being pregnant seemed to be a whole other story despite their relevance. Maybe it was believable if it was a different situation; had he just came over for a friendly visit and ended up instead hearing this? If it had been expected, he may have reacted differently. But, he wasn't expecting it and now faced with the news left him unsure how to act.

Even when Eclipse moved from her spot, he continued to stare where she had once sat, unable to think, really. It was not until she started to speak did something click within him and brought his mind back to the real world. He watched her as she paced the room, and opened his mouth occassionally as if to add something, but it closed before anything could be said. When she mentioned that she knew how they came to be... well. He had not been thinking about it, but now that it was brought to mind he went into another silent spurt and stared at the floor as if it could get rid of the embarrasment he felt. He knew about reproduction, and knew that it was how pups and other creatures were made, but...

He quickly shook his head roughly, and finally stammered, "I-its okay! It happens, i-it just does!" He looked away from the floor and noticed how angery she was, and stood up from his seat. He approached her, though kept a short distance from her with arms slightly raised from his side, in case she got a little too mad and had to punch at the nearest thing, which was him, but he hoped that she wouldn't. "Eclipse, calm down, please," Robert said in a pledding tone. "Its alright, don't get mad! Its okay, please don't get angry." He realized he was being a little repeative with his words, but it was all he could muster and think of, just trying to convey that he wanted her to settle down.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 238 OOC:

She really didn’t know what she was saying because if she didn’t she wouldn’t admit all this to him, but her emotions were running on high. She let out a few more random words fly about her own stupidity. She saw him move towards her and speak, his words silently consoling her. They were what she needed, her anger was abated, but she hated herself, she let her own fists unclenched and her tense body went limp and she sat down suddenly, as though she just suddenly went into shock and she stared at her floor, which was made of refurbished wood. She blinked away the tears, she was trying to calm down, trying not to cry and she couldn’t look at him now.

“You probably think me some idiot cry baby now...” She said sourly, the sourness was directed more at herself, for how could she be angry with the man that helped her so much so far without even knowing it? Or did he know it and was just still playing her for a fool? She didn’t believe the latter thought but her paranoid self kept it in the back of her mind as she rubbed at an arm with the other, and just not moving other than that, her words finally spent and now feeling foolish, depressed, sad and who knew what other emotion.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(447) hmm who sucks. oh yeah, i do. /flails in any matter, this is now my favorite Rob/Ec thread.

If it had been anyone else, Robert would have probably excused himself and left in an unexplained hurry. He would probably try to forget about the event and go on about his business. But, it wasn't anyone else; it was Eclipse. Despite the situation's overwhelmingness, he felt no urge to leave her. In fact, he felt that his presence was needed, and would only exit the house unless the woman would request.

He sighed in relief as his words seemed to register with her and slid down onto the couch. He was soon to follow her, and leaned back as he moved his fingers through his mane in a gesture to calm himself down as well; while he barely showed it for Eclipse's sake, the news and her mood had stressed him out a bit. It was much for him to suddenly swallow, and he was taking it the best he could without getting too emotional like his friend did. He moved his hands away from his hair and onto his face for a moment, and settled them at his side.

The momentary silence was broken by her with a remark about how he must have felt about her then, which he plainly blinked at as he turned back to her. She did not meet his gaze, but he could tell that was very near to crying once more. "Of course not!" he stated as if it was a matter of fact. "Eclipse, how can I think of you like that? You're not an 'idiot cry baby'." He wanted to reach out and comfort her, but he held back, unsure if it was right to do so. Instead, he moved closer to her and leaned over to try to catch her eyes.

"Look, you're not an idiot. I understand..." He trailed off for a moment, and added, "Actually, I don't." He was understating things; he was not in her situation, and it was hard for him to imagine how she must have felt. "But, what I do understand, is that no matter what, you are not in any way foolish." After getting that point across, he leaned back against the couch, and looked up at the ceiling. "In any case... What happened happen, and its okay." He didn't want to get personal with her, not when she seemed so distressed by it. Also, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know anyway... He wasn't too sure how he felt about all of this. But, he was certain that was wasn't going to think less of Eclipse.

Another silence spanned between them, and he reached up with a hand to ruffle his hair again, eyes narrowed in thought.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 464 OOC:

She felt numb and his words were doing their best to reassure her no matter how awkward they sounded, he was doing his best and she knew it and this was enough to make her feel just slightly better but she didn’t know what to do anymore. She leaned back and over wanting more than just words to comfort her, but she was tense and still not trusting her own self. She still leaned in on him so her head could rest on his shoulder, still keeping her own eyes from his purple. If she looked at him she would cry again and she didn’t know why.

“I know I am a grown woman now... I just didn’t think it would be so fast and so surprising... I thought i would have some kind of sign saying it was just a bad time... but my whole body told me it was the perfect time....” She said her words sliding out of her mouth. She had no issues telling him this and she didn’t know why but she did stop herself, he definitely didn’t want to hear about it; “I’m sorry, I just... there’s so much and these new feelings all jumbled I don’t know what to do with them...” She said sniffing a little but not feeling the onrush of tears anymore, she felt comfortable and a peace of sorts seemed to come over her as she touched her cheek to Robert’s shoulder; “I don’t think I want to leave Cercatori for a while, or my home for that matter... How do they do it? The parents?” She asked she remembered her parents loved her but that was short lived at least in her mind it was because after she turned three months... or was it four, whatever the case, they were gone and she was alone. That was all she really knew but not everyone’s parents were like that she learned after she found a temporary mother... many of them until she was able to take care of herself and live on her own.

Robert’s last word “okay” seemed to repeat in her head as she thought, it sunk in and in a way she felt better as though he forgave her even though she didn’t need to ask forgiveness from the man. They were in no way mates, and she flushed at the thought, she may like him, but she doubted he liked her, not after her actions, and she didn’t know what it was and what it meant either, love like that of a brother or more, maybe it really was more, she thought, but tried to push it away, she would end up hurting herself if she played with anymore emotions.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(566)

Her lack of response paired with her still-teary eyes added to his concern, and yet felt stumped and couldn't think of anything to tell her. It seemed that his words didn't reach her as much as he wanted them to at that moment, and sighed too quietly for her to hear as he tried to think of something--anything--to say. But, he did not have much time to think of something as Eclipse closed what little distance he had put between them, and stiffen a bit at the unexpected motion like he had at the rooftop. Unlike that night, though, he was quicker to relax and allowed her to rest her head there without showing any sign that he didn't want her there. In fact, if it made her feel better, he was glad that she did so.

As she spoke, the words that came out made him uncomfortable. He definitely did not want to listen to what she was saying. But, his ears were opened anyway, and without complainant he listened to her silently, deciding to stop searching for her gaze as she leaned against him. "Don't apologize," he stated simply as she began to excuse herself for something he found that didn't need to be apologized for. "You'll figure them out. I'll help." The last statement was a bit more shyly spoken. He wasn't sure if she wanted his help or not on the matter, and he wasn't sure himself how to. But, he'd figured it out if it would help the woman.

At the mention of leaving Cercatori, and became worried again--but, this time, for himself. It didn't occur to him that maybe she'd want to be with the father, and after a second's thought, it made sense. But yet... He didn't want that to happen. He wanted her to stay in Thornbury, stay near him. But, he began to think he was being a bit selfish, and thought about an answer for a moment. "I... don't know. I guess it just depends..." He didn't know how to answer without it coming out as a biased "stay here", since he wanted the best for her despite his wants, and decided leave it vague.

The more he thought about her leaving, the more desperate he felt as the depressing thoughts swam through his brain. He slipped his arm around her, but kept his touch light as to not to disturb her. But, he began to feel that if he didn't have a hold on her, no matter how soft, she would slip off and disappear from his life as soon as she came. Just like his brother, his father. This was different than them, though; they didn't seem to mean as much to him as Eclipse did at that moment. Thinking of which, how much did she mean to him? She was a definite friend, yes, but... He was felt as if there was more than just that. But, his mind was as jumbled as her's in a sense, and had no idea what to think of.

He was quiet for a couple of moments, and the question that had been burning in his mind finally reached his lips. "Do you like him?" It was clear he was talking about the father of her children, though despite the subject, he didn't seem uncomfortable with asking about him. He just felt like he needed to know.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 416 OOC: SO MUCH THINKING ECLIPSE JUST JUMP HIM ALREADY.... err i mean TongueP

It was nice. Nice to sit there and lay her head on his shoulder, though so many thoughts still ran through her mind, she almost didn’t hear anything he said. Finally she looked up to meet his eyes but did not leave contact of him; “You will?” She asked in a surprise that seemed as though someone said they would do anything even kill just to have a liver from a rabbit. This made questions swim through her head even more. Her eyes lingered for a moment before looking back down, but not with as much sullen haste.

His next words made her mind nearly explode with thoughts, it all just depends...depends on what, how? She knew so little of parenting that this whole situation was not good for her and she knew it, so why did she put herself into it? She couldn’t kill her own puppies, but what good was she as a parent, they would resent her if she gave them up and she would resent herself. Forever. “What do you mean? What would it all depend on? I... I just don’t want to be like mine. I want to be with them, I don’t want to abandon them, but I wouldn’t know what to do with them.” She said absently.

She quieted and snuggled a little closer, his arm feeling like a protective shield against anything bad anywhere around him. It comforted her in so many ways she couldn’t explain. It felt good, and in her mind.. better than being in Aro’s arms when he comforted her about the news. The question shocked her,she sat up enough to feel the pull on his arm, though she knew he wasn’t trying to keep her there, it just reminded her she was safe. She settled down again before speaking, playing with her claws; “He is charming, that’s what attracted me I guess, his words, he is nice and told me he would take responsibility, he would visit and everything. But do I like him more than just a friend? I don’t know.... I don’t think so. We came to the conclusion that we were not meant to be together. I belong here... he belongs there....” She said. She wondered if they were in the same pack, would they become mates? She wasn’t sure they would be. She liked his charming attitude but there was something that made her feel they didn’t belong together.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(536) /feels spill everywhere

He looked down at her when she seemed surpried by his words, and met her gaze. He smiled faintly, though crooked, that she was able to look him in the eye. That at least told him that she was beginning to feel a little bit better, if only a little. "Of course," he assured her, leaning his head against her's for a moment to encourage his words. "I'll help in any way I can, all you need to do is tell me what you need." Once the promise was made, he felt more sure that he would be able to aid her through that situation. He'd doubt it would be easy, but he did not hold any regrets for what he said.

His brows furrowed a bit as she pressed further for an answer that he not have. Before he could think more on the situation, though, she continued to say that she did not want to be like her parents. It made him remembered the time where they first met, and how she was almost in tears because of a dream. She had said then that she did not want to be like her grandfather. "Then don't be like your parents," he said softly. "Don't abandon them. Like I said... I'll help. And, I'm sure my mother will, too, and everyone else in the pack. Its okay if you don't know what to do--I don't think anyone does at first. But, we'll figure it out, I am positive." While he managed to avoid the first question, he hoped that he calmed Eclipse's thoughts about being a bad mother.

He began to feel a little better as she moved closer to him. But, when he spoke the question, he watched her move away from him, and started to regret what he had said. After a moment, she moved back to the spot that she had left, and felt a flutter of relief mingled with the anxiety for what her answer would be. When she mentioned her attraction for him, he already felt dread lining his heart. But, he listened as she further explained herself, and had to quietly sigh in relief that it seemed she did not feel for the man like the way he had thought. He leaned his head over her once again, but he lingered there instead of pulling away.

He sat there quietly, just thinking, and by an off chance he remembered what laid in his bag. Quietly, he shifted the arm that was not holding Eclipse and into his bag that was placed on his side. After moving things around it for a second he pulled out what he had made. He lightly gripped the somewhat large paper, and slowly brought it to the other's view. "I made you a star map--I'd thought you would like to look at the stars even when you can't. Its not as good as the real thing, but I tried my best." He had spent a good few nights working on it; and then making sure it was as perfect as possible in hopes for gaining Eclipse's approval. But, now all he was worried about if it would make her happy at all.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 463 OOC: LAHV!

Those were the words she needed, and of course they were said by Aro, but for some reason they felt far better to her than Aro’s had... her mind went into a small fighitng match with itself thinking about Robert and needing him, she shouldn’t need him and she couldn’t afford to get too attached, not like she had with her parents, but he seemed far more stable than she remembered her parents but then again maybe she ws being too harsh on them.

He spoke about not being like them and she shook her head, he didn’t seem to understand; “That’s all I knew... after they left, i ran away, then I never stayed, I didn’t want to love anyone, or get close to anyone for so long, I broke so many hearts just by running off from them. It was Saul that made me see what I was doing... I might do the same thing to my children.” She said. This was the first time she spoke to anyone about it. It was always bottled up inside her that she knew how bad of a wolf she was but she couldn’t help it, she had to make him understand her situation. She would more than likely abandon her children. Not because she thought she was like her parents. But because she knew she was like them. Though when he said “We” she felt her heart flutter, “we will figure it out.” not “you will figure it out.” He truly was there to help her, and she couldn’t help let another bout of tears crawl down her sheeks, but she did not sob like she thought she would.

The silence that followed was nice though, she let herself compose before she felt movement, he wasn’t trying to leave but was looking for something. Then he showed it to eclipse and her eyes widened and a smile, the first one in a few days, spread across her face; “Oh Robert it is lovely! You did such a good job!” She said she sat up and took it, looking at the points and imagined the nights sky. She looked at him, not many gave her things, she’d gotten something from her aunt and her cousin, and a random wolf and she cherished them with all her heart. She threw her arms around him in appreciation and hugged him; “Thank you, maybe you can help me find a place to hang it. Well, I suppose I will have to find a frame for it though, but wow, you did this?” She sat back and looked back at the paper, her smile still etched on her face, though it deminished in her depression, she still had it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(366) these two, my heart can't take it

He was silent once more as Eclipse went further and said why she would leave her own children. He could barely wrap his conscience over her words, having both parents throughout most of his life and being in the same place since he was born. But, he listened with an opened mind, and hugged her a bit tighter when she finished what she said. He now knew there weren't many words he could say to comfort her with those thoughts, but he hoped that him being there now would make her realize that he would be there whenever they were born, that he will help her when that as well even when she had doubt.

He pictured for a moment a puppy that looked like Eclipse, and smiled faintly at the thought. But, he felt a small drop land on him, and his eyes widened when he realized that she was crying, though it seemed different from earlier. Nevertheless, he held her even closer as the tears went down her face, and did not say a word as she calmed herself down, looking away for a moment as to not to pressure her.

Again he smiled, but it was more evident as she took the map away from him and held it between her hands. While her praise was welcomed, what made him satisfied was the smile upon her face, something that seemed so foreign, so precious despite her wet eyes. Distracted by her face, though, he did not see the hug coming, and was a bit surprised as she grip him, and only barely managed to hold them up with his free arm from crashing into the couch.

He lightly laughed at her words, only because he was so relieved to hear that she was happy. "Yeah, down to every last star. I had a little help from the books you gave me, but the view from the rooftop gave the best help," he murmured between his grin as she sat up, and added, "I am glad you like it, Eclipse." With a content sigh, he laid back on the couch while his legs stayed over the side, and repeated, "I'm glad you like it."

[/html]