life is a perception of your own reality
[html]
WC:322

Despite the stormy-looking skies above, Ehno chose to spend the day outside. The clouds above, heavy with rain, clashed together with a boom of thunder. But the pesky clouds had been at that all day. The noise seemed more like a warning than anything, as it was presently calm, as it had been all morning. The only sign that the storm would be coming later was the simple drizzling rain that had been around, on and off, all afternoon. Knowing that he had survived worse storms than the one approaching--and at sea, no less--the boy chose to wander over to Rabbit Lake once more.

He couldn't exactly associate the pristine lake with anything pleasant. After all, it was here that Savina had informed him of the tragic events back home. The lake was the polar opposite to Syemv beach in his mind, where he had first stumbled upon his sister and experienced the happy reunion after one long year of separation. In a way, it was almost seemed appropriate that he felt differently about the two areas. It closely resembled his thoughts during his year long journey. The water of the lake was enclosed, destined never to stray far from its current location. It represented staying in one place, being content with never seeing the world. But the sea, that body of water was free and vast, filled with endless possibilities, just like the world around him had been.

Yet he began to feel weary of traveling, finding that he secretly longed to have a place to call home once more. So he was content here in Twilight Vale, just wandering about the pack lands and visiting the nearby lands every so often. Ehno came to a stop once he reached the lake’s edge, peering down into the waters. With a slight sigh, the Italian boy settled down near the water, half-heartedly dipping a paw into the cool liquid.
[/html]
[html]
http://i30.tinypic.com/124c39x.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fff; outline: 1px solid #9C9C9C; background-color: #286ABD;">

It's a luscious mix of words and tricks

The small framed female knew that her time at Twilight Vale was drawing to a close, and rapidly. The wound on her neck was healed, she could once again fully turn it in either direction without pain or tearing the muscles, and while the fur on her neck was still growing back slowly, she no looking looked road kill. Her hind leg too was mostly healed and she could walk with it again though she limped noticeably she knew that in a few more weeks time, aside from a few more patches of fur that had yet to grow in, most evidence of her incident would be behind her. Without the excuse of healing here in Twilight Vale, she hadn’t any good reason to avoid her pack lands any longer, already two of her members had come searching for their Rosea and Cercelee still felt that she had let both of them down. Cercelee hadn’t gotten much information from either of them, but surely the war was dying down– it had been going on too long already. She knew that her pack and Inferni had a large skirmish but more than that she didn’t know, she only hoped that signaled an end to the fighting.

As she moved slowly through the Twilight Vale pack lands, looking up to the sky now and then to judge if it would rain or not, Cercelee took in all she could. The ivory color coated wolf knew that after she left here she probably wouldn’t be back to visit often, Dahlia de Mai would be weary of her leaving them again, and she owed it to them to dedicate all her time and efforts to the pack. Cercelee stepped lightly, gliding over the lands and toward the lake, somewhere she had spent many of her days here, and as she did she felt like a ghost. Twilight Vale had almost become like another life to her, she hadn’t thought much about Dahlia de Mai or it’s members or really anything here, and now that life was slowly dying and Cercelee would have to return to her original one. In a week or two’s time she might not even be here any longer, wouldn’t see Savina or Khaden and that felt strange to her. Nor would she meet new people everyday, like the male that was just yards away now, staring into the lake. She would go back to focuses on those she already knew in Dahlia de Mai.

“Hello sir. I hope I’m not intruding?” Cercelee walked up easily to him, stopping short a few feet and bowing her head slightly. If she was intruding she could easily turn and limp away back the way she came, but she had looked forward to sitting by the lake, and now that she saw a male doing the same, it would have been rude not to have greeted him. “My name is Cercelee, I’ve been staying here in Twilight Vale, are you new?” The stranger certainly smelled of Twilight Vale, but not as strongly as the other members of the pack did, and even Cercelee, who technically lived somewhere else, had the scent of Twilight Vale clinging more strongly to her pelt.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Ehno enjoyed the relatively calm silence of the lake, looking up every so often at the sky as it rumbled to announce the coming of a storm. Yes, yes, he thought, There’s going to be a storm. I get it. Despite the constant grumbling of the sky, he was enjoying his time at the lake. He dipped his head toward the cool liquid, lapping up some of the refreshing water. Sitting back, he glanced around the horizon idly.

He spotted the woman approaching at about the same time he realized the shuffling sound he heard was her footsteps. Quietly, he watched her limp toward the lake before stopping a short distance away from him. He could see the clear evidence that she had been in a scuffle recently, though her wounds were quite nearly healed. The Corvus decided to make no mention of it, unsure if it would be a tender subject to tread upon.

A smile appeared on his features at her polite words and introduction. “You’re not intruding at all. You’re welcome to join me, if you’d like.” He motioned to the spot next to him, inviting her to sit. “And, yes, I am new here. Ehno Marino’s the name. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Cercelee.” He brought his amber gaze up to her own. “You say you’re staying here in Twilight Vale? Does that mean you come from another pack?” he asked curiously. He could catch the scent of Twilight Vale on her quite strongly, but there was something else there, a scent that was quite faded. He wanted to assume it was from another pack, but he could have very well been imagining it.
[/html]
[html]
http://i30.tinypic.com/124c39x.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fff; outline: 1px solid #9C9C9C; background-color: #286ABD;">

The male offered her a seat and Cercelee hobbled over to take it, easing herself down next to the male as gracefully as she could manage. Ehno Marino, the name had an amusing ring to it. The question that she had expected didn’t take long to leave Ehno’s lips, but Cercelee was prepared to answer it. Normally she explained to others before the questions could ever be asked. “Yes, I come from Dahlia de Mai. However, I had a run in with an ill tempered coyote and I’ve been healing up here for the past few weeks. I’m almost better though, so I will return home soon.” The words were sugar coated, though Ehno would have no idea until Cercelee expanded, which she would. Although admitting the truth made her feel like a failure, she had surprised herself with her honestly while staying in Twilight Vale. When she wished she could still switch off her emotions, but she found that she was more open than she would be back home. Even when Desaevio and Slay had come, she had not been completely at ease as she had been with the strangers she met and the members of Twilight Vale.

“I don’t know if you’ve heard talk about the war between Inferni and Dahlia de Mai, but that’s the real reason I’m here. I refuse to be a part of it, despite the coyote’s attempt to draw me in.” Cercelee smiled feebly. She wore the marks of a battle, but she had only fought back for fear of her life, not out of malice for the clan that waged war on her own pack. “I suppose that makes me a pretty poor leader, but Dahlia seems to be getting on without me. I wonder though, when I return, what they will say.” She let the words hang in the air, offering no more. If Ehno thought her a coward he probably wouldn’t be the first one, but she knew better. She knew why she was here and not there.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Ehno watched silently as Cercelee carefully took a seat next to him. Quitely and respectfully, he listened as she spoke. Her words offered him a great insight to the lands he now belonged to. Before the Italian boy had no idea if there were any packs beside Twilight Vale in the area, though it appeared that there were at least two others: Dahlia de Mai, and this coyote clan Inferni. And a war between them? He felt oblivious for not knowing about it beforehand, yet he was glad at the same time that his new home was not involved in the fighting.

Amber eyes widened slightly as Cercelee revealed herself to be a leader of one of the warring packs. Ehno wasn’t too sure what to think of the situation. He knew that if he were leading a pack, he would stay and fight to protect the other members. But if he didn’t believe in the cause, would he still stay and fight? He knew that he would. The male gazed down at the lake in front of him, a number of thoughts running through his head. Maybe Cercelee had other reasons for seeking refuge from the war behind Twilight Vale’s borders. She seemed nice enough; Ehno had no reason to believe (yet) that she would simply abandon her pack without reason. But that protective part of him said that it was ridiculous that he was sitting there making excuses for the stranger. No matter how he looked at it, her actions, at least partly, were the acts of a coward.

Of course that rational part of his mind fought that thought once more, making him aware that it would be foolish to make assumptions without knowing the whole story. "I had no idea that there was a war being fought outside these borders." It probably didn't help that he had yet to leave the pack lands since he arrived. "I could understand wanting to avoid fighting if you don't believe in the cause... but who is there to lead the pack if you're spending your time here?"
[/html]
[html]
     You want to try to finish this up quickly before the forum goes POOF?

Cercelee shrugged at the male’s question. She knew from the words, from his voice, what he thought of her revelation. Others thought similarly about her actions, but she knew that whether she was here or with her pack, her presence made little different. The small framed female had no skills in fighting, didn’t have the heart to rally the members to fight a war she did not feel was justifiable. “My co-leader. He is far more qualified than I am in matters like these. I wasn’t even suppose to be the highest ranking leader, the pack was left to me when our other Rosea left us. Even if I were there instead of here, I would be a distraction. I don’t want them playing doctor to me if their minds are on blood lust.” She knew that not all the members were so keen on the war, she could return and have Slay stay with her, because she doubted that the male was fighting anyway, but she didn’t want to worry him. Didn’t want to worry any of them. Didn’t want to give them another reason to be reckless and risk their lives.

Shifting her weight into a more comfortable position she smiled at the male. Cercelee didn’t quite care if he thought her cowardly, she never did care what others thought about her. If others disagreed with her actions she just ignored it, blocked out their criticism. Colibri too had chastised her for the war, for not stopping it, but Cercelee couldn’t have stopped it. When two forces were so blind in hatred and indignation it was sometimes easier to let them fight it out and bind their wounds once it was all over. And easier than arguing was the change the subject completely. “You come from across the ocean?”

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
That's fine with me. We could always move it to another forum if it takes too long?

He accepted the change of subject without question. It was understandable that se didn’t want to continue to discuss the war. The fact that she was here to avoid it, along with the defensive edge to the reply to his question was enough to warn him that if their conversation continued on this track, it wouldn’t be pleasant.

Ehno simply nodded at first in response to her question. Idly, he pawed at the water as he remembered his adventure at sea. “Yes,” he said after a moment, finally thinking he should elaborate. “I was born in a place called Italy, if you’ve ever heard of it. Eventually I decided to wander around the continent, and before I knew it I was on a ship. Shortly after that I ended up stranded here.” It was the most condensed version of his tale, good for just quickly explaining his story and possibly gauging interest; he didn’t want to bore her with details if she didn’t care to hear them.
[/html]
[html]
     Excuse Cer while she has a revelation.

Cercelee nodded at the male’s words. He seemed content enough to let the subject of her pack pass and she was grateful for that. Italy eh? How many wolves came from across the ocean, a lot it seemed. “Yes, I’ve heard of Italy. Savina, a pack member here, came from there.” Cercelee paused, realizing what she had said. Savina had said his name before, she remembered the sable female’s words as if they had spoken yesterday. All that is left for me in Italy are Ehno and Ghita, and they might not even be there. Savina had seemed so lost for those brief moments when she spoke of her family, believing never to see them again. And now here he was. Did Savina know?

“Ehno? You’re Ehno?” Of course he was, he had introduced himself as such, but the name hadn’t clicked until just now. Cercelee spoke excitedly now, her demeanor changing without much explanation. Her tail thumped a few times on the ground and she laughed to herself, the situation tickled her. Had she not said herself that Savina couldn’t be sure this very male wouldn’t wash up on their shores? How strange she had not made the connection until he had mentioned Italy. Yes, it made sense now. They had the same sort of accent. Smiling sheepishly she allowed herself to calm. “Excuse me, I know your sister though. She had spoken of you before. You have seen her already I hope?”

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Oi, I'm horrible. I had the reply to this written out days ago and I thought I already posted it. x.x So sorry.

Ehno perked up when Cercelee mentioned Savina. So the Dhalia de Mai wolf had met his sister as well. Yet before he could comment on the fact, Cercelee excitedly began speaking again. 'You're Ehno?' He couldn't help but laugh at her excited outburst. One moment the white she-wolf was speaking calmly, and the next she was bubbling with excitement. The Italian boy nodded at her words, his quiet chuckling dying into a simple smile on his features.

"Oh, Savvy's been talking about me again, I see." Naniko had seemed to know about him from Savina as well. He couldn't really say that it surprised him. He and his sister had been so close as childern, it made sense that she would mention him. He knew that he had done the same on a few occasions during his long travels. If anyone questioned him about his home, he would almost undoubtedly bring up one of the adventures he and Savina shared when they were younger. "Yeah, I've spent a lot of time with her since I came here. Actually, she's the one who brought me to this pack. Found me wandering along the shore near the borders and dragged me all the way here." He grinned, warmed by the memory of their reunion.
[/html]
[html]
      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Phasellus vitae leo eget dui imperdiet egestas.

Cercelee took the male’s laughter in good humor. She knew it was her mannerisms and way of speech that had caused his merriment, and that was more than okay with her. Some might be offended at the response their own foolishness caused, but Cercelee embraced it. At times she acted like a child, and was perfectly aware of it, and what’s more, she was perfectly okay with it. His laugh caused her to smile more sincerely at herself, there was a certain enjoyment Cercelee could only derive from her own playfulness. “She only says nice things, I promise.”

Or at least Savina had only said nice things the one time she mentioned her brother. Still, the way Ehno had been spoken about, Cercelee guessed that there were few ill words his sister had to say about him. “She missed you, I’m glad you’ve come here. For her sake.” Cercelee spoke earnestly, and for a moment a stab of sorrow took her by surprise. The images of Lisi and Tuki flashed before her but the memories were gone as soon as they had surfaced. “It must be nice to have family so close, especially if they are both family and friend.”

Table by Tammi!

[/html]