Abandoned! [AW]
[html]

Sura had been romping in the community garden again, this time taking careful precautions to be rambunctious around the garden, but not actually in it. She'd expected Colli to show up and play, but it wasn't Colli's usual time to do so, and Sura had forgotten to ask Colli if she would come. Nonetheless, when her adult friend didn't show up, Sura finally left and went home.

Everything felt normal as Sura walked in the door to Hael and Grace's house. She'd been sent to live with them and with the exceptions of a few unmade beds and an inordinate amount of accidentally broken dishes, things went along alright. Neither of them were home, so Sura settled in her room and played with a radish-like plant "dollie" she'd found, long wilted. When the night fell, they still weren't home. Sura forgot to eat dinner, which was probably a good thing, as their stock of food had been quite low. When her bedtime came, she stayed up late because she could and feel asleep on the floor.

When the morning dawned, Sura awoke, startled at her being on the floor instead of her bed, wandered about the house confused, and came to the conclusion that they still weren't home. She fixed herself breakfast eating the last of the food in the cupboards, went out, and returned in the afternoon with a snack in mind. But there was no more food left. Only now did it begin to dawn on her that something was seriously wrong. A stomach ache haunted her the rest of the evening and she napped until the morning of the third day. She checked the cabinets, and still, there was no food.

It was dawn when Sura stood outside, now fully at the realization something was quite wrong, not to mention her stomach pleading with her to be filled. "Wuuuncllllllllllllleeeeeeeee! Waaaauntiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!" , she sat a few feet away from the home's doorstep and shouted as loud as she could, as if they were merely playing hide and go seeek. " Wheres ares yous? I don't want to plays this games anymore! Pleases come out! I'm scareds!" , Sura's eyes began to well up in frightened tears.

A thought suddenly hit her. Actually, it was a seedpod dropping from a tree above, the gentle clunk on her noggin enough to shift her thoughts. Instead of being scared, she should be brave! If she set the house on fire, they would come and be with her again, right? They couldn't have abandoned her, surely they didn't ! Sure ran over to a smoldering campfire from the night before with a dry branch and returned with a make-shift torch. Holding it in her mouth carefully, she faced the house, determined to destroy anything that would hurt her, as this was her relatives house, they had left, and somehow burning it to the ground would surely soothe her hurt and bring them back.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]

TlL;DR On day three, Sura realizes that Grace and Hael have abandoned her. Sura hasn't eaten for some time and is hungry and very upset. She stands with a blazing torch and is getting ready to set their house on fire . In her confused mind, this is a Good Idea.

Sura is 4 months now and in those three days has demonstrated that she is definitively not capable of taking care of herself on her own.
[html]

Ink hadn't really meant to get up so early that day. He'd wanted to sleep in, since he'd tended to the stables late the night before. Still, something kept stirring him awake. Eventually, he hoisted himself up and dressed, leaving his house behind to try and walk off the restlessness- maybe get some more sleep before noon.

He turned a few corners and froze, coming face to face with a terrible sight. A puppy, no bigger than he'd been at two months of age, stood there in front of a house with a blazing branch in her mouth. Multiple alarms went off in his head- if she dropped that torch, she'd light the place on fire and that could risk the other houses in Jordheim! If she held on to it too long, it would burn her face! The puppy shouldn't be playing with fire. Absolutely not. Even the young and inexperienced Ink knew that.

So without any real warning, he launched himself forward and reached to grab the torch away quickly. What the heck are you doing? You'll hurt people! He scolded sharply. If the girl released her hold on the torch, he'd throw it to the ground and stamp it out harshly. If not, well, he'd keep a grip on it as not to let her do anything stupid. What were you thinking? He looked down at her with a stern expression, ears perked forward and eyebrows pinched together.

Word Count → 243

I'd love to fill in the role of 'care taker' with Ink! Big Grin

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

The flame was hot against her face, reflecting the same feeling as her tears of anguish, betrayal, and hatred. They had left her without warning, without goodbye, and worst of all, she felt they had merely left her on her own to die. Her mother had sent her here on good faith that things would be well, but this hardly fit the description of what Sura thought would be happening. Her stomach made a squelching sound of complaint at its apparent emptiness.

The fire at the end of the stick was hot. It was red and gleamed, just like the devil's eyes. With black tipped-ears and a white body, he seemed angry at her as she peered at the creature who stepped forwards from the fire. Seeing it through the flames, she'd assumed it had merely arrived out of the fire, as it did look like some devilish thing to her. Sura didn't care what any angels or devils would say, she would burn this house down. But she couldn't resist the opportunity to talk.

"I'm am burns it down! Burns it all! Dey left me to die in dat houwse! So I kills da houwse! ", she shook her head from side to side, causing a red blur of heat. Embers drifted into the air and quickly faded out just as fast. "No one abandondedededs Sura! No one weaves me to dies byes myselfs! Bad house ! Bad! I don'ts cares what you says Mr. Satans, I burns it downs! ", she growled at the stick as the flame crept closer to her nose.

She began to step forwards with the torch. "Stands back Mr. Satans, you no wants to get hurts. Ou, ah, is hots.", she paused and began to mutter to herself. "Why Mr. Satans only comes now but nots when I calls him at pway...."

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]

The kid was crazy. She'd lost it. Ink was suddenly sure of this. The teenager growled in frustration and didn't bother hesitating again. When she crept forward, he launched himself at her fully, ready to deal with any fire that caught his clothing and fur in the resulting tumble. His aim was to steal the torch away forcefully, while also to pin the girl down, so she couldn't cause any more trouble. If all went well, the torch would be put out with a good covering of dirt and his attention would turn to holding the girl 'hostage' for a bit.

You can't kill a house, kid! If you burn that house, you'll risk burning every other house in Jordheim. Mine and Saul's included! He growled to her, obviously not at all impressed. What's more, you'll seriously hurt yourself and anyone else who gets caught in the flame. Do you really want to hurt us? He lowered his voice after that, easing up on the weight he'd settled onto her.

Sura. Sura, right? Listen, you'll be okay. I don't know what's happened to you, Sura, but I'm not going to let you die or anything, so calm down, okay? He'd lower his head on top of hers, sighing softly. Calm down, little fae. Slow down. Listen to my voice and not the flames. Peace, little fae, find peace. I'm here to help you, now. He sang at a hushed volume, hoping it would help to ease the pup's crazies.

Word Count → 251

Hope the PP's okay.

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
It was cute. Not bad! A little more power play here .

[html]

In one moment her eyelids were blinking, struggling to stay open wide enough for her to see and shield her vulnerable irises at the same time. In the next, she felt herself being manipulated like a rag doll. The torch wasn't in her mouth anymore but extinguished by Mr. Satan's capable agility. And her body wasn't free-standing anymore but held down with a thousand pounds of bricks and muscle. Sura felt her eyes well up with tears again in a warm hatred of everything and everyone. She found herself shouting, but she hardly knew what she was saying. Her words were based off of the emotions she felt this very second, and nothing deeper, incapable of expressing her innermost desires, thoughts, or any longstanding notion.

"But I donts knows bouts You or Saul or who dey is! I don'ts cares who they ares! No one cares abouts Suras! I just wants my mummy back! I just wants goes home! I don'ts cares if I goes backs to swavery no more or gets marrieds at ages six moths to ten years old mans. No one cares bouts Suras ! I hurts uncles house and makes it burns! I don'ts cares!"

He said he didn't know what had happened, and that he wouldn't let her get hurt, but she'd told him already. He wasn't listening now, she felt sure of it. She could hardly breathe with her nose pressed against him so she moved it and began sucking in oxygen instead of sweat and fur. "I don'ts cares! I wants to die!", she felt she was screaming, but her voice was barely at a normal level. Her heart pounded the blood through her veins, every drumbeat a moment of her wasted existence gone by.

There was a voice, a sort of song, a gentle melody. But Sura didn't care and she wanted to smash that house into bits. She wanted to be a dinosaur so she could trample it underfoot like it was no more than a piece of toiletpaper and not her entire life. It was all broken and messed up and she wanted nothing more than to watch the entire world burn and crumble. But the voice continued, the song lulling her heartrate down one by one. What if she got away from him? The stick was still right there, she could grab it and whack him on the head, light it on fire, and proceed as she was before. Or, she could light it on fire and then ward him away with the flames like a foul beast. The song continued, gentle words sweeping her off the ground.

Sura felt as if she were floating above her own body. The stick was there, but it was so far away, she'd have to stretch to reach it. And here was a nice and cozy and warm spot at someone's chest with a lullaby and love and care.

"Okay.....", her voice was dreamy and it seemed to span an entire eternity to fully come out of her mouth. She felt agreeable and light, as if she'd say yes to whatever the man asked.

Sura, , the Mr.Satan would ask. Would you like to jump off a cliff with me?, he would say, and Sura would nod yes. Yes, she wanted to very much. But I'm going to watch, you jump first.. Yes, yes she still wanted to and away she would go. There wouldn't be any down or up or gravity or even physics as long as this soft feeling would continue in her head. Perhaps she'd died and this was Mr. Satan here to usher her to heaven. She'd been a good girl, so surely she'd go. Even if she had been bad and went to the other place that wasn't heaven, what could be the worst that could happen to her? As long as this feeling continued, nothing in the world would feel bad or hurt ever again. Besides, all dogs went to heaven, and she was half dog, so she would at least go to half a heaven.

The light headed feeling dissipated as she sucked in oxygen and instead got a fly. She coughed it up and it flew off elsewhere to bother someone else. Sura looked up at the figure who held her down. "It's okays, Mr. Satan. You can let goes. I'm ready to goes to heavens nows.", she smiled up at him, showing her teeth.

But where had that fuzzy feel-good feeling gone? Sura began to wiggle until she found it, with her head pressed against the man's chest. Ah, here it was, the feeling returned slowly but gradually as she suffocated herself in the middle of the man's front, where the muscles met and provided a dip just the right size for her nose to sink into and not breathe anymore oxygen. Coping as best as it could, her brain slowed functions, her blood stream carrying less oxygen than it was before.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]

Sura is purposefully suffocating herself against Ink to get lightheaded.
(I didn't see this one coming)
[html]

He did his best to pretend that the pup's words were all emotion, no truth behind the evil things she screamed. The girl was hurting. He'd felt a pain like that before, when his mother died. He hated her, hated everyone, for quite some time afterwards. Maybe that had been the reason he'd left. Maybe he'd made a mistake then, but this was his home now. Sura. Sura needed love, needed someone to depend on. She needed a real family and as he sang to her, as she calmed down and eventually went docile and quiet. He continued to sing softly to her until she turned to look at him, smiling and speaking of heaven. He frowned, but the look was sad and not angry as it had been before.

Slowly, carefully, he moved to sit up, still cradling the girl to his chest as he did so. He turned away from the house and with careful legs, stood with her in his arms, cradled like a newborn. Shhh, Sura. You're not ready for heaven yet, baby. He spoke, hushed. Slowly, carefully, he started back towards his own house with her. He held her so she couldn't continue her suffocation attempts, one hand placed on her shoulders in just the right way to keep her from pressing too hard against him now. You're safe now. You're not alone, baby. I'm here. I've got you, now.

Soft words of comfort were whispered to her, his head low to block her gaze from the world around, touch gentle but firm, reassuring. My name's Ink. I'll take care of you. You won't have to do anything bad, okay? You can be a part of my family now, if you want. We Trovatos take care of eachother and I won't let anybody hurt you ever again, okay? A promise he fully intended on keeping. You're okay, now. You can stay with me. I promise I'll love you and raise you well, okay? We can go exploring together and chase stuff together. I'll teach you to hunt and to fight and to read and write, okay? And how to ride a horse and I'll even get you your very own horse, okay? His words were a desperate attempt at changing her thought process, to turn her thoughts to the good things he was promising to her. Little Sura, can you be my baby sister now? I've always wanted a baby sister and I promise to be a good big brother, okay?

Word Count → 418

Ink's bein' all smart and holding her scruff to keep her from doing so. XD Also, as long as the pp's okay still, he's carrying her back to his house.

<style>

[/html]
So cute I could be sick = ]

[html]

Sura felt her body leave the ground but she didn't want to believe it was happening. Her nose began to pump in normal oxygen again and the fuzziness from asphyxiation had begun to dwindle, leaving only a feeling of comfort. She hadn't ever felt so helpless, so little, so futile. But as she felt her body manipulated like a puppet, she hardly cared. It felt warm and safe her and all the terrible things that lurked in her mind had been slowly swept away.

Why was she called a baby? She wasn't a baby, she was big! She was bigger than big! She was bad and terrible! One day she'd conquer the world! But, it was awfully comforting here. Her eyelids blinked by themselves and her mouth issued a yawn all on its own. Maybe she'd worry about such things later, this was nice. Her body felt lazy and she hardly wanted to move.

One eye blinked, and then the other, her irises unfocused as her ears swept in all there was to hear. She repeated back what she'd heard as a sort of confirmation to herself. Although she wanted to believe that these things were so sudden and unexpected they should come as a surprise to her, the emotion simply wouldn't come as laziness had enveloped her limbs and mind. She mumbled it all back aloud. "Ink Satan's familes. Not heavens. We does Trovatos . N' goes asplorins n' howses n' sisters n' bwodthers. Ink Satan, bwoder. ", her mind at half power parsed together most of what the man had said, taking his last name as his job, Sura's mistaken diety as his first name, his first name as his last name, and the rest for pretty much correct.

"Ink Satan's, my's browders. ", she repeated for emphasis and confirmation, as if trying to convince herself this was real. But like a person's who's driven nothing but junker vehicles all their life suddenly put behind the wheel of a brand new car, it didn't feel quite right.

"Can I has milks feed my dollies wocks go birds asplosion.... ", she began to say something but her voice drifted off as her brain powered down. Sura began to snore. The third one was so loud that she woke herself up, jolting awake and finding herself in the arms of a stranger. Her mouth opened to say something as she peered up at him. Her expression contorted to anger and held. And then to sadness and held. And then to confusion and held. When at last it seemed her chameleon expressions had completed, the efforts drained out of her face and she felt content. Her tail gave a thud at some fleeting thought.

"Mr. Satan Inks you my brwoder, let's go eats! N' den I wants shows you how make fwogs ASPWODES ! N' den, n' den, wills you tells me hows you gets be wuler of dwakness? Dids yew twicks sum'un ? Wif foods? I wewry hungwies, if I not eats for a weeks, wills my poops turns gweens? Dat be scawies, what if poop has gween poops in it wif foods? What poops made outs ofs anyways? Does poops got foods in it? If it has foods in it, den I musts bes wasting poops. Foods, I means. Bad bodies, bads, wastin's pwecous foods. I'm awfwy hungweis, are we at foods yets? ... I fowgowts what I was sayins. ...", she was suddenly awry with energy, her tongue expending the bulk of it. Given the occasional squelch of her stomach and the subject of her speech, it was easy to see what she was preoccupied with. Her eyes looked around here and there, now alert.

The makeshift torch stood as it was before, one end half in dirt, the other out, as if a memorial to the two who'd once left there. In Suras mind, the experience was now no more than a battle scar, a cool story to tell about that one time her guardians abandoned her to die and how she almost burned the village down. The scene caught her eye, but nothing seemed to register in her mind.

"Mr. Ink Satans? I gwads yous my bwoders.", she smiled shyly, her heart warm with a feeling as if she'd known this man all her life. In this world, there was no such thing as stranger danger, and with front doors kept wide open and unlocked, here in the arms of this well-meaning young man, Sura's heart felt warmed as if by the sun. Things would be alright, she knew it. Her mind drifted to the inner workings of feeces, frogs, explosions, and food once more.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]

(feel free to end/close if you like.)
[html]

The girl's sleepy words were reassuring to the boy. She'd calmed down, now. She'd be okay. He was sure. She kept calling him Satan, but now she added his name in first, as if Satan were his last name and not Trovato. Cute, if a bit creepy. We'll do all that, Sura. We'll explore and ride horses and everything. I promise. He purred to her as they came to his front door. She started to snore softly, but woke with a start not a few breaths in.

He chuckled softly as he opened the door to his house, her voice filling his ears with excited babble once more. They entered the house even as she spoke, leaving the terrible scene of what had been her abandonment behind. I should have something around here for you to eat. It won't be anything fresh, but it'll be food. He smiled, sliding inside and shutting the door behind them. The warm embrace of his house was comforting. He moved over to the chest on the far wall and opened it, revealing many things. One particular bag smelled delicious, of spices and dried meat.

He pulled it out and opened it up, leaving it on the ground for her. I'm glad you're my sister, Sura. He murmured, setting her down finally. Now eat up. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Plenty of adventure and stuff to do, so you'll need all the food you can eat and all the rest you can sleep, alright? He'd let her eat her fill, munching on some of the jerky himself before filing her into his room with him- later, he'd clean out the spare room beside his and give it to her, but for now she could sleep beside him in his bed.

That night, the new brother and sister set slept on peacefully, bellies full and minds at ease with the sense of family. He slept in his lupus form for her, curled around her smaller frame to keep her safe and sound through the cool night's darkness. Come morning, they'd be facing a whole new lifestyle- but for now, they could rest and dream and relax. Nothing could prepare Ink for the challange ahead, of raising a wild puppy all by himself. He had no idea of the troubles that waited for him, just around the hour...

Word Count → 398

End.

<style>

[/html]