There's a stranger here,
[html]

His time spent with Vinatta was time well spent indeed. Ink couldn't have felt more at home in any place more than in Jordheim. Their vast territory gave him plenty of space to ride Jericho and the other members of the pack were fantastic people. He'd made friends, and best friends- Tem and Andy. He'd come to accept Saul and his mate, Lilin, as his alphas and family. The vald, Niernan, had quickly become a trusted member of Ink's makeshift family, like an uncle to the boy. Colibri was always on the corner of his mind, for her pups that she didn't seem to fond of last they'd spoken of them. Erza, the friendly enough secui, had been accepted into the same opinion.

And then there was Sura. The pup had lost her family, left behind when they'd left the pack. He'd considered seeking them out, but not knowing them and seeing how they'd abandoned the girl, he decided they didn't deserve the thought. He'd taken Sura into his care, had spent the entire night clearing out one of the two spare rooms for her to use, bedding it down with soft pelts and warm blankets. To add comfort, he'd covered the walls with colorful material of all sorts, making it child-friendly the best way he knew how. Thinking back to the final result, he'd seen a strange similarity in it to his own room in the carvan as a pup. It wasn't a surprise- much of the decore had been his childhood possessions, passed on to the girl in an act of affection and good faith.

She'd fallen asleep not long ago. He'd left the house unlocked, having warned her that, in the morning, he'd be scouting the borders. He hoped she'd be okay while he was gone. Hopefully she wouldn't sneak away or think he'd left her too. He hesitated at the edge of Jordheim, but continued on with a stiff lip- she wouldn't get far, anyway, and his house wouldn't burn easy after the night's drizzle. She'd be okay.

He left Jordheim behind to travel the trodden path around the borders, deciding to walk in his optime form this time and enjoy a few hours of peace. Perhapes, in this time he had to think, he'd figure out where to start in rearing the young Sura. He had so many other responsibilities now- could he handle raising a child, too? And Jericho required so much attention. But the girl would be shifting soon! Now would be the perfect time to teach her all about horses! His mind buzzed with ideas now, some involving Sura raising her own horse- starting a tradition for his family to come! Yes! Inspirational! He made a point to remember the good ideas as they came, tail waving behind him as he walked along casually.

Word Count → 475

Here's a thread for you, Tim! ♥

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

Roland counted himself lucky that he was a light sleeper. There had been an attack the night before while he was sleeping in his camp by a trio of rogue coyote loners. They must have thought the lithe-looking wolf would be an easy target, but he had made short work of the three with his tried and trusted spear; then dragging their corpses to the edge of his campsite.

Now it was early morning and he hadn't slept since he fought off the marauders, but wasn't phased much. Those three weren't the first he'd killed, and he knew deep down they wouldn't be his last. He sat by his dying campfire, re-honing the edge of his iron-tipped spear with a whetstone, as he watched the sun rise over the remnants of a human built road which was now being reclaimed by the earth.

He looked down at the haft of his polearm, inspecting it carefully. He had done an alright job of sharpening it, but it would probably soon need to be serviced by a blacksmith before too long. With that, he slid his whetstone back into his leather backpack and stood up, his eyes caught the form of another walking up the ruined highway.

“Damn...” He thought, hunkering down as he readied his spear. “Another marauder.”

The young wolf gripped his spear tightly and made his way through the tall grass lowly and slowly, making sure he made as little noise as possible as he approached this new stranger. When Roland was only a few meters away from this new white-furred dog hybrid he laid prone in the grass, carefully watching him.

He didn't carry himself like a sell-sword or fighter, and he lacked that hardness in his stance that those whom had taken lives had about themselves. He wasn't a bandit or slaver, from his guess, but he had been wrong in the past... But he also looked like the first remotely friendly luperci he encountered since he left his village.

The young wolf figured he'd go out on a limb, so to speak and introduce himself. He slowly slid his spear back into it's slot on his pack; then stood up.

“Hail, traveler.” He said, smiling a bit as he slowly waded out of the chest-high grass to the cracked and worn tarmac of the road.

Word Count :: 392

<style>
.RolandBites { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/pAx33.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#363430; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:500px 0px 10px 0px; color:#a6a09a; font-family:arial, georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #a6a09a; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.RolandBites b {color:#b8cac1; }
.RolandBites p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.RolandBites p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The feeling of broken ground under his paws snapped him out of his thoughts. This old road cut through the territory just slightly, making up one of its borders. Though Ink knew this place well enough by now, the old road still held some sense of danger- wide open with no cover except to the sides. No animals could live off the broken ground. No creature could thrive here. His thoughts were once again interrupted by a voice. Dual-colored eyes looked up from the ground to spot a gray male standing on the edge of the road, a few feet away. Ink stopped, suspicion mounting. Why was this stranger past the borders?

Interesting you should say that. I'm not a traveler- this is my pack's territory. He explained casually, hands shifting to his pockets lazily. What brings you to Vinatta, stranger? He wasn't being rude. He was being very polite and controlled- perhapes the wolf didn't notice the scent markings or something. Who knew.

This wolf seemed to be a fighting sort. He carried a weapon and provisions on his back with no mount or partner to help him. As Ink looked him over, he noticed the missing finger and scars. The boy wondered how he'd lost his finger, but decided not to mention it. Blue eyes were cool and steady, hiding from the Trovato secret thoughts. Ink held his guard up, cautious- if this male decided to attack, there would be nothing he could do to defend himself.

Word Count → 251

Quote your previous post and move it up into the main text box to reuse your table without having to search for it again. Big Grin

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

Roland looked the hybrid over, he looked dangerously under-armed and under armoured. Was he totally unaware of the danger's out here? But when he heard the word “pack” he sighed a bit. No wonder this one didn't bear arms. Nomads rarely had the capabilities to forge even copper or bronze, let-alone iron or steel.

“Oh, I wasn't aware that I was violating any boarders.” He replied, cracking his neck a little. He chuckled a bit; then gestured to his campsite, a hundred or so meters back from the two; then pointed to the trio of corpses stacked on one another, each with large, gaping wounds in their faces and chests. “I guess those “gentlemen” weren't aware either.”

Roland took a few more steps toward the stranger, smiling a bit as he extended his hand in a friendly gesture. “Roland Malone.” He chuckled softly. “And I have to say, you're the first friendly face I've seen since I left my village.”

Word Count :: 163

<style>
.RolandBites { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/pAx33.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#363430; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:500px 0px 10px 0px; color:#a6a09a; font-family:arial, georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #a6a09a; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.RolandBites p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ink followed the man's gesture to the bodies in the far distance and reeled back in disgust and shock. The boy was young and far from being any sort of fighter or warrior. The sight of the dead bodies, even at the distance they were away from the campsite, was enough to turn his stomach. He bared fangs at it and looked away. "Lovely. Thanks for dealing with them, I guess." He spoke through gritted teeth, not at all happy with his discoveries today.

"Ink Trovato." He introduced once Roland had. He shook the man's hand firmly, a surprising contrast to his otherwise gentle demeanor- he was a Trovato, and all Trovato had business in their blood. "I suppose you could call me a friendly face, if you want to. I don't suppose, though, you could um..." His eyes traveled back to the bodies, much to his dismay. Like a train wreck.

"I don't suppose you could do some clean up and move your camp further from the borders? Our alphas would not at all be happy to find someone camping out this close to the scent markers. The fact that you have dead bodies decorating your camp doesn't help." He grinned sheepishly, though it was a forced expression. In truth, he wasn't entirely sure what to think of this man anymore. Was he a killer, or did he actually help Vinatta in some way by killing those... oh god, they were coyotes. Ink prayed for a moment that their breed hadn't been their undoing- subconciously, his ears pinned back, in hopes of hiding the fact that he too was rather coyote in blood. Ech.

Word Count → 277

Aaaaand this marks my 45th post! Time to take Sky back again! WEU!

<style>

[/html]
[html]

Roland sighed and rolled his eyes. This... boy was soft. How had he lived this long. He didn't even look like he hadn't even drawn a weapon to defend himself. “Count yourself lucky, Ink. If you'd been three hours earlier, it might have be your corpse decorating the road instead of those marauders.” He said.

The young wolf raised an eyebrow when he was asked to vacate the premises. His fist balled for a moment, and the thought of him plunging his spear into the boy's throat entered his mind, but soon left. He was alone out here with no support, and if he didn't turn up, more than likely his pack would come looking for him. Crazed raiders he could handle, but warriors would eventually bring him down, and he didn't want to start an incident.

“Fine.” He finally replied after a few moments of rather awkward silence, walking toward his campsite. “I can move my camp and dispose of the bodies, but I have a question.” He said, turning; then gesturing to Ink to follow him.

“I'm starting to run low on supplies, but I do have coin which I'd be willing to part with.” He informed the hybrid as he walked toward his fire-pit, stomping out the remaining embers under his boot-heel.

When the task was done, he packed up his camp-sight; then began the task of dragging the corpses about a hundred more meters away from where they sat. "I'm sorry if I committed any transgressions. It was merely self defence, and I think those three had been tracking me for some time." Roland informed Ink when he returned. "I'm a long way from home, and I'm looking for some work, if you wouldn't mind, could you point me in the direction of your settlement, please?"

The wolf asked, cracking his neck with a bit of a grunt.

OOC: Gave it an edit. Will probably post joining stuff in another thread today
Word Count :: 219+98= 316

<style>
</style>
[/html]