Sharp Tempers
He'd woken up shivering a little. It wasn't often Raoth felt fear, or at least not often that he admitted to such an emotion. A dream where he couldn't scream though, that got to him. Living that reality didn't seem to lessen it's potency in the slightest. Sour he'd slipped out, knowing that everybody else would still be asleep. The moon was beginning it's descent, marking that the night was weakening. Silently he slipped through the pack, trying to make as little sound as possible. He didn't want to draw the wrong attention to himself.

Outside of the borders he found himself a place to settle down. It wasn't too far from the borders, still in distance of a howl if Aro searched for him. The coyote quickly clambered up the tree, his sharp movements smooth as he moved higher and higher. Settling into the nook of the branches he stared out. Raoth wasn't someone that could ever cry out if he was in trouble. The only protection he had now was his wits. The coyote still went out alone, refusing to give in. He wasn't someone to give up.
((235))

Wandering had become his new favourite past time. During his travels only recently committed, he'd met a few lovely people, found a place to live, and gained knowledge about the new land in which he now resided.

He was informed by one of his first acquaintances that it was potentially quite dangerous to trespass into pack territory, so Harvey Butler made sure to keep his senses aware of any borders.

He didn't really fear the outcome as much as he simply wanted to avoid it, not only for the sake of being safe, but to be respectful and polite as well. He may be an individual with a negative past lifestyle, but the whole reason for coming to Nova Scotia was to clean his slate, and start life in a new way.

Besides, he'd never really been one to disrespect those who had no connection to him. It simply wasn't any of his business to do so, and frankly he didn't care to cause trouble.

The red merle knew soon he was coming close to the land of a pack, and made a note to stay clear. Harv would dwell near the border, perhaps, for he knew he'd seemed to meet more people right outside or just inside their pack lands, than loners, and he was really a social sort of luperci.

He missed company, and loved attention. So, he saw no harm in exploring.
Raoth watched the borders, not really expecting any danger. Or anything really of any sort. He just wanted to do something other than dwell on the nightmare that had awoken him. His tail twitched occasionally, but for the most part he was still, just watching the rest of the night go by. It didn't look like it was going to be restful. Already on edge after the nightmare, Raoth's hackles raised as a stranger entered the area, looking much too curious about the pack for his liking.

Dropping down the coyote strode towards the stranger, aggression in his steps. Who was this investigating the pack? His lips curled, fangs bared at him. Standing as tall as he could Raoth moved up to him. Indicating sharply he gestured at the stranger and then pointed in the direction away from the pack. He was to leave immediately. Raoth didn't want him hanging around.
((236))

As the moon was slowly disappearing to allow the sun to take it's place, the surrounding area grew gradually lighter and lighter.

Harvey rather enjoy that, for now he could more easily see where he was going, and if anything was around him that he should keep caution of.

Apparently, he should have kept a better look out.

The other's sudden showing startled the Australian shepherd, which he really rather disliked. Had the coyote not looked to brutish, Harvey Butler may have spouted out a few rude remarks, and shot the stranger a glare.

But he thought it better to not do so.

He instead raised his hands, backing away some. Whoa, 'old on there, mate! I didn't mean no 'arm, I didn't... Jus' out for a stroll, I was. The red merle Brit nodded, still trying to keep his distance. His brow furrowed, expressing his confusion.

I didn't wander into a pack land, did I? I made sure tha' I kept out... The last fin' I want t' do is start any trouble, I tell ya. Harv stated, ...So really, if I'm not in any sort of pack land...

It probably wasn't the smartest idea to grow so smug, but... He was Harvey Butler, after all.

The bi-coloured luperci smirked, If this ain't pack land, and ya 'aven't laid no claims on it, I'm free t' walk 'ere, jus' as you are! Am I mistaken...?
The hybrid immediately began to defend himself, backing up and protesting that he hadn't been doing any harm. The dark coyote didn't care about that though. What he cared was that he was skirting around the borders of the pack Aro belonged to, rather suspiciously at that. Raoth could care less if he was going to cause trouble with the pack. What he did care about was whether or not this lead to his master being involved. When trouble came it always meant Raoth's work at keeping Aro safe increased as well. Not to mention he was just in a bad mood and looking for an excuse to take it out on someone.

The smirk drew a growl from the coyote. Raoth was not going to let this stranger just throw around his weight like this. Sharply he gestured for the male to move away from the pack. Fists clenched he stepped closer, ready to strike if he didn't start moving. Off pack lands or not, Raoth was taking this as an excuse to drive someone off and dispel the rest of the bad feeling the nightmare had left him with. He was not helpless, and he'd prove it by pounding this guy.
((246))

Clearly, this guy wasn't going to listen to reason.

Harvey shook his head, 'Ey, uhm... I didn't mean... Mean t' come off, as, say... uhm... snarky, mate, I was jus' sayin'... He laughed nervously, backing away still.

Bloody 'ell! What is this...?

This was embarrassing. The red merle canine was once in a gang! He was fit, he was confident... So why could this guy step up and push him around? He wasn't doing any harm... He was just having a look, and an innocent one at that.

A growl escaped the Cockney canine. Mate, I 'aven't done anyfin' t' concern the likes of you! He muttered, bi-coloured eyes glaring at the coyote, I wasn't plannin' t' do nofin', 'cept find me way back t' 'Alifax, so if ya would kindly loose tha' lil' temper of yours, tha'.... Tha' would be greatly appreciated.

Speaking of tempers, Harvey could feel his own slipping. His fits of anger made it difficult to think clearly, and he hated losing control of his own emotions. The merle luperci was trying with his might to keep calm but the coyote was definitely testing that ability. He clenched his own fists, puffing out his chest. He wouldn't strike first, if it came to that (and he really hoped it wouldn't), but he wasn't about to be stepped over like a weak pup.

It was probably a stupid idea, but his ego blinded him from making the most logical decision sometimes.
The backing away did get Raoth to relax a little, tension easing from his frame. Perhaps it wouldn't come to a fight. Shame. He really wanted one. There was no reason to start one if the hybrid was just going to listen to him though. The dark eyes watched the distance increase, pride in his eyes. That was right. No one bossed him around. He was in charge of everything. His tail swagged behind him, a smile tugging at his lips as he watched the canine reverse.

The sound of the growl immediately brought a deep one from the coyote. It was one of the few noises he could make without sounding like he was gargling something dead in his throat. Raoth opened his mouth to let out a rasping bark, but all that slipped out was some hissing. Humiliated to have his weakness exposed like that Raoth straightened up, doing his best to act like he hadn't just made a ridiculous pathetic noise. He pointed towards Halifax and jerked his head in that direction.
((217))

He immediately regretted his decision after seeing how the stranger had looked to calm down, but before he could stop himself, he'd blurted out his retort.

Great goin', Harv, ol' chum...

The other's growl was deeper than his own, and caused his heart to race, intimidated some by the coyote's obvious temper. The sound that escaped him afterward, however, caused a triumphant smirk to appear across the red merle aussie dog's face. He wasn't trying to completely make fun at the coyote's inability, but he had been amused at figuring out a fault the aggressive canine seemed embarrassed by. He had a sort of upper hand, now.

Despite that, however, he decided it best not to bring it up, fearing it'd only irritate the male more. Besides, he had to keep his own sarcastic, angry tongue from flapping. His coming to a new land brought new goals, the control over his emotions being one of them.

Yeh, okay... Alright, alright... Harvey nodded, I get it, I'll go... When I please.

He raised his brow.

I still 'aven't done nofin' t' cause suspicions, an' I can promise ya, I'm not plannin' t', eiver... The Brit shrugged his broad shoulders, holding his ground, but in a non-violent way. Jus' let me be, an' I'll do the same... Deal?
What was that? Was he smirking at Raoth? The coyote's temper spiked, almost hitting boiling point. How dare he! He had no idea what the coyote went through. What he was capable of. He was a trained warrior after all. Even if most of it had been under threat of death if he didn't cooperate. The fact that the dog seemed intent on pushing at this, at threatening what he had determined, just made him more furious. Raoth couldn't exactly speak and tell him to bugger off either.

When he pleased? Raoth was telling him to screw off right now, and yet the guy was holding his ground. He must think that the coyote was some kind of pushover. Shaking his head he lost what little had remained of his temper after humiliating himself with the inability to speak. Sharply he raised his fist, and swung out to punch him in the face. He wasn't going to let some punk who back talked him hang out here! Even if he was exactly the same as Raoth.
((266))

Harvey really couldn't care less who or what he was messing with, he always fought for dominance, even if it was a stupid decision to do so. It was a fault of his, being a spoiled child and then a fairly prosperous gangster, allowed to make his own decisions and to manipulate others easily to do as he wished. As long as he was on top (or at least as close to the peak while still being respectful for those who he deemed deserving) in the situation, he was happy.

He wasn't going to allow himself to be a pushover. The Brit felt that he had just a right to the unclaimed land as the coyote, and he was going to stand his ground. Sure, his current post was very close to the borders of a pack, but that was just it; he was only close to the line. And he'd made it clear that he didn't plan to cause anybody any harm, so in the bi-coloured eyes of the red merle male, there was nothing to fight over.

Apparently, he was wrong.

Before he knew it, Harvey was struck, and hard. A sharp yelp escaped the dog as his cheek was hit, causing him a short moment of confusion, fear and, most of all, extreme embarrassment.

He regained his balance, rubbing the sore spot before he growled lowly.

Tha's it, ya bloody brute! I plannin' t' jus' leave ya be, but ya 'ad t' ruin tha', didn't ya? Harvey glared, standing up straights, his padded hands clenched into fists, You're nofin' but a bloody animal!
Fist connected with flesh in a satisfying crunch. A familiar sting ran through Raoth's arm as he drew back his fist. That would hurt later, after the fight was finished. At least he wasn't punching trees. Not that a mutt's face was much softer. A yelp rang through the air as the dog tried to figure out what had happened. The coyote smirked, tail held high behind him as he watched the reaction. That's what he got for challenging him! No one did that and got away with it.

What a weakling. Rubbing at the punched spot. Raoth had long since learned to ignore such things. Left him vulnerable to being hit while he was still recovering. Of course, he did still do it on occasion, but things like punches were quickly shaken off. The accent was thick, harsh words rolling smoothly off the other's tongue as Raoth was cursed. Hackles raised as he growled deeply, not caring for the insult. He was more than an animal! He deserved respect, and would be given it! Again Raoth punched forwards, careless of what the result might be.
((224))

How DARE he?!

The aussie dog was completely baffled. He'd been fully aware that his taunting was clearly upsetting the coyote, but he figured the other would have at least a little more self-control. The punch proved otherwise. Harv was red with anger and shame... How could he have been so stupid as to allow himself to be struck like a child that had talked back, or a mutt who'd chewed the furniture? Was he being attacked for disobeying the order to leave? Or was he being punished for being there in the first place? Either way, it made no clear sense to the merle man, and he wasn't going to stand for it.

Seeing another fist fly forward from a mile away (thanks to alertness being literally knocked into him from the last blow), Harvey quickly dodged the strike, moving himself to try and lunge for the coyote (though, he didn't know what good it would do, but he at least hoped with his recent working out and muscle building that he'd have enough strength to at least cause the raging male to falter.

He wasn't going to run, that was for pups and females. For the cowardly who cares little about their reputation... Or the logical. Harvey dismissed the latter, though, and kept on with his plan to instead stay and fight.
It looked like the mutt had at least some training. Instead of the fist connecting again with the satisfying pop that had occurred the first time his strike was dodged at super speed. It brought a frustrated growl from the lithe coyote, pulling back his fist and doing his best to keep his balance. The main thing he was thinking of right now was teaching this guy a lesson. He was not someone to mock, not someone to challenge, and DEFINITELY not someone to push around.

The lunge hit Raoth square in the chest, knocking both of them across. Raoth hit the ground hard, his momentum halted by a rather solid oak tree that was behind him. Growling he flashed his teeth forwards, moving to get flesh, any flesh, into his mouth where he could tear through it. Limbs flailed wildly as he tried to get back up to start hitting the guy again. He wasn't going down in this fight! This was a matter of pride!
((214))

Even he was surprised at his own ability to dodge the blow. He'd been in plenty of fights himself, most being sans weapons, but it'd been quite a while since he'd caught himself in some sort of actual fight with another obviously trained individual.

The lunge was almost all impulse as Harvey let the instincts of his past drive his body into action. His blue and brown eyes widened as he saw the coyote fall, and despite how much he'd just love to gloat about his being able to fight back, that wasn't the plan; he knew he had to stay focused, because this guy wasn't going to just end this thing easily. The Brit knew when he was up against a difficult opponent, and now was not a time to get too cocky.

Teeth bared and biting into him caused him to yelp, sharp pains driving him crazy as he tried raising his arms to defend himself. He wasn't going to run, but he saw no shame in blocking hits. Wincing as a result of the other brute's attacking, Harvey back off some, trying to create some space between them. He needed time to recuperate so he could think clearly, and be able to make actions afterward. This wasn't going to be easy.
Yelps broke from the dog as his teeth tore through flesh. Yes, blood was in the air now, he could smell it. It drove the violent coyote forwards, tail swaying. He wasn't a killer, but he had been trained to react violently in a fight, trained to take another down no matter the cost. Even if that cost was his life. The arms raised, Raoth following after him. He had been quick to return to his feet, hating that he had been knocked over for even a second. He was going to take him down!

Raoth followed after hard and fast, refusing to allow the dog to take the space that he so clearly wanted. Raoth could win right now, could take the lead. Fists flew hard and heavy through the air, moving to strike and immobilize. At this close range Raoth was taking the lead, his small frame making it easy for hi to dance around. He was no longer biting, instead using his fists to talk. There was little patience in him for someone who decided to fight with the temperamental male.
((278))

The feeling was all too familiar to the cockney canine; an overpowering male biting, hitting, asserting his dominance while Harvey tried to hold his own ground reminded him clearly of the event that had ruined him.

The tragedy that had left him spiteful, violent and unable to control his terrible fits of anger.

His gang had, for the majority, showed him respect, but there was one luperci Harv had to watch... He was insane, and with no exaggeration. Nothing could keep him from getting what he wanted.

And it was when he wanted Harvey that the merle male's life changed forever.

There was nothing he could do, he'd grown tired. The Brit was tired, weak, and wounded. Cuts and scratches adorned his body, all obtained through the fighting. The dog had tried his best to keep from submitting, but it was all in vain; his stamina had soon worn low, and his will had depleted along with it. This other gang member, this careless monster, was going to have his way, and all Harvey could do was close his bi-coloured eye as tightly as he could, and let loose a whimper as he was completely destroyed...

Memories of his past raced through his mind, and the ability to keep in control of his emotions was no longer existent.

Harvey lashed back at the coyote, growling with fiery passion as he snapped, bit and barked. He was not going to allow himself to be scarred again. He was not going to allow himself to lose, at least not with some damage done. The red merle australian shepherd was going to be remembered as the one who didn't back down.
The dog was trying to hold his ground, but Raoth had lost his temper. Unless the other submitted he would keep going, all logic drained from the violent coyote's mind. He had found his outlet, though he would have preferred a better challenge. Something to actually tussle about. Still, the exhilaration of winning kept the coyote going, waiting for the other to see that he'd been right, that he shouldn't have challenged the wiry coyote and left him in peace.

The dog snapped, just as Raoth had done when he'd swung his fist out for the first time. There was a clash, and he could feel teeth closing, tearing at his flesh. Madly he kept struggling, using every trick that he had learned. Claws heading to dig through the knuckles of the fists, legs moving to hook and send the dog to the ground, moving to grab his head and just bash it again and again against the ground. He was bleeding, but he didn't feel it, didn't back down, lost in the pointless fight.
((245))

Inside, the fight was caught in a loop of punches, bites and scratching. It was all happening to swiftly that it was difficult, and quite nearly impossible, for the red merle australian shepherd to even process what sort of actions were being committed. It was a mess. His mind was rushed, and his body seemed to move more on instinct than by his own coordinated control. The past was catching up again, flowing through him as he fought with such a lack of acknowledgement.

The past he was taking all he had to run away from, to forget, was now making itself more vivid than ever.

In his blind fury Harvey realized what outcomes could be caused because of this; the inability to find the cleansing he desired, new trauma to his reputation and physical body, and if he continued to irritate this clearly furious and violent coyote attacking him still, possibly death.

Bi-coloured eyes widened as he yelped, forcing himself to stop his blows. The cockney canine attempted to pull back, holding his arms close to himself and closing his eyes. He was now refusing to fight back, but he would never run. Defense wasn't even top on the list of his priority at the moment, he just wanted to stop a terrible event before it go too out of hand, and led to dire consequences.

Sorry! He coughed, voiced rasped as he expelled the word with a whimper, I'm sorry, okay, I'm done!
Raoth wasn't thinking about how much pain he was in. He was trapped in the battle, his mind fixed on his target. The training he'd been given was not good for getting him to stop. Raoth was a machine trained to kill, and the one to trigger this laid before him. There was no thinking, just following with strike after strike, feeling the rage inside him burn and send him to keep going. He felt his opponent fell back, the young male mercilessly following after him, despite the ragged wounds covering his own body.

The strikes halted, Raoth not realizing at first that there was an absence of new blows to block, just continuing to hammer against the arms that were raised up. The gasped words almost didn't filter through, only the slightest twitch of his ear in response. For another minute he fought, then the coyote managed to stop himself. The grey male was now a crimson hue, from both the stranger's wounds and his own. His breath heaved as he breathed, measuring the one before him. Helotes' training kicked in thankfully, ways to take an opponent down without killing them. He lifted his arm, and prepared to knock the male out cold.
((232))

Taking the blows wasn't even a difficult task after he'd pulled himself from the fighting. He'd defend himself only as far as to not receive too serious of injuries, but he didn't care to push or retrain the other. The mind of the cockney canine had shut itself down, forcing him to calm down, after he'd realized what he was doing. If the quarrel had taken place in the past, back in the East End of London, the result may have been different...

Harvey Butler would have fought to the death, just to keep his honour and inflated ego.

But it wasn't called for. There was a simple solution, and if Harv was going to change for the better, he had to stop making everything so difficult for himself. Life had been hard enough, and the result of thoughtless decision making had already taken it's toll on the red merle male.

I'm sorry, okay? He muttered again, raising his hands. I'll go, ya don't 'ave t' tell me again...

It's not runnin'... right? I'm no coward... An' cowards run...

He sighed heavily, body sore and bloodied. Flopped ears were back against his messy crimson locks, showing the wear put on the aussie dog. It had to be logical to quit... He was tired, beaten, and just not in the right emotional mindset to continue any longer.

Nah... I'm jus' keepin' meself alive.