[RO] Knightly interruptions
[html]

OOC: Back-dated Aug 21st

Ugh, pups, the scarred male thought with a growl. There were so many blasted pups around, and what's worse Ciara herself seemed to have the fever. She'd come to him one afternoon, asking him if they could take in the pup that Tharin had rescued. A ridiculous inclination! He'd brought the crippled female to the den, himself, but that was only after Tharin had to put the man in his place. The whelp was not of New Dawn, and Augustus had been reluctant to accept her into their home, and now his mate wanted to keep the damn thing, raise it like...like a daughter. Augustus wouldn't have it. He refused to care for another couple's whelp when they were quite capable of having their own. If she wanted pups she would just have to give herself to him and have their own. She was his mate, and her body was his right. The black and white brute snorted and continued along the border, marking as he pleased. The markers of New Dawn were unmistakable now, with wolves patrolling day and night, and Augustus and Ciara's scents were strongest. He could only hope his efforts were not lost on the wolves within.

The borders had been quiet, the pack had been quiet, well, relatively quiet. His pack knew the situation was dire and yet they just kept leaving for some reason or another. He remembered the night he nearly had to drag Kiara back into the pack lands. If she'd gotten away...that may very well have been the last time they'd see the grieving mother. At least he'd done something right. Tharin was finally recovering and keeping away from the border. He continued along his path until an idle sniff brought unexpected news. There was someone near by...They'd been careful not to trespass, but if the male could smell them, they were far too near.

He took in another whiff, and he didn't like what he smelled. The stench of dog filled his nostrils and he wheeled on the trail, raising his tail and hackles as he kept his nose to the ground. Bounding across the flatlands on the northwestern edge of New Dawn Augustus's piercing yellow orbs blazed, and he showed teeth. When the figure was within sight he gave pause. The man stood on two legs, legs which were encased in a human-esque contraption of leather reaching from hips nearly to his cream ankles. A couple belts were snaked around his waist, one carrying an empty sheath. He stood at an odd angle, his legs spread wide and body hunched. On one arm was strapped a large wooden board of sorts, with the sheen of metal and studs around the edges. In his other hand was a long, pointed metal weapon. The northern wolf snarled immediately seeing the light glinting off the edge of the steel.

This caused the man to turn suddenly. His hazel eyes took in the sight of the scarred wolf who we a behemoth on four legs, the sheer mass of him was unbelievable, as Alister recognized the natural lupus shape. If the man had been in secui, he wouldn't have been so alarmed, but not only was he massive in many regards he had an unpleasant look etched into the lines of his face. He lowered both weapons. "Forgive me, I thought I was alone here."

Augustus stood tall in a high dominant posture, lifting his tail so it arced just slightly over his back. The wolfdog flattened his ears in reply. "You're not welcome here, dog." Augustus growled low and deadly. He didn't like this man...not one bit- from his weapons to his clothing, to his easy manner. It was all so untrustworthy. What was he doing so armed and so close to New Dawn's borders?

"This again?" sighed the hybrid in a voice accented like none Augustus had ever heard. "Allow me to explain." He watched the white wolf carefully, pausing to loop his shield about his back, and replace his sword in its sheath. As expected the male bristled even more. Alister paused, waiting for him to settle. He didn't and Alister made a note to be very careful with this one. "I am Alister Callow.” He started, making a strange gesture of placing one of his hands on his middle and bowing his head. “I've met some of your pack mates and they told me of your troubles, I...thought I could keep an eye out at the very least." The scarred male eyed the wolfdog, mistrust gleaming in his yellow eyes. This man had met his pack mates and not a single one of them thought to tell him of Alister's presence. "Who?" Augustus growled.

Alister froze, this man seemed more angered than relaxed at his mention of having met some of his pack mates. He wasn't quite sure he should tell them, though something about the man's face urged him to concede to his wishes. "Umm..well, let's see. I met Fayne a while back, and Jiva, then..." what was her name? Oh. "Ciara, I think." The lupus wolf watched him intently, going through the names, but his eyes widened with the last. "Ciara?" Augustus snarled. "You lie."

"I would never..." Objected the wolfdog. But Augustus was not pleased. "She wasn't supposed to leave." the behemoth growled under his breath. Alister's ears twitched, catching the muffled sentence. His face fell and he looked to the ground. He'd no idea, but it was too late to take it back. In a futile attempt to spare the woman the wolf’s wrath “Please, don’t…be too hard on her. I -I had no idea…” he pleaded. By the look on his scarred face Alister’s wishes hadn‘t moved the black and white fellow. The Callow man raised a hand to rest on his temple. “So…” He murmured after a lengthy pause, “I told you who I am, why I’m here…It’s only polite...”

The wolf snorted. “I have no need for your manners, dog.” He growled, but decided it best to indulge the tawny shepherd mix. He was a high-ranking wolf in his pack, perhaps telling the stranger would gain him a little more respect? “Augustus.” He grunted. “Epsilon of New Dawn, and my pack neither wants or needs your help.” He stepped closer, pelt in full bristle.

Alister took a step back from the advancing wolf. “I see…” he replied, disappointed. He’d hoped…Well, it didn’t matter now. This was just another place he wasn’t welcome. He hung his head, dropping his gaze to the ground. It had been a fool notion to begin with, he knew that. He knew this was coming, why did he feel so…so...bad? They weren’t exactly friends of his after all…But they were suffering, being preyed upon by a sadistic woman who wished pain on others for entertainment. It didn’t sit well with him, and he couldn’t sit idly by with someone like that on the loose, but if the male wished it…He peered up from the ground. By the looks of it this Augustus was not only unpleasant, but he was stubborn, too, unyielding. He stood holding his tail and head high, his eyes never leaving Alister. “Look…I get it, I’ll just be on my way, then…Shall I?”

Augustus said nothing, and felt no pity. He just wanted the man gone. And he got his wish. The stranger hoisted a ragged satchel over his shoulder and with a brief glance back then started on his way. Augustus glared after his saddled back until long after it disappeared on the horizon and nothing but the man's scent still lingered faintly upon the grass. For good measure he rose his muzzle skyward and issued a warning howl, just in case the hybrid changed his mind.

Augustus talks :: Alister talks

<style>
.AlAug.ooc {font-style:italic; }
.AlAug p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.AlAug b {color: #009900; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.AlAug .a {color: #000099; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.AlAug {background-color: #FFFFCC; border:5px solid #006600; font-family: arial; font-size:11px; color:

#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify;}
.AlAug-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #006600; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]