so called sile.nce
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Black paws beat the ground rapidly as Garnet sped towards the Quartz Shoreline. Well, she wasn’t really going there, but she was getting a bit farther away from the Inferni lands. Why? Because that was what Asphyxia had told her, ‘Meet me in Dampwoods but closer to the shore.’ That had bee all, but Garnet guessed that this had to do with her mother’s ‘big secret’ or whatever. Since the day Garnet had first shown up after her long absence, she had been waiting to hear what her mother had to say. She had mentioned that something was going on, but for some reason she had waited until now to tell her daughter what it was.

Puffing, the black she wolf came to a halt. She was closer to the ocean now; Garnet could smell salt on the wind. Now that the running was over came the hardest part; waiting. Sitting down, the young female looked around the forest, thinking. She was old enough to start shifting soon, so why hadn’t she? Maybe it was just that Garnet was having doubts on whether or not it would be a ‘good’ thing. There seemed to be no down-sides, and yet, she was still cautious. Shaking off the doubts, the red eyed coyote waited for her mother to arrive.

[/html]
[html]

http://i36.tinypic.com/11aj2fo.jpg); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; ">
      yay. O:

Asphyxia needed to tell someone besides the obvious which was Skoll. She had already told him but she needed to tell someone else, that could possibly help her. That brought her back to Garnet, the one she could trust the most out of her whole family. She couldn't just sweep this under the covers and she needed Garnet to know because she needed ideas on what to do. Hybrid would kill the pups if he found out she was carrying puppies that were a wolves, and he'd probably guess they were Haku's even though the time line wouldn't fit that anyways.
      Quietly in her thoughts, Asphyxia finally made it to where she was supposed to meet her daughter. And of course, like looking in a mirror, she saw her daughter and gave a light but extremely fake smile. Heart racing like a wild horse, she looked at Garnet, just looking at her and she finally spoke, “Garnet...” sighing, but then taking in a deep breath, “I have something to tell you. However, you have to promise that you won't tell a soul. This could effect everyone if you told anyone. It could mean me being in trouble with Hybrid and many others.” she looked at her daughter worried, “If this slipped out, this could be more danger then just me.” Garnet had to promise or Asphyxia wasn't going to tell her. She had to know that her secret was safe, even if Garnet was mad at her for everything. She realized how hard it was for Garnet considering that she thought her mother was still in love with Naloxone, but she was far from him now, especially with what she had to tell her now.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet turned to the sound of paw steps and saw her mother; the mirror image of herself. Besides their age, there was almost no differences between the two females, save for the fact that Garnet had three white dots under her right eye. She saw her mother put on a light smile and start to speak. Garnet listened quietly, wondering why she had forced herself to smile. She nodded upon the name ‘Hybrid’ though she still didn’t know that he was the coyote she had met her first day. In fact, she didn’t even think of him, except that he might also be a risk for whatever this was.

The daughter stood and wagged her tail slightly. They were going through the whole ‘I promise’ thing again. Last time, Garnet hadn’t been so intent on honoring her promise, but this time she felt that she must; though more because she was of the opinion that she shouldn’t give anyone valuable information. ”Sure thing, Mom. I promise I won’t say a word.” Red eyes met her mother’s as Garnet smiled briefly. It wasn’t a ‘light-hearted’ kind of smile, but more of a ‘trusting’ smile.

[/html]
[html]

http://i36.tinypic.com/11aj2fo.jpg); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; ">
      yay. O:

Asphyxia breathed in again to keep her nerves down, “Thank you Garnet. I'm telling you... because even without that promise, I trust you. I know you might get mad at first, and it's really big for you, and I realize that, I just don't want you using your anger to tell anyone. Anyways...” Asphyxia swallowed, it felt like her throat was so dry.
      After a few minutes, she finally started to speak, “It all started with a wolf named Haku... he is a very screwed up one. He is part of Dahlia de Mai, and I suppose you already found out about the whole war. The war started because of me, I attacked some wolf while I was... on substances, and it killed her pups, only she survived. So out of revenge, Haku came to Inferni, 'taught' me a lesson and then killed a mother coyote and her baby like he was proving something...” she looked at her daughter, hoping she wasn't scaring her, “Anyways, so I went up to the mountains to catch a break, to be able to breathe and fight with myself over how stupid how I had been, that I deserved everything Haku did to me. However, then a wolf named Skoll came and joined me... he was so kind to me that it honestly changed my view of some wolves. Then later, a wolf with rabies tried to attack me, but he saved me. That's when everything began...” she looked around nervously, making sure no one was around, she was talking low anyways so only Garnet could hear, “We started to see each other every chance we got, made it secret out in the woods here so no one would find out. Eventually, things went farther but one time that I went to go home, a wolf attacked me, kidnapped me to lure Skoll. However, Skoll killed him and I came out fine of course, because if he didn't, he'd be dead instead. That made me fall more in love with him then I ever had been in the first place. However, the whole point of the story is... I'm scared.” tears formed in her eyes, and quietly she sat down, stretching her back legs out, “I cannot shift to Optime form anymore until well.. the puppies I'm carrying are born. I don't know what to do... I wanted to tell you because I am expecting for you to understand, unlike anyone else that would just try to kill the pups as soon as they're born, something Hybrid would take up doing.” This was Asphyxia's desperate cry for help to her daughter, she had no idea what to do. She never was in this situation before, she always stayed with her 'own kind'.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
The daughter nodded and sat down again; so part of this was just because her mother needed someone to vent on. Someone that she could trust. It had come to Garnet’s attention that not everyone in Inferni was going to have your back, and quiet a few might end up stabbing it. And thus, the explanation came. Through the whole thing she managed to remain silent. Somehow, she knew that her mother wouldn’t appreciate if her daughter suddenly started commenting on this clearly traumatic experience. So it had been her mother that started the Dahlia de Mai war. Anselm hadn’t really explained it too her, so this whole thing was rather surprising and hit closer to home. Of course, then she mentioned a wolf named Haku, and Garnet felt anger burning under her skin, and though she tried to keep her face mostly neutral her two red eyes burned.

And then Asphyxia got to the part about Skoll. Shock spread across Garnet’s features and her mouth dropped. ’Skoll?!’ And yet, she still kept quiet and let her mother finish. In fact, Garnet was too busy thinking about Skoll to worry about the past and her father. The younger female grew concerned as tears came from her mother’s eyes. Garnet had always seen her mother as a very strong person, and to see her cry made Garnet want to cry herself. When her mother had finished, the daughter remained quiet for a few seconds; letting it all sink in and such. Then, still quiet, Garnet stood up and walked a few paces away before turning back to face her mother. When she spoke, there was no anger in her voice, just amazement and a touch of frustration. ”Are you SERIOUS!? Skoll? I met him, like, two days ago and he denied knowing you!” She huffed a bit and stamped her feet. She didn’t want to do anything terrible to him, but Garnet had the urge to find him and tell him how much of a big liar he was.

She paced around a bit before stopping suddenly like she had just remembered something, which she had. Garnet turned back to her mother, he voice quieter, though still amazed. ”Wait, did you say puppies?”

[/html]
[html]
ooc

You are the weapon I choose.

Asphyxia looked at her daughter unsure of what to say else when she said what she did about Skoll, "Yes, we've been keeping ourselves a secret. so enable to do that, he's probably been denying to everyone that he knows me..." and then her daughter stopped mid everything just to ask about puppies, and Asphyxia nodded, "Yeah... but to be honest, even after everything, they are really a blessing in disguise. That's what children are no matter the circumstances, they are always a blessing, especially all my children." she smiled at her daughter but then looked at her, "I... I know this is all hard to take in right now, but just please understand. That's all I ask of you... I just want acceptance about this, especially from you."

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet knew that it made sense for Skoll to have lied to her, but that didn’t make her any less upset about it. Still, if her mother was going to leave her father and be with anyone else, Skoll had seemed pretty nice. It struck her than that she hadn’t really thought about her father in a while. Maybe she was starting to ‘let go’ herself, though in her case it was less like drop and run and more like a fading image. If he showed back up again, she would be happy, but until then she didn’t feel like worrying about it. She was far more concerned about her sister, Midnight. And why was she thinking about this now she should be worrying about her mother and Skoll’s unborn children.

At the comment about children, Garnet huffed softly but smiled at her mother. She nodded at the next statement. Why was her mother always seeking approval from her? Whether or not Garnet approved of her mothers actions, it mattered not. Asphyxia could and would go and do as she pleased. ”Yeah, it’s a bit much. But Skoll was nice when I talked to him, and you don’t need my permission to like whoever you want. Might be nice to have little brothers and sisters.” The young female gave a sort of half smile before turning a bit more serious. ”But what about this Hybrid person, he’s my brother right? Why would he want to harm you or the pups?”

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia smiled at her daughter, "I love you Garnet, and you seemed upset when you first came back and I was talking about... 'letting go' of the memory of your father... I just care how you feel." she went up to her daughter and nuzzled her. However, she then started to ask about Hybrid, "Yes, Hybrid is your brother. However, I don't want to really talk about him, I don't want me to be the reason for you to hate any of your siblings, so we'll leave it at I don't know if he'll... approve." she sighed but nuzzled her daughter one more time, "I'm just so happy that you're alright with this."

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
The daughter returned the smile from Asphyxia. ”I love you too, mom. And I had been kind of naïve or something at the time; I had expected everything to,” Garnet received and returned the nuzzle from her mother. ”Be back exactly the way it had been.” The black female frowned slightly at the vague description of Hybrid. ’Must be the hard to please type.. or the pre-judging type.’ She smiled again as Asphyxia nuzzled her. ”Of course I’m alright with this; I might not agree with you all the time on every subject, but I will always love you, and I’ll always be here if you want to talk.” It was strange, their roles had been reversed recently; Garnet seemed to be comforting her own mother more than visa versa.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia nodded, understanding, "Well thank you again. It means more to me than you know. And..." she looked away and then looked back at Garnet, "I'm sorry that lately I've been depending on you, leaning on you rather than me supposed to be here for you. So if you ever want to talk about anything, I'm here... I'm your mother, I'm supposed to help you with stuff." quietly Asphyxia smiled, "So how has your time here at the new lands been for you? Meet anyone interesting?" the breeze started to settle upon Asphyxia's back and she shuddered. She hoped that her daughter was having and would have a better life than she had upon the lands.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet smiled back at her mother, nodding slowly. Her mother was apologizing for something that she really didn’t need to apologize for. ”It is fine, mom. You had some stuff to get through, I get it.” The black female smiled at her mother; this was certainly an interesting conversation they were having. When the topic of meeting people was brought up though, her thoughts turned almost immediately to the male she had met on her first day. Garnet huffed as she began.

”Well, there was the ass-hole I met on my first day that wouldn’t even tell me his fucking name, for starters. Maybe you know him? Scruffy, red fur red eyed bastard, bit small for a male but still a little larger than I. DAMN he was so fucking annoying.” And so she huffed and puffed and scratched the earth with her claws. Remembering something else, she stopped her huffing and continued. ”Oh, and I met the prisoner, not sure what to think about her.” The female shrugged.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia chuckled at her daughters language. It wasn't surprising that she turned out more like herself than she wanted. However she tensed up at the description, "So you did meet Hybrid. Although I know it's hard not to do." she sighed and turned and when she mentioned the prisoner, a low growl crept in her throat, "Don't speak to her. You'll get yourself in trouble if you leak out any unwanted information." she sighed and looked around, everything was so complicated. Asphyxia was afraid Garnet might wind up in trouble, and she wouldn't be able to protect her, due to being pregnant, "Just try not to get in trouble. That's the last thing I want and the last thing you need." she chuckled again, "Like mother, like daughter."

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
”Ah-ha! I suspected he was Hybrid, that damn ass-hole. He knew who I was after the first glance. And by the way,” Garnet turned to her mother, eyes blazing and hackles raised. ”Like God damn HELL I would tell him about your pups. Someone should kick his ass.” The daughter huffed a bit more before calming down a touch, and she didn’t even gain back her anger with her mother’s warning. ”Pfft, kinda hard to give information that you don’t have. But whatever.” Garnet raised an eyebrow at her mother’s comment. ”Yeah, if you say so. I’ll try not to ruffle anyone’s feathers.”

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia laughed for once and nudged her daughter again with the tip of her nose, "Calm the language, no need to swear you know. They are just useless words that are used so we can describe rather how mad we are or whatever, but I understand and I'll be sure to keep you and the pups safe from anyone." she looked around, it was starting to get dark, "I think we should head home though... it looks like it's going to rain." quietly Asphyxia nodded her head, "Come on." and together the mother and daughter pair went home.

[/html]