A Darker Shade of Blue
This was it. The perfect spot. Everything was amazing down here. Everything smelled so fresh, and spectacular. And it was so much warmer than, the other areas. The quiet wind whistled in her ears, while her heart kept drumming to the beat of her steps. She had to take it all in. It was such a beautiful area! She had always been a fan of hills and foggy coast lines. Jordyns chose a nice soft grassy area to lay down on for a while. She hugged her legs toward her, and pressed her cheek against her knee, staring at the wildlife in front of her. "What must it have been like," she thought, "when humans were around..." She had heard many tales of humans that her parents had heard from their parents and so on, and the majority had not been great, but still, they were creatures with much accomplishment. She had seen the big houses that they had constructed. That was definitely not an easy thing to do. They had shaped the land, even if it was for worse rather than for the better. From the warm heat of the sun above her, she became sleepy. She decided that it was for the best, to rest her eyes for a while. She couldn't imagine what the area would be like in the moonlight, but she would have to wait.
[html]
(344) OOC: Big Grin Eclipse is actually wearing her clothes which you can see in my profile, the onlything missing is the hat, that is replaced by the scarf she has tied around her hair to keep in a ponytail Smile

The happiness that ran through Eclipse was like no other she felt. She was in love and she told him.... and he reciprocated. It did not void out her sadness for her pups but time was wearing away and she knew she would have more and she couldn’t help but think of puppies with Rob. They would have his thirst for knowledge and her thirst for adventure. She was not ready to have any yet. By no means, she was still recovering from her last litter that now lay in the earth.

She was racing with Grace, it had been some time since she rode the horse in a full gallop along the hillsides and much longer since she really rode so fast in her life. Grace was a fast horse and she was so agile, Eclipse felt free and let her spirits lift as she rode with the mare. She did not ride her too long and soon slowed her to a canter then down to a trot where they went for a little while that way, then she slowed the horse to a nice walk, panting heavily as she remembered the exhilaration she had only moments ago and all she heard was the music of Grace’s wonderful hooves. There was a figure in the distance now and she pulled her bow from her back and rested it with an arrow across her lap as she moved toward the figure. She was cautious these days, it was best to be after the rumors and things she heard about. “Hello” She said kindly but a wary look on her face as she came closer, the horse was still at a walk but they were many yards from the canine before she spoke. She could see the woman, for she got that information from the scent that carried in the wind, was black and white. It reminded her of Naryu and for a second she thought it was the woman who was more like an aunt than any thing to her.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
The dreaming canine awoke to a soft voice that couldn't be identified at first. The sun was still high in the sky, so she could only guess that she was asleep for up to a half hour. She rubbed her eyes, trying to adjust to the bright sun, then turned her head clockwise, with her shoulders bent at ninety degrees, and looked across the landscape. There was a female wolf a few meters away from her, that smelled of the Cercatori d'Arte pack, standing by a gorgeous cinnamon colored horse, with a pretty glossy blonde mane, and a white streak on her face that went from her nose to her forehead. The horse was obviously well taken care of. The wolf had bow by her side, and she was walking gingerly toward her. The female had greeted her with kind intentions, so she followed suit. "Hello, I'm Jordyn. What a fine horse you have!" She moved her self into a cross legged position, and pat the grass beside her, welcoming her to sit with her. A gesture that she didn't use often with strangers. "Would you like to sit with me? It sure is a pretty day for a little chat, and I am in need for some company."
[html]
(277) OOC:

Eclipse eyed the woman as she sat up, and she kept a grip on her bow just in case, but she was greeted warmly and offered a place near her. Eclipse hesitated slightly but she nodded, the woman seemed nice enough, she put her arrow and bow away and climbed off the horse who was now at a stand still. Graces nickered at Eclipse and then went about to forage around to see if she could find any sweet grass or something in the old forest floor. Eclipse knew she wouldn’t go far and she moved toward the woman, but did not sit right next to her. She sat across from her about a foot or so away. They were within arms reach, but Eclipse was sure if the woman would attack she could hold herself.

“My name is Eclipse Soulstorm.” She said quietly, almost shyly. She sat on her knees and her tail wagged nervously, but she was being as kind as possible. She was a good woman but she was beginning to be more cautious. Life threw crazy things at her lately and it brought on older instincts she used when she ran away from Dahlia. “Thank you, she is a fine horse, I am very lucky to have her as my friend. Do you know much about horses?” Eclipse asked curiously. She was learning day by day, but she was in no way an expert on the animals. She was a cooking expert, or an archery expert, but she still had so much more to learn about horses than she could ever think about, but her pack was helping her.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
A warm breeze blew the grass along the hills around her, the blades dancing like little dominoes that sprung back up after their fall; one by one, each blade took their turn and fell in such a beautiful way, it almost seemed unreal. The collie wasn't sure if she believed of life after death, but if there was one, then this was where she should would want her soul to end up. She turned around to see the woman coming toward her, still holding on to her bow. Her stallion was now grazing on delicate grass in the field behind them, munching softly. She sat down in front her at a safe distance. She was noticeably cautious of her comfortableness, but that was just the way that she was feeling today, despite the fact that her mood was indomitable at times. She locked her hands around her knees and smiled at the canine in front of her. The woman seemed to have something on her mind that she was keeping locked up tight in her mind; something sad or immeasurably important to her. The canine would ask, since it wasn't at all her business, but it did concern her, so she kept it in mind to think over later. After Jordyn had introduced her name, and had kindly remarked her horse, the woman had replied also. She had quietly replied that her name was Eclipse Soulstorm. It was a pretty name, dark, yet it had ring that she wouldn't forget. She asked if her had any knowledge on horses. She had some knowledge, but it wasn't a strong subject of hers, she mostly just noted their beauty. "Not much," she said sweetly, "I am not much of the naturalist as I wish I could be. Jokes and writing are my fortes." Jordyn smiled again, hoping to make her new guest feel comfortable around her.
[html]
(338) OOC: Sorry about the little delay lots of worrrrk

She looked over at the woman’s stallion who grazed on his own. Eclipse knew Grace would steer clear of the horse as she just birthed her own foal earlier in the summer and would not be willing to make any more until after he was grown and entirely weaned, which he wasn’t still, though close to it. She turned back to the woman as she answered Eclipse’s question and she couldn’t help but being disappointed; “Ah I see, I’m still trying to learn about them. Grace came upon me and she just wouldn’t leave me alone. So she’s been with me since. She was once owned by someone who’s passed on so she’s probably still hoping I’d find her master or something.” Eclipse said, though she suddenly felt she said a little much but she couldn’t help but being prideful she didn’t actually have to capture the horse herself, in fact she barely got to touch her for the first few weeks the animal followed her into Nova Scotia. Eclipse wouldn’t hurt the horse as she had saved Eclipse from falling to her doom, even when she was still pregnant with a foal, well at the time two, though one had not made it.

“You know jokes? I think I know a few people who know some. I am a hunter, and I cook.” Eclipse said shrugging, but she turned the attention back on the woman; “Might I hear some of your jokes?” She asked, She was in no way depressed but had been cautious. It was always good to be cautious. She thought as she waited for something, anything the other woman had to say. She needed a laugh she knew that much, though Robert made her feel special, and happy she wondered if others could too, and so far this woman was nice enough but Eclipse was still unsure of how to act around her at the moment, being an outsider and someone she just met and all

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
The collie closed her eyes for a moment, soaking up the sun; dozing off in her heaven. She hummed a little tune that she had remembered from playing her ocarina. She looked at it in her bag, and smiled. She had forgotten to mention music to her. It was her strongest skill, and she had forgotten it. "Maybe it was for the best," she thought, since she didn't want reveal that much of herself quite yet. The stallion behind her was still grazing, and Eclipse was focusing on her intensely. After a few minutes, her guest had her full attention on her again. Eclipse had talked about her horse's past and how she found her. She had seemed disappointed at Jordyn's frank talk about her not being a naturalist. "Yes it is a very interesting topic. Cooking is very cool, too. I like the mathematics of it," Jordyn said and smiled. She thought about what joke she could use. When people had asked for them, she had always felt pressured, since everyone's sense of humor was different. She was more into the lighthearted riddles that make you think a little. [b]"I have to warn you that my jokes have not been perfected, and are a little corny, so I will give it my all," was the collie's reply, with a little snort. Then, she coughed and said,"What's bigger than you, but does't weigh anything?" Although, many people knew this joke, it still made people think, which was what she favored about it.
[html]
(184) OOC: DUH your shadow!! Tongue i was thinking about it first, and um, yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is.... RIGHT????

The pleasant sound of the woman’s hum came to Eclipse’s ears and the young woman smiled at the pleasant sound. It almost reminded her of her own mother who once upon a time did the same thing just to get her to sleep. She liked it but didn’t really say anything about it. She didn’t have to if the woman was confident enough to hum in front of a total stranger then she knew she was good enough. The woman commented on her own abilities, using the word cool, it must have a different meaning than what Eclipse thought it was but did not have the woman elaborate because it seemed she was thinking of a good joke.

Eclipse blinked at her thinking, something that was bigger than her but didn’t weigh anything? That was a hard question surely, there wasn’t anything like that was there? she pondered on this her eyes looking around; “Grass?” She asked confused, it could get taller and really didn’t weigh anything when one was picked. She shrugged giving up really wondering what this would be.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
OOC: Yup that's correct! Smile

The clouds above her were white a gracious, while casting darker shadows over the greener landscape. Smaller birds, like starlings, and robins were flying overhead in swift, quick movements. A little squirrel was stuffing its mouth with nuts, while flicking its tail rapidly. She wondered if it was the same squirrel that had taken hold of her pocket journal a few days back, while she had met her newest friend, Edgar, but once the wind blew towards her, she knew it wasn't. The scent of that squirrel was engraved in her mind. The collie scratched the back of her head, which made her floppy ears bounce playfully. She watched a small ant crawl on a blade of grass by her, and stuck her finger by it so it would crawl up her. He was probably on a journey, just like she was, and she didn't want to disrupt it, but she amused him. It wasn't often that she felt bigger than other people, so she took the opportunity, and let him crawl through her black fur. the woman had spoken quietly and surely after she had thought about the riddle for a while. How long that woman had thought about her answer made her smile, it was the exact response she wanted, and it told her she was on the right track. Her reply had been "grass". Yes, grass was light, and it could get bigger, but it was incorrect. "It's your shadow!" replied Jordyn chuckling a little, hoping that she would join in, too, "Get it?"
[html]
(230) OOC: Sorry for cutting this short ^^ just got lots of stuffs to do still and cutting back on older threads.

Eclipse bit her lip in anticipation, but her answer was wrong. When she heard it she looked at the woman incredulously, then looked for her shadow, it was hidden with the grasses but she could see the shape of it and she started laughing. “Oh I see yes! That is pretty funny, very witty.” She said with a giggle. “I do not know of such jokes, I have never really been with any others who do such things, but jokes are good I think.” She said smiling at the woman, it was something she was sure could brighten her day up if ever she needed it. She wondered if the woman had other jokes like this.

She probably wouldn't find out today because Grace came to her nosing her, letting her know the mare was missing her colt. Eclipse smiled and rubbed the mare's nose; “It seems my horse is telling me she wishes to see her child, I cannot keep her from him too long. It was good to meet you and I hope to again, to learn more of your jokes!” She said with enthusiasm. She took the mare's mane and pulled herself up on her back and gave the woman a head nod. Then trotted the horse out towards their home. She reflected on the other woman and thought, she was a good wolf.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
OOC: No problem, I understand. This has been fun. I hope they meet up again!

Jordyn could almost feel the day coming to a close. The sun had moved down since she had last noticed, and the sky was getting the tiniest shade of pink. All of the little animals had climbed into their resting areas for the night. Jordyn knew she would spend her night here, in this spot, and wait eagerly for morning to come to see the sunrise.

The punchline of her riddle had made the woman laugh, which filled jordyn with joy. The collie could almost sense the happiness coming off of the woman. These jokes had always been a favorite of a lot of people, and she had plenty more to share. She laughed with her for a little bit, and then watched as the horse came by and nudged his owner. Eclipse explained about the stallion's colt, and how she had missed him. She understood fully, and smiled at her. When Eclipse rose from her sitting area, she said to Eclipse "Goodbye, I hope to see you again!", then waved at her happily. As the two left Jordyn in the gorgeous meadow, Jordyn was left with a happy feeling inside her. The majority of her recent goodbyes had not been as well-mannered, and good hearted as this. She would only hope to see this woman again.