(J) Afternoon Introduction
Player Name: Tim

Character Name: Roland Malone

Date of Birth: April 2nd 2011

Species: Wolf

Personality Traits: 1) Brave: Even when faced with overwhelming odds, and or great risk, Roland has no issue rising to whatever cause needs him and his spear-arm. 2) Somewhat introverted: Roland has always preferred listening to speaking, generally only asking a question if it's knowledge is crucial to the task at hand. 3) Motivated: Roland has quite a bit of work ethic, and will trudge through a task at hand to the best of his abilities, not stopping until the task is finished. 4) Slightly Neurotic: Roland doesn't shift his form. He doesn't shift, because when he does, it makes him feel “uncivilized”. 5) Devoted: Although it takes a while for Roland to warm up to folk, once he does, he would gladly kill or die for a friend.

Skills: 1) Weapon Training: Roland, for his age has quite a lot of skill with the spear, spear and shield, and throwing spear. 2) Basic metal-smithing: As a cub, Roland had watched his mother work the forge in his home village, and learned a bit before joining the militia. He knows the basics, but his skill isn't the best. 3) Fortification Building / basic carpentry: His time in the militia taught him how to build many forms of entrenchments and fortifications, along with traps. He is also a bit of a carpenter, as everyone in his village lent a hand to build houses and whatnot. 4) Basic Literacy: Roland can read and write English with the proficiency of a second or third grade student. His drilling and training for his village's militia didn't leave much time for acedemics 5) Stealth: Roland is quite stealthy. A skill picked up from his militia training for quick, silent night-raids of marauder camps.

NPC Characters/Animals: None

Residence: None yet

[html]

Roland had cleaned up his campsite when Ink had parted ways with him. When that task was finished, he took the small entrenching shovel from his pack and set upon digging shallow graves for the coyotes who had had been following him the night and day before.

The spot was nice, under the shade of an old, tall oak tree, around four-hundred meters away from his campsite's original spot, hopefully far enough away from this pack's boarder that no-one would be angered. The task occupied him until the sun was high in the sky. He wiped some sweat from his forehead and sighed. He hoped no-one would hold their deaths against him, but after all, they came from outside of the pack's territory, and he took their lives in self-defence.

When his backpack was re-packed with his camping gear, he made his way down the ruins of the highway and looked around, admiring the scenery for a moment. The young wolf figured that he'd introduce himself. He needed some supplies, and had skills that this pack he would be willing to offer them, maybe even join their pack, if they had use for him.

Roland took another look around then cracked his neck. He took his spear off of his pack, along with his javelins, tossing them a few meters to his right, as an act of good-faith before tilting his head back and howling loudly, letting the members of Vinátta know his presence there.

Word Count :: 245 OOC: @Saul: Sorry if I was stepping on toes in my thread with Ink.

<style>
.RolandBites { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/pAx33.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#363430; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:500px 0px 10px 0px; color:#a6a09a; font-family:arial, georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #a6a09a; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.RolandBites b {color:#b8cac1; }
.RolandBites p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.RolandBites p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The howl was strangely familiar. Ink had never heard it before, no, but the voice sounded like someone he knew. He'd been preparing to leave to Casa di Cavalieri, having made plans to cover Jericho with one of the other pack's stallions as stud. This pulled him away, but the boy was curious to see who it was calling for a meet. With Jericho already packed up and ready to go, the boy saddled up and gave a click. Off they ran, towards the source of the familiar-but-unfamiliar howl.

They rode at a gallop until a scent came to Ink's nose. Roland! The strange wolf he'd met days before. Ink had, at first, disliked the man but after some time spent talking and sorting things out, Roland had turned out to be an interesting fellow. Ink had extended the invitation to call upon him whenever, should the rogue ever need help. Maybe more of those coyote thugs had caught up with him? It didn't sound urgent.

As the wolf came into view, Ink slowed his mare and the two trotted over easily. The man was alone, with his weapons cast aside. Whatever reason he had to be here again, it was important. Ink wasn't sceptical like before- the strange wolf had even taken into consideration the border markings. He hadn't passed into Vinatta Territory, technically. A good improvement from the other day.

Roland! Hey! The hybrid grinned, hopping down off of Jerri's back and offering one of those 'bro' hugs to the man. Good to see you. What brings you back to our humble borders, hm? Ink wasn't acting shy and noble like before- he was showing open approval of the male's efforts and presence.

Word Count → 288

You should totally take up the last room in Ink's house. ;D

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

After his howl, announcing his position, he scanned the horizon, looking for any “Specks” moving toward his position. He nibbled his lip for a moment; then sighed, taking a seat on the cracked pavement. Maybe no one was coming. He plucked a few random blades of grass; then flicked them off of his hand, letting the wind pick them up, and take them wherever it blew.

“I'll wait a bit longer.” He thought, cracking his knuckles.. It was then that heard hoof-falls on the ruined tarmac of the highway. He turned to look to the source of the clop-clopping sound, and saw it was Ink, upon his steed. With that, he stood up, and turned to face the approaching hybrid on his horse, raising one hand in curt salute.

“Hail.” He said, smiling a bit. Roland was a bit surprised by the the hug, not all that used to displays of affection. “Good to... see you too.” He replied, somewhat awkward, as he let go of Ink, taking a few steps back. “Well, As I said before, I'm running even shorter on supplies, and I'm willing to work, or pay good sliver so I can resupply... Might even be looking to join your pack.” The young wolf added, chuckling a bit.

Word Count :: 212 OOC:

<style>
.RolandBites { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/pAx33.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#363430; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:500px 0px 10px 0px; color:#a6a09a; font-family:arial, georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #a6a09a; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.RolandBites p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(355) It's been too long since this has been replied to. I'll have Lilin jump in now. Sky, I felt it was safe to assume Ink and Lili have crossed paths a couple of times. Feel free to reply whenever. Tim, let's keep this going kay? :>

The Virding hadn’t ventured to the borders in quite some time; not since she’d welcomed Oak and Cassia over a week prior. Saul had made it clear that it was rather unwise of her to do so; at first she’d felt controlled, a feeling she frankly detested. It had taken quite a few quarrels with her mate for Lilin to begrudgingly admit that he was right, something she still occasionally debated with. She understood why proper caution had to be exerted and how heedlessness could put her progeny’s life at risk. It was common sense and while she understood as much, it didn’t make staying within the pack lands any easier. Wanderlust would occasionally overcome rationality, leading her to very edge of the territories claimed by her family.

Monotony was a terrible thing and in times like these, when even praying to the Gods did not ease her restlessness - she would travel to the very edge of her homelands until she could walk no further. Her little adventures would often take all day; her pregnancy weighing heavily on her normally energetic pace. The mother-to-be found comfort in the fact that fresh scents belonging to fellow Vinattans littered the pack lands. Their numbers had doubled and the borders were scouted effectively on a daily basis. That thought alone was reassuring in itself. Her confidence was only strengthened when she stumbled across one of their newest recruits conversing with a stranger.

“Ink,” she called out, a greeting and inquiry subtly infused into the boy’s name. The Soulstorm heir remained silent for a moment, giving the Risna an opportunity to provide an explanation even though she’d stumbled upon the duo just as the loner had expressed his half-hearted desire to join Vinatta, which she acknowledged with a quirked brow. “Might be looking to join? I must admit, that doesn’t sound very convincing,” she replied matter-of-factly, mediterranean irises noting the weapons discarded on the ground before continuing. “I’m Lilin, one of the leaders here.” Surely this stranger would make his intentions known without her needing to ask for clarification.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

During the time he waited for a delegate to show himself, he mulled the facts over in his mind. Joining a pack would be necessary if he wanted to survive to winter. Joining this pack was no longer a possibility, it was a necessity.

When he noticed the other walking toward his position, he stood up and gave the approaching figure a quick salute; another habit he hadn't shaken since his time in his village's militia. Roland watched the visibly pregnant woman get closer and closer, smiling when she spoke.

"Well, the more I think about it, the more anything else but joining up with you folk sounds dangerous, and maybe even borderline suicidal." He replied with a chuckle. "It can be dangerous out here, and a death sentence if you're not careful."

When she addressed herself, he nodded, and extended his hand for her to shake. "Roland, Roland Malone." He said, smiling a bit.

Word Count :: 155 OOC:

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ink was more than happy to see Roland interested in joining the pack. As if on cue, Lilin showed up, greeting him with a curious tone. He turned to look to his Virding, ears perking- He'd expected Saul to come, not Lilin. He hadn't really seen much of her, aside from their few run-ins in Jordheim after the initial introduction of his own joining. Lilin. He greeted in turn, smiling that charming smile he was so unaware of.

He opened his mouth to explain, but Roland took charge of the situation easily, smoothly covering up his own vague comments with flattery for the pack. Ink surpressed a chuckle- after what he'd seen of the wolf, such 'bordline suicide' things weren't an obvious risk if he chose to stay a rogue. Still, he had to admit, Roland knew how to talk his way out of trouble.

I met Roland a few days ago. He stumbled across the borders trying to get away from some rogues. Ink turned to face Lilin, arms crossed behind his back politely. He's an excellent fighter, ma'am. Took out three rogue 'yotes on his own. I think he'd make a good addition to the pack. He left it at that, having explained the original meeting between himself and Roland to Saul already. He hoped Lilin would approve.

Word Count → 222

Sorry about that. x: I got busy irl.

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

(393) Welcome Tim! :> This will be my last post. You guys can continue or come up with an OOC ending/assume Ink took Roland back to the village. You can also PP Lilin saying goodbye to them and such!

It was her pack mate who replied first, employing a greeting mirroring hers in simplicity. Her gaze found his salt and pepper face, awaiting further explanation when the stranger promptly interjected. She remained silent, assessing his motives with great difficulty. Lilin made no effort to conceal the perturbation highlighting her features when the youngster spoke of his own well-being being at risk. It was an honest answer, she had to give him that much. She had, however, expected him to provide her with a good reason to grant him admission into the pack. No such thing followed suit, making her wonder if he would be more a liability than an asset to Vinatta. Despite her uncertainty, the Virding took a step forward and shook the stranger's hand.

''I'm afraid you'll have to give us something in return if you want a home,'' she replied, hoping the newcomer would understand. What could he do for her? Lilin had seen innocent lives wither and fade away. She had also been a loner for the majority of her life -- she knew how dangerous it was out there. Those were facts of life and none of it fazed her enough to grant him a free admission. Ink came to his rescue before the Virding could say anything else, providing the information she'd been awaiting. ''Three rogues on your own? Impressive,'' she admitted, tucking a stray curl behind her ear. So this was the trespasser Saul had mentioned in passing. She supposed he'd had a good enough reason to do so, given the extenuating circumstances. ''I'm willing to give you a chance. You'll be a Risna until you've proven yourself to the pack.'' With that, the mother-to-be turned to Temeraire's friend; granting him a lopsided smirk. ''Since you two know each other already, Ink will bring you to Jordheim.''

She needed time to rest and the journey back to Jordheim was a little too tiresome. Ink was trustworthy and capable enough. ''Ink, please stop by the storage house and give him two pelts and a bottle of wine,'' she continued, unfastening her own Frithr necklace before offering it to their newest recruit. Lilin could get another one from the pack's inventory when she got back to the village. ''Every Vinattan owns a Frithr necklace-- you should too. Welcome to the pack.''

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]
[html]

Roland nodded as Lilin spoke. He was about to explain that he had quite a bit of experience soldering, along with basic knowledge of metal smithing, carpentry, and he was more than adept at putting his training as a warrior to use as a hunter.

He smiled a bit as Ink spoke of his little skirmish the day before, which left three marauders dead. He chuckled. “Impressive?” Started the young wolf. “Not really... I was just doing what had to be done. If marauders threaten my life, they won't be walking away.” He paused. “My training has been tested in the trenches and palisades surrounding my village. If I wasn't a skilled warrior, I wouldn't be standing before you, now.” He said, smiling slightly. “I will prove my worth in whatever capacity your pack has use for me.”

Before the matronly wolfess left, Roland gave her a more formal salute. “Thank you, for giving me a chance, Lilin. You have my word, I won't disappoint.” He replied, smiling as he took the small wooden amulet, then slid it over his head, adjusting it once it was around his neck so it wasn't as loose. He nodded as Lilin instructed Ink to take him to the store-houses.

When Lilin was gone, Roland walked over and attached his weapons to his pack; then turned to Ink. “Well, let's not tarry, Ink.” He said, cracking his neck before walking next to Ink, waiting for the young hybrid to lead the way to Jordheim.

Word Count :: 256 OOC: is it pronounced with a silent J like Yordhiem or pronounced how it's spelt?

<style>
</style>
[/html]