ganotlvginvwoti galoni
[html]

Figured I'd use the season game prompt for this one. ^^

The red wolf had a lot on his mind—not that he never had a lot on his mind. He fretted about the plants he’d tried to memorize, and their uses, and how to grow them, and he tried just as hard to remember the names of all his Tribe mates he met. His mind was working just as quickly as his mouth usually did, and he nearly hunched with the burden of these thoughts as he walked through the village, his leather sack tossed over his white shoulder.

“The fast is coming soon,” Unatsikanogeni said aloud, seemingly to no one. “It’s been a while since I participated, I mean, since I wasn’t really…” He shrugged, not wanting to think too much about life in the old, main body of the Tribe. “It’s hard to do it if you’ve got no one supporting you. I mean, back home, everyone remotely spiritual did it, so there wasn’t really a problem. But there were still issues, I mean, if the crops were bad, or someone forgot to actually eat them, or they got a bad one. Medics were there, of course, but how many medics are here? He frowned suddenly, big ears flattening.

“Have—have any of your old charges died? Y’know, kicked the bucket from starvation? What were your old charges like, anyhow? I guess… I guess they’d have to be morons to starve themselves during the fast, and I mean, it’s not like you’d guide any morons if you had the choice, heh, but I mean—better safe than sorry, am I right?”

He swallowed as he ceased rambling, pausing in the middle of the village street and turning his head toward the scent of a deer. After a moment, his spirit guide came into vision and cocked her head at him, her large ears flapping as her eyes twinkled gently. She gave no answer, only sent him the image of the crops, but they had enough of an understanding that he nodded—then proceeded to destroy the covert nature of their conversation by blabbering about it.

“I guess as long as we’ve got a good harvest to eat, and the medics do their jobs, it won’t be too much of a problem. And that’s what we’re doing now, right? Helping the medics do their jobs. That doesn’t sound too disrespectful, does it? Don’t want to get off on the wrong foot, I mean, what if I need to saw off that foot and then they’ll hate me for—”

The doe shook her head.

+425

<style type="text/css">
.watwo-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#A59F4A; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 0px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.watwo-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.watwo-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #A59F4A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.watwo-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.watwo-fb {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZQKsX.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7C7B53; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
The summer season was almost over and Mihael found him surprised that time had passed so quickly. It felt like only yesterday he was still roaming the Canadian wilderness for food and absolutely not thinking of settling down in a pack. He loved the life he had lived on his own but living on your own as a wolf that not only does not blend in to the environment well but is smaller than the average of his kind was not a particularly safe life. As much as he loved the thrill of not knowing if he’d get the blessing of waking up in the morning he loved the feeling of security more. It was oddly calming for him (though he was not a particularly spastic or energetic wolf) to know that he would always have food, always have a home to go to, and always have companionship when he so desired.

He decided that he could not have joined a better pack; not only were the other members continuously nice to him, he also found himself loving their culture and language and the overall beliefs of the pack. He thought he could not only make use of himself here but do something he enjoyed. He had not had very many opportunities to practice the medicine that he was training for so far but he took that as a good thing. For him to learn someone had to get hurt; he felt that that was the only real downside to his rank.

The small white wolf stopped his train of thought when he heard continuous speaking somewhere nearby. He was not usually one to pry, yet he still found himself hopping off of the ground where he was sitting and following what his ears told him. He contemplated stopping dead in his tracks and turning back and sitting right back down and letting whoever that was be. He could not help but dabble in ‘what ifs’ and ‘maybes’ and continued in the sensory path he was making in his head.

In front of him was a red wolf talking about feet before cutting off his sentence. Mihael thought this was a queer sight, but was not one to judge. ”Ah unalihelitseti, sorry if I’m interrupting. I just thought I heard someone who sounded a little stressed. Are you alright?” Mihael asked and offered a hopefully warming smile.
[html]

Shorpost. :x

Unatsikanogeni and Udanvti could communicate and understand each other well without speaking. His spirit guide didn’t mince words when she needed to give him a lesson, of course, but since they reached AniWaya she allowed him the responsibility of figuring out what to do on his own. Sometimes, however, her more subtle cues were lost on the Tsulvwisdanehi—such as her indication that another Tribeswolf was approaching.

He jumped slightly when the other man approached, his big ears falling back awkwardly as he collected himself and looked at the newcomer. The wolf had thick white fur and was about his height—but where Una was thin and rangy, this fellow was sturdily built. Smiling, the arctic wolf asked him if he was okay.

“Uh, o-osiyo,” Unatsi responded, dipping his head in greeting. “I’m fine, just—just talking to Udanvti here.” He indicated the doe with a flustered gesture. “Talking about the—the fast, since it’s coming up and all, and I guess as a farmer I’ve got to make sure the crops are nice, except—well, I’m new to this job.” He lifted his white shoulder in a nervous little shrug before clearing his throat and meeting the other’s yellow gaze. Ale ayv uyoayelvdi, I don’t think I’ve met you before.”

+211

<style type="text/css">
.watwo-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#A59F4A; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 0px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.watwo-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #A59F4A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.watwo-fb {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZQKsX.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7C7B53; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Mihael felt guilty when the other wolf jumped at Mihael’s fairly silent approach. He had certainly not meant to startle the wolf, he truly only wanted to be sure he was alright.

Mihael only noticed the doe when she was pointed out to him, though he was not sure he assumed she was his spirit guide. Mihael’s ears perked and his eyes (shamefully to Mihael himself, who tried to keep himself at a continual calm) widened with excitement and curiosity. He had yet to meet a spirit guide, or someone who he knowingly had one. Mihael ripped his eyes away from the doe to meet the red wolf’s eyes as he spoke.

”I don’t believe that we have met either. I’m Mihael Wood; I’m the newest Kunikoti in the pack.” He ended his sentence with a slight uplift of his lips, not a full on smile but he hoped it got the polite gesture across. ”I actually haven’t heard much about this fast…it definitely seems to be important. Uh would you mind explaining it? If you have time of course.” Mihael shrugged and made a gesture that he thought may convey that he did not mean to impose. It was not often that Mihael was asking others for help, he almost wanted to laugh at the change of pace he was currently experiencing.
[html]

Glad you're back. Big Grin

Unatsi was not used to wolves looking on spirit guides with any wonder (save Tribe puppies yet to have one, their eyes big and round but respectful), and his brow furrowed slightly although he did not make judgments. He reminded himself that AniWaya consisted of more outsiders than those born in the Great Tribe, and many of their ways were strange. The deer did not seem to take offense, though, and merely returned the white wolf’s stare until he looked away.

The stranger introduced himself as Mihael, a Kunikoti, and the red wolf grinned sheepishly as he remembered the monologue he’d had earlier. “Well, it’s always good to have one,” he said brightly. “A medicine man, that is.” He refrained from rambling on and on about what would happen if they didn’t have healers in the ranks, and instead poised a more direct question: “Are you very experienced?” The faintest dread coated his words, no matter how much he tried to suppress it. If Mihael was as good a Kunikoti as Una was a Tsulvwisdanehi, then they were in a spot of trouble.

“Oh—no, I have plenty of time. That’s all I have, really, time—I mean, in the grand scheme of things I guess it’s what, fourteen years probably, so that’s ten left, and I’m liable to die earlier since I’m always—”

“Unatsi,” the doe prompted gently, and he quit that subject.

“Er, yes, right. Well—it’s traditional for us uh, more—spiritual? I think that’s the word. The AniWayans who really adhere to the whole culture and spirituality and whatnot, they fast during the coming week. I’m guessing it’s not really mandatory, so you don’t have to worry if you don’t want to—but basically, we don’t eat anything that has breathed air or water, meaning no meat, no mammals or birds or fish or anything.” He shrugged his white shoulder in acknowledgment of how attractive starving oneself of nutrition sounded. “We can eat plants, though, and I’m sure you medicine-types are there in case something goes awry.”

His ears came up and forward, and he grinned suddenly, awkwardly. “Actually—well—I was wondering, just now, if you might need any help? Finding herbs, I mean, for the whole process of uh—healing and whatnot.” He wagged his tail in hopes of being helpful.

+388

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
”Very experienced? Truthfully, no. I can no longer count on my fingers and toes how many times I’ve had to use my knowledge but I wouldn’t yet say very experienced.” Mihael felt a little embarrassed at that; he had not yet truly thought about that fact. He really was not anywhere near as experienced as he felt he was. Yet there had already been plenty of wolves asking for his help, he felt a little overwhelmed for a moment but lost this feeling when the other wolf began to speak again.

Mihael noticed that this wolf liked to ramble; he smiled at him as he changed subjects promptly with a little nudge from his guide. Mihael did not mind the ongoing speech, he was a good listener and he was interested in what he had to say.

The fast sounded very interesting to Mihael. He was absolutely intrigued; he had always considered himself to be a spiritual man even if he did not particularly have a set in stone set of beliefs. He had never had anyone around him that shared these feelings, so he had never had a way to express them. He had long known that AniWaya was a spiritual kind of pack but he hadn’t known much about ah…what they did.

When asked about finding herbs Mihael’s ears too perked up. He was actually quite low on the few that he generally kept with him and it was time that he replenished his supply. ”Actually yes I could use some help. I’m still not entirely used to this area and have been having a little trouble finding what I need.” He paused for a moment to think, he could have asked for help so long ago and he thought it was funny that he hadn’t. ”I guess I’m just still not entirely used to being in a pack again. With some help I probably could have gotten the herbs long ago.” He smiled and chuckled slightly.
[html]

Sorry for the wait! And for Una-rambling. xD

Mihael admitted that he wasn’t experienced, and Unatsikanogeni tried his hardest not to let any terrible dread show on in his face. He managed to nod and twitch, and then he began to babble to make himself feel better. “Well, I mean, better than if you could count the times on just your fingers, or just one hand, or if you couldn’t count—I mean, we’re all here to learn, right, unless someone loses a leg or something, then I guess I okay sorry Udanvti I’ll shut up.” He pointedly turned away from the doe, who flicked her big ears then snorted in what might have been disgust, amusement, or just to clear her spiritual nostrils.

There didn’t seem to be any negative expressions on the Kunikoti’s face when Una talked about the fast; by contrast, he seemed more or less interested in it. He made no comment, though, so Una wasn’t sure how he really felt, although it sounded crazy to his own ears when he’d talked about it. Was he still going to do it? Yeah, probably, now that he knew there was at least an inexperienced medicine man in the pack to snatch him from the brink of death.

Ah, haha.

The arctic wolf accepted the help, which made Unatsi grin slightly; he was eager to actually be useful, and he guessed that harvesting herbs might fall under the umbrella of the agriculture profession. It would help his standing in his pack, at least, and Creator knew he needed that. He inclined his head and said, “You’ll just have to describe the herbs to me. I mean, I don’t have all the names memorized, but maybe I can learn, and maybe I’ve seen the plants somewhere.” He waggled his ears in a gesture much like his spirit guide’s. “Although honestly, I’m not used to the area either. I was born into the Tribe—but the Great Tribe, the bigger piece of this colony. AniWaya is a whole new territory for me, but at least I’ve been here a few weeks, and it’s well enough like home.”

He smiled, bowed, and waited for Mihael to rattle off what he needed or otherwise take the lead.

+367

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]