Let's go for a picnic, friend!
[html]
Dated for the ninth.

The previous day had been far more eventful than originally planned. While he'd spent the morning doing his usual thing, later that day he'd met a lady named Colibri Haki, who'd asked for his help hunting. He'd goofed up a few times at first but after some helpful tips and encouragement, he'd managed to actually make his first real kill. But that was a while ago, now. His stomach had long since started to cry out for more and he knew that soon, he'd have to find himself some food.

It was as he left his house to do so and looked upon his friend's home across the way that he realized something- he hadn't hung out with Tem since the contrasting boy had recruited him. Curious to see if he'd join in the hunt, Ink trotted on down to his friend's front door and gave a quick rap of the knuckles, hoping he was home.

As he waited there, he considered a few things. While he was hungry, he also had to go and see to Jericho later. The mare hadn't been let out of her stall yet today and she'd need the excersize. Perhapes that would come after a meal and he knew that Tem had a horse himself. Perhapes they could let the two out together, get them used to eachother and eventually go riding together. It'd be a great way to get to know his new friend better and a healthy interaction for the ever anti-social Jerri. He added that to his list of things to mention once Tem answered the door.

<style type="text/css">
.blue b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9e0e5;}
.blue p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.blue {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#0f0e2d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RsVDS.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Bujaa.png);
background-position: center top, center bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; padding: 100px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e90b3; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

[389]
-claps hands- yaaaaay ninja tem! -snort-

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

The day before had been a bit different from his usual roaming from Vinátta. Since his Uncles 'intervention' Temeraire had realised just how unprotected he was, but it hadn't managed to dampen his curiosity about the world outside of Vinátta. Instead, the previous day he'd sought his father out- who had been fairly preoccupied to say the least- to ask his permission to leave the packlands. It had taken the thrill out of it, but he understood a little more than he had how oblivious he had been. His uncle had been able to sneak up on him and 'attack' him with an ease that shook the boy, so it had been better than nothing to ask permission to leave than not at all. He was glad he had gone though- he'd met Lena and since returning to Vinátta the blind female had been running through his mind. She was fun and playful, but he couldn't help worrying about her safety and every time he found himself with these thoughts, he'd snorted and pushed them away.

The rough bark between his hands was comfortable despite his hands being new to him. Since he'd shifted a few weeks ago, he been unable to stay away from the trees. At first he'd been hesitant about the branches that overlapped throughout most of Vinátta, but in the last few days a confidence had lightened his steps, steadied his balance and strengthened his grips. It had taken only a few times for him to grow comfortable in the trees and today he'd moved through the trees with an agility he sometimes didn't feel when on the ground. He was moving back towards his house in Jordheim, confidant black hands swinging off a branch as a piebald foot reached a low hanging branch.

The thud of knuckles on wood caused him to duck down, head hanging out in the open to see a familiar figure despite the novelty of Ink actually being in Jordheim. He couldn't help a grin as he allowed his body to slip gracefully down off the branch, legs bent to absorb the impact. He turned towards his friend, tail flashing back and forth behind him. Lookin' for me? He questioned from behind the white male, a crooked grin remaining on his lips as he waited for his new friends response.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 202 Short. x:

Ink startled big time when Teme appeared somewhere other than his doorway. He whirled to face him fully and grinned sheepishly. "Crafty! Where'd you even..." He looked around and noticed the still quivering branches above them. For a moment, he stared, then laughed. "So that's what it is! You're part squirrel!" He offered his contrasting friend a soft punch to the arm, his tone teasing. "Tem, you bring a whole new meaning to the term Tree Hugger, y'know that?"

A moment later, he was done with teasing. He stepped back and cocked his hips out to the side, tilting his head. "Hey, listen, I was hoping you'd be free for a few hours. I'm going over to the stables to let Jerri out and wondered if you'd want to come too? We can introduce Jericho and Helexia to eachother and see how they click." He pointed his thumb over his shoulder towards the general area of the stables, tail curled up behind him in controlled excitement for the idea. "Maybe go hunting later, see what we can bring back." He shrugged at the last part, not really looking forward to it as much as the horses thing- hunting wasn't his specialty.

<style>
.inkcrow { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SGYm2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; background-color:#ffffff; width:480px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#85939b; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; }
.inkcrow b {color:#000000; }
.inkcrow p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkcrow p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

[398]
-claps hands- yaaaaay ninja tem! -snort-

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

Keen blue eyes saw the slightest of jumps through the contrasting males body and allowed a playful snicker to escape him as his friend whirled around to face him, a grin on the males face. His words caused a deeper laugh from the boy at Ink's half asked question, before the swinging branch he'd dropped from was noted and his teasing increased. Yeah... I didn't know how to tell you any other way... He taunted back, before Ink's next words caused a amiable chuckle to escape him. They hug me back.... He tried for an innocent look but it quickly dissolved into a cackle of amusement at his friends teasing. He'd never had this kind of thing from Elias, but he found he quite liked the ribbing from his friend.

The altered stance of his friend was noted, before the boys suggestion was listened to and Tem couldn't help the enthusiastic nod of his head. They wouldn't be able to ride together for a long time, more to the point that Teme didn't know how to ride let along the fact that Hex was only a few months old. That'd be great! I can't ride her yet... or ride at all actually, but it would be great to see how they got on. Hex's mum might not be too happy about it, but Maia's in with Hermes anyway so it should be fine. He told the white male, his tail swishing eagerly back and forth. He was pleased to know that Ink had similar interests to himself and seemed to be at the same life stage as him- they were both on the cusp of learning to hunt properly instead of stalking rabbits without much success.

It was pleasing to see that the male was on the same wavelength as him, because just a few moments later he suggested a hunt. From a rather boring morning exploring the trees to a activity packed afternoon, Temeraire found a beaming smile on his face. I can't hunt properly yet... but it would be good to practise. He agreed, hoping he wouldn't make a fool of himself in front of his new friend. With a grin, he gestured for Ink to join him as he moved towards the Stables. How have you been? Are you enjoying Vinátta? He questioned, blue eyes hopeful that he was doing well in the pack.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 254 Trololol this post is bad.

At Tem's mention of not riding yet, an idea springed to Ink's mind. "You can't ride?" He perked his ears as they started walking, hands slipping into his pockets casually. "Y'know, Jerri likes you. I'm sure she wouldn't mind you riding her. I could teach you so you're ready when Hex is old enough." There was still the matter of training the other boy's filly. A horse had to be taught how to give rides just as much as the rider being taught how to ride. Ink made a note to help his friend with that part later.

He admitted his lack of hunting skills and Ink laughed. "We'll probably catch something between the two of us. I went hunting with someone the other day. She gave me some tips." He was sure they'd catch at least something, maybe.

Then, it was a question of how he'd settled in so far. "Oh man!" He tossed his head back with a grin to end all grins. "It's great. I've met a few packmates. Andara, Niernan, went hunting with Colibri..." His grin only widened at the thought of his newest friends. Andara stood out amongst the rest- he planned on getting to know her better, in hopes of gaining her as a lasting friend like he had Tem. "Vinatta's awesome. I think I'ma be sticking around for a long, long time." His grin became a smirk as he reached an elbow out to nudge his friend's side. "Better get used to me now, eh?"

<style>
.inkcrow { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SGYm2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; background-color:#ffffff; width:480px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#85939b; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

[472]
-chews-

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

Ink's question caused a swift shake of his head. He'd considered asking his father for lessons, but he could never quite find the right time to ask him and he always felt as if his father didn't really have enough time to help him properly. He listened, white rimmed ears flashing forward and a bright grin stretched his lips at his friends suggestion. He might not be able to ride Helexia for a long while, at the very least a year and that was a long time not to really know the ins and outs of riding. How was he supposed to teach Hex anything if he didn't know how to ride at all. It was a good idea, to say the least and Temeraire felt the eager nod of his head as he turned to look at him. You'd teach me to ride? That would be great! He exclaimed, white tipped tail swinging easily behind him as the pair walked towards the stables.

Thoughts turned to hunting and the happy sound of Ink's laughter. It was good to hear the boy laugh, even if it was at the expense of his poor hunting skills. His friends reassurances were met with a happy smile and he chuckled softly at Ink's words on getting some tips. His father had taught him a lot about stalking prey, remaining quiet, downwind and using the forest to ones advantage. He'd only put these taught skills into practise once or twice and had only had a partial success once. It would be good to share the experience with Ink and see if the male knew more than him to help him out. I'm sure we'll be able to catch something He repeated, confidence in his voice. It was easy to be confident when simply talking about it, it would be a different matter when it came down to it.

The excitement that rolled off his new friend in waves was infectious and Tem couldn't help the crooked grin that widened his smile. He listened with rapt interest, blue eyes searching the boys white face. He wasn't surprised when he recognised the names given- aside from a handful of the newer members Temeraire was acquainted with everyone in Vinátta. Niernan's my Uncle and Coli is like, some kind of half aunt to me. He offered the information with a rough shrug of his shoulders, but secretly he was glad Ink had met some of his family members. Ink's declaration caused a whooping laugh to come from the boy, who could contain his excitement no longer and launched himself forward, hands catching expertly on a branch to swing forward before he released and landed a few yards away. I'm sure I can put up with you for a while yet... He teased, a chuckling laugh scrunching his face up.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 220 Hope the pp's okay. x:

Ink couldn't help but laugh at his friend's antics, swinging from trees like a monkey or something, poking jokes in here and there. The rest of their conversation was stupid teenage boy stuff, really- nothing of great importance.

The two boys made they way to the stables in good time. Ink led the way inside, heading straight for Jerri's stall. The mare lifted her head and whickered at him, as if to ask him what had taken him so long. Ink grinned. "A'ight girl, we've got some new plans for today. Tem needs some lessons and Hex could use a friend." He purred to her, reaching over to grab hold of her reigns and slipping them over and other her head just so. "You'll play nice, okay? I know we're all youngin's with no real manners, but you're the eldest here, so be a good example, okay?"

The mare seemed to understand most of what he'd said. She nudged him with a good amount of force and he stumbled, laughing. "A'ight, enough of that! Let's get you saddled up, okay?" She made some more sounds but nothing worth mentioning, really. The boy shimmied into the stall and started working on her tack. "Hey Tem! C'mere." He waved his friend over, waiting until he came to do anything else.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

[354]
no problem hun

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

Despite his antics, the pair moved through Jordheim and north towards the stables with an ease and amiability that belied their brief time knowing each other. Despite the fact that Ink was a new addition in Tem's life, he felt as though he'd always been there and that they knew each other well despite actually knowing very little. They were similar in personality, that was for certain and despite their contrasting colouring, the pair suited well. The stables came into view and Tem couldn't help the vibration of excitement through his body. He understood that his dad was busy most of the time, but a riding lesson wouldn't have taken too long. He couldn't resent it though, his friend was going to teach him. Temeraire waited outside while Ink entered the stables. He could hear his friends words and chuckled softly to himself.

Their playful banter was envied by the male, who could only really play with Helexia at the moment. She would grow up into a good horse and they would have a strong bond, but it was easy to see how getting a horse when they were older and more experienced was beneficial to those who were inexperienced themselves. He was an impatient male at heart but he knew he couldn't rush this. He knew it would be difficult when the time came to actually start training her, getting her used to weight on her back and commands that would help him ride her. His father had told him that much at least and he was glad the elder Stormbringer had had a foal before. He knew little about Arete other than that she was given to Melee, his fathers adoptive niece. It all got confusing when adoptive relations were added into it.

He was pulled from his thoughts at Ink's request and he bounded forward eagerly. He came in, hand curving around Helexia's velvet soft muzzle once before he moved to stand close to Jericho and Ink. He had no idea what his friend might want with him. Whats up? He asked, blue eyes dancing with excitement at their little lesson.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 451 Buncha horse lingo.

Ink grinned sheepishly as Tem came in to stand beside him. He held up the saddle, an item rarely used on Jerri now that they'd settled. Ink preferred bareback, though Jerri didn't care either way. "Alright, first lesson is tack. Riding comfortably is important for both rider and horse, so the right tack is equally important." He grinned moving the saddle onto the mare's back in a way that Tem could see what he was doing. "Always make sure, if you're using a saddle, that there's a saddle blanket underneath- otherwise, it's uncomfortable for the horse. The blanket keeps the saddle in place and helps protect the horse from chafing and sore spots."

His lesson continued in much the same way. He explained each point as it came, from what parts of the saddle were used for what, and how to strap it properly to fit the horse's back comfortably. Comfort was a big deal with tack. He even showed Tem how to work the reigns and how to put it on. "Jericho's trained to recognise low speech above all else. Touch and sound, clicks and nudges." He explained as he led the mare out of her stall, finally.

"Go bring Hex out. We'll set her up with a lead and bring her with us as you ride. It'll get her used to the idea and give her some good excersize." He moved to stop at Hex's stall and reached into the empty one beside it, pulling out a length of rope. "Bring her over and I'll set her up with a halter. It'll get her used to wearing headgear and I'll lead her while you ride." He grinned, already working the rope into a make-shift halter for the filly. "A halter's also called a head collar. It's for leading and tieing horses, not for riding."

He'd point out Jerri's headgear, which was made custom for her out of leather and rabbit fur. "Jericho's actually wearing a Bridle, or more specifically, a Hackamore. A bitless one, cause she's never liked bits." He'd reach a hand up and prop his mare's mouth open to show off the lack of bit. "There're plenty of different kinds of tack. Finding what's comfortable and suited to your riding style isn't too hard, but it's important to know what works early on. Jericho's been trained for long rides and heavy loads, so the less stress she's under, the better she is." The boy was rambling now, enjoying being able to teach about this kind of thing. He'd let Tem speak whenever, though, finally quieting down once he'd explained the difference between the halter he'd tied for Hex and the Hackamore Bridle Jericho wore.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

[410]
Tem's prolly all like 0.o horseh stuff!

Teme Lupus is by Alaine!

The piece of equipment upheld by his contrasting friend caused a furrow of the males eyebrows for a moment before the now comforting sound of the Trovato's voice sounded. White rimmed ears flickered forward as he listened to his friend stressing the importance of making the horse comfortable. The word 'tack' was a foreign one to him, but he immediately attached it to the piece of equipment in Ink's hand, and the headpiece encasing Jericho's face. Stepping forward, an avidly interested student, Temeraire watched as Ink explained about saddle blankets. So that explained about the piece of equipment- now identified as a 'saddle'. Like a sponge, the boy absorbed the information, storing everything that was offered with an interested look on his face and a small smile on his lips.

Next came an extensive explanation about the saddle- stirrups and girths, pommels and the seat of the saddle. He remained quiet, grunting and nodding every now and again to indicate that he understood what Ink was telling him. He was surprised when Ink explained that Jerri was trained to recognise low speech, but thinking about it he supposed it made a lot of sense. Nodding softly, he was startled slightly when his friend requested Helexia's presence. He grinned and ducked into the stable as he continued to explain about having the foal walk alongside them. He glanced over to spot Ink's pulling and shaping a bit of rope, explaining about head collars and their uses. He nodded again, feeling no need to interrupt his friend- he was a good teacher, patiently explaining everything so that Tem wasn't confused and didn't have to ask anything.

He allowed Ink to tie the makeshift headcollar onto the filly, who tossed her head and nearly shied away before Teme laid a soothing hand on her flank and encouraged her to stand still for the moment. All the new terms that were flying around would take a while to get used to, but he leaned in eagerly to see Ink life the mares mouth, revealing a lack of 'bit'. What is a 'bit'? He questioned, blue eyes a touch confused. What does it do? It was perhaps the only terminology that hadn't been explained. He hadn't wanted to interrupt and was glad that Ink explained about finding the right 'tack' and what Jerri was trained for. She's such a good horse. The Stormbringer boy cooed softly, patting her shoulder softly in a sign of affection.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]