throw it out and away
[html]

all welcome! This is not a joining thread, Elody needs to find out about her family, so anyone who knew Kerberos? That'd be awesome.

Word Count → 293

What is this? Zayden asked as he watched Elody, eyes on her as she picked up the bleached white and red-swirled object. Green eyes studied it for a while, poking a finger in one of the eye sockets to show Zay. Rolling her eyes, skull still held in one hand, one palm on her hip, Elody murmured It's a skull you lard, come here--Look. He shook his head, crossing his dark arms over his chest, stepping back a few paces. I don't like this place, Elody. Let's just leave. The borders of this land reeked of blood and coyotes, and the young man felt nervous. Ellie didn't expect him to freak out like this, get all fidgety or refuse to even look at a painted skull. Shrugging, she stepped closer to the borderline, where she had found the skull propped up on a stake. She put it back, but looked at it for a while. The skull was big, the teeth ferocious and forever trapped in a maniac snarl. The people here must've painted them, to scare off intruders. It would be effective, for most. But right now, it sparked a bit of curiosity and wariness in the young Lykoi. The skull was obviously

Zayden was quiet, his eyes were wide with fright. Obviously he wanted to the to rid himself of this place. The auburn haired girl had never seen him in this way before, and was feeling a little jumpy. He always was strong seeming, but what was this weak link she was hanging out with. Relax Zayden, you're starting to freak me out. I just want to see what this place is. Lifting her dark-splashed muzzle, Ellie let out a beckoning cry, high and clear as a coyote's should be.

This is how Zayden talks This is how Elody talks

<style>
.erodythree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.erodythree p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.erodythree b {color:#CFE2CE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.erodythree .zl {color:#B8C7EE}
.erodythree {background-color:#98bdac; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... nstock.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#224a4c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:490px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;  border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffffff;}
.erodythree .inner {margin:0px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.erodythree .wordcount {color:#919270; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Finnnneeeeee. Hey, BTW, you might want to think of changing the speech color for Zayden, you can't read it on that table. / +328

Helotes had a special and rare job to do today. He had three freshly cleaned and boiled wolf skulls, all expertly painted by his children and himself. They were silly looking things, almost as if they were grinning in their after-life, especially the one with the flower Azucena painted onto it. His daughter had not wanted to come to the borders, but Basilio was more than happy to accompany his dead to hang up the skulls. Helotes’ son was getting stronger and more head strong by the day, not impeded in the least bit by his small frame. Helotes saw a low of Zana in him, and that made him both miss her and proud.

The trip to the borders was a fun and a game in itself, and Helotes and his son chased each other playfully all the way there, Basilio constantly getting underfoot and nearly tripping the grown man several times. Finally, Helotes gave him the task of carrying the smallest of the skulls, and Basilio gladly lifted his head as high as possible to carry it.

Once they began nearly the borders however, an unknown canine smell came to the Hydra’s nose and he slowed, Basilio, reduzca la velocidad durante un minuto. Helotes said quietly as they came up on two outsiders near the border. His son gave him a look that said he was not afraid and Helotes gave him a grin before coming up upon the two. They did not seem to be doing anything more suspicious then inspecting the skulls, something that many outsiders did. Plus, the female was young and becoming and there was something almost familiar about her, but Helotes made sure to stand tall with tail stiff, What is your business at Inferni’s borders? He asked nonchalantly yet authoritatively. The two of them were coyotes, if not a little mixed with other things, so Helotes wasn’t immediately as concerned about them as he would have had they been wolves.

<style type="text/css">
.helsc b {font-weight:bold; color:#b73012; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.helsc p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.helsc {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#320c0c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j1MUj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ac7662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.helsc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.helsc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

:o failpostttt

Word Count → 386

Elody found this place almost strange, foreign yet familiar. The mixed scents vaguely reminded her of a scent she had smelled before, even when this was her first visit. The skulls littering the ground and up on stakes would be frightening, if she happened to be a wolf. These were not the fleshless faces of her kin, not coyotes in the slightest. The skull up beside her shoulders was touched lightly with a trailing pale finger, a little cautious as if the ivory and blood-scented skull would leap to life. Zayden still stood back, further than the girl stood at the borders. Obviously the young German hybrid had wanted to avoid another member, as far as he could see: This place wasn't for the soft. He shivered, and attempted to keep it from Elody. But unfortunately she saw, bright green eyes glaring under her dark shock of hair.

And soon enough someone came, two canines strolled up, a tall dusky adult and a juvenile, so small she couldn't believe it. Both held fresh skulls, the adult taking the blunt of them while the small one carried one with such confidence, she had to admire the smaller one.    

The two travelers watched as the other approached, speaking with authority, asking of their cause. Elody glanced to Zayden, who shook his head expecting him to speak. A scowl was shot in the midnight boy's direction, clearing her throat to speak. Inferni, eh? What was their business anyway? Just inspecting the artwork displayed at the boundaries? We...We were just curious, what is Inferni anyway? Some sort of pack? Looked like it. Who lived here? This stranger looked like a coyote, but in a way--His grey tones and darker colors reminded her of a wolf. Flattening her long ears, the coyote child murmured I'm Elody. Elody Lykoi. I'm sorry--We just were traveling and saw the skulls...We don't mean to piss anybody off, don't we Zayden?With a sharp elbow, Ellie prodded him in the ribs, he grunted a little and nodded. Y-yes. He murmured, watching as Elody grinned at her power over him.

Image courtesy of inadesign-stock@deviantART

<style>
.elodyknife .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.elodyknife p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.elodyknife b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.elodyknife i {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:2px;}
.elodyknife {background-color:#494949; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nuVMX.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#333333; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;  border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.elodyknife .inner {margin:0px 10px 230px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.elodyknife .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +216

The girl seemed a spirited one, and her beauty was unsurpassed, almost exotic, though it was clear she was a coyote through and though. Basilio trotted up beside his father and set down the skull and grinned up at the girl but said nothing; he most likely found her beautiful too. The male on the other hand was a mutt, though his coyote feature were undeniable, much like the stray Vesper had recently picked up. Helotes relaxed his stance somewhat as they both appeared to not want any trouble.

Helotes watched with bemusement as the female shot the male a look, and he nearly cowered before the Hydra, and she, annoyed turned to answer him. It seemed his assumption had been correct, that they had just come by to view the skulls and he nodded, but then she mentioned her name, and his ears perked, Ah, another cousin then I guess? He laughed then, and turned his left shoulder towards her, showing his chaos star, I am Helotes Lykoi, I’m sure you must be one of Kaena’s granddaughters… Then, looking her over, Er… well, maybe great-granddaughter? I can’t be sure; who’s your father? Mother? Helotes wasn’t the best when it came to Lykoi heritage, but there was a chance he might know who her parents were.

<style type="text/css">
.helsc b {font-weight:bold; color:#b73012; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.helsc {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#320c0c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j1MUj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ac7662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Awww Basilio <3

Zayden crossed his arms and remained silent, his own black ears twitching when the older coyote spoke. It seemed the conversation was out of his reach, and had more to do with his pretty companion. It had been her to drag him out this way anyway. Meanwhile, Elody stood relaxed, seeing no threat anyway as long as this man was kept in better spirits. The young one, was rather adorable. The little grin was met with a small smile, and for sure Ellie could tell things would be alright. It was strange how the skulls seemed to freak Zayden out, honestly she had thought him better than that.

She liked the scent of this place, having the species she had grown alongside. But it was disappointing, guessing that Lowry and Helena likely hadn't made it far. When the time was right, El guessed it would not hurt to ask. The mottled hybrid never once had to reach for her knives, for once this conversation seemed normal. That was until their greeter became surprised with her name.

And his words changed her world. Her eyes lit up, growing wide, large ears flattening. Another?! Elody asked incredulously, looking at the star emblem on his arm in wonderment. What? I-I have family here? That--That can't be right. How many is there of---Us? And she became a little angry with her father, never mentioning a place with kin and other coyotes. What was his story with Inferni anyway? Her eyes fell upon the tattoo again, a symbol. A symbol of family! Why had she not gotten one? Her tail flicked in annoyance behind her, her coyote ears returning tall above her head. Who was Kaena? I-I don't know anyone but my family who is Lykoi--He never told me! And she took a sharp breath, hating to say her father's name. My father--My father is Kerberos. And Valla, she's my mom. So surprised, the coyote stepped forward and touched the star on Helotes's arm, her usually unsinkable voice faltering, repeating again He never said anything. By this time, Zayden was growing a little bit concerned of Elody, stepping towards her and wrapping an arm around her waist. And this time, her surprise kept her from pushing him away.

373+

<style type="text/css">
.yelbird-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#bfbc39; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.yelbird-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.yelbird-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #bfbc39; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.yelbird-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.yelbird-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#17002d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WNI2W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b7d0c4; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +279

Helotes wasn’t surprised at her reaction; he had known of other Lykoi who hadn’t known about their true heritage before, and how far it stretched; but the words that followed turned Helotes’ world upside down. She said her father was Kerberos, and her mother Valla, and that she had never heard of other Lykoi before. His umber eyes widened and his mouth dropped open in stupid awe. Basilio looked up at his father, fully aware of Kerberos, his grandfather.

Helotes stepped forward then and came closer to Elody; yes, he now recognized what the resemblance was. It was faint, but the cheek bones, the curve of the legs; they were his father’s. His surprised face than cracked into a smile, a genuine one; Ilusion had told him that his father and Valla had given birth, and here was one of his half siblings standing before him. He could be angry at her, even though his father had abandoned Helotes and his siblings for a new life with Valla; they were of the same blood, and he held no animosity towards her.

Instead of embracing her like he wanted to, he took the conservative route and place a hand on her shoulder, Elody, I am your half-brother; Kerberos was my father as well. I was told of your birth by my sister, Ilusion. Here in Inferni, there are many, many of our family. He wasn’t sure he could make her truly believe him, but why would he lie? He then looked over at the male standing behind her, and realized that it might be a half-brother; he had the same color coat as Kerberos, And you? Are you a half-brother?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Derps be derpin' poor Ellie and Helotes

She was utterly dazed, lost and confused. Her life had been cloaked in unneeded secrecy her entire life. Her own father had kept things from her, which she guessed was reasonable due to the bastard he had turned out to be. She blamed the chaos on him, how everything was as good as gone when he was done corrupting it. Her dear mother was dead, a corpse--And there was nothing she could do to change it. Helena and Lowry...God, they were by themselves! Had they found someone like Zayden to look after them? She was aware of his arms around her, and for once it actually felt--Right. At this moment she needed someone to make it feel better. Even now Elody couldn't believe that beyond the lies spun by Kerberos, there was even more. Her gaze kept flickering back to the tattoo. She would have gotten it if everything hadn't been screwed up. She envied this so-called relative. He was able to get it, and forever her life would likely be still in the shadows. The mark wouldn't mean anything.

She leaned into Zayden, and gave a small whine. And he petted her hair softly before she tensed, sensing that it was going too far. They were not lovers, or anything of that category. Perhaps friends, but nothing more. The walnut-furred coyote listened as Helotes spoke, even more confused. Ilusion...The name sounded familiar, but a face could not be placed. She was a half-sibling to this guy, that never seemed possible until now. El remained motionless as the large hand was placed on her shoulder, having no reason to shake it off. Once the question struck at Zayden, he just shook his head and spoke confidently for the first time. No...I met her when we were traveling...We're just-- The boy looked down, towering over her petite form --Friends. The youth finished off, purple eyes soft as he glanced down at her. Ignoring this, Ellie wondered what had caused her father to not mention these siblings. He never said anything about Inferni, other Lykoi--Or you guys! Why would he do that? He ran off on us after we got kicked out of our group. My mom's dead.

#00+

<style type="text/css">
.yelbird-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#bfbc39; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.yelbird-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.yelbird-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #bfbc39; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.yelbird-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.yelbird-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#17002d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WNI2W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b7d0c4; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]