Fading but holding on
[html]
Ayita Catori
But you never can run from

Nor hide what you've done from the eyes

The very eyes of Notre Dame

Word Count :: ### tada

She had come to relize that she was a fool blinded by childish ideals. She had to admit that she wondered why she had been doomed. She should have shifted, should have run should have done something. She was not stuck battered and broken laying on the floor hoping that time would pass for her. Shewanted to be out with her grand children enjoying her time with them.

She had been napping since Hati left her. She wasn't sure that the boy would ever be ok. She may be older and weaker but she didn't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. Once brilliant blue eyes were dulled with pain and lost of blood. There was pain radiating through her body all she wanted to do was read or get up and move but she couldn't Amaranth was no skilled hand and had to be walked through mostly resetting her leg.

Ayita shifted on the furs large secui form strange to her after not using it often enough. She could feel her broken ribs shifting and cracking nothing could be done. There were no healers in the court. She huffed looking at the floor.

table by marie

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Qwigley);
.eyes-template { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... s/eyes.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top right; background-color:#81a1b6; width:580px; height:540; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:40px 0px 10px 0px; color:#253c6b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.eyes-template .title {text-align:center;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:3px 300px 5px 5px; line-height:100%; color:#ffffff;}
.eyes-template .text {height:330px; width:300px; overflow:auto;}
.eyes-template b {color:#ffffff; }
.eyes-template p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.eyes-template p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.eyes-template .name {text-align:center; font-size:60px; margin:3px 300px 5px 5px;; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #35240c; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; color:#002f5c;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL
à cœur vaillant rien d'impossible

Word Count → 324

These past few months had put the world into perspective for the sun prince. It was not a place of light and warmth, of open lands and allies. It was not a storybook where good triumphed over evil.

His mother had been attacked.

Skoll raced across the Kingdom, muscles contracting tirelessly as his four paws pulled him closer and closer to home. His tongue spilled from his jaws, but his green eyes were wide open with desperation and panic. He didn’t even halt at the feel of hot pavement on his pads, which tore on the gravel as he sprinted faster than he’d ever sprinted before.

He had been removed from Court life lately, other than occasionally coming to see the injured Niro. As such, news of his mother’s assault had only just reached him, and now he was panicked. What if she didn’t make it? What would she think if her golden son showed up late? He had already caused a rift in the family, separating himself from his dark brother and his privileged sister. What kind of person would he be if he didn’t tend to his own mother?

The wolfdog finally reached the building, using paws and nose to open it in an old trick he learned since before he could shift. His lupus form was a comfort for him now, and he did feel like a child rather than the brutish teenager he’d grown up to be. He was scared, and ashamed, and he made his way to the room quickly, his tail tucked and his ears flat against his broad head.

Seeing the brown she-wolf sprawled on the floor, her body battered and bruised, was almost too much for Skoll. He whimpered and ran to her side, crouching close on the furs and leaning forward to nuzzle her tenderly. “Mama,” he whispered, falling into childish speech. “Mama, I’m sorry, I’m sorry I wasn’t here sooner, I love you, please…”

table by raze; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.knightskol-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.knightskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KtNrN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.knightskol .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.knightskol .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 150px;}
.knightskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:20px 5px 0px;}
.knightskol p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.knightskol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.knightskol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.knightskol b {font-family:georgia, serif;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Ayita was laying there all alone. She knew most had busy lives and she was just the annoyance at this point. She started to fall asleep. The silence just to much for the injured woman. She could feel herself falling asleep as the sound of foot steps stirred her a bit. She waited as the young wolf moved into the room. She could smell her son. She wondered what grand adventures he had been on lately. She was so proud of him, he took his youth by the horns and ran with it.

Please what? My sun chaser. She spoke her voice soft as she looked at him. Blue eyes opened and fell on to him. What was he thinking? Did he think they'd leave her dead right here? She smiled softly as she tried to lick him back. You children can't get rid of me that easily. She teased smiling as she looked at him. She would be ok with a few days rest and getting up and moving.

she was already feeling a little better just from having both her young sons come and visit with her. Why did you rush here? there no need you have so many adventures to go on. She asked forcing herself up this time. She wanted to look at him and talk to him though it hurt she couldn't just stay laying down.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug30 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f671d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1e4de; }
.freebaug30 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug30 {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#f9f9f9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ebt7e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605b58; padding: 5px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#80321c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug30 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug30 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL

Word Count → 251

The injured woman spoke, addressing him like he was a puppy again, her son, her sun chaser. He only pressed his ears flat and whimpered in response, nuzzling her again. He was so scared that she’d already be slipping away, or that she’d be different after dropping so close to death. It didn’t matter if she was out of the danger zone; he was still anxious and waiting fearfully for some sign that she wasn’t okay. He knew that Niro would never walk well again, or be able to run and hunt, and he didn’t want that to happen to his mother, too. He’d never really thought about it, but she’d taught him so much.

Skoll smiled a little at her teasing, her tongue flicking his muzzle in a reassuring kiss. “You’re tough, Mama,” he agreed. While his strength and drive belonged to the king that was his father, his determination and sheer willpower to fight came from her.

He shook his head at her question, wincing slightly as she sat up. He knew it would be pointless to tell her to lie back down, so he only shrugged his shoulders and lowered his head. “It’s not—” He tried to find words to describe what he’d been doing lately, but he was ashamed. “I haven’t really been a good son lately,” he managed, his voice thick with suppressed tears. “No adventures, and no helping others like I should, which is why I was so scared and I came so fast…”

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.knightskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KtNrN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.knightskol .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.knightskol .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 150px;}
.knightskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:20px 5px 0px;}
</style>

[/html]
Ayita smiled as she looked at her son. She hurt so bad but laying there was boring her she wanted to walk but breaking her own damn leg was not fun. She had broken ribs and cuts the Hati had finished cleaning. All would be better soon she knew that. She was glad to have a family like what she had.

Ayita chuckled a bit as she winced in pain. Oh skoll you are young so you are not always doing good deeds or always on an adventure. life is long and life will do as a life does She found it funny to be talking to her kids like this. She once wanted to do so much and be everywhere but she couldn't

Now Skoll why don't we just relax and talk hmm. I havent seen much of you I guess god sent me this as a way to reconnect with my family. She really did believe that it was funny in a sense. God did things in strange ways and she would do her best to keep living and keep going with her life no matter what.
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL

Word Count → 308; Sorry for the bad post. :c

His mother didn’t seem to understand why he was upset, and he wondered how she could still smile when she was obviously hurting so badly. Would she still smile if she knew what he’d done? He frowned and flattened his ears but said nothing, still hunched close to her, lending as much comfort as he could but wanting her comfort as well. It was an awkward position, since he’d wanted to be the protective male, the strong son, ever since Liam had abandoned them to journey north. He wasn’t used to wanting to whimper like a puppy and just lose himself to his fear.

His brow furrowed when she mentioned God, and Skoll wondered why He would let such a bad thing happen just for that purpose. Then again, the children had all been more independent lately, each pursuing their own path, that it would have taken something drastic to bring them together. The thought ashamed him, and he found that he had to blurt out what had been nagging at him.

“I got in a fight with Hati,” the creamy-gold boy confessed, and he looked down at his paws. He could remember striking his dark brother, and taking advantage of his size blow after blow. The violence disgusted him now, even if they’d shed very little blood. He’d turned into a monster for all of three minutes, and the emotions had curdled in his belly until he turned into a brat. “Maybe he told you,” he added weakly, imagining how the moon prince might have spun the tale. “I said hateful things to him and … we fought. And that’s why I said I haven’t been a good son, because I haven’t, and I can’t protect my family if I’m fighting with them or if I don’t pay attention to know they’ve been hurt by someone else…”

<style>
</style>

[/html]