And that's why I smile!
[html]
360 | Early morning in Jordheim, at Ink's house.
◄ I N K ►

Ink woke up that morning in his house for the first time ever. He'd claimed the house and since then, he'd traveled on horseback to finish off his tasks before finally settling down. He'd learned all he could handle about his father now and refused to even bother trying to find out more. He'd chosen the house nearest Tem's that included a private walk and liked the result of his efforts- a few things had been added. Pelts, chests, various items of interest- nothing important, really. He still carried his guitar with him wherever he went, as well as that silver ring he'd almost lost to Gemma...

That morning, he'd woken up especially early. His first trip was made to the stables to tend to Jericho and any other horses who seemed to need some fresh hay or a clean stall. He worked for an hour on that and finally found himself satisfied with the job by the time morning's light shone through the trees. The stable was clean, the horses were fed and Jericho had been allowed to roam once she'd eaten her fill. All that was left to do now...

...was nothing. Wander. Explore. Scout the borders, maybe? He wasn't sure. He'd never been in a pack before. The stable thing had been his job before coming here and seeing the messy condition it was in from a night lacking attention, he'd decided to clean it and tend to the horses. Their owners would get a happy surprise, now. His job was done.

So he moved on. He wandered back into town and settled down to play his guitar on the green hill that made up his house. His legs dangled down in front of his door as he played, singing along softly as not to wake anyone sleeping nearby. The boy was happy enough. He had Tem nearby if he needed anything and Saul wasn't far away either. He was safe and secure for the first time since his mother's death and he didn't feel the need to wander anymore. This place was his home, now. This house, this pack, this territory... was his.

[/html]
[html]
8B sorry i crapped out this longass post

Andara wasn't used to having time to relax. Ever since her birth, she'd hardly stopped moving. The girl had been shipped overseas and gotten herself lost in the northeast corner of an unknown country. Somehow, though, fate had led her here, to Vinátta. Lilin, Miskunn, Temeraire-- they weren't exactly the family she'd imagined, but they were the only one she had now. Terik was long gone, and she was starting to even forget her parents and siblings faces.

Thankfully, the traveling Australian she'd met had given her that adorable little Tiger Quoll pup, and Andara had been busy with her every day. Since the russet Ethiopian knew no Australian names, she'd loving named the little thing Efra. The quoll pup had already grown quite a bit in the month that she'd had her. Her spots were larger and her fur was darker. Andy knew nothing of low speech, so communicating with the creature was hard, but Efra followed her around without hassle. The Hollr still thought that her new friend looked a lot like a rat. The quoll was softer, though.

Even as she walked through Jordheim, the little Australian creature scurried behind her, getting distracted and stopping to sniff at something every now and then. Andy had to keep a close eye on her pet, whose curiosity sometimes even outmatched her own.

Take today, for instance. Andara had the mind to go off and hunt for the both of them, knowing that both herself and the pup would be hungry soon. She had even been sure to walk on the outskirts of the small village, going around even the empty homes. But this time it seemed that the little quoll had other ideas. Instead of following at Andara's heels as she turned to head north, she took off the other way.

Andy called out to her friend to no avail, remembering quickly that the quoll wouldn't understand anyways. She hurried to catch up, her small ears picking up a faint sound as neared one of the houses she'd thought was unoccupied. Andara spotted the quoll just as she darted toward house, following the familiar plucking sound of quiet music. When she finally caught up to the spotted pup, she was sniffing a stranger, playing guitar on the roof-that-was-also-a-hill. It took Andy a moment for her surprise to wear off and her words to form. "Efra, get back here!" she shouted as she moved toward the pup and scooped her up quickly. Her small ears pinned to her head as she backed away with her pet clutched to her chest. "Sorry," she mumbled, glaring down at the animal. "She's very good at interrupting..." Andara took a step back, peering north, unsure whether to stay or return to her errand. Efra, though, seemed intent on hearing the song.

<style type="text/css">
.kudara .space {width:240px; height:300px; float:right;}
.kudara b {font-weight:bold; color:#87382e; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kudara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kudara {margin:0px auto; max-width:600px; width:90%; min-width:500px; background-color:#b6733e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jKRsQ.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #623e21; padding:5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#623e21; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
279 | It's all good! Big Grin Sorry if mine are so short! xD
◄ I N K ►

Ink hadn't stopped playing when the little creature came trotting up to him. He looked down and smiled at her, actually, as he continued to play but stopped singing. "Hey little cutie. Never seen anything like you before." The thing was sniffing at him and he flicked his tail around to brush against its nose in response, using movements to greet it properly in what little low speech he understood. Long ears picked up a shout, then the sound of pawsteps coming closer. He hadn't noticed the girl approaching until she'd spoken and scooped the little thing into her arms. He stopped playing.

"Oh, no, it's fine. I should apologize- seems I played the piper's song for this little one." He grinned, nodding to the spotty thing and then offering the girl a smile. "Please, if you have the time, feel free to stay. I take requests." He cracked his knuckles and started to pluck a soft, easy tune- something to fill the silence.

Normally, the boy was shy. He tripped over his words and feared social interactions more than anything else. Except today, he felt good. Today, he'd been playing so just as any day, when someone caught him in the middle of his inspirations, he felt social enough to act calmly and collected. "My name's Ink. I'm a new member, got recruited by Tem about a week ago." He plucked a lively chord and then grinned. "May I know the name of my admirer and her lovely friend?" He'd leave it up to her which one was the Quoll and which was her. For a shy guy, he sure was being social as of late.

[/html]
[html]
short posts are okay with me brah

Andara struggled against Efra's growing strength as the spotted quoll tried to pry away from her grasp and run back to her new friend. The Ethiopian's brow furrowed in frustration, looking between her pet and the stranger until he offered that they stay and listen. "Oh, uhm..." Andara wasn't the most social creature, but her small friend had other ideas. "Alright," she shrugged, a bit begrudgingly. Finally, the girl relented and the pup leaped from her arms and scurried back beside the white hybrid, sniffing at him curiously as he played.

The russet and cream girl stepped closer to the pale boy, getting a better look at him now. His fur was like Temeraire's inverted. Once she noticed that, she couldn't help but look on in interest. Somehow, she wasn't surprised when he said that he knew the Stormbringer boy. Ink couldn't have been too much older than her, but his ears were huge. Immediately, she felt ashamed, her own small ears tucked into her shaggy red mop to hide her betrayed lineage. While Efra was already busy making friends, Andy would have to take it more slowly.

Slowly, she folded herself onto the ground in a sit, her thin legs making a pretzel beneath her. Andara was not well-versed in matters of romance, so his comment only earned a confused look from her. His music was nice, though. "I'm Andara," she said, letting the flowery question slide. Lilac gaze swiveled to her pet and she said, "And that's Efra." The Tiger quoll had yet to learn her own name, but at the sound of Andy's voice she turned her spotty head and sniffed at the air adorably.

<style type="text/css">
.kudara .space {width:240px; height:300px; float:right;}
.kudara b {font-weight:bold; color:#87382e; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kudara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kudara {margin:0px auto; max-width:600px; width:90%; min-width:500px; background-color:#b6733e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jKRsQ.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #623e21; padding:5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#623e21; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
338 | Mew!
◄ I N K ►

The boy was glad that she'd decided to stay. The tune he played became a touch quicker, sharper, but still enjoyable and soothing to the ears- like rain, except warm. He leaned over to chirp playfully at the quoll- Efra- before dipping back up to look over to Andara. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Andara, Efra." He tilted his head to her from his perch and his charming smile remained. "So how long have you been in Vinatta? I'm new, myself. Just joined a week or so ago, thanks to Tem."

From where he sat, he decided to take in his new friends' appearances. The spotty Efra was a cute little thing with an adorable face and demeanor. He envied the unique look the little quoll had and wondered where Andara had ever found the little thing. Perhapes he'd have to find a little friend of his own, someone to share the house with him where Jericho couldn't. Someone, something, Jerri would get along with.

His eyes traveled up to his brown furred friend. Purple eyes caught his interest first- he'd never seen anyone with those eyes before. Lovely. He also appreciated the rest of her, tiny ears and all. In fact, noticeing her ears, he couldn't help but comment- he didn't seem to notice her own glance to his oversized ears and the way she'd flatened hers in shame. He smiled, though. "You've got very cute ears, by the way. I envy them." He twitched his own back, grinning almost stupidly as he realized how stupid he must've sounded. Envied them? Well sure, he did- his got in the way all the time, especially during scuffles and while riding, always getting tugged by branches and stuff. Easy targets and they made him look like a freakin' rabbit- especially now, since he'd lost his puppy fat. "Ah... sorry if that sounded weird. I meant it as a compliment." White fur did a surprisingly good job at hiding what could've been a blush on his cheeks.

[/html]