Running from the fear
[html]

p; Nani Ethereal Eclipse

ohh the insecurity!

wc;541

The stiff wind teased the dark fur that lined her back. For a moment it grew so strong that it pushed the longer guard hairs, urging them to dance on end. A slight chill touched her skin, and sent a small shiver down her spine. Upwind Anu let her scent flow forward, to any that might be ahead, giving any full warning of her approach. Since she had come to Phoenix Valley the lanky traveler had become stronger and put a small layer of muscle atop the lean fibers that had given her just enough strength to move her four paws. With a steady diet and good hunting ground she would be able to fill her small frame, making her face rounder and her body more powerful.

She had decided days ago that the rain would never leave, and she was set on being damp for as long as she lived. Clouds replaced blue shies and she had just about lost her need to miss the sun. Every so often she would look for the round orb she faithfully observed, and each time he would be hiding. Maybe he had forgotten the small insignificants that littered the planet beneath him, leaving them to freeze and wither into nothing.

It was hard for the tawny fey to hang around her home, not when her mind consistently thought about the snow colored female. If Anu had had her way they would never have left her den. Every time Anu entered it, it felt huge, to large for just one wolf to fill its walls with warmth. Still Anu clawed at the earth, making the space larger, as well as the void. She knew that there would be so many complications to her new relationship, but there was a very common need between them. Both needed each other, without question or judgment. They would address them when it became too much, the questions to large and the complications to imperative.

She gave her body little direction, letting it just take the rest of her where ever her paws stepped. Far from her home Anu had no true idea where she was, just knowing that she moved east. She did indeed love the valley, the ranch and her meadow; her pack was small but a family that she could rely on. It was hard to stop her wandering heart, and the once lone wolf needed to satisfy the itch she felt. Black nose sniffed the ground, sensing the water ahead of her. She turned north, away from Rabbit Lake, and from the territory of the female she so desperately wanted.

Anu had attempted to see Naniko, and instead had felt she was trespassing. There was one ever-present feeling that she could not suppress. She wondered if Naniko would not want to see her again, did not feel that same as Anu did and wanted to move on with her life. More of a fear then a feeling it made Anu seem weak and insignificant. She ran, four paws hitting the ground hard as they took her into a damp and dark forest. She ran from the fear and the possible rejection, heart still holding fast to the affection and possible love.

[/html]
[html]

Ethereal Eclipse wasn't very far away from her own happy home, and Naniko often took walks through its damp forests. It was a really good place to go whenever she wanted silence; things were so busy at Twilight Vale, and sometimes she needed some time to herself to think. It was too loud back home.

She hadn't seen many of the pack members since the pack meeting, not on a regular basis, anyway. She was especially missing Soran, Conri's mother...and wondered if the dark female might have heard what had happened and gone off looking for her boy. Naniko couldn't expect her to side with her on this, not with everything that had happened. If it were her child, she'd want to protect them too. But it did hurt a little, the thought that the ever faithful Soran wouldn't be around for her grandchildren's birth. Naniko thought of the older female as a second mother...she would sorely miss her.

This forest was damp, but there were a few clearings here and there. She'd been pretty active this morning, going out for a walk despite her achy legs, and now she was ready for a rest. The ivory female lay out across a rock on her back, her growing belly exposed to the bits of sunlight that filtered down through the tree's leaves. Soon the leaves would be changing color and falling...but right now they were still as green as ever. She looked up at them from where she lay, watching as patches of cloud crossed over the patch of visible sky that she could see from her position.

[/html]
[html]

Ah, I <3 these two..

All that filled her ears was the steady pounding of her paws, and forever beating of her heart. It rang deep in both ears, reminding her how hard she was truly running. Slowing to a stop, Anu was pressured to pant; taking in the much-needed air her lungs had missed while she sprinted. The sudden intake shot pain through her chest, only ending after she had conceded and opened her mouth to calm her breathes. Never stopping, she walked on until her breath was caught.

Through the trees a white figure stood so brilliantly against the foliage Anu could not have missed it even if she had tried. Stopping abruptly her jaw snapped closed, allowing her nose to work properly. Of course it was Naniko, there would no other that Anu would run all this way just to meet. Of course Anu would attempt to run from her, and then unknowingly sprint right into her arms. She took only a single moments thought before continuing along the narrow trail.

Among the vast forest this was whom she met, she smiled at the thought of fates work, all the while stalking the white fey. Anu noticed the growing belly that made her figure just that much more curvaceous. Silently Anu approached Naniko, stepping onto the large rock in which she basked. Her black nose trailed along her belly, planting small kisses all the way to her cheek.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: whee!

She could hear something nearby, a few cracking twigs, but she didn't turn her head. Whoever it was she was planning on just letting them come to her. She felt relatively safe, with most of the major fighting between Dahlia and Inferni over with...and she was tired of worrying about them all the time. Maybe it wasn't a coyote approaching, like she usually thought it was...maybe it was someone nice this time. Naniko didn't want to risk getting injured, or her pups being hurt, but she was also fairly certain that if it was someone dangerous she would be able to get up and run away in time.

Naniko stretched, lifting all four legs straight up in the air and then relaxing them. She had thought about going to see Anu earlier that day, instead of coming here, but had decided against it; she was sure that if she kept showing up that the other female would eventually get sick of her. And she definitely didn't want that. Plus, with Conri gone, she needed to start spending more time inside the borders...to affirm her leadership to the other neighboring packs. She had to make sure that the lands smelled completely of her and Lucifer, and that her ex-mate's scent wasn't the dominating one any longer.

She hadn't expected whoever it was to come near her, just pass by...so when the cracking sound got louder she rolled over onto her side to see who it was. "Anu" The tone was more surprised than anything else. Every few seconds she caught a whiff of something, something strikingly familiar. "You smell like me. Or...I mean, like Twilight Vale" She chuckled at the female's antics--the touches tickled in some places--and returned the favor, leaning over to place a quick lick on Anu's muzzle. "What're you doing all the way out here?"

[/html]
[html]

thank god my writing block is gone!

There had been a pain that hung to her heart while they were apart, small and throbbing, it rose and fell with her thoughts. The closer she had gotten to picturing the white fey’s face in her mind, the louder the pain would get, almost an entirely new voice asking when they would be together again Now that both her heart and mind were content, Anu could breath easy and let her muscles relax. So much so that even the questions that surrounded all of her feels could grow silent.

Naniko sounded surprised to see her, as shocked as Anu had been to find her. She did sound taken aback, but not as if she was unhappy Anu was there or wanted to be alone, or as If she was meeting someone else. It was hard to miss the feeling on content that passed between them, settling all of their nerves. The longer Anu stood in her presence the more she felt she could be herself.

Laying down next her, she felt an odd urge to be lazy and lounge as Naniko had. She smiled again as she felt the kiss against her muzzle, another confirmation that Nainko was enjoying her company. Her voice was soft as usual, but held a passive undertone. “I visited your house.” More like a massive mansion, though Anu knew it only as a house, a human’s home. “I met a few from your family. It’s a lovely place.” In Phoenix Valley they were family, so why would it be different for Naniko?

Taking in a deep breath she found that they did smell very similar, but her scent did still hold something that made the sandy fey’s heart thump against her chest. Anu moved so that they touched, mixing their scent together even more. Naniko’s question had no real answer, unwilling to admit her insecurity. “Out for a run… and here you are.” She smiled wider blue eyes meeting jade. “I might have been looking for you.” She admitted with a little grin.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: x3 yayy!!

"A healthy relationship needs a little stalking."She said seriously, looking back at Anu. A few moments later she broke into a grin, though, her tail thumping against the boulder beneath them. "I don't mind, really. It's kind of cute." Naniko had felt insecure about staying in her four-legged form for the longest time, especially after she'd been unable to defend herself against Conri, but now she wasn't thinking about that. There was something about Anu that chased all of those thoughts out of her head. Right now she was just focused on what she was feeling, something new and wonderful that she hadn't thought she would feel again.

She'd realized a short while before that what she had done had been wrong...with Conri. When he had come back from his brother he had been so different...it had seemed like small differences, little things, but Naniko had noticed them. And after a while it had started to add up into a bigger problem. She had felt so bad for him, though, having only come back to the pack for her...escaped his brother's torture...that there had been no way she wouldn't have gotten back together with him.

That had been where she'd gone wrong. She should have told him to wait, that she wasn't sure. But instead they'd gone ahead and started their relationship all over again, just like nothing had ever happened. She didn't want to rush into anything really serious now, not even after what had already happened between she and Anu. How would things change when the pups came along? Would they stay the same? She couldn't come to depend on Anu if the female wasn't going to be around...she couldn't do that to the pups and couldn't do it to herself. But she couldn't help being close to her, wanting to be even closer.

"I hope they treated you well" She turned her head to look at her again. "I told them to keep a really hard watch on the borders, especially for coyotes. Even now that things have calmed down we can't afford to slip up." Of course, it wasn't just about the coyotes. It was about Conri too. "Next time I'll show you around the house a bit, if you want. Or we could go to the lake again...I could use some more fish" She really did love the taste of fish. "I especially love that one kind...with the whiskers. They're hard to catch, but I think they taste the best. What do you like to eat?" The female moved her tail back and forth, occasionally letting it brush over against Anu.

[/html]
[html]

raaar

Eyes always on her, even only half open as she relaxed beside the white wolf, it was too hard to look away. Her ears fell slightly when Naniko spoke, instantly worried that she had stepped over the line, assuming that Naniko would have wanted to see her anyways. But her nerves where calmed slightly, enough for her ears to return to their normal position, when she claimed it was all right to unexpectedly visit.

A piece of Anu, a very large piece, wanted to know for sure how Naniko felt. It was easy to read her body language, thumping tail, smiles and relaxed figure, but she didn’t want to read anything wrong. Anu wanted to be right, wanted to know right where she was and no further along the road, certainly not behind either. The questioned dominated her mind, but the wording would not arrange itself.

“They were wonderful.” So much so that Anu would happily follow her right back to the steps of the large house. Thankfully Naniko spoke more then she did, even being so relaxed and at ease it was still hard for her to express herself while around the alabaster fey. But every answer was yes. She would meet her at the house, the lake. Dive into the water and catch fish with her bare teeth and gut them with her claws. She would carry her up the stairs of her grand house when she was too tired to make the trip, and gladly take her to bed.

What she wanted, Anu would give.

Struck by the onslaught of a realization she laid silent for a moment, trying to recover without giving her confusion away. Finally she spoke, “I would love to see your room.” Hiding a wide smile, she moved quickly from the subject. “Catfish I think. Do you use your teeth? Or a rod?” Naniko would have to teach her if she did, not familiar with many human tools.

“I don’t catch much, just watch and wonder what it would be like to move so easily in my own world.” She rambled now, letting what ever came to mind out. She shut her mouth and rested her chin on the other’s side. For once she had no way of arranging the questions that raced through her brain.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: I'm having Deja Vu. And I just found out that Stargate Atlantis is being cancelled after this season...which upsets me beyond belief.

She had been told that it was good to keep exercising, to keep active and all, but most days she didn't do anything like that. Things that normally took a few minutes wound up taking Naniko an hour to complete...so she usually picked one task for the day and got that accomplished, then rested up afterwards. She doubted that anything would happen just because she did a little extra work around the house, but she knew that she couldn't be too careful. She was very worried about losing these pups like she had the last litter.

"When I could shift I used a rod...back when I lived in Clouded Tears. We built a bridge over the river that was perfect for fishing." She nodded, remembering. "Nowadays I've been using a net that Lucifer has. It catches a ton of fish, and it only takes a little bit of work." She wondered what hunting methods Anu used.

The sunlight was coming through the branches but shadows still remained, playing over her white pelt. "Ah...with the way they swim? They can't move so easily in our world...so I think it's a fair exchange. And we can't breathe in theirs...and they can't breathe in ours either" Anu's head against her side felt perfect, like it was meant to be there. "Can you feel them? Sometimes I can feel teeny little movements...but not all the time"

[/html]
[html]

soo sorry to hear that! ... deja vu'ing what?

Fishing was something she had discussed with many different wolves. Traditionally she was raised on a diet of strictly elk, deer, and moose. Never did her original pack use their shifted form to hunt, or even construct tools or structures. It was still a bit odd for the tawny fey to watch wolves use things to help them feed themselves. She would have to teach the simple female how to use a rod. Maybe Anu could teach her to climb trees, plant a garden or nurture wilting flowers in return.

Listening contently her eyes started the droop, soothed by her voice as well as her presence. As much as she wanted to watch her, Anu could not help but close her eyes and just let her thoughts meld with the words she spoke. She pictured the snow coated fey on two legs, green eyes watching the water, fishing pole in hand, long mane down her back and a smile always on her face. Anu was eager for the time when she would be able to shift, and she doubted Naniko would loose the glow her swollen belly gave her. No matter what her condition, in the blue-eyed girls vision, she would always shimmer.

Her last question made her ears flinch, eyes opened and watch her face. She turn her soft cheek so it could touch one of the softer parts of her stomach. They moved against her face, stretching against their crowded womb.

Smiling, Anu turned her head and placed a large ear against the colorless stomach, wondering if she could hear them too. Closing her eyes slightly again, she concentrated on the unborn wolves that grew inside. Keen ears picked up many different heart beats, their sound made her eyes open wide, slightly surprised she even heard anything. Keeping her ear still she tried to determine how many she actually heard. But they were faint and wove together and made it near impossible.

“Their strong.” Her voice low as if she would disturb a sleeping pup, without taking her ear of the round tummy she brought her brow up. “I’m not surprised.” He face grew serious, and she finally brought her head back to it original position. Chin touching her side gently she spoke, “They love you already, and haven’t even formally met you.”

[/html]
[html]
ooc: About sitting in my room. XD I dunno!

She had spent most of her puppyhood taking care of Davinci, inside a den. Naniko had gotten an early start on her adulthood, having hunted and taken care of the both of them at a young age. She could distinctly remember a few instances where she'd been afraid to leave him, afraid that he might get cold or that he might need something while she was away; it had kept her from seeing Conri for a while. One memory that she clung onto was of the time that Conri had come and given her a scarf, and how they'd wrapped it around both of their necks and walked back to Syemv together. The next time she had visited him, she'd left the scarf curled around Davinci, to make sure that he kept warm while she was away. Conri had come after that to help her out and live with her, but she'd spent a few confused months by herself with her little brother.

She didn't know why the red male was constantly in her thoughts. She had thought that after what had happened she would be able to fully forget him--if by will only...but it was harder than she'd thought. They had been together for more than a year. It was hard to let go, even if she wanted to.

"I've been thinking of names for them. I think...it's only right that at least one of them has his name. Just so they know that they do...did have a father once." She looked back at Anu. She was a little bit worried about what the other would say to that idea, if it was proper or not...but it was what she was planning on doing, if more than one survived.

[/html]
[html]

x3 Anu gets upset soo easy!

Eyes watched, wishing she could read the white colored girl’s thoughts. But even just watching her face gave Anu insight to what ran through her mind. Whatever it was it was heavy and laden with seriousness. For the alpha of any pack most of their thoughts must be serious, even when lying with their lover. Even when Anu gave her sweet words and smiled, there was still a certain unhappiness that shown threw her emerald eyes.

When the words passed her mouth Anu instantly understood what she had been thinking. He would always be on her mind. He would dominate every thought that passed threw her mind and even if dead would never truly be gone. As much as Anu wanted him to disappear, and take his place in her thoughts, she knew that it would never happen. She knew from passed experience that she could never compete with a male that had wronged any female she hoped to love.

She would try, as hopeless as it might be Anu refused to give in to her own insecurities.
The happiness she felt just being with Naniko was enough to keep her in place, even if she would never be held at the same place as Conri had been, and heaven forbid still stayed. It was important that her pup know who their father was, even if she did not plan for him to be a large part of their life. Maybe one would hold his surname, just enough to understand his heritage, but have the call name of the rapist.

“Would you name one Conri?” The name left her tongue with a bitter taste. She remembered now how much she hated the beast she had never even met. She did not want Naniko to know her as a hateful wolf. Her eyes were pleading, wishing she could take the tone back, But part of her wanted to Naniko to know how she hated him. “His last name might be more fitting. Its important for them to know of their father.” She inhaled, letting it escape slowly.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

"He was always Conri Church to me. I don't know why his mother gave him that last name...his father was a Nothing and his mother's last name was Aatte. But...somehow he didn't end up with either name. I never had the chance to ask him." She did feel bad about talking about Conri in front of Anu, especially this early on in their relationship...if it could be called that. But at the same time, she knew that Conri had definitely had an impact on her over the time that they had been together...and that Anu knew that.

"I wouldn't give them his first name. But maybe Aatte....Soran's name. Or Church. Never Nothing, though. Nothing was a horrible, horrible wolf." None of her babies would be connected with that. Conri had done her wrong....but as far as she knew, that was the only thing he had done. Hollow had been a known rapist. "He liked the name Mati, I thought. So maybe a Mati Church...if there are any girls." She wanted to say that she had enough time to split evenly between Anu, herself and the pups, and the pack...but she couldn't. It would always be the pack, the pups, then Anu. Such was the life of a leader. "You don't have to stay with me...if it ever causes you grief. If it becomes too much."

[/html]
[html]

As much as Anu might be resentful towards the wolf that had hurt Naniko, it was important for her to know about their relationship. It was prevalent that Anu understood how she loved him, how he wronged her, and how he had even cared for her. It was such a part of her and Anu wanted to know every inch. If it made Naniko open up to the smaller sandy wolf, then Anu would be happy to listen.

There was so much history between them. And just from what Anu had heard so far it sounded like more history she had in her entire life. It was intimidating, but also gave a clear picture of Naniko’s loyalty. Faithfulness was something Anu was proud of, and was glad to share it with Naniko.

She composed herself, hardening her skin as she listened. All the names were foreign, but she held tight to them, ready to remember. She had even met one of the wolves she spoke of. Nothing, made her wonder. The usually calm fey made her opinion of this beast known, such a name for a truly worthless creature. Her body was relaxed, thinking about how many pups her friend would have, and how she liked Mati as a name as well. Even if it was Conri’s choice.

Her head moved to her soft white shoulder, eyes watching her talk. She was ready to respond, when Naniko’s next words left her speechless. Had she let her emotions play along her face? To often she let her feels flood her features for the world to interpret. Her head rose slowly from the shoulder, eyes watching her face for any hint of the words true meaning. But even her soft eyes gave Anu little to decipher. Stay with her here? At this moment? Or was she talking about tomorrow or the next day.

“If you want me to, I will stay.” Pausing to take a breath. “I want to.” It was all she could say for the moment, all that came to her mind, hoping it would allow her a few seconds of thought. Maybe she couldn’t always be there, but it was what she wanted. It was who she was; the need to please was so great that Anu could ignore her own pain until it killed her. She felt beyond selfish and ashamed for letting it show on her face.

“Only if you want me.” She spoke again, giving Naniko the option. She could send Anu away, with no hard feelings. It was her choice. If she wanted Anu then she would do what she could do stay at her side, but part of Anu knew that she was more attached then Naniko was. All she needed was a little encouragement, just a word that said she was doing what Naniko wanted, she wouldn’t survive without it.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

"I want you. And I want you to stay." She said quickly, rolling over to a position where she could sit up a little. She did want Anu, more than anything else...but she wanted her to be happy. What kind of a life would it be for her, especially after the pups were born? Naniko would be spending a lot of time with them. And she wanted to share that with her lover, she really did...but she didn't know how Anu felt about pups, if she enjoyed being around them. And she also didn't want the children to get attached to someone who wouldn't be around later on in their lives.

"Even if it's just for now...or a few weeks...or a few months. Or years. However long you want to. I can't think of a day without you in it"

[/html]
[html]

End soon?? we also need to discuss plot-age!

No warning that Naniko could give her would push her away. The only thing that would make her budge would be a direct rejection from Naniko, if she wanted her gone she would go. All the things that her love worried would hurt or push Anu away were the things that made her want to stay. Anu wanted to be there when her puppies were born and could not wait until she could fall in love with them as much as she begun to with their mother.

Anu rose when she did, watching her jade eyes. She kept close, never breaking their contact. It was always hard to realize what she truly wanted. How she needed someone to be there, to be strong, steady and help face her fears. It was hard to put those things in words that made sense. All she had were the muddled feelings that were so strong they were as powerful as gravity, pulling her strait to Naniko.

It would be hard, when Naniko had so many other thing things to provide for and love. Anu would have to share her with so many. But she was ready, ready to share the heart that had wrapped itself so tightly around her own. All those things that she would have to give the tall white wolfess to were others that Anu already loved. Even if she hadn’t met them. She loved them because they were Naniko’s family; she loved then because they were Naniko’s children. It just wouldn’t be the same if she didn’t come with the baggage Anu was so ready open her heart to.

Her words were lost, her breath even taken by her brief confession. Eager to share her own, Anu spoke. Her voice was surprisingly steady and soft, “It hurts when I’m not with you.” She almost expected the dull pain to flair up when she mentioned it, but it was silent and absent in Naniko’s presence. Softly touching her neck with her nose, her heart fluttered at the thought of Naniko truly wanting her.

“I’ll always want to be there.” She inhaled, taking her scent deep in her nose. She would never let go, and would never be missing when Naniko needed her. “They’ll always have me too.” Her voice was quiet, but sure.

[/html]