Bonded
[html]

OOC

This was more like it! Amy sat with her feet in the hot springs, tail swaying behind her. She was dangerously close to the two southern packs she hated, but she was just happy that she was able to soak in the heat. Her paws were sore, and she was feeling awfully tired. At least she hadn't been nearly as moody this time round. Probably because she was doing her best to keep who the father of her pups were secret. It meant that she was using almost all of her control constantly to keep everything hidden.

The pups would be due soon. Amy hoped they would be weak so she could kill them. Amy didn't wish to give that monster the honor of being a Sunders. Just the thought of it sent a shudder of disgust through her frame. One hand rested softly on her stomach, looking at the steam rising off the springs. It was nice to not have anyone to worry about. Kohaku was off on his mission, Adara was off doing slave things, and she-she was getting the rest she deserved.

<style>
.fallenangel .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.fallenangel p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fallenangel b {color:#E99B00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.fallenangel {background-color:#660202; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ngel-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:335px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:60px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fallenangel .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e99b00; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This will be verryyyy interesting.

North and north he’d roamed, and now Levent was heading south toward home again, weary in more than just body. His trip had done very little for him, and all he wanted to do was return to Cercatori d’Arte—and maybe Hotaru’s arms, if she would allow him. She had to be tired, too, from dealing with the puppies by herself, but perhaps they could share their comfort. It might make him feel like a real person again, rather than a soul and body that seemed detached and at odds with each other.

Mai snorted tiredly and shook her head, and the merchant smiled faintly at her, murmuring a few words to reassure her they would be able to rest soon. She responded doubtfully, but the disdain in her voice he’d gotten used to wasn’t present. Either she was just that exhausted, or she was getting used to him—and he was faintly hopeful that it was the latter. He’d annoyed her with his presence a lot lately in hopes that she’d just learn to deal with him, and this might be the breakthrough, that she was beyond caring anymore. He didn’t want to truly break the beautiful horse so that she became compliant but resentful, but he didn’t think he could truly get that far. She was strong-willed and reminded him of Hotaru in some ways.

“Do you hear that?” Wilson sounded tired as well, but the note in his voice had Levent stopping and pricking his ears. It was barely audible, but he thought he heard water. For some reason, it sent chills through him that hearing a normal stream couldn’t, and the look on the cat’s face proved he felt the same. The wolf scowled and began to lead Mai in that direction, the tom balanced in the saddle, until a scent familiar as anything hooked sharp claws into him. He stiffened then, and growled an order at Wilson.

“Go straight home.”

The white cat looked at him, eyes narrow but unreadable, and leaped from the saddle to go scampering off in that direction. Mai looked after him longingly, but Lev tugged gently on her lead and continued toward the sound of water and smell of demon.

There she was, reclining by warm pools and swollen with child. His paw pads started sweating, but he wiped them on his fur and kept hold of the lead until he was able to tie it to a tree. Wordlessly and expressionlessly, he looked at the dog, knowing that he’d spent much of the past few days searching for her. Now that they were both here, he didn’t know what he should say.

How could he? Amy had teased out his lust for immortality, and she had mauled one of his pack mates. The images matched each other, forming the true picture of who she was—who he’d always known she was, from the first time her teeth tore into him. The only problem was that he had changed—gained loyalty, and a family, lives beside his own that he wanted to preserve.

What could he say to a monster like her?

<style type="text/css">
.levmon .space {width:300px; height:565px; float:right;}
.levmon b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6f7f7; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmon w {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmon p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.levmon p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.levmon .wc {font-weight:bold; color:#860000;}
.levmon p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levmon {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:718px; background-color:#080000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HPi2X.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#554747; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; min-height:665px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

She glanced over casually as Levent approached, noting his features. He had changed. There was no doubt that this was still the merchant that she had sank her fangs into, marking as belonging to her. The way he held himself had changed, however. She studied him with interest for a moment before turning her attention back to the springs where she relaxed, swaying her feet gently. If there was something he wanted, he would speak up. She'd never worried about that before.

The horse was secured, Amy listening quietly to his movements. He seemed awfully hesitant. He couldn't be afraid of her, could he? It seems you have changed, Levent. What happened to the dear male that I met in Europe? Flashing a smile in his direction her dark eyes glimmered. You haven't had your wish granted. No, I would say that it's something else that plagues you. Breathing in his scent she barely managed to hide her rage. He joined that pack? Whatever possessed you to join a pack like that, Levent? It's not one very suitable for your talents.

<style>
.fallenangel {background-color:#660202; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ngel-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:335px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:60px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fallenangel .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e99b00; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I was wondering if, at the conclusion of this or whatever works best, Levent could get a minor-ish injury? >:3 He needs Hotaru and Wilson to band together to yell at him and that's a good reason. x3

While it was an effort to sustain his poker face, his sudden appearance did not seem to have ruffled the blonde dog at all. Her brown eyes roamed over him, scrutinizing him, and his shoulders hitched up before he rolled them back, pretending it was only to stretch. The transition was smooth enough to fool most, but he didn’t know what she was looking for or what she would miss. He might have asked her, but his tongue was like lead in his mouth.

Luckily, Amy spoke first. She noted his change, which probably shouldn’t have surprised him. The Levent she’d met in Europe would have thrown himself at her, sly and teasing and not tongue-tied like he was now. He would have wanted something of her, and he would have worked to get it, no matter how long it took. Right now, he found that there wasn’t really anything he wanted, other than an explanation that he dreaded.

Her remark on Cercatori d’Arte made him blink, and suddenly he transformed. Teeth flashed, but it was in a broad and confident smile, and his posture changed once again to something casual and open like he should have approached her. It was a startling transformation, one that was completed by a sparkle in his pale blue eyes and his accent rolling smoothly off his Turkish tongue.

“I would think that a pack dealing in trade is very suitable to my talents, bayan. I have already proven myself as a merchant, and I only expect to climb the ranks faster now.” His ears fell back a notch, almost submissive, as he angled his head at her and smiled. “Unlike you, my elusive mistress, I can’t as easily survive as a loner with so many goods; I don’t have a cart and a slave to guard it. Now I have a residence and protection and food.”

He shrugged his scrawny shoulders. “I feed off people, and this is the best way to do it—although it seems you’ve come dangerously close to picking off some of my pack’s people, Amy.”

<style type="text/css">
.levmon b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6f7f7; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmon w {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmon p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.levmon {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:718px; background-color:#080000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HPi2X.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#554747; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; min-height:665px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC honestly, im not sure what shell do with him

The slight hitch in his body wasn't missed, sharp eyes drawing in the change. He was afraid of her! That was definitely a change she had not expected. Why would he fear him? There was something more going on than him just joining a pack she didn't like. Amy pushed herself up, and as difficult as it was managed to make herself stand. Amy kept herself from huffing, as much as she wanted to. Amy didn't hide much of herself from Levent, but this was one of those times that she felt she had to.

The change once she mentioned the pack was instant, returning to the charming sweet talking male she had gotten to know and enjoy. Laughing quietly at his words Amy smiled, watching him closely. It was true, he would climb the ranks. His skill was known to her as well, despite how little trading they did together. Shrugging at the last part she faced him frankly. She made a deal, and she broke it. The punishment was just. No one was exempt from her wrath when it broke. Walking over to Levent she looked the male in the eyes. What else is there that you're not telling me?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He knew he shouldn’t fear her—and he was either a fool for being afraid or a genius. Blue eyes watched her innocuously as she stood with some effort, impeded (even if she didn’t seem to be) by her heavy, child-swollen belly. A man should not fear a woman as gravid as she was; it would take little effort to rush her and end her. At the same time, while he might not have feared another woman, he knew this one would have a multitude of tricks up her sleeve. She wouldn’t let pregnancy hinder her; how she would destroy the weakness, he didn’t know, but he remained cautious behind his smile.

Levent thought that his statement made sense; it was logical and honest to his own ears, especially because it was the truth—minus a single detail in the form of a blind she-wolf. He might have smiled at her laughter, but it had come time for her to answer his guised question; and she did so, bluntly. Oddly, he found himself nodding, and he might not have cared if it wasn’t a young pack member who’d been hurt. It was ruthless, but it was justice in its own sickening way, and he’d seen hands chopped off in Istanbul for those who couldn’t meet the price. What she had done to the girl was cruel, but she could have mangled her worse.

“I’ll have to let them know how seriously you take trades,” he said smoothly. “But perhaps you should be lenient; this is not Europe, and these soft wolves don’t know it.” He made sure to phrase his suggestion as a suggestion, rather than demand she change; even if he had, he didn’t see her doing so anytime soon.

He was reminded of this as she stepped closer, her eyes fixed on his as she asked him what he was hiding. All that was left of his friendly façade closed off, and he stared back at her, completely devoid of emotion. She was asking him for the secret of his children, and if she knew about their existence, it would be the perfect leverage against him. Blackmail was not uncommon where both of them came from, and he knew—almost on level with his own cherished life—he would do anything to see that his children were not harmed.

“We all must have our secrets, Amy,” Levent responded.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Levent nodded agreement, as she had expected. Whether or not it was his pack, her punishment had been just and he could not deny that. The young girl was still alive, that was more than could be said for most thieves that crossed someone. She had been merciful in leaving her alive. Amy had extracted payment from the wolf's body, and had taken pleasure in every shriek of pain that had come from the writhing bundle.

Her gaze hardened at Levent's words. Thieves do not learn without punishment. You should know that. They should either not steal at all, or learn to not get caught. I won't let such things go past me. He should not push her on this. The emotion dropped off his face, and Amy found herself facing a solid wall. He was trying to lock her out! He, who belonged to her first! Placing a hand on the scar she ran over it, reminding him of the bond. Not from me.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The contrast of his thoughts with the woman’s was strange to Levent, as they’d once thought along similar paths. It made him realize how much he really had changed, and when he considered his weakness compared to her, he wondered if it was all for the better. He had once been ruthless, his grins sly, his hands concealing daggers behind his back. He hadn’t necessarily killed where he did not need to, and there was little blood on his hands, but he had not flinched away when he needed to, either. Even Wilson didn’t know the extent of what he’d done in secrecy to advance toward his goal.

And here was his ultimate test. It would be simple to give up the secret of his children and their mother back in Cercatori d’Arte, and honesty would probably save his skin. He was at the woman’s mercy if he did not speak, and so it came down to one choice: him or them?

His lips twitched, a chink in his armor, a glimmer of fear as she touched the scar she’d given him. He opened his mouth, but his mind flashed again to the tiny bundles, russet and white, probably curling asleep in the crib or nursing from their mother. He might fail in his goal, but his blood would live on in his children.

“I’m sorry, Amy,” Levent said, “but yes—from you.”

<style type="text/css">
.levmonn .space {width:300px; height:565px; float:right;}
.levmonn b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6f7f7; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmonn w {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmonn p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.levmonn p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.levmonn .wc {font-weight:bold; color:#860000;}
.levmonn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levmonn {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:718px; background-color:#080000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HPi2X.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#554747; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

There was fear in his eyes as she faced him, brown eyes glinting as they waited for him to speak. He belonged to her. There was no doubt in her mind that he would speak. They shared blood, and passion, and he had benefited from belonging to her. All she asked for in exchange was his loyalty. The blue eyes were surprisingly warm, not with the fires of anger, but with something she didn't recognize. He had changed, and was trying to break free from her! Such a thing would not be allowed.

Anger crackled through her frame. Hackles raised she faced him, the inner beast revealed. Fangs flashing she snarled, the tension visible in the air. The claws dug into his scar, blood seeping. You are mine, Levent Kartal. My blood runs in your veins, your passion stems from my will. You think you can break such a bond? She leaned in close, the fact that she was pregnant forgotten in this moment. There was only them, and the threat she exposed. You will pay for your betrayal. That which you try to keep from me shall be torn from your grasp, cast where you will never see it again. That is a promise, merchant.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

PP was approved. <3
Also Lev is still a moron, and this post sucks.

He dared, knowing who he was dealing with. He knew that it was a risk, but furthermore that there was no other choice. He always had loose morals, but some things he would not do—and he would not give up the existence of his children, two newborn puppies, to this demon. Nothing he was guaranteed to get from her was worth it; he had tossed the coin every time he met her, and it never served to benefit him, not truly.

Amy snarled, and any pretenses of friendliness dropped from her completely. His ears snapped back, his body seeming to shrink, but any instinctual attempt to appease her rage was hopeless. The demon tightened her grip on his scar, talons digging into the damaged tissue, and he let out a strangled, growling yelp. Wrenching himself back only resulted in more blood oozing from around her claws, and he was unable to do anything as she came closer, holding her claim over him.

And then the curse came. He’d never believed in such threats, always laughing them away and escaping the penalty, but the words horrified him as they came from her lips. Still, he bared his teeth defiantly. “We’ll see,” he told her coldly, his voice strained with pain. “I might have been glad to serve you in any other way, woman, and answer any other questions, but you’ve asked too much.” Even those words were a gamble, and he regretted them the instant he spoke.

A brief distraction came in the form of the paint horse, who snorted fearfully at the scent of blood and reared, trying to pull free of her lead. Her hooves landed noisily on the rock edging the hot springs, and the man turned his eyes to the pools. It would be easy to knock her in, let her hit her head and drown.

Instead, Levent asked hoarsely, “Would you mind taking your claws out of me? You’re frightening my mare.”

<style type="text/css">
.levmonn b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6f7f7; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmonn w {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmonn p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.levmonn {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:718px; background-color:#080000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HPi2X.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#554747; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

The submissive fear was pleasing, but her temper had been lost already. She wasn't backing down now, her stance tall as she faced him down. A yelp broke from him as she dug the claws in,k refusing to let go. The attempt to break free only brought the angered dog with him, eyes burning. He was not going to escape. Levent was hers, now and forever. His soul had been sold in a single bite. Everything she had done for him, wasted! All he had to do was ask, and she would have granted, in exchange for him serving her. Yet he betrayed her.

The defiance remained, even in the face of the punishment she'd pronounced. Laughing she shook her head, sure of her words. The punishment would come. Smiling she extracted the claws, making sure to dig in as deeply as she could before doing so. Turning she returned to the pool, dismissing his presence. Return when you're ready to ask for forgiveness. If he appeared before then, she would kill him.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You can archive whenever you've read. <3

He was in pain, and afraid, and angry. It was strange that this combination of emotion resulted in no more expression than a flicker of agony at the feeling of claws in his shoulder. Perhaps he was beyond feeling anymore; this situation had escalated so that a suave grin or goonish simper was no longer an option for a retort. He was at her mercy, and it occurred to him suddenly that she could try to kill him right now. He could fight back—he would fight back, fight for his oh-so-cherished life—and maybe he’d end up killing her first. He didn’t know, and he was afraid to find out. While she’d harmed him before, he had never honestly been on her bad side, and it was an eye-opener now that he was.

Her laugh made him shudder, his stone-cold façade tightening with a terror that was sure to please the blonde bitch, when her claws hooked in deeper he yelped. The whole of his body twitched, an effort to get away from her that he could control no more than his breathing; it did not want pain, and so it struggled. He tried to keep still, and at last she withdrew her talons, turning away from him so casually it took him a moment to register that she had done so.

Amy dismissed him, and Levent stared coldly for as long as she could not see him. Would he ever return to her? Maybe he truly was so weak—but he knew there would be no apologies. Not now. Perhaps she would end up destroying him in the end, for destroying their black bond, but these were things he never wanted to find out.

The merchant put a hand to his shoulder, blood seeping between his fingers, and walked silently to the horse. She shied at the scent, and it was a struggle to calm her with the soft noises and body language of low speech, but somehow he managed, and somehow he was leading her back toward Cercatori d’Arte—and toward his children, and toward his home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]