Let the arrow fly
Player Name: Killi
Character Name: Lynx de Macian
Date of Birth: 11 Jan 2011
Species: 85% Gray Wolf, 15% Dog (Siberian Husky)
Personality Traits: Reserved, gentle, kind, selfish, fun-loving
Skills: Fighting (in Lupus form and with Mace), Playing the fiddle, Writing, Hunting, Dancing!
NPC Characters/Animals: None
Residence: Jordheim (#6)

[html]
The pointed wolfess stood at the edge of the forest just before the village. As dusk grew near the small cottages were cast in warm light and gentle shadows, stirring a strange feeling of home in her heart. It seemed that she had come a long way from home, leaving it far across the sea, only to return to it in this new land. But she felt no disappointment. She had begun to fear the strangeness of this new place, afraid that it would cause her to drift until she lost herself completely. Yet, by Odin's graces she stopped here.

Lynx had hidden in the forest since early afternoon. She was trying her good luck in lingering unannounced by the territory border for so long. There would be trouble if she did not make her presence known soon, and the warmth she felt for this place would slip from her grasp. The wanderlust that had driven her across the ocean was gone, leaving her instead with the desire to rest and heal from her journey. Anxiously, the snowy woman adjusted the leather strap that held her fiddle to her back and emerged from the woods.

She stood only a few footsteps from the forest's shadow as she lifted her muzzle and called to the villagers. When the quiet song faded into the twilight, her unease went with it. Holding her fiddle's strap like the hand of a friend, Lynx lowered her head and gazed toward the cottages with pale eyes.
[/html]
After Fang or Toby had attacked Colibri and he hadn’t found him, Fritz had taken to doing patrols. So far they had been very uneventful and he allowed himself to remember his time as a mercenary. He rarely was given scouting duty but rather liked it when he was. But for that group he was with, he was like their hired thug. That was something he didn’t exactly care for but it was behind him.

The call for one of the pack members made his ears perk up slightly but then quickly fall back against his head. He quickly and confidently strode towards the source of the howl, his mace on his back and his swords on his side to help protect him and his pack. When he arrived he spotted a female with a fiddle. There weren’t many canines that played any sort of instrument that he knew, and none in Vinátta. He cleared his throat and then said, "Is there anything I can do for you, Miss? I'm Fritz Earl, Risna of Vinátta." His posture was dominant and he stood straight up. He didn’t think that she would cause trouble but one could never be too sure. His tail waved behind him as he waited for her answer.
[html]

The sun departed. Immediately the color left the sky, replaced by winking silver stars. But the sky was still slate gray, and Lynx was sure she would be found before night closed in. Sure enough, not half an hour had passed before a hulking figure approached from the depths of the territory. The tattoed woman's eyes widened in shock. She had seen few canines as massive as the speckled man, all in the populated coastline of her homeland, but meeting a giant like him in such a small village seemed somehow unlikely. Lynx was impressed.

Despite his weapons and his size, the Great Dane was more polite than intimidating when he spoke to her. She quickly respected his dominance, lowering her ears and tail just as Lotty had once taught her. Lynx wore a small, friendly smile as she tilted her muzzle in return.

"Pleasure to meet you, sir. I am Lynx de Macian." she spoke in a soft, Norwegian voice. After giving her name, the pale girl fell silent, suddenly uncertain of how to communicate what she wanted. Her heart beat against her ribs, but what did she have to fear? Inhaling quietly, Lynx grasped the strap more firmly, a gesture that would always have a calming effect on her. "... I've come a long way. But my journey is over, and I wish for a new home." When she finished, the fiddler said a prayer to herself, asking the gods for the wisdom to show her best to the huge dog, and Vinatta.
[/html]
The female seemed impressed by his size and Fritz was a bit proud of that fact. But he knew that there were more things than his size for him to be proud of. He had his skills and his mate. He had done things that he wasn’t proud of. Like much of his time as a mercenary. Yet that time had long past and he now had a mate and a pack. But she didn’t seem afraid of him but became submissive as was appropriate for a canine looking to join a pack. Her face wore a small smile.

She introduced herself as Lynx and said that her journey was over and looking for somewhere to live. "Oh? Where are you from?" He thought of what sort of questions to ask before he called for a leader. "Before I call for a leader to talk, can I ask what sort of skills you might have?" Her answer was important but he would likely call for one of the leaders. What was very important was her story, which he hoped would come from asking where she was from. So he waited patiently for her to answer his questions. He thought that she had a good chance of joining.
[html]

The man asked about her homeland, and for a second Lynx returned there. So many times during the day, the girl imagined Norse mountain spires covered in opalescent snow, far northern glaciers, and glittering emerald Aurora Borealis. Norway was too beautiful to ever forget.

Lynx blinked her memories away. I come from Norway. My ship arrived a few days ago. I considered traveling further west, but your home here... I like it, she explained quietly, her gaze briefly sweeping the village in the background.

Before even leaving her family, Lynx had anticipated the questions she would be asked whenever she sought acceptance into a new home. Still, the pale wolfess worried that her skills wouldn't be adequate. But Lotty had always assured her that they were. Apparently, the old woman had seen many wanderers accepted who were far less skilled than the tattooed girl, and while Lynx remained unsure of herself, she had no choice but to believe her aunt.

Well... I play the fiddle, she warmly began, absently gesturing to the instrument that rested on her broad shoulders. I can entertain with my music. This she said with a confident smile and a small tilt of her head. Yes, she could entertain. More than once she had lead cheerful gatherings with her music, and her fiddle had brought some interest to the sometimes dull ship ride across the great sea. And I fight with a mace, like yours. She looked pointedly at the dog's largest weapon. Blunt fighting was a skill her father had taught her. The woman was powerful enough to cause severe damage with a mace, although she wasn't particularly fond of fighting. Actually, she lacked a weapon now because she had traded hers for horsehairs before boarding the ship. She could always fight without a weapon, but she could not play a fiddle without bowstrings.
[/html]
OOC: Hey, I forgot to say this earlier but could you put the form here at the beginning of your first post? Its on the right side. Thanks Smile

IC: Fritz watched as his question about where she came from was met with her apparent spacing out. He could understand her thinking about home, he missed his own home but his life was here with Vinátta and Selene. There were some things about home he did not miss like the mercenary work he had done. But he did miss his family, especially his father. She finally mentioned her home and he nodded. Norway wasn’t terribly far from England. "I'm from London, England, myself. You miss home." His words weren’t quite a question. "I hope if you stay, you'll find Vinátta home as well." He had an honest grin on his lips as he said that.

Her two skills were playing the fiddle and using a mace. Fritz nodded and said, "Well, you would fit within either our warrior ranks or we have a rank for canines that don't really have a set path they follow. And we have a co-rank for musicians. And, I'd be willing to either teach you some fighting skills or spar with you if you wish." With that being said he figured she'd be a good fit in Vinátta and said, "Let me call for a leader." He gave several loud barks since he couldn’t howl, essentially calling for either Saul or Lilin.
Thanks for letting me know. :3 also, I felt compelled to post.

[html]

Lynx was a little embarrassed for letting her thoughts wander so noticeably. Perhaps now that she had found what would be her second home, the changes she would have to face were becoming real to her. But the speckled man did not seem irritated with her, and she found comfort in knowing that he had also come from far away. She wasn't the first adjust to this new country from a more distant one.

"Thank you, Fritz," the fiddler replied. "I would like that." Although she didn't like to fight, Lynx couldn't deny the offer to strengthen her skills, and after all, sparring was fun. She could see an interesting match between herself and the Great Dane, who towered over her.

After Fritz had called to the leader in a harsh dog-bark, the pale woman swept a claw upward to indicate his mace. "Where might I find a weapon?"
[/html]
[html]

347 hi killi!! :>

Life had been uneventful. Aside from quality time well spent with her family, there was very little she could do in terms of productivity. Her duties as one of the pack's Virdings had been reduced to dust in preparation for motherhood. Thinking about how little time was left before the arrival of her puppies was beyond intimidating. Saul's responsibilities overflowed; keeping busy was the least of his worries. She, on the other hand, had no distractions to keep her mind from reeling from boredom and loneliness. It was only normal that she wander the lands on a daily basis, in search of something exciting or interesting enough to mull over. It was how she'd run into Ink and Roland, and how she'd caught their newly appointed Hollr's call for a leader. She didn't respond immediately, waiting to see if she could find her mate's fresh trail in the myriad of scents scattered across the area. He wasn't omnipresent, she knew. His absence was justified as he had other things to tend to and so, he couldn't blame her for answering a call destined to the leaders - even if he'd warned her to stay away from the borders.

Fritz was on location anyway and his stature was imposing enough to discourage anyone from bringing harm upon her unborn children - even if the act itself was a death wish while standing so close to claimed borders. ''Fritz, hi,'' she greeted him as she emerged from the woods, following a divergence in the earthen trail leading straight to the duo. Mediterranean orbs found a tall female she did not know, bearing the nude scent of a loner; noticeably unclaimed by a pack. ''And who might this be?'' she continued with a faint tilt of her head, visibly intrigued by their guest and her motives for visiting. The question was left vague and open-ended; the female could answer for herself if she wished to. Whoever she was, her appearance alone was enough to pique her interest. Tattoos weren't rare, but this girl's body art was quite astonishing.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Accepted Killi early so she could post. We still need to finish this though! So it's your turn whenever you get a chance, Becca! :> [html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Ama via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]
OOC: Sorry about the wait. This and life got away from me for a few days.

IC: Lynx readily agreed to his offer of practice and Fritz gave her an eager grin. He had a feeling that she would readily be accepted. She didn’t seem to be much of a threat though she could easily be waiting for him to not be around since there weren’t many that wanted to mess with a canine his size. The only one close to his size was Jazper and the leader likely didn’t head up this far nor did he have a reason to attack his home. Her question about where there was weapons made Fritz smile. "The pack itself doesn’t have weapons but I have some extras of some weapons that you can use." He didn't need all of them right away.

The leader that answered his call was Lilin. He didn't know the female leader very well but was still respectful towards her. He gave his Virding a bow and said, "Virding, this is Lynx and she wishes to join our pack. She can play an instrument, entertain with her music, and she can use a mace." With that said, he allowed the two ladies to speak with each other. He kept his stance loose but still alert for any trouble.
Sorry about the delay and bad post! hi Ama :]

[html]

Her eyebrows rose with the Great Dane's response. Really? That is a relief. You are kind, Fritz, thank you. Already, she had a new weapon, for now. The woman had anticipated needing to navigate to the nearest city (the gods knew how far) and scavenge through countless buildings before she found a proper weapon. The speckled man had saved her a lot of trouble. To Lynx, his offer appeared as another sign that she had found the right home.

Soon, a striking black and tan figure approached them. Not only did the doglike wolf have the air of a leader, but she was also with child. Lynx could not help but give her a glowing smile. What a wonderful surprise -- there would be pups in the pack soon! But despite the happy idea of puppies, the Norwegian began to feel nervous again. Talking to Fritz had been fairly easy, perhaps because of his easy nature. But regardless of her conversation with Fritz, Lynx knew that whatever exchange occurred between herself and this woman would determine whether she could live here or not. Lynx kept her purple eyes on the female just until she was near enough to greet Fritz, then averted her gaze. Her tail and ears dropped lower than before as the huge dog relayed her abilities, then she looked up. Pleased to meet you, Ma'am, she said formally.
[/html]
[html]

305 --

Pertinent information was relayed by the giant at her side. Her receivers were perked and alert, but her inquisitive optics never left the prospective joiner. Lilin had no qualms about openly scrutinizing others; it was something she did out of habit and she often did not realize how uneasy it made strangers. The female's tail was tucked snuggly in between her hind legs, ears flat - a level of submission befitting of one seeking a home. She played an instrument, something of no particular interest to her but that alone would certainly impress someone like Bran, who found great joy in gracing his family and fellow pack mates with the soft sounds of his acoustic guitar. Fritz hadn't mentioned what kind of instrument, not that it was relevant at this particular moment in time. And so she moved on, her eyes widening with visible surprise as weapon-handling skills were revealed.

''A mace? That's impressive.'' This woman had to be well-versed, both in speed and strength, to wield such a weapon. Granted, the Virding was no expert but she'd seen enough weapons to have a solid opinion on the subject. ''It's nice to meet you, Lynx. My name's Lilin,'' she offered in reply to her courteous greeting, pairing her response with a smile. She didn't see any reason not to give this stranger a home and shelter; she was polite and obviously, she could fend for herself. ''I don't have a problem with it. What do you think, Fritz?'' she added suddenly, turning to her Hollr. She'd just gotten here; perhaps he'd picked up on something worth mentioning. Lilin was a lot less conventional than her mate when it came to dealing with newcomers. All she needed was a quick confirmation from the Great Dane, and that would be the end of it.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Sorry about the wait. Feel free to skip Fritz and PP him either showing Lynx around or going off. There's not a whole lot for him to do Big Grin

IC: He nodded at her thanks and gave her a grin, his tail waving gently behind him. It was a bit like a whip sometimes but not when it was wagging slightly. This female seemed nice and if he wasn't devoted to his mate, he might consider getting to know her as more than as a friend. But since he wanted no one besides Selene, that thought didn’t even cross his mind. He wouldn’t dream of even considering cheating on his mate and knew that it was the same way with her. They were happy with each other.

Fritz kept half an ear on the conversation since he might not be needed until the end. His main focus was on beyond the borders, in case some sort of trouble came to bother them. But he was conscious enough of the conversation to hear the question that Liln posed to him about the joiner. "I think she'd be an asset for Vinátta. We could always use more members with some sort of fighting skills. Plus, her music will be nice when its winter and there isn’t much for us all to do." His went back and forth slowly between the two ladies, though most of his attention was on Liln.