murderdeathkill
OOC: Sorry if it's choppy love, it's a common problem when I post between customers at work. >.> Set Aug 15. Wink

[html]

Dear Packmother, she hurt. Her body was stiff and littered with gashes and bruised bones, and each step sent pain through her right side where two broken ribs were only just starting to mend. It had been about a week since the ill-fated battle with Inferni, and the girl's left eye was still half-shut as the gash that split her eyelid from above her brow to below her cheekbone healed. Quite honestly, Kol shouldn't even be wandering around Dahlia in the shape she was in, let alone stalking clumsily through the woods so far from her packlands. But she was worried. Earlier in the day the filix had decided to check in on her closest friend, only to find Lexey missing. No one had seen her, and Kol knew her friend was in the same shape she was in herself, if not worse. Alexey didn't have the ability to shift, which only worsened the damage done when her opponent was shifted.

Of course, the black Stormbringer had set out to find the missing girl. She'd followed her scent southwest, into the shadowy woods of the Eclipse, a territory Kol frequented when she desired somewhere quiet to be alone. But as her scent had faded, the black female had retraced her steps, finding herself quite suddenly to the southern side of Inferni. Immediately, Kol's hackles raised and she grumbled beneath her breath. Her mood today was anything but peaceful, and all she wanted to do was find Alexey and head back home. Her friend undoubtedly felt the same uselessness Kol did as they were forced to lie low and heal, but trudging outside the packlands alone was simply foolish, not to mention dangerous. The ebony shewolf had no idea how true her thoughts would ring.

As Kol rounded a large rocky outcropping amongst a set of particularly dense trees, the wind suddenly shifted and the girl froze. She knew that scent, and this was all she needed to make things just that much worse. This time the bastard grizzly wasn't eating, but he must have remembered her scent as well, because there was suddenly a great crashing and roaring headed toward Kol from her left. SHIT. All the smaller shewolf could do was turn and brace herself for the impact, as there was no possible way she could run in her condition. She just prayed the bear would be satisfied with incapacitating her, and would just leave her alive.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">
I love the name of this thread, lol. Demolition Man was all kinds of lol.

sharksThe last few days in the forest had probably been the longest he'd ever spent in such an environment, and he couldn't really decide whether or not he liked it. The rain had made the dirt and grass soft and muddy, and the branches overhead made it harder to read the sky for signs that the storms would pass soon. Still, the woods were more plentiful in prey, and if anything, they were just as quiet and lonely as the beaches, even if he missed the sea breeze and the scent of salt. Arkham wandered through the forest, wondering if he ought to hunt down his father or just go and confront Gabriel. Hiding around with a cloak and mask seemed like such a childish thing to do. Having been unable to find wild mint to replenish his supply, the coyote didn't really smell like anything anymore. Except maybe rain.

sharksHe heard the thunderous footsteps before he heard the roar, but was running before he realized it. He had never seen a bear before, but recognized it immediately when he saw it. The dark girl it was charging towards already looked injured, but he didn't really have time to linger on her. Shouting out with no words, Arkham barked in some feral coyote's voice and reached under his cloak for a knife. Pulling out two between his fingers, he threw them at the charging animal's face. One seemed to bury itself, however shallowly, in its neck and the other grazed its ear. Angry and confused, the bear didn't really have a chance to react before Arkham cleared the distance between them, went behind it, and leaped onto its back, trying to restrain it. Get out of here!

[/html]
OOC: I love that movie like whoa. XD And I use that term ALLATIME. Wink It seemed fitting.

[html]
Kol nearly jumped out of her skin in shock as a figure intercepted her charging nemesis. The fact that someone was near enough to help was surprising in itself, but add to that the fact that that someone was willing to help was what really made her head spin. The girl's shock lasted only a split second, the stranger's command shattering her confusion. Unable to actually run, Kol limped at a fast walk to the rocky outcropping she'd been skirting to begin with, gritting her teeth as she pulled herself up it until she was at the top.

The effort of her climb had reopened many of the half-healed wounds along her body, and a rivulet of blood trickled from each of the cuts across her left eye. Violet eyes watched in fascination as the cloaked optime canine battled his significantly larger opponent, flashes of silver streaking between the two to land with incredible precision in the body of the berserking grizzly. Kol narrowed her eyes as she witnessed the battle, cursing her own stupidity for wandering alone and her inability to aid her rescuer in his fight. All she could do was watch, and pray to the Packmother that the bear would retreat and leave the masked coyote alive.
[/html]
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">

sharksArkham had never fancied himself any kind of hero. He had never imagined that he would be charging towards an angry bear for a complete stranger, and even as he did it, he had a hard time acknowledging that what was happening was actually happening. Of course, that was partially because he didn't have time. The bear swiped at him but could not reach, so he reared up to his full height and started twirling recklessly, trying to throw off the smaller mammal. Unfortunately, the coyote wasn't in much of a position to do anything either. Though the bear couldn't reach him, Arkham now had to concentrate his full energy to not getting thrown off and thus could do little on the offensive front.

sharksDigging his claws into the grizzly's thick fur, he sank his teeth into the creature's ear, partially just to hold onto something else, and partially hoping more injuries would convince it to stop and go away. The bear roared and decided to back into a tree, crushing the coyote in between. Grimacing, Arkham let go of its ear and tried to shimmy up higher, onto the bear's shoulders. It was a ridiculous sight to be certain, but the bear was not so amused. It moved from the tree, dropped back onto all fours and did something rather intelligent. It rolled forward, throwing its masked attacker on his back on the ground and leaving him completely exposed.

[/html]
OOC: I suck. You may flog me. x.x

[html]

Kol winced as her savior was crushed between the bear and the thick tree, squinting desperately to see if he was still alive. She sighed a bit in relief as she spotted him clambering up the grizzly's shoulders, then gasped as he was thrown to the ground. SHIT! If she didn't do something, it would have him. Without a second thought, the girl lunged down from her safe vantage point, yelping as she hit the ground, and focused her furious violet gaze on the ursine. She knew what she was about to do was probably suicide, but she couldn't just let the stranger, who didn't have to get involved in the first place, pay for her negligence.

"Hey, you filthy, foul-smelling son of a spermrag, I thought it was me you wanted!?! Come and get me, I can't exactly run away!!" The comments probably sounded like nonsensical screaming to the bear's ears, as Kol didn't know how to speak low speech. It didn't matter though, her ploy had worked, and the grizzly turned it's infuriated attention to her, letting out an ear-shattering roar as it charged.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

*beats!* :3

sharksWithin the instant the bear took its eyes off him, he rolled back onto his feet. Grateful as he was for the distraction, he could not help but feel frustrated that the girl had not taken her leave. If she was already injured, then she would need to take all the time she could in escaping. I told you to get out of here! he barked at her again before taking a deep breath and bounding off after the once-again charging bear. Running parallel to it, Arkham slammed all of his weight into the side of the angry animal. Young and lanky, the coyote certainly didn't weigh much, but it was enough to throw the bear off balance and onto its side. Immediately thrashing, it tore part of his cloak into strips.

sharksArkham produced another knife and slashed it against the side of his opponent's neck, unfortunately, missing the jugular. The bear gave another horrendous roar though and threw itself back onto its feet, foreclaws outstretched. It knocking the coyote down again and suddenly, there was blood. Straight, even lines of red across a yearling's grey stomach. He only gritted his teeth though and swiped his blade again; now with the bear right on top of him, it was near-impossible to miss. Instantly, he was covered in the other's blood as well. After one more deafening roar, the grizzly collapsed on top of him.

[/html]
OOC: Yay! Kol won't be plagued by the angry smelly stupid bear anymore! XD

[html]

Well, there was gratitude for you! Kol couldn't help but feel a twinge of indignation at the masked male's scolding, and she narrowed her eyes a bit. If she HAD run off, with the way the battle had gone, her savior would probably be dead right now. Sighing in relief and rolling her violet eyes when she realized the hulking grizzly was, indeed, dead, she chalked the canid's comment up to simply being a typical me-strong-you-weak arrogant male.

Still wincing a little from her landing off her rocky promontory, Kol limped toward the mass of bear and canine, hoping the male was still breathing beneath its bulk. She knew he'd more than likely need help getting the carcass off him, and though she hadn't nearly the strength as usual, between the two of them they should be able to at least roll it out of the way. "Alright, which way would be best to roll it off you?"

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

sharksFor a moment, he really didn't want to move the grizzly. That would require more effort. And all of a sudden, he just wanted to pass out and take a nap. Sleep for a day. The bear was weight against his wounds too; he couldn't tell how serious they were yet, but he had the distinct feeling that as soon as the bear was removed, he would start gushing blood. And for some reason, he still couldn't help but feel annoyed at the girl for still being there. Was it arrogance? He wasn't sure. No one had ever called him arrogant before, though that might be because they had had his brother to compare him to.

sharksThe gashes on his stomach were more on the left, so he answered with The right, and have a small jerk of his head.

[/html]