Daydreaming about what could never be
[html]

Word Count → 579 :: Table © Sie :: I randomly think it would be amusing for Châtiment to have gone and woken Ithiel up as he wandered the caves looking for Willam but yeah, you totally don't have to use that cause that is my brain being odd as I type this post.

Willam had made a date, as odd as that seemed, to meet with Ithiel back in the forest once again. She had given herself half a month to brush up on her skills. But even with that time she felt that she hadn't really accomplished anything past setting up a small training area. She had scarred the bark of a few trees so that they made easy targets. She had also slipped a decent sized branch into a fork she had made out of two other branches that she had half buried into the ground for support. She had done this just so that the propped up branch would be easy to move. Of course she had tested this out herself and worked out properly enough. it wasn't as good as having another body to practice with, or even a dummy, but it worked well enough for the purpose that she had in mind for it.

Of course just knowing that she would have to show off her skills, or lack thereof as she believed, had her feeling nervous and so she had risen early in the morning to try and get some extra practice in after her studies were done. She had beaten the sun up when she had gotten up. Of course when she had went to practice she had made sure to carry the bow that Ithiel had given to her since e had mentioned showing her how to use it. She had ended up placing that to the side to wait to practice with it until after Ithiel had taught her how. She had also laid out her weapons and the supplies needed for each. She had made certain that she a small of darts to use with the kestros. When she had made the darts she had even attempted her hand at some arrows but the work was shoddy to say the least. Willam hadn't mastered making a completely straight and solid shaft yet. Her arrows still contained knots and grooves on them but it was her first time trying for something larger than the darts that she was used to.

For the sling she had spent a good deal of time at the streams collecting pebbles to use with it. These were at least the easiest of her ammunition to come across so of course she had the most of these. And it was with these that she chose to practice with. For once she didn't have to worry about Châtiment since she had eased herself out of the caves without waking him. It was her first time since she had got to Inferni that she hadn't had him following her. She didn't know if he would come looking for her or if he would just stay where he was. She supposed that she would end up finding out later. Right now she focused on fitting another pebble in the sling so that she could twirl it around and release it. Willam grinned a bit when the stone hit its mark and picked up another one to try again and quickly lost her grin as it struck just outside the mark that she had made in the tree. The next few followed suit, hitting near the mark or on it but not dead center as she was trying for. Willam placed the sling down in order to go recollect the pebbles that she had used to bring them back over to the pile.

<style>
#willam {
width:500px;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9Cp8e.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position: top center;
background-color:#9B9F6D;
border:1px solid #000000;
outline:1px solid #CFD1BD;
padding-top:315px;
margin:0 auto;
color:#383A2B;
text-align:justify;
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
}
#willam p { text-indent:15px; margin:5px 10px; padding:0; }
#willam b { color:#3F460F; }
#willam b:before { content:open-quote; }
#willam b:after { content:close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

361 Sorry for the delay, missus! Can PP his approach? Or if she wouldn't notice him due to being into training, either way. Smile

Ithiel is by me!

The world was still gray and bleak when Ithiel was awakened. The summer's heat meant the leather flap over the entrance to his cave -- supported over a rudely implemented stick -- was pulled back to allow for maximum airflow. A muttering greeted him, first and foremost, followed by a repeat of the sound to have awakened him at such an hour. There was a loud snort and a whinny. The dark-hued coyote sat up, fully awake in just a moment, and threw his legs over the edge of his bed, quickly standing and pacing to the entrance of his cave. Zedekiah's annoyed muttering continued, but Ithiel spoke a single word, requesting his silence, and the bird quieted immediately.

Just outside of his home, he saw the cause of the noise -- Lystra stood with her legs set stiff, ears back and head lowered. Her hobble kept her from running away, but neither did she permit the continued approach of the dark-coated horse Ithiel recognized as Châtiment. The equine appeared in some minor distress, for he seemed nonplussed by the snorting and angry reproach of Ithiel's own mare. The dusky-hued hybrid approached the big liver chestnut and quieted her to the best of his ability. He looked around for Willam but did not see her. Glancing back toward Châtiment, the dark-hued coyote found himself alone except for the pair of horses.

Fetching a spare rope, the hybrid tied the horse to Lystra, bidding her to behave for just a few moments so he might fix himself properly. After departing toward the beach to relieve himself, the coyote returned and ducked back into his cave. He was quick to perform his morning rituals, and emerged with freshly fixed hair and the words of his book -- a shorter reading than usual, but a reading nonetheless -- echoing in his head. Unhitching Châtiment from Lys, the dusky-hued hybrid led her off in the direction of Willam's cave.

A rather fresh scent trail led him away from it, however, and he followed after it in the general direction she'd gone, her horse trailing after him absently.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 749 :: Table © Sie :: No worries at all hun. And awwe, you actually used my random idea. And I totally just had a thought that would make this thread awkward. Also is it just me that is amused by characters doing normal everyday things, like going to the bathroom, when they are mentioned in threads? It's not often that I see such things and each time it makes me grin. Btw, you totally get my 100th Willam post.

Willam focused her full attention on training since she had the time to herself. She missed Châtiment but also she knew that she didn't have to worry about him She was free to practice without worrying about injuring him as he liked to end up sticking close by. It wasn't like she would aim where he was at but sometimes stones or such would ricochet. Right now the only she had to worry about risking injury was herself. And well, she wasn't exactly too worried about that. If she had been then she would have never taken on that cougar. The injuries that marred her chest, shoulder, and back had mostly healed up by this point. They were turning into yet more scars to mark up her body. The only reason they had yet to fully heal after this length of time was that she continued to agitate them with constant movement, the ones upon her shoulder the most. But the salt water helped in those matters. Sure, it burned when it got in the wounds but it also aided in the healing process.

Once she had recollected the pebbles she ended up using them up again as she once again tried to force herself to achieve perfection, growing disappointed when it wasn't achieved. She had totally absorbed herself in what she was doing. She had picked up a handful of stone to hold in the hand she didn't use the sling with so that she could reload quickly after each release, firing off one stone after another in quick succession. She had practiced with the sling often enough that she was able to setup a rhythm with the load and release so that she didn't fumble about when fitting another stone in the sling. Actually she didn't even have to look down and watch what she was doing but kept her gaze settled on her intended target again.

After finishing out her small handful she was about to bend down to pick up a few more when she heard the gentle nicker of a horse and it caused her to stop what she was doing. Willam turned her head to find that Ithiel had approached with Châtiment in tow. Oh sorry, I didn't know you would want to get started this early. She apologized to Ithiel and gently played with the stallion's forelock after he had drawn up close to her. Did you bring him with you or did Châtiment follow on his own? The coyote woman was quite used to being stalked by the equine but this was the first time, since they had been together, that she had left without him seeing her. She didn't know if he had managed to track her down on his own or if Ithiel had decided to bring him along for some reason or another.

Willam turned her head to lay her cheek against the horse's long muzzle as he affectionately lipped at her shoulder. She gave a light wince and a slight hiss of pain as the scratches were grazed over. But she quickly pulled away from the horse and acted as if she wasn't bothered. You can decide what you want to start with while i gather up the stones again. She said as she moved to place the sling on the ground next to what was left of the pile of stones that she had gathered. I made a few targets but they are very basic. She continued to speak as she headed out to where the targets were in order to collect the used stones. She pointed out each target that she had carved into the standing trees as she neared it. I thought these here could be used with the sling and the kestros. After all each target was at a varied distance and height. She stopped by the leaning log on her way back with the stones, shuffling the stone to be held against her chest with one hand to keep them from falling as she used her other hand to move the log. I'm not certain if this will work with the kuraigama or not since I have never tried it before. She brought the stones back to place them on the pile once again before straightening up. Do you think this will work as a training ground? After all she didn't know if he had a certain place that he actually trained or not. Or even what he did when he trained.

<style>
#willam {
}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-- Sorry for the slow. .___. I like mentioning bathroom and other things because few do, and it's just -- well, it happens! It can always be glossed over but I think it lends a sort of... realism/grit type of thing, like -- even this character sometimes has to go and poop. :3

Ithiel is by Raze!

The dust-colored coyote's face was expressionless, but his eyes were gentle enough. I rise early each day. We don't need to get started right away. Whatever's best, he said. Though he'd experienced rigorous discipline in Scintilla as a pupil, Ithiel was not one to enforce such things. His lax style allowed only those who wanted to succeed and listen to excel, and also provided for him the best learning opportunities. He weeded out students incapable of learning, as Col Miran had been. Though some said it was wrong to speak badly of the dead, Ithiel had said such things prior to the man's death and urged him to pay closer attention. Such a time had been one of war, however, and such weakness was easily culled in war. Peacetime allowed weakness to flourish; from this came the tawny hybrid's affinity for training regardless of the political air.

He came to visit this morning. I think he missed you, the hybrid suggested. He seemed unhappy. Ithiel's eyes followed Willam's movement as she fetched the ammunition. His large coyote's ears followed the sound of her voice. It sounded certain and assured, speaking on weapons and religion, though he'd heard its uncertainty before, too. The earthen-colored canine looked from one target to the next, and nodded his approval, smiling faintly even. She undersold herself -- subtly, but even he detected it. This was as fine a ground as most bothered to have. This is more than adequate. It's better we're here than close to the mansion or caves. As for starting -- the kuraigama intrigues me me most, but it's your preference, really.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 773 :: Table © Sie :: Really? I thought Ithiel was some sort of saint that never had to do such dirty things. Let's just hope he remembers to clean up afterwards because it would be so nasty to be walking around the beach and then step into a pile of poo. Don't think that would make for an enjoyable time.

I see no point in wasting time. I am ready to get started as soon as you are. Granted she had already gotten an earlier start as she had been trying to brush up on her skills. Of course she wouldn't even list any of the weapons as a skill since she wasn't at the absurd accuracy level that she desired. And until she reached perfection she would never say that she could handle a weapon. Unless she could hit what she wanted every single time then she didn't think it deserved to be called a skill since she couldn't guarantee anything. But that was simply her way of thinking. It also allowed her to be humble and downplay what she could do rather than boasting about it. Not that she was one to boast in the first place.

Willam nodded her head as Ithiel explained what had happened with the horse. I apologize for him bothering you. He was sleeping when I left and didn't want to wake him. I thought he would remain in the den until I got back. But at least now Willam knew that the stallion couldn't be left alone. At least it had been Ithiel who had found him rather than someone else who had no idea who Châtiment belonged to. Now she just hoped that he hadn't been so bothered by it that he would rather wish to not deal with her anymore. I won't end up leaving him behind again so you won't have to worry about him coming to bother you once more. Whiel she wouldn't yet think to call Ithiel an actual friend she did get along well enough with him and most certainly thought favorably of him. But perhaps that could be because he was the first that she had met within Inferni and had been the one to have invited her to stay.

I would not want to be too close to where anyone gathers. I wouldn't want to risk accidentally injuring another as I was training. I can somewhat control where I want to hit but once it is out of my hand it is out of my control. The stones especially as they bounce off of what they strike and head in their own direction. It was why she had chosen the middle of the forest since she had spent her earlier time in Inferni there and hadn't come across gatherings of clan members within the forest. At least not the part that surrounded the mansion or bordered on where the caverns were to be found. No, she had traveled away from both places even if she was somewhat closer towards the southeastern border.

Willam bent down in order to pick up the kuraigama, holding the sickle portion in her dominant hand and the chain in her other. I don't mind starting with what interests you. Why should she when this was about teaching Ithiel how to use her weapons, even if she felt awkward with teaching someone else. She could manage it with a pup as they likely wouldn't have any prior knowledge and so wouldn't be as likely as to comment on any mistakes that she made. And well, this was Ithiel. Willam really didn't want to end up making herself seem foolish in front of him. Especially since Myrika had suggested that she seek him out for lessons.

I'll just show you how to use it first and then you can try. She said after she had gotten the weapon settled into a comfortable position in her hands. She had already given him a brief overview and now figured that it would be easier that she just demonstrate exactly what she was talking about before letting him try it on his own. Willam turned and faced the target, twirling the chain before releasing it. She frowned as it didn't wrap around the log as she had meant for it to do. The woman reeled back in the chain and tried again, failing once more. She frowned at her poor display, unable to wrap around the girth of the log. Ah, actually I am used to practicing this with someone else or well a dummy with limbs and such. She explained her continued failure and turned to look at Ithiel. Do you think that you could hold out your arm? I could show you that way. She wasn't certain if that was asking too much or not. I will do the same for you. The words were added on quickly so he didn't think he would be the only one to suffer so.

<style>
#willam {
}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

365 Pfahahahahha. HE IS NEAT LIKE A CAT AND BURIES IT IN THE SAND.

Ithiel is by me!

Such directness in students was appreciated by Ithiel. Though he believed it poor form to think ill of the dead, he could not help but remember Col Miran and the way he'd acted. The dusky-hued hybrid hoped he'd never need train such uninterested, counterproductive parties again. Willam, on the other hand, seemed more than ready to learn. There was a faint smile and a nod, but little else. The only times Ithiel seemed to lose control of his face were during fighting and training. Perhaps it was not so much losing control as needing to exert it elsewhere -- and anyway, fighting always made him want to grin, no matter how bone-tired and bloodied he was at the end of it.

No bother, the dusky hybrid said, shrugging. Lystra was more bothered than I was, and that horse needs to learn to hold her tongue. It was only after he'd spoken Ithiel realized the strangeness of his chosen cliche, for it wasn't as if Lys actually spoke. His ears pricked forward, and again the ghostly smile slid across his lips. Thanks for the warning -- I'll keep eyes out for any flying stones, he said, not suspecting they could be flying too quickly for the eye to see. Ithiel fell silent and watched as the woman picked up the strangest of the weapons. He itched to see it in real action, against a living foe -- but targets would have to do. Inferni was not in the business of subjecting unsuspecting canines to being targets.

He watched both failed attempts, not a shadow of emotion crossing his face. He was vaguely disappointed with the weapon's performance, but soon learned the reason behind his disappointment. Dark-tipped ears pricked and he considered her request -- reasonable, and especially so considering her trouble with the log. Part of Ithiel had already consigned the kuraigama to uselessness. He took a step back and extended arm, the opposite of her throwing arm. Go ahead, the coyote said. He had endured live training before and was unafraid, even with these exotic weapons. Better a chain around the arm than a rock to the head, as well.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 585 :: Table © Sie :: Wish the kitties my sis has were that neat. There is at least one of them that likes using the floor rather than the litter box. And if you want alterations then let me know.

Willam was quite eager to learn. She wanted to prove herself to be capable and an asset to Inferni. She was willing to learn whatever task was needed in order to achieve such results. She was more than willing to do her part no matter what that might be. Because of that she was trying to involve herself as much as possible. If she really wanted to make certain that this place ended up feeling like home then she had to make certain that it ended up prospering. It was the same that she had done in la Chemin. She had done whatever had been asked of her because what was asked of her would ensure that la Chemin prospered and grew in strength. Now she had to do the exact same for Inferni as well.

She was glad that he hadn't been upset by her horse coming to visit him. Of course she would make certain that it wouldn't end up happening again. She would just keep the stallion with her wherever she went from here on out. Willam smiled and laughed quietly at what Ithiel said about his horse. Maybe she will learn to like Châtiment and they could become friends. Perhaps it was a silly thing to hope for. It probably sounded like an extension of what she wished between Ithiel and herself. Maybe that was just her roundabout way of expressing it. Maybe if Ithiel agreed to that much then he might also consider the two of them being friends as well. And if not then well, she would have to deal with it.

That might not be much help. I can hardly keep track of where they go sometimes. Especially if they angle of, it is really difficult to keep track of them then. Or that had been her experience in the very least. She could never predict which way the stone would end up going after they had struck the target that she had intended them to. They were really out of her control at that point. But she most certainly made due. She hadn't injured herself too badly while training so far. She had also been able to avoid injury to anyone else by not training with too many around her. Actually her only training partner had ever been her friend.

Thank you. The words were spoke with a bow of her head, the woman feeling quite awkward about having to ask for this favor. She had really hoped to have made the log work rather than getting him to participate. Still he didn't seem too bothered by it and extended his arm for her. Feeling a bit more confident now that she had a target that she was used to working with Willam released the chain from her grasp once again. Once it became secured about Ithiel's wrist Willam gave a flick of her own to make it loop twice and get a stronger hold before yanking on it. She hoped to catch Ithiel off guard and tug him forwards so that she raise the sickle to a point where it would rest against his throat. And of course she only wanted it to merely rest there and not actually injure him. Think you got it and can do it yourself now or do you need to be shown again? She asked as she turned the sickle around in order to present the handle to Ithiel should he wish to end up trying it.

<style>
#willam {