Things do not change; we change
[html]

Word Count → 350 :: Out of Character text

Willam was quite nervous about what she was doing but she knew that it had to be done. She had learned from another that the leader lived out this way. But still, just going to see the leader without invitation to do so worried her. She had never thought to do this before. She had never gone and sought out leadership on her own before. She had never thought to try to meet with leaders and speak with them on her own before. How could she ever consider that? Who was she to even consider that? No, it wasn't her place to make requests of leadership.

So of course that meant it was a good thing that the purpose of this visit wasn't for her to ask of things that she desired for herself but needed for life in the clan. She had to allow the leader to know that she was devoting herself to their cause. With that she had to find out the tasks meant for daily life. She knew what to do daily to survive in la Chemin and to maintain her religion but the same didn't apply for Inferni. So because of that she knew she had to gather the courage to speak to leadership so that she would no longer come across as a drain on resources. Willam had to find her place in Inferni and prove herself and asset. To do that she had to finally meet with leadership to learn what was expected of her.

Nervously Willam paced back and forth outside of the school building while Châtiment sated himself with grazing. The large female was trying to work up the courage to finally enter the building and beg for an audience with the leader. She had never spoken directly to a leader before. The closest that she had ever come was during confession. Of curse she didn't know if it was really true or not that the leadership of la Chemin sat out of the way and listened in on the confessions or not since she had never actually seen them there.

<style>
.angel1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 4pfbxt.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:91px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.angel1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.angel1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.angel1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.angel1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.angel1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.angel1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(369)

Myrika is by me!

Myrika's workshop was often neglected these days. Between the horses and her duties as a leader and all else going on in her life, she hardly had time to touch this once-cherished hobby. Just now, though, she was deeply engaged: her fingers were swift and sure as they'd been the first day she'd worked in this room. The redhead, entirely absorbed in her work, did not hear the pacing outside of the schoolhouse, nor was she aware of the soft footsteps that heralded a presence within her very workshop

The light touch at her shoulder, however, drew her attention with a rather large shock. She dropped the knife she'd been using to carve strips of leather from a long, semi-square hide. Her slim coyote muzzle swung in the direction of the one-eyed woman, and Myrika glowered, frowning deeply. There's a coyote outside, Kae explained. She's been pacing some time. Did you forget a meeting? Myrika's sudden alarm that she might have was unnecessary, for after a moment's contemplation, she shook her head.

No missed meetings, the Aquila said, standing and putting a hand on her grandmother's shoulder to guide her out of the workshop. Thanks for telling me. Myri did not like the thought of Kaena amongst quite so many sharp, dangerous things. The grizzled old woman had enough scars, as it was. Leaving the matriarch in the schoolhouse hallway, the tawny coyote trotted toward the door, straightening her hair and the short leather skirt she wore. It was in need of finishing with decorative hints -- what she'd been attempting to do before Kaena's intrusion -- but it was fully functional, the third such she'd made for herself. This one was the shortest yet, and it was planned to be more a utility accessory than a decorative one. There was only to add the many loops, pockets, and other such things Myri intended to add.

Stepping out into the air, the hybrid's turquoise eyes fell upon the silvery coyote, pacing and looking rather frantic. Frowning, the redhead leaned against the door rather casually and called to her with a mild voice. Hey, you okay?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 374 :: Out of Character text

Willam was trying desperately to talk herself into this rather than just walking away. She was so caught up in this internal conflict that she had no idea that she was being watched. She didn't realize that her presence had been noticed in the slightest. With the way that she was pacing about she must certainly look out of place. It only solidified just how separated that she felt from the rest of Inferni. This was such a simple task and the large female was about ready to balk at the idea, about ready to turn tail and run for the fores where she had been spending her time.

But the decision was stolen from her by the sound of the voice. Willam's head snapped up in surprise to look up at the entrance to the schoolhouse, her pacing having ceased as well. Was this the leader or the cousin? She didn't seem old enough to be the grandmother, let alone a mother even. "I am fine." Willam assured as she quickly bowed her head to stare at the ground. "Willam la Chemin, formerly of la Chemin. I have come to request an audience with the leadership if it is at all possible." There, name and intentions were out of the way.

The more that Willam thought about it the more that it didn't seem like enough. Quickly she added to her previous words to state exactly what had brought her to request to seek out the leadership of Inferni. "I wish to promise devotion to Inferni, everything I am and I possess is for Inferni. As such I need my assignments of daily tasks to accomplish as well residence assignment. I wish to serve Inferni faithfully and only want what is best for Inferni to make the strongest Inferni as possible. Because of this I give my body. I will only bear children from what leadership thinks will make the best union." The last part was the one thing that Willam knew she could contribute right away as she was of age to do so. She would be going onto her second birthday soon so she was still young enough to produce multiple litters throughout the years just to add to Inferni's population.

<style>
.angel1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 4pfbxt.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:91px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.angel1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.angel1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.angel1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(377)

Myrika is by me!

Blue-green eyes appraised the stranger with mild scrutiny. Myrika was not in the habit of sizing up those accepted to Inferni with extreme prejudice, and she did not do so here, either. But she saw -- though did not understand -- signs of the woman's faith. There was the scarred leg and the strange thing wrapped around the opposing leg. Beyond that, she was a larger coyote. Though the newcomer was perhaps not so tall as Myrika, the thickness of build and musculature suggested the pacer was accustomed to hard work.

The woman spoke her state of wellness and introduced herself. Myrika slid out from the door and let it shut behind her, taking a few steps toward the woman. She was preparing to introduce herself in kind and inform Willam that she had an audience with the leadership, when the coyote continued. Rather like Ithiel, she wished to swear fealty -- and unlike Ithiel, Myrika was at least prepared for, and perhaps even partially expecting, this declaration of faith. What she was not prepared for was the further offering Willam gave -- one that made Myri's insides feel like they were shriveling up and going dry. Her tongue rather felt the same, too, but she managed a smile all the same, and only hoped it was free of the anxiety and vague repulsion she felt.

You can promise whatever you'd like to me, she started, her voice more gentle than it should have been. I'm Myrika Tears, the Aquila. She paused, not really certain how to continue, but knowing she must. It was not the first time leadership had made her confront things she'd rather avoid. The tawny coyote wondered if Ezekiel had ever had to deal with the number of babies or would-be babies that she had encountered in the last month. Inferni asks a lot from its coyotes, but... our bodies, at least in that way, are our own. I can't tell you who to make your mate or who to bear children for, she said. I don't think you'd even have to ask about that, but if you find someone and it'd make you happy to have my approval, I'd grant it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 696 :: Out of Character text

Willam certainly wasn't against hard work or labor of any kind. She didn't know too much but she was willing to learn and apply herself where needed. It had been her larger size that usually slated her as being the one to do the ambushing and taking down what larger prey animal was chased her way. There had even been times when there wasn't a travois to use that she would be one of the ones who were chosen to carry the carcass back to where the other members of la Chemin waited. Also, even though her work was rough, she was the one to make repairs to the travois and would be responsible for hitching it to Châtiment. Perhaps that is why the stallion had followed her since she was the one often working with him even if she hadn't been responsible for his training.

"I apologize. I never thought... If I am disturbing you... I'm sorry..." Willam spoke quickly, tripping over her words. It was obvious that she was just a huge bundle of nerves. She wasn't used to ever speaking directly with the leader and so she had no precedence for how to speak or behave or well anything that dealt with a meeting with leadership. Willam forced herself to take a few calming breaths and wrapped both hands tightly about the crucifix, a gesture for when she was looking for some sort of calm or comfort.

"I find happiness in serving Inferni. I want to be an asset rather than a burden so I offer my all. Whatever will best benefit Inferni is where I shall find happiness." Willam hadn't the slightest clue as to what qualities would be sought out for a possible mate. She had never had to consider the decision for herself but had always known that the leadership would choose the perfect match for her. And of course she would be eager and willing to accept their decision and do her part in strengthening and benefiting the entire pack.

Willam fidgeted as she opened her mouth to speak again. "What will be asked of me? Whatever you want me to do I will do it. No matter the task I will perform it every single day without fail. If I do not meet expectations then I am fully prepared to receive penance. I have tools for the task if you have none of your own. I will be in or out of the residence of your choosing at whatever times you wish." She was already used to rising early and retiring late so that it wouldn't be too much of an issue for her. She didn't want to seem like a sloth and so she would make certain to leave her residence before the time to rise came and make certain that she went nowhere near it until it was time to retire for the day only to repeat the routine day after day.

"I also have a bit of news. I went traveling not too long ago. I was headed northwest, following the mountain to find its end. There is a pack there, before the end is reached, that I am told is called New Dawn. They have had attacks there by a monster that did it for the simple pleasure of it. I am uncertain if this monster would choose to do so here as well, or if such attacks have already happened. With this New Dawn being close, and the monster still at large, I figured it would be appropriate to share what I have learned." Willam had no idea if this was old new or not. She was simply trying to prove her worth. The coyote woman wanted to prove herself faithful and honest but telling what she knew rather than keeping the information to herself. She didn't know if it would actually prove useful since it was about a different pack, still the pack was fairly close to them and the danger was still out there. It was an attack without provocation, or so she had been told, so Willam thought that it might happen again, that it could happen anytime and anywhere.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(554)

Myrika is by me!

The redhead shook her head firmly. There was no interrupting a leader -- her purpose was to serve the clan, and in order to do that, she needed to serve its members. Ezekiel had never lorded over them, and Myrika did not think his father or Kaena had ever done so, either. Neither would she -- lording was for leaders who did not care for their subjects, and Myrika believed the definition of a good leader was one who cared for those within their borders. The earthen-hued woman's nervousness was apparent to Myrika, and the hybrid tried to offer a reassuring smile, though she knew just how paralyzing anxiety could be. It was strange to her, though, to see it from the other side: how often had she looked just as Willam did now?

There seemed to be more certainty in her profession, however: the silver-tinted woman seemed ready to swear her everything to Inferni, which was more than a good sign. Myri's dark-splotched tail gave a few slow wags of approval, and she listened with cupped ears as the coyote continued. Then you'll make a good Infernian, Myrika said. You can do whatever suits you -- if you have a particular talent, you can do that, but if not, you can learn something new, too. Inferni has lots of ways to make yourself useful -- you can take care of horses, if you want. Wild or domestic. You can fix up the mansion, which needs it badly. You could keep after the plants, either wild ones to harvest or in the greenhouse. She rattled off just a few of the potential things Willam could take as her responsibility, and shrugged, smiling. I don't need to tell you when to eat or sleep or rise -- you can do whatever suits you best. If you need to stick to a schedule, stick to one -- but of your own choosing. Myrika was apprehensive about dictating such precise stipulations over another creature's life -- she would not have appreciated such rulings over herself, though it did not occur to the redhead that perhaps one used to structure and strictness might be more comfortable with such dictating.

The redhead's ears pricked up as she listened to the hybrid describe the troubles of another pack. She knew New Dawn, and had, in fact, encountered their leader. It had been quite a long time ago, though Myrika could still taste the sense of fear at the back of her mouth from their early interaction. She had been rather frightened, though it had all turned out alright in the end. The words troubled her, and she frowned, drawing her ears back and half-mast. Thank you for telling me, she said, straightaway when Willam had finished. What kind of monster is this? she asked, skeptical of the word. Monsters meant unreal things, lurking spiked and scaled and horned things -- in short, unreal things. She did not believe in monsters, but Myrika was not so quick to doubt a potential threat and discard it on basis of its probable superstition. There's no alliance between New Dawn and Inferni, and they're said to dislike coyotes -- but they're not troublemakers, either. Still, it's good to know these things, if it spills over to us, she said.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 716 :: Out of Character text

The anxiety came from having to actually speak to leadership herself. But Ithiel had told her to do so and she was. Or at least she was attempting it. Though everything that she could possibly be doing wrong weighed heavily on her mind. She was stressed over even the most minor of slip up that could be considered treason simply because she was forced to speak on her own behalf in front of leadership. It wasn't really punishment that scared her, as she was used to that, but that she would drag Ithiel down if she messed up since he had been the one to extend the invitation to her. She didn't want to end up disappointing or causing trouble for the first one that she had met.

"The only thing that I am used to is hunting." Willam paused, realizing that didn't really sound all that impressive. Everyone knew how to hunt or else they wouldn't make it through day to day life. "Châtiment pulls a travois so that large prey can be carried back to share among everyone." Willam motioned to the stallion that was still absorbed in grazing. The female didn't know if that really sounded any better that she was used to hunting for a large group rather than for a solo diet. "Is there already an assigned hunting party that I may be able to join in on?" As that was the one skill that she knew could offer. "If not then I am willing to learn whatever task you wish for me to assist with. I'm afraid I don't know too many members or any of their skills so if you could tell me who to see about acting as an apprentice to and where I might find them it would be greatly appreciated."

"I possess a sling, a kestros, and a kusarigama that I have been working on training with. I have yet to master a hundred percent accuracy with any of them." She wasn't certain if naming her weapons would be pertinent information or not. She hadn't learned to fight with them as she had never gone against an opponent, or even thought to. She had done some minor hunting when on her own but would never do so within a group until she was confident that she would hit her mark each and every time. Still, she didn't want it to seem like she was hiding anything even though she felt shame that she wasn't at the skill level with the weapons that she wished she was at.

Willam had never made her own schedule before. She wasn't used to making such decisions for herself. She was used to her entire life being planned out by those above her. Still she gave a nod of her head to say that she understood even if she wasn't comforted by the thought. this meeting was turning her whole world upside down. She didn't exactly know how to think for herself. She wasn't used to having so much freedom. It worried her because there would be so many ways that she could make a mistake without having strict procedures to adhere to so that she knew she was always doing the right thing.

"I do not know. I'm sorry. I didn't think to ask." Her fingers reached down for the cilice about her thigh, going ahead and tightening it without command to do so since she knew that she had failed to give the proper answer. She had failed to gather all of the necessary information and now it weighed heavily on my mind. "By the way he spoke there seemed to only be one. I am not certain if it is the dislike that you say they have or if it was because of the monster but I didn't receive a warm greeting even though I remained a safe distance away from the borders. He said that strangers are not allowed near the pack, that none are allowed past the borders in case they should cause harm." Willam didn't know if there was a previous prejudice for that as well or if it was simply because of attacks before. Still it could be deduced that they were expecting someone of canine origins to be the ones to cause harm.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(593)

Myrika is by Kiri!

Hunting was valuable -- especially because Inferni's livestock was not raised to be slaughtered. Their sheep were shorn and their wool traded, or traded themselves for livestock such as horses, which was in turn used for non-food purposes. The chickens were an exception to this, but Myrika hardly considered them livestock. They simply hung around the corral and stables, huddling in with the horses and sheep at night. Beyond that, she scattered grain for them and left them to tend themselves. Their nests were frequently found in gathered hay and straw from the horse and sheep stalls, and each day before Myrika brought the horses in for the night, she made certain to check in the stalls themselves. Invariably, she discovered at least one nest. On truly good nights, there were four or even five. Once, she'd discovered almost ten. It was for this reason there were often eggs stacked haphazardly about the Village. Thankfully, Kaena enjoyed them greatly, and seemed to eat this food above all others. Otherwise, when the stock became truly overabundant, Kaena brought a basketful to the ravens in the Hallow. It was a short trek and the birds were overjoyed with this special treat. Cannibalism, Kaena called it derisively, though she always returned with a grin on her scarred muzzle.

When it seemed the silver-hued woman had finished, the hybrid considered her a moment, a smile lingering on her lips. She did not know either of the more exotic-sounding weapons Willam listed, but a sling was a simple thing -- yet deadly, too. There are the Huntsmen, she suggested. But if it's weapons you're good with, maybe one of the Bellum tier ranks? You could talk to Ithiel about that. Helotes is one of our warriors, too. And Remy is painful with teaching the staff, she said, rubbing at an imagined bruise on her arm with a grin. Otherwise, if you wanted to hunt, talk to any of the Lumen tier scouts. They're supposed to be good at knowing where there's prey to be found, since they're all the scouts. Her hand dropped from her arm and the tawny hybrid looked thoughtful as the silvery-hued woman spoke more on the threat to New Dawn. Her eyes followed the motion to the thing on her leg, studying it and wondering what purpose it served. She could smell old blood, and though she wondered for a moment, she dismissed the possibility as ridiculous. Surely it was just habit to adjust the decorative band when Willam was nervous? The old scar tissue, however, spoke against that theory. Myrika decided not to dwell on it.

It might be because you're a coyote, Myri said, shrugging. I met their alpha, Zalen, before I led Inferni. He was, as you say, not warm -- not at first. But it was okay, I guess, once that was over with. I'd heed what whoever it was said, though. No reason to stir trouble where there's none. This was less a warning than a firm instruction. Though Zalen had gotten around to liking her well enough, it seemed, she did not want to anger the dark-hued wolf by having coyotes lingering -- even in friendly ways -- near their borders. I hope they can deal with their monster, and if not, I hope it stays away from Inferni, in any case, she said. Thanks for letting me know. Though it wasn't the first time she'd thanked Willam, there was nothing wrong with doing so twice.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 504 :: Does that mean a future thread with Ithiel simply because Willam would do what Myri said and speak with Ithiel? Or just OOC assumptions that she did and you can dictate whatever was spoken about? Also, I can dig up pictures for the weapons if need me to so that you can see what they are.

"I have actually never fought before." Willam was embarrassed by her own admission but went on to fill the other woman in a bit more. "I have done a bit of hunting with them but it was only for small and personal meals." Willam just wasn't confident enough in her own skills to show off. But still she didn't want the leader to think that she was useless and so she made her offer. "I could show you if you desire."

"If it is your desire for me to learn to fight then I will." Willam luckily knew of the first two males that she named off and so she knew who to look for to speak with. Even if she didn't decide to try to get within the Bellum tier Willam would still talk to the men simply because Myrika had suggested doing so. Of course Willam interpreted it as being a command rather than a suggestion.

Willam nodded her head to say that she understood. "I had only prayed for their safety and left to come directly back here." Willam didn't make any attempt at all to penetrate the borders. Instead she offered what she could for their plight and then went back home. "I hope so as well. I had to leave la Chemin because of the attacks and the fires that were set. My home was burned with some still inside of the church when it was set fire too. They also set fire to the borders so that everyone couldn't get out." Willam quietly explained why she had to flee. It had been a matter of life and death so she didn't want the same to happen here as she was starting to get settled in.

"You don't have to thank me as I am only doing as I am supposed to." Willam winced as soon as the words had left her mouth. How stupid was that? Telling the leader what to do. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it as telling you what to do. I just meant..." But she couldn't find exactly the right words to explain without causing even more trouble for herself. "I'm so sorry. Please punish me however you see fit. I just beg that you find no reason to punish Ithiel for my treasonous tongue. If he must be punished then please allow me to take on his sentence as well." Willam dropped to her knees as she pleaded for Ithiel to go without harm just because she had been stupid and said something that she shouldn't have. It was her habit of deflecting any sort of praise or compliments that had gotten her in trouble and there was no way that Ithiel could have predicted that so she didn't want him suffering because she had phrased the words the wrong way. "I have a flogger if you don't have you own. Or if you have something else in mind then I will submit to whatever punishment you deem to be the most fitting."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(466) Can always do a future training thread with Ithiel. o: Maybe once polish off the current birdie/prompt thread?

Myrika is by me!

Myrika had heard "weapons" and her mind automatically associated it with "warrior." It had never occurred to her that one might grow proficient with the weapons of the world purely in order to hunt creatures of it more effectively. Her surprise showed, but there was a grin on her muzzle, too. She shook her head. It's okay, I believe you. If you want to fight, you can fight -- Inferni always needs warriors, you see -- but if you'd prefer to hunt, that's fine by me. But maybe the warriors can teach you new weapons to use for hunting, too, she said.

Her coyote ears went half-mast with the story of Willam's homeland, and she frowned. I'm sorry, she said, earnestly. No one deserves a burning, least of all those who practice kindly spirituality. Myrika herself could not settle on how she felt about god and all that went along with spirituality. The redhead dismissed rituals and polytheism, attributing a spirit to each and every living thing and force of nature, as mythology -- she certainly could not fall prey to this. It was easy to see many of the human beliefs as mythology, too. Despite how she felt, however, she'd engaged Ithiel enough times regarding his belief to know better than to state her own disbelief or skepticism. It was just rude, after all, and she only did so with Ithiel to probe her cousin's mind and provoke some higher thought where she suspected there was none. Willam, thus far, had showed similarities to her cousin, but not knowing her well, Myri could hardly judge.

The woman spoke, and surprise must have shown again on Myrika's face, for the silvery coyote winced herself and became contrite -- extremely so, for she was on her knees and begging penance, offering a flogger, and altogether becoming intensely remorseful. Oh! Myrika said, surprised. Her ears flared upright with it, and she smiled shakily. No, it's okay, she said quickly. I don't punish people for their mouths. Well, I mean. Nobody's ever given me reason to before, and certainly not you. It's good to speak your mind to a leader, she said, putting a hand on Willam's arm in attempt to make her rise. Speaking truly to a leader keeps us on our toes, I think. There was a grin on her face, but it tempered a little as she spoke more seriously. Everyone deserves to be thanked for what they do, even if it's what they're supposed to do. If it's okay with you, I'd keep thanking you. Myrika wouldn't force a thanks on Willam if it truly discomforted her, but neither could she see herself breaking this habit without extremes of effort.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 596 :: Oh, of course. I wasn't expecting anything right away. Just whenever you had time and wanted to it, if you even wanted to cause I don't want to be a pest or anything. Only brought it up because it would be IC for Willam to follow a command.

"I will speak with them as soon as I am able to." Willam promised and fully intended on carrying it out. Just because she learned to fight didn't mean that she could no longer hunt. Or at least she thought that she would still be able to do both. And well, she didn't mind the idea of expanding what limited knowledge that she had. She would have to if she were to fit in here and thrive. The world was ever changing and one had to learn to adapt in order to survive. While Willam wasn't the best at that she was wiling to try.

"At least any that died had their souls cleansed and they were allowed to pass on rather than being forced to linger behind in this world." While she didn't want any that she knew and got along with to suffer and die she was glad that it was at least by fire so that they wouldn't be stuck. It was the one blessing in the entirety of the situation. Where she came from the bodies of the dead were always burned. It was why she never wanted fire anywhere near the bodies of those that had caused harm She didn't want their sins to be cleansed away by the fire. She wanted them to suffer in the afterlife as well as in their death.

That was perhaps the only times that Willam was truly savage. In general she didn't want anyone to needlessly suffer. She only passed strict judgement against those with malicious intent and only wished them harm in return. It was why she was a believer in crucifying the malicious heretics because they deserved the torture and suffering, not to mention that they could be made an example of for those others that sought to cause harm. but even though the ways that she was taught were strict her religion had taught Willam humility and patience. She also harbored no racial, or would that be speciel, prejudices. Her God had died loving everyone equally and wishing to unite them. Willam felt the same way, as long as they weren't causing harm Willam could accept anyone regardless of what their species was. But while she was kinder towards others her religion taught her to be harsher towards herself. It was only through suffering could pleasure be learned and only through suffering could she serve faithfully.

Willam was always quick to spot imperfections and wrong doings in herself but mostly tended to fail to point them out in others. She took responsibility for herself and everything that she did wrong. Willam had always been the first to tattle on herself and needn't anyone else to do it for her. Though she was once again surprised by those in power in Inferni. Again she was being let off without punishment for something that Willam had perceived that she had done wrong. She stood up as she was guided to do so but kept her head bowed and eyes focused on the ground. "If it is your wish to do so." While Willam wasn't comfortable with the notion, as she felt that she was still far too imperfect to receive any amount of praise, she wasn't about to speak out against the Aquila again and tell her what she should be doing. "Ithiel will go without reprimand as well?" The question was asked quietly as she didn't want to step on toys after just receiving a reprieve but she had to know that Ithiel would suffer no sort of consequences for her actions.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(321) No worries, I gotcha. ;D I figured, and thought it'd be good since Ithiel wanted a demonstration anyway, and he would be interested in weapons!

Although the woman's words almost made Myrika miss a beat, she was able to solemnly nod and smile kindly, an offering of further condolences to the silvery woman. But she pondered the statement, all the same -- if it was torment to be within this world, why remain at all? Was Willam destined to try suicide, then? She worried over this vague possibility, though she thought it unlikely -- most of the religions she knew of considered suicide a sin, or at least a great tragedy. She did not, of course, understand the part played in the cleansing by fire, and therefore overthought this small statement a great deal thereafter. It was something to ruminate on, a challenge to her generally accepted philosophy: life was all they ever got, so enjoy it.

The redhead's smile was a little more troubled, for more worrying than the woman's spirituality was her immediate insistence for punishment -- severe punishment, at that -- for so minor an offense. The tawny-hued canine was glad to see the woman smile, and ran a hand through her hair, considering. Finally, her smile broadened, and she shook her head. I'll have to chide him for not telling you Inferni's a pretty laid back place, but otherwise, no, she said. I don't ask for all kinds of simpering and groveling, and you should feel free to speak how you feel around me. It's probably not a good idea to go and denounce me in front of the clan, I mean, but if we're alone like this, you can say what's on your mind. She knew it was probably more complex than that, but she preferred to generally allow a freedom of speech for her canines. The thought of restricting a coyote's very words struck her as totalitarian and extreme -- and that was not the sort of leader she had any intention of being.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 556 :: Heh, okay. You know I stress about being bothersome and yet worry over staying in character. And Willam will feel a bit awkward about showing off since she has namely trained alone with her weapons.

Oh no, Willam certainly wasn't suicidal. She would fight for her life so long as it wasn't being taken as penance for a heinous crime. She cherished life and everything in it. Everything was a learning purpose and because of that there was a purpose for each and every thing that happened. Of course some lessons were more unsavory than others but you had to take the good with the bad.

It was the soul, the spirit that she didn't want remaining in this world. This world was meant for physical enterprises and the next was the spiritual domain. It was her belief that ghosts and hauntings were the cause of those souls that were still tethered to this world because they are unclean. She thought that without the body being burned the soul would be forced to remain in the physical world rather than ascending into the spiritual one where it could find rest. So no, she wasn't about to end her time prematurely. Those that took their own lives tainted their souls past a point of them ever being cleansed, not to mention that the bodies of those that had committed suicide were never burned where she came from.

"The fault isn't his own. I hadn't asked and acted upon my own assumptions." The coyote female was quick to accept all fault and blame. For someone who was a firm believer in penance she was unwilling to have someone else suffer and would find some way to fault herself so that she might take the entirety of it. But she could never allow someone else to do that for her. She couldn't stand the thought of anyone being harmed because of her.

Willam was quick to shake her head and speak up. "I would never dare to do such a thing. To do so would be begging for death or exile. I quite like it here even if I don't quite fit in but I am determined to learn and adjust." Treason was a major offense after all. Should one have to pay for it with their life there was no funeral pyre for them in death. Willam wanted to live the best and most devout life possible so that in death she can earn that pyre to enable her soul to move onto the next world to rest in peace.

Willam slowly lifted her head in order to be able to glance up at Myrika before she was lowering her head again. "I apologize if talk of my religion discomforts you. Ithiel warned me that not everyone here believes. I have been trying not to bring it up so often but I continue to fail at doing so. I do not expect you to believe and don't wish to cause you any unease. It is all I am used to discussing in la Chemin, either that or tactics for the current hunt." She really was trying to curb herself but what was there for her to talk about when her life was so indoctrinated? She couldn't speak of her history or of herself without reverting back to talk of religion because that had been her childhood and she had been taught faith above everything else. But she wasn't looking to convert anyone or cause any amount of discomfort if she could help it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) No worries man Big Grin

Myrika is by me!

Well, it's easy to think a place will be like home, Myrika said, hesitant to reveal her own unwillingness to approach Inferni for those long months. She feared to find the devilry her father had always spoken of, and she feared more to find the same ostracization and rejection she'd enjoyed so thoroughly in Thornloe. The tawny-furred coyote did not wish to delve into her own past, however, and could only smile her reassurance toward Willam, conscious of the woman's strangeness and how it was akin to her own anxiety and lack of social experience and certainty.

It's okay, she said, shrugging. I just don't want to offend you or anything. I think everyone should be allowed to believe and practice as they'd like, so I don't want to quash your religion away or anything. Tell me about it, she urged. Is it like Ithiel's? Or different? Myrika was genuinely interested -- it was not only the polite interest which one feigns in order not to offend, but true interest. Religion was a philosophy and a way of thinking, and that it was so strange and different from her own only made it more interesting.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 1117 :: Out of Character text

Willam nodded her head, supposing such was true. "I had lived nowhere other than la Chemin. We had kept to ourselves so I lacked experienced in dealing with those that lived outside of it. I had assumed that everyone was raised the same with the same system and beliefs." But that had been proven wrong on the way that la Chemin had been burned without a second thought, as well as through her travels. It was talking to those few that she had met along the way that she learned that religion wasn't everything to a good number of others. And well, Ithiel had pretty much confirmed that the same was true in Inferni.

"You don't have to worry. I don't take offense to what others say or do so easily. I'm not as much of a fanatic as some others are." Willam smiled and actually seemed to relax and open up a bit more as she as she asked about her religion. "I would say both, does that make sense?" She glanced up at Myrika as she thought of how to further elaborate on that. "We both speak of God, the Bible, and heretics though he doesn't seem to be as quick to submit to penance as I am." Willam knew full well to what extreme she took that.

Willam excused herself for a moment in order to dig into the pack on Châtiment's back and pull out her Bible from it. She brought over the hand written book to Myrika and held it out for the other to be able to look through. "This is my only copy but if you want you can copy it or if I can find the supplies to do so I can write you one as well. Lessons started off pretty much from birth. I can't remember learning much more than the stories in the Bible. When we could shift we each copied our own because it was believed that we took the lessons to heart that way and were quicker to remember them if we were writing them ourselves." So everything in the Bible was written by Willam even if she had just copied from another source. The stories in there all spoke of canines for there was never a hint of the existence of humans in what she had been taught.

"God was a coyote and at one point he had lived among us. It was his will to unite all of the species as it had been in the beginning but the heretic wolves placed him upon a cross and killed him." Willam paused and held out the carved crucifix that she wore about her neck, it showing a crucified coyote. "I try to live as he did, with love and understanding for all. But he is also vengeful, though only against those that seek to cause harm. The stakes at the borders were what drew me here. We would do something similar in la Chemin. We would crucify those that wronged us and place the bodies up at the borders to display what happened to those whom thought to approach with malice." Willam paused again, this time trying to figure out what more to tell. "Fire is cleansing. the dead are placed on the funeral pyre and burnt so that the fire could clean their souls of any committed sins so that they could pass into the afterlife and find peace. To not be cleansed by fire the soul is still tethered to the physical world and is therefore forced to roam and suffer as peace and the spiritual world can only be obtained through fire. Just as one could never know of pleasure without suffering first. That is why I believe so heavily in penance I suppose, as well as wanting to right my wrongs. Every day is started with a flogging, not of the same sort used in penance for blood isn't drawn during the daily ritual, so that the morning is started with suffering to bring one closer to the suffering that God felt as he died for all of our sins. To start the day is suffering one could see the blessing the day held and be thankful for them by the time that the day ended. Of course each day is ended by offering thanks for having lived another day. So I read and pray and suffer every day to remind myself of what God gave up so the rest of us could obtain peace once life had ended." It probably sounded really silly to someone not raised with the beliefs but it helped Willam to live her life in a virtuous manner. "In la Chemin, so as not to give into any temptations, everything was controlled by leadership. The leaders guided us to live as devoutly and faithfully as possible. We had Mass and Communion where everyone would sit together and read, going over the lessons in the Bible and speaking of how to apply them to our own lives. So that we wouldn't give into the carnal sins of the body mates were to be chosen for us. It prevented fighting amongst ourselves for those that the eye favored more than others." The strictness and structure of la Chemin might sound distasteful to those living outside of it but each of the strict rules was done for some practical reason. And it also explained a bit about why Willam enjoyed being told exactly what to do as it was the only way that she felt assured that she would always be doing the right thing.

"There are those that refuse any sort of change just as there are those whom hold grudges against all wolves for what their ancestors had done against God. I don't share in either of those views. I live for the lessons so that I might act in the image of God and respond as he might have should he still be of this world. I miss the structure of la Chemin simply because I knew exactly what was considered wrong and what was right. I already fret over small misgivings as it is. I worry that with all of the freedom I am being allowed here that I will do more things wrong and not realize that I had strayed away from the proper path. I don't want to end up losing my way." Without strict guidelines that everyone adhered to it was impossible to tell what was right and what was wrong as everyone interpreted those situations differently and so they all came up with different answers. "I just don't want to learn later that I have done something wrong by you."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(1018) Let me know if I've got her bible desc wrong? :c

Myrika is by me!

The redhead listened with rapt attention as the silvery canine expounded upon her system of belief. It was inordinately relieving for Myrika to hear her openness to other systems of beliefs. Ithiel had not been one to proselytize, either, but his answers to the harder questions she posed always dealt with his higher power or his book, too. Perhaps it would be the same with Willam -- Myri made a mental note not to engage in too hefty a debate with her, as she did not feel comfortable challenging the woman the way she had Ithiel. It was different now, too -- when she and Ithiel had spoken, they had been at a level with one another, relative equals of rank. Now? Myrika was an Aquila and Willam's leader, and her word carried more weight. She would not have her Infernians thinking she sought to squash belief out of them. The place Myrika envisioned was one far more welcoming and open than the Inferni spun by her childhood: though now, the woman did think she understood it better. It was a defensive mechanism and little else. There was blood splashed across the pages of her history book, to be sure, but this place was not the bloodthirsty and terrible place she had been lead to believe. At least, not anymore, anyway.

She found herself nodding with the familiarity of the words Willam spoke about the deity and took the offered book in her hands gingerly. It was beautifully bound, albeit in well-worn condition. There was evidence of many hundreds -- perhaps thousands -- of readings. The hybrid ran her fingers over the cover, following the faded letters. Perhaps they had once been metallic gold or silver, Myri could not tell. Now only the faintest dust of lettering, along with the indentations where there had once been letters. She had held a book like this before. That book had been a belonging of Ezekiel, however, and it was as gone as he was. The woman's smile faded back into an expression of concentration as Willam continued. Her ears pricked at the words of fire: funeral pyres were not altogether unknown to Myri, but burials seemed more common. Burial was what Myri had always assumed would happen to her body upon her death -- but cremation was an end, too, wasn't it?

There were things Myrika understood, and things Myrika did not understand mixed in with what Willam said, but the overarching theme, the resounding message she picked up from the woman's speech, was that she needed guidance and direction. This surprised Myrika more than anything the Scorpius had said aloud: as a creature raised in relative freedom, unused to structure except that of Inferni, it had never occurred to Myri before that some might be more comfortable with a directive than the freedom for choice. She considered a long moment with a tilt of her head, imagining what it would be like with an omnipresent voice whispering in her ear. Surely, things would be made easier in part -- she'd always know what to do. There would be no more panicking and second-guessing herself. There was also a seed of fear, however, along with the curiosity Myrika felt at considering this. She could not imagine being so restricted in choice -- her imagining of la Chemin was a place of incredibly rigorous structure, unbending and unbreakable. It was frightening in a way Myrika could not quite grasp or put into words, though she would not speak so out of respect for Willam's dead.

At long last, the silvery-coated coyote ceased speaking, and Myrika herself did not know what to say for a moment. Finally, she breathed outward and smiled, handing the book back toward Willam. I've read your book already -- but perhaps I should do so again, she said. But I wouldn't take your copy away from you -- there's one in the D'Neville's library. You should have yours, if you need it to read and pray each day. There was gratitude in her voice, for there was nothing Myrika enjoyed better than a book, but she would not have Willam go through all the trouble of arduously copying the manual -- though. Copying... she can write, Myrika realized, remembering what Willam had spoken. Memorization and copying. I think I understand what you're saying. You'd rather I just told you what to do now, Myri said, thinking even as she spoke.

What did she want from Inferni? More specifically, what did she want of each individual coyote? I can't imagine I'd get mad at you for much. Protect our borders, don't betray Inferni, and don't screw up anything with the other packs too badly, she said. They were light-hearted instructions, but the hybrid meant each one -- they were the clan's laws, after all. That last one would probably be the hardest. I guess Inferni's not supposed to give much thought to what you do outside of the clan's territory, but I'm trying to play nicely with our neighbors so they leave us alone. Just don't bring anyone down on our heads, she added, still smiling. I promise you won't make anyone mad if you decide to sleep in, or if you get up at a different time each day, or if you only come out at night. Any which way, she said, using the time of rising as a specific example for the broader ways Inferni was generally indifferent to the day-to-day minutiae of the coyotes' daily lives.

Any questions? she asked, sticking both hands on her hips and doing her best impression of a kindly teacher. She was afraid to be too harsh with the coyotes of the clan, in truth -- and she knew eventually that would lead to trouble, but for now, Myrika was content to ease herself into the role of Aquila. There would be no stringent dictation of every second of the average Infernian's day while Myrika sat at the head of the clan.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 524 :: I had no real description for it other than being luperci made.

"It is what I am used to, yes." Willam admitted with a nod of her head. "but if that is not the way it is to be done then I can adapt." After all she wasn't about to make Myrika change her leadership style just to benefit her. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else. Willam was the odd one out and it wasn't right to force the ones used to freedom of choice into a more rigid structure simply because that is how Willam had been raised. "I admit that I fret too much when left to my own devices so I find that I enjoy the structure that was in la Chemin." Granted this was something new that she had learned about herself as she had only just recently gained such freedoms. She had never thought about it before when she was in la Chemin. She had never known anything else so she could have never desired for anything else. But now that she lost the system that she was so used to she found herself missing it greatly.

"I don't plan on causing any trouble. I haven't gone outside of the borders too often since arriving here. In la Chemin we had always stuck to ourselves so I'm not used to visiting with neighbors or traveling too far past the borders." So really there wasn't too much to worry about where Willam was concerned. She had only found on neighbor on accident and had left quickly enough. And after that encounter Willam hadn't left Inferni for awhile. The second time she had left it had been to Halifax for supplies. But she hadn't gone out after that. Willam was, quite simply, a homebody at heart. She had a place that she was safe and protected so she had no real desire to leave it.

Willam thought for a long moment as to whether or not she had any other questions. "Just where the best place to stay would be. I have just been resting wherever I happen to be at the time, usually in the forest." That was the only thing that Willam could think of that she hadn't gotten an answer for, or at least not an answer that she could work with. She didn't know where there was availability or the most room. All she really knew about residences was that the members of Inferni were spread out different places rather than all in one spot as they had been in la Chemin. "If you know a place where Châtiment can fit as well then that would be for the best as he has taken to following me wherever I go." Willam figured that was worth making mention of since she wouldn't feel right about leaving the stallion behind after how faithful he had been to her. She had grown to enjoy his company even if it was a silent one. It was just enough for her to know that he would always be there and would never leave her side. Having that one constant when her life had been turned upside down helped to comfort her a bit.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Myrika is by me!

There was something both frightening and admirable in giving one's life over to authority in the way Willam had seemed to before Inferni. Myrika had been an underling in the clan, once upon a time, but even then she had never experienced real structure. Inferni's loose hierarchy and lax demands were nothing like this place of la Chemin -- and still, Myrika could mourn the place. She imagined it as wonderfully synchronized and perhaps entirely lacking in anxiety. With certainty as to what one was always supposed to do, there was no chance for accidents and mistakes. If everyone thought the same, there would be no unexpected situations -- thus, perhaps an individual needn't fret about acting right. They'd always know. Thus, such a system was admirable.

And yet -- a lover of books and written things, Myrika could not help but be frightened in a deeper way. While on a logical level such a system and organization made sense, it evoked in her a primal sort of fear. Would such a place lack in creativity? Certainly, in love -- Willam had wanted to have her very children dictated over her -- Myri could not imagine outlining such restrictions over the coyotes within Inferni. She was too polite to speak her thoughts, either way -- to call Willam's dead and burned place admirable or frightening was insulting, Myrika thought. Patronizing in the first, offensive in the second.

Well -- if you're ever uncertain, you know you can just ask me. Not a problem, she said, smiling and allowing her hands to drop. I know what it's like to be nervous and uncertain, so, whatever I can do to help. She pondered whether she could truly bring herself to instruct Willam as to her partner, and wondered if it was cheating to declare herself happy with whatever Willam went with. Her question was one easily answered, and Myri smiled. You could stay in the caves? I think there are some large enough for a horse to enter, though not all horses will enter, I think... if not -- there's always the D'Neville mansion? There are stables attached to the garage, and you're welcome to one of them. There are a few other horses there, but it should be alright?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 355 :: So yeah, ended up having to file a police report.

Willam had certainly suffered from less anxiety while in la Chemin. As for love, Willam had no idea what that even was. She didn't see any problems with the way that she was raised because she hadn't known anything else previously. Even now she was having difficulties with all of these new concepts. All of the new freedoms were quite overwhelming. So of course if Willam had a choice she would go back to the way things were in la Chemin simply because she didn't feel the worry that she felt while in Inferni. It was nothing against Inferni but Willam simply wasn't used to such loose structure.

"Thank you." Willam looked quite grateful that she was able to call upon the leader should she find herself in further need of guidance. It really was a huge weight off her mind since Willam had been fretting over every little thing that she had been doing since she had first arrived in Inferni so a bit of extra guidance would be a huge relief to her. It also made her feel not so alone to the learn that the other knew just how it was to fret over things. Perhaps not to the extent that Willam took it too but it still made the large female not feel so alone.

A nod of her head was given as she was told of the different options available for places to stay with her equine companion. "Thank you. I am glad I spoke with you as Ithiel said that I should do." Once again she spoke her of her appreciation and gratitude. Willam moved over to the horse in order to pat his neck and let him know that she was ready to go. "I will go look at the caves. Thank you again." The words were given along with a wave as Willam excused herself in order to go find a place to take up residence. Not only that but she didn't want to just stand around and further waste the leader's time. Certainly there had to be other things that Myrika had to do as well.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

310 Sorry for the delay D: I feel extra bad now because I did not realize this thread was basically at a conclusion. ._. You can archivey after this if you want. <3

Myrika is by Alaine!

The redhead smiled, her slim coyote's muzzle bearing the expression easily. Though it was her duty to assist Inferni's members in whatever possible as a leader, the tawny-furred hybrid still enjoyed the thanks delivered to her on occasion. Some were not given to thanks at all -- Ithiel was just such, though she supposed he had little enough reason to thank her. Myrika often asked quite a lot of her cousin, though she supposed in a way that was giving him just what he wanted. The dust-colored coyote seemed to thrive beneath orders, just as Willam -- and he executed them quite well, she recalled. Perhaps she had just another such in Willam. The thought brightened her considerably, and she nodded her head, unsurprised to hear Ithiel had taken a liking to this one. They'd have a lot to discuss over with their respective beliefs -- the symbols of Willam's faith mirrored Ithiel's own, and Myri had rarely seen a canine so bedecked in symbols who did not bear the according beliefs.

Anytime, she said, and sincerely. If you're ever not sure, just come and ask. You won't be bothering me. I hope you find a nice cave, the hybrid said. Her voice was warm and quite sincere. There were plenty of caves, but some were unbearably damp -- and others were simply unsuitable, too small or too exposed to the elements due to their shallowness. She herself had considered first the caves, then the mansion -- and, finding both unsuitable, had settled in the Great Village for the schoolhouse's sturdiness and isolation both. Turquoise eyes followed Willam's retreat, still contemplating whether the woman would obey as Ithiel seemed to. She professed such, and certainly seemed it -- with wanting her very motherhood dictated, no less! -- and Myrika was both disquieted and relieved at this.

<style>
</style>[/html]