[p] deep inside these sleeping shallows
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:23% 52% ;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 09 Sept* *Foredated

Weather: Drizzly

Time: Afternoon
Optime
--

--

Vasiliy is by me!

Vasiliy had fretted for some time over this. He was not good at giving gifts -- especially not to a woman he hardly knew. But the dark-hued wolf felt he owed a debt to Hotaru, who had been the first to help him with his home. Now that the home was finished, the nagging sensation that he ought to repay her in kind grew and grew, until it was too much to ignore. So it was that the stone-hued wolf found himself staring down at his meager possessions, spread around like so much junk. There was the alcohol -- but did one make such a gift to a lady? He thought not. The plant, too, was a gift in kind, and perhaps not suited for her. In the end, Vasiliy decided he had nothing to offer but his company and, perhaps his labor -- if she found herself in need of a favor.

The dark-hued wolf was nervous as he made his way toward the woman's home. The village was not so large that he got lost easily, and he located it by scent soon enough. He loitered for a moment, composing himself. He was absolutely certain he'd screw it up in some manner or another -- such was his lot in life. Swallowing his nervousness, the wolf strode toward Hotaru's home and put on a smile. As he was not keen on the concept of knocking, he called to her instead. Allo? Hotaru? Luckily, his voice was deep, and naturally loud of volume.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Grief, pain, and shame swirled in the female's mind, crushing her chest and making her dark world feel even more like a prison than before. Aiden and Aysun were dead, taken from her by some foul wind that took the life from their tiny forms. She didn't even know what they looked like. Hotaru had once thought it was enough to just hear their voices and smell their individual scents, but it wasn't. It wasn't even close to enough. She had never seen their fur, never seen their shining eyes. She had never gazed upon Aiden and Aysun as any other mother could, and they were taken from her all the same. Hadn't Hotaru paid enough? Hadn't she given away everything that she could? Her family was dead, her offspring had followed, her mate had simply left. Not that she could blame him. She had said terrible things to him, so why would he stick around?

Hotaru sat in her bedroom, clutching the blanket that Aiden and Aysun had slept on. It still smelled like them, and if she tried real hard, she could almost hear their babbling voices. A pathetic whimper escaped her lips and she began to rock back and forth, clutching the blanket to her chest. Soft chirps came from the two birds who each rested on a post. Kelia had become really attached to Hotaru in recent days, a strange development for the white falcon. Fawkes was off tracking Dalgina on Hotaru's orders, just to make sure that nothing happened to the young wolf-dog.

The sound of her own name being called in a thick accent made the blind female's ears prick. Was it Levent? Had he come back to her. Raising her snout, Hotaru tested the air. Disappointment and fresh feelings of grief washed over her like crashing waves as she recognized Vasiliy's scent. For a brief moment, the grieving mother considered ignoring Vasiliy. However, that moment faded and Hotaru stood. She placed the blanket on her bed and walked reluctantly to the front door.

After taking a deep breath, Hotaru dawned her mask of competent confidence. She allowed her tail to raise slightly and forced herself to stand tall. Although she was a mental and emotional wreck, it wasn't an obvious fact to most. Hotaru had nearly perfected her mask, and made sure to keep it on. She was, after all, the pack's Maven. "Good afternoon. Is there something you need from me Vasiliy?"

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Vasiliy is by Sunny!

He wished he had brought something. What use was it thinking he could help anyone? He was Vasiliy, and it seemed his fate to screw things up in spectacular fashion. And yet, as Hotaru emerged from within her house, looking decent and rather much like herself, some of the stone-furred wolf's nervousness left him. He smiled up at her, bright blue eyes looking over her face. The eyes were blank, as he expected, but there was normalcy written on her face, much as he remembered her from his move-in day.

The gray-furred wolf shuffled a little closer, still smiling. Though perhaps she could not see it, she might still hear it in his voice, shaping his words. Allo, he repeated, more softly. I... was just wonder, if anything you needed? Company? Help? I maybe brought drink, but... ladies, sometimes don't like... alcohol, he said, trailing off. There was more of a stammer in his voice than usual. He shouldn't have said anything about the stupid alcohol -- he'd have to go home and get it if it turned out she wanted some. But that was not such a big deal, in the end -- he'd just look silly for having mentioned it without actually having it along with him.

You help Vasiliy move in, and I want to help Hotaru now. He lifted a head to adjust the bandanna wrapped around his head, trying not to look like the fool he felt -- until he remembered Hotaru could not see his foolishness. Then, he could have laughed at himself, but instead kept that chuckle to himself.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Hotaru didn't want to meet anyone other than Dalgina. She just wanted to be left alone to mourn the loss of her puppies. The intrusion was less than welcomed; but as the pack's Maven, Hotaru had a responsability to the pack. If someone came knocking at her door looking for assistance, she had to provide it, no matter how painful it was. It had been a while since she had dawned her mask and hidden her true self. Yet, the action was as easy and flawless as before. Keeping her emotions hidden was as natural as breathing, a fact that made Hotaru want to squirm and scream. Why? Why did she always have to be the responsible one? Couldn't she take a break once in a while to just break down and howl her head off?

Vasiliy spoke in a way that reminded Hotaru of a smile, almost as if she could hear the facial expression. A brief lust for blood spilled over her as she imagined ripping the smile form his face. Luckily, the idea died before it could even be fully formed as Hotaru stemmed her anger. Vasiliy was only trying to help, even if his approach was at the worst possible time. One of the blind female's ears flicked in annoyance, but her words were smooth and calm as she spoke. "Your thoughts are kind and appreciated. However, I'm not sure if there is anything I need you to do at this time. I..." Hotaru's voice quieted as she thought about the chores she had left unfinished.

Hotaru had yet to remove the rejected wooden legs from her workshop. Just after Aiden and Aysun's birth, Hotaru had completed the assignment Skye had given her. The Leader had asked Hotaru to make some wooden legs for one of the New Dawn wolves, a task she had taken seriously. However, there were still a few pairs that had either been broken or weren't to her liking and thus rejected. Hotaru just didn't have time to remove the legs with two growing puppies, nor did she have the energy to do so after her death. Nodding, Hotaru spoke again. "Actually, I have a few things that need to be discarded if you would be willing to help me with that." At least it would take her mind of things, even if only for a little bit.

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

Vasiliy is by me!

Although Hotaru had not struck Vasiliy as a particularly sunny personality at first, this canine seemed faintly different from the mildly stoic woman he remembered from his first move-in. There was something vaguely different about her, anyway, and Vasiliy was not certain he liked it. She seemed ready to turn him away, and he would have gone readily, but the blind woman hesitated, and Vasiliy held his breath. He might well deserve to be sent away for having disturbed her, but he truly felt indebted to her.

She trailed off, however, and began speaking a different train of thought, one that made Vasiliy brighten. The stone-colored wolf straightened up and smiled again, nodding eagerly. Anything you need, he said. I come to help. It wasn't just Hotaru he felt indebted to, but all of Cercatori d'Arte -- and was one of the first he'd met, the first to provide great assistance, she happened to be at the forefront of his feeling of debt. He paused and awaited her instruction, ready to contribute strong arms wherever necessary. Tell me what do, I do it. It was not as if he needed to reaffirm his intent to help -- he'd done so a few times already, but he didn't really know what else to do. Making small talk seemed utterly absurd, given the circumstances.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I am so sorry for making you wait.

Word Count → 000

Hotaru found herself suddenly craving company, yet at the same time wanting to reject it. Her grief was profound, but her instincts were strong. Wolves were social animals, driven to share their pain and happiness with those whom they called pack. Hotaru couldn't help but feel conflicted. She didn't want to share her loss with another nor even discuss it with anyone other than herself. There was a very real danger that no matter how hard she tried to hide her feelings, Vasiliy would discover them and Hotaru was in no mood to explain herself. She would savor his company, and hopefully it would a brief visit.

Thankfully, or unfortunately, Vasiliy was quick to agree to the Maven's suggestion. His voice sounded eager a bright, something Hotaru desperately wanted to rip away from him. Why should he be happy when she was so depressed and upset? Why did the world have to go on without Aiden and Aysun? Once again, Hotaru brushed her dark temper aside with no more visual cues than a bat of her eyes and twitch of her tail. Turning aside, Hotaru entered her house and beckoned the male to follow her with a wave of her hands. She moved through the main chamber with ease, remember the path to her workshop. Ever since Dalgina moved in, her workshop had been moved to the old garage. It was a rather large room and in many way Hotaru liked it better. However, it could get damp and cold at times, making the area perhaps a less suitable workspace.

As she led the way, she spoke to Vasiliy, telling him what needed to be done. "I have a few failed pieces that need to be tossed into the woods or some unused house. They aren't to big, but... I have just been a little busy and thus it was a project that was unfortunately, never completed." When she entered the garage, the blind female quickly moved to the back end and manually opened the large door. The mechanism barely worked, but with several hours of fiddling and help Hotaru had managed to rig something together that worked. It wasn't anything more than a few sandbags and some rope.

Hotaru stood for a moment and let the fresh autumn air float into her home. Turning back, she stepped towards a pile of carved wood that sat against one of the walls. Many were half finished, while other's had been splintered and broken. There were a few puzzle cubes and a rough carving or two, but the pile was mostly composed of the leg rejects. "Here we are, I hope that I'm not burdening you too much. If you could take away the broken pieces, I would be very grateful."

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

-- Dude it's okay, I'm sorry too. ;____; ♥ Feel free to have her get mad and yell if Vasi becomes too overly awkward btw!

Vasiliy is by Sunny!

The dark-hued Russian was glad to follow the woman into her dwelling. His pale blue eyes appraised its innards carefully, sweeping from one wall to the next. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he was quite pleasantly surprised by the workshop. It was large and held plenty of space, and was rather neatly organized -- at least in Vasiliy's view, anyway. He had no sense of organization and was prone to scattering whatever wherever. Dropping things he was done with was a customary behavior for Vasiliy within his own abode -- and it was always a point of contention between himself and his family in Russia.

Vasiliy's eyes widened as Hotaru went for the opening mechanism, and even jumped a little as the garage door started. There was a great lot of noise, but the cool breath of fall air entering the dusty garage was wondeful. He didn't think the dust was for a lack of cleaning, but a natural consequence of occupying a place that had sat twenty-odd years unused. His own place was much the same; there were corners with mouse-holes he'd never be able to fix completely. That door work -- amazing, he said, shaking his head. You did it? It seemed to Vasiliy everything Hotaru did was twice as amazing due to her condition, but he would have been just as impressed with a sighted canine rigging as large a door to open with so little effort. I will remove, he said happily. Maybe someone burn wood for fire, yeah? He took a few steps toward the wood and gathered as much as he could.

<style>
</style>[/html]